• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

Greg said:
Doesn't matter - I've seen lag a total of 2 times in my entire Resistance experience online...and I've had the thing since launch while playing it wireless.
Does this post in the thread mean you'll be able to play tonight? And looking like we might have a big turnout. I just know I won't be able to leave when I'm supposed to.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What time do you all meet up? Also, I haven't added any friends or whatever the PS3 equivelant is of gamer tags... Will that hinder me playing with you guys?

*Re-reads thread*

Greg

Aeon712 said:
Does this post in the thread mean you'll be able to play tonight? And looking like we might have a big turnout. I just know I won't be able to leave when I'm supposed to.
Sadly, no - my last final of the semester is tomorrow, so I have to dedicate the rest of the day to studying (and The Shield, of course)

However, from Wednesday afternoon until the end of summer...IT - IS - PS3 TIME! I'm going all out and I'll have a headset and everything! :lol

Aeon712

DaCocoBrova said:
What time do you all meet up? Also, I haven't added any friends or whatever the PS3 equivelant is of gamer tags... Will that hinder me playing with you guys?

*Re-reads thread*
The meetup starts at 9pm EST, though sometimes there are people on earlier then that like I will be tonight and maybe M3. Post ya PSN name(since you don't have it in ya profile) and I'll add you to my Resistance buddy list so that when you are on you can get an invite to the party.

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm playing tonight but probably for a couple of hours, then I'll have to go read up on some securities stuff.
Indifferent2.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Gonna play tonight... just like last night... and the night before that.

<3 Resistance.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
GG guys, it's a shame we had to lose the second round of breach like that, so close.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah, that Breach game rocked. The second round was extremely close. Me and the rest of the defense squad tried our best to hold the Chimera back, but we just couldn't hold out - crap!

I'm surprised we played Breach as well as we did, but we were obviously rusty. I can't remember the last time we had a Breach game - they're so rare now.

Aeon712

Cold-Steel said:
I will be on Saturday!

Anyone going to be on Motorstorm for NeoGAF's Wed night racing? :D
People still play Motorstorm? Anyways the games I played before bailing were fun besides the person giving me flashbacks of XBL with his constant yelling.

JB1981

Aeon712 said:
People still play Motorstorm? Anyways the games I played before bailing were fun besides the person giving me flashbacks of XBL with his constant yelling.
:lol i feel you, man

careksims

Aeon712 said:

We could've used you for that breach game :[

M3Freak

Banned
The Jer said:
I"LL BE PLAYING MOTORSTORM TONIGHT IF ANYONE ELSE IS

:)

Nah. I haven't played it online much, and although it's fun, I don't think I'll be getting it into it much until the next round of patches.

I'm up for some Resistance tonight, though...

Aeon712

jstevenson said:
Sooo close to 7,000... should be at my desk the rest of the night though, so maybe I'll get to see it hit :).
If we get 7,000 tonight will you tell us if the maps are before or after May 17?
M3Freak said:
Nah. I haven't played it online much, and although it's fun, I don't think I'll be getting it into it much until the next round of patches.

I'm up for some Resistance tonight, though...
I should be able to squeeze some games in gimme a time and I'll confirm it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:
If we get 7,000 tonight will you tell us if the maps are before or after May 17?

Well, we still don't have an exact date... the server infrastructure has to be fully in place and tested and that's the last big thing. Probably a bit more towards the end of the month.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:

Waiting for them to fix the buddylist, as soon as they do that I'll be playing every week, I've been busy with work though.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:

I should be able to squeeze some games in gimme a time and I'll confirm it.

8:30 p.m.?? How's that?

Aeon712

jstevenson said:
Well, we still don't have an exact date... the server infrastructure has to be fully in place and tested and that's the last big thing. Probably a bit more towards the end of the month.
:D Is this the first time we've got an almost answer on the maps or am I late? I was thinking of buying Pirates on the 22nd but if the new maps are towards the end of the month then I won't have any time to play it.
sutdawg said:
Never mind I'm not playing, if this fool is playing! :lol
:'(

The Jer

jstevenson said:

HAHA
Nice edit.
Decided not to toy with us. ;)

The Jer

BobTheFork said:
i have to put in some face time somewhere @ 7mst. im up for a race or dm after that . send me a message Jer

I need to be done racing sometime between 8 and 8:30 MST.
So, unless there are still others racing, you may want to Res it up.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
You better believe i'll be on tonight. :D.

Seriously, this game has legs. Robot legs.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Anyword on what Resistance sold worldwide? has to be 1M + by now right

Anyway haven't played in a while (work, study, Motorstorm, FF12 in the way) but I think I'll join you guys again soon. Need to get those stats up.

Just in case I haven't said it enough, Resistance is the best FPS game I have ever played.

well illsee what time im done. But send me a message the time time you race. I love MotorStorm, but i barely ever get to play it online.

calder

I'll be stuck at work for at least another couple of hours, so no Res for me tonight. :\ Sadly, this will be a huge blow for the opposing teams in Team DM as they won't have my... hefty number of deaths to pad their stats. ;)

I should start checking out the Motostorm thread again, I really liked that game despite the meh online component.

FightyF

Banned
What: GAF Foldathon Party! Our goal is to have 3000 Work Units completed from the evening of May 9th, until the evening of May 11th...if we all participate, we can do it!

Who: YOU! And your PS3 or PC.

Where: In the comfort of your own homes. :p

When:

Start: Wednesday, May 9th, 5PM Pacific time (Helpful Conversion Link)

End: Friday, May 9th, 5PM Pacific time

When we end, we can set up online Resistance and Motorstorm matches, and for the PC guys they can set up whatever matches they like...perhaps CounterStrike.

Maybe we can get enough GAFers to show up in Resistance where we can have a 20 GAF vs 20 GAF ultraGAF matches!

Why: To increase awareness regarding Folding @ Home's goals and to become a part of the process. To hopefully, one day find a cure for common diseases and to have helped in that endeavor.

The goal is to get at least 400 of our 530 users in our group to fold during this time. With this sort of concurrent folding, our score will skyrocket in a short period of time. We hope to have 3000 WUs done. To put it in perspective...for the entire month of April, we were just over 7000 WUs...so to do 3000 in 2 days is a massive jump!

Also, we'll end it with some online matches, so it will be a lot of fun.

-----------
Feel free to post the above in threads where it seems appropriate. Ie. Resistance thread.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
As of right now, we have 25366 WU completed. To achieve 3000 WU, we'll need 400 of our 530 members folding non-stop until Friday afternoon. This is a very optimistic estimate as it assumes that many (hopefully 25%) users will get 4 hr WUs as well. Again, we did 7000 WUs last month...ANY jump is a big jump, but let's aim for the sky!

Hope you don't mind me posting this here!

I really want to see a 20 GAF vs 20 GAF matchup...we have the numbers, that's for sure.

So get folding...every single person helps a whole lot. 6 people folding for 8 hours accomplishes as much as 1 person folding for 48 hours...so every single person makes a huge difference!

sutdawg

I'll be on tonight between 9:00pm and 10:00pm, then take a break for Lost, then the urge will get the best of me and I'll be back on at 11:00. Then I won't be able to play again until Sunday night :-(

7000!!!!!:D Do we get a prize?

Top Bottom