• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Maggot9

Banned
I played a really good Capture the Flag match today on Somerset. we went the full hour. we won, but we suspect people on the other team were cheating.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Maggot9 said:
Can I be in the GAF clan? im better than you kittonwy

:D jk
If you plan on playing with us tonight then you should post your psn so that who ever is party leader can add you. Or you can add me in game {Aeon712} and I'll keep an eye out for you. And just so you know Kittonwy is our top decoy, takes a lot to be better:).

Aeon712

Word of advice for anyone going for their 20kill medal, don't tell Efertlis and Sutdawg. I reached 12(new high) while they were shooting barrels to kill me :lol. Could've reached 20 but me and Bob were taken out by a random granade :(.

careksims

Aeon712 said:
Word of advice for anyone going for their 20kill medal, don't tell Efertlis and Sutdawg. I reached 12(new high) while they were shooting barrels to kill me :lol. Could've reached 20 but me and Bob were taken out by a random granade :(.

Damn sorry to hear that. Even though I wasn't there, I'm rooting for ya!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Aeon712 said:

I've found an easy way to get the 20 kills medal. It's cheating of course. Have you and a couple of friends set the options so that it searches for ranked games based on a un-common language (say Sumoi or Korean). Then you all go for a ranked free-for-all deathmatch and you'll eventually meet in the same lobby (due to the language filter). All you have to do now is having your two friends coming at you (hidden somewhere) letting themselves to be killed. You might have to fight some other guys while you wait for your friends to reach you after they die, but...

Maggot9

Banned
Aeon712 said:
If you plan on playing with us tonight then you should post your psn so that who ever is party leader can add you. Or you can add me in game {Aeon712} and I'll keep an eye out for you. And just so you know Kittonwy is our top decoy, takes a lot to be better:).

Well I believe I posted my PSN in this thread before, and I also posted in the other board for Online matchups, and also PM's the dude to allow me in the clan.

PSN= Maggot9, add me

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:

:lol At least I don't steal stealth kills.
Kidding.

And I wasn't trying to kill you with that barrel, just trying to add some fireworks to celebrate your new high.

Spooks

Scheduled to close tonight at work :(. Probably wont be able to get on till like 12:30ish... :( hopefully some of guys will still be playing when I get home.

M3Freak

Banned
I'm on tonight, even though I played until after 3:00 a.m. last night with Sutdawg and efirtlesdotcom (holy shit I can't remember how to spell that, maaaaaaaaan).

Last night was fun. There were about 10 of us for quite a while, and then slowly thinned out as the night progressed. I didn't do so well overall, but my K/D ratio didn't get any worse either, so it's all good.

I need 12 more sniper kills for my medal sniper medal. That's what I'm going to be working on today. Then, it's time for the arc charger - I am an ass with it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:

Yeah I was tossing air-fuels everywhere just in case they weren't able to get all the barrels.
Indifferent2.gif

For some reason my heart just wasn't in it last night.

Kittonwy

Banned
43ef1d0c46abc.jpg

^^ My god four nights a week, EXHAUSTED!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

SUCK IT UP AND GET READY!!!111!!! RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE X TRIANGLE CIRCLE LMALMALAM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Fridays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Greg

This past week was ridiculous with finals...

2 more days of classes and I will return to my PS3/Resistance! :D

Aeon712

Fellow Resistance owners I have just sinned, I couldn't convince a guy that his first PS3 game should be Resistance. He had his heart set on, on, on Genji :(.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:

:lol :lol :lol Wasn't me! :lol :lol :lol
I was half way across the board, how could I possibly shoot the barrels on that center bridge you were running across?

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Fellow Resistance owners I have just sinned, I couldn't convince a guy that his first PS3 game should be Resistance. He had his heart set on, on, on Genji :(.

He'll soon realize his mistake when he starts playing Genji, and that's me speaking as an owner of the game.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
sutdawg said:
:lol :lol :lol Wasn't me! :lol :lol :lol
I was half way across the board, how could I possibly shoot the barrels on that center bridge you were running across?

Re-enactment (with kitten playing the role of sutdawg):

snipercat.jpg

^^ Look Aeon712 is going for 20 kills... mwhahahaha.

Indifferent2.gif

Maggot9

Banned
is this shit going down tonight or what? i need someone to throw me an invite once some ppl are on..and i only have Kittonwy on my PSN list.. :)

Aeon712

Maggot9 said:
is this shit going down tonight or what? i need someone to throw me an invite once some ppl are on..and i only have Kittonwy on my PSN list.. :)
They've prob been playing for the last hr, throw Efertlisdotcom a message in game if you haven't been included yet.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
holy crap at those last few games. that one meltdown game was down to the wire. those network errors sucked though :(

Angelcurio

I was trying to get online for about 2 whole hours and just kept getting those weird Network Connection errors, i was pissed as hell. When i was finally able to get online, my sister accidentally shut down my router, i had to restart the process -_-

When i was finally able to get online i was so pissed and tired that after the first deathmatch game i could enter, i just decided to go to the bed.

ChryZ

Angelcurio said:
I was trying to get online for about 2 whole hours and just kept getting those weird Network Connection errors, i was pissed as hell. When i was finally able to get online, my sister accidentally shut down my router, i had to restart the process -_-

When i was finally able to get online i was so pissed and tired that after the first deathmatch game i could enter, i just decided to go to the bed.
That many errors aren't normal, maybe it's your lan/wifi setup.

calder

I got d/ced from the end of the match like 4 times in a row, then it kept saying I was in a party when I wasn't until I restarted the game (well, got out of online). I checked my PC and it was frozen on a Windows Update automatic shutdown screen, after I rebooted my comp everything was fine but how the hell would that impact my router? I don't see how that would affect my PS3, unless it stopped some ports because I had my browser and bittorrent and a bunch of shit still open.

I don't use the wifi since my $20 router sucks ass, but one weird thing about my PS3 was that I never had to do *anything* to my LAN to get my PS3 going. I assumed I would have to forward some ports or assign some device settings like I did with 360 or WoW but I never did.

Manp

calder said:
I don't use the wifi since my $20 router sucks ass, but one weird thing about my PS3 was that I never had to do *anything* to my LAN to get my PS3 going. I assumed I would have to forward some ports or assign some device settings like I did with 360 or WoW but I never did.

in theory you have to do nothing with either PS3 or 360 to get them working if you have DHCP and UPnP enabled

DHCP takes care of assigning an IP and setup gateway and DNS settings, and both support UPnP that automatically forward the needed ports

:)

kammy

Banned
When are worldwide servers coming?

I'm tired of playing japanese gamers... i bought a bt headset and everything. :(

M3Freak

Banned
I might play tonight, and if I do, probably for about an hour. I'm starting a new job on Monday, so Sunday and Tuesday clan nights are mostly finished for me. :(

Aeon712

Just played an awesome FFA in the mall, I finished 25-10 so I made up those 15 kills in one game M3 :D. Wasn't sure if I won or not since I had so many messages on my screen but I pulled it off 258-248.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Just played an awesome FFA in the mall, I finished 25-10 so I made up those 15 kills in one game M3 . Wasn't sure if I won or not since I had so many messages on my screen but I pulled it off 258-248.
Nice! I think I'm going to play around 5:00 p.m. If you want, check if I'm on then and join me in game.

I'll be missing you guys. Moving is a b*tch. See y'all in a week or two. :(

In the meantime, have fun winning TDMs without good ole HijoDelLocoRoco around making the score close by dying so much. :D You may actually miss me in Meltdown and Breech games tho...

Good luck on the new job m3.

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
I'll be missing you guys. Moving is a b*tch. See y'all in a week or two. :(

In the meantime, have fun winning TDMs without good ole HijoDelLocoRoco around making the score close by dying so much. :D You may actually miss me in Meltdown and Breech games tho...

Good luck on the new job m3.
You always make me laugh :(. And I rely on you and Kitton to take some of my deaths.

calder

Manp said:
in theory you have to do nothing with either PS3 or 360 to get them working if you have DHCP and UPnP enabled

DHCP takes care of assigning an IP and setup gateway and DNS settings, and both support UPnP that automatically forward the needed ports

:)
Hmm, now that you mention it maybe I didn't need to do anything to get LIVE working on my 360, I might be more remembering the crazy bullshit I had to do to get media streaming working.

*eye starts twitching uncontrollably*

Kittonwy

Banned
hangloose.jpg

^^ Just came back from wonderland, EXHAUSTED!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

DON'T THINK I HAVE FORGOTTEN GAF RESISTANCE NIGHT RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! GET READY BECUZ HERE I COME LMALMALAM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Fridays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
haven't been on in forever... I tried playing the other day, and it was the same old, it seems like every game people just keep quitting out, I dunno kinda of annoying, hopefully I can jump on tommorow or something though.

jjasper

yeah I just got your message it says

**** ******** a message

I got the same message 2 times from BigE before I finally got something I could read

Top Bottom