• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Beatbox said:
:lol That shit was funny. He couldn't kill me...however he caused fear sort of like those jumping Chimera that latch onto you. You try running backwards while shooting him but he always had a sniper rifle (which I imagine has a longer reach for the melees) and was sprinting towards you jumping left then right and getting closer and closer. He punched me in the head once but couldn't get the KO.

I dont think weapons have anything to do with reach/strenght of melee attacks but I might be wrong.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
TTP said:
I dont think weapons have anything to do with reach/strenght of melee attacks but I might be wrong.

I didn't think so either - just found it strange that he went for a Sniper rifle everytime to use for melees, thought there might be a reason. Who knows.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Big-E said:
Apparently the Fareye does more melee damage than any other gun.

Hmm... that would make sense actually since you are at a disavantage in close combat situations.

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
:lol That shit was funny. He couldn't kill me...however he caused fear sort of like those jumping Chimera that latch onto you. You try running backwards while shooting him but he always had a sniper rifle (which I imagine has a longer reach for the melees) and was sprinting towards you jumping left then right and getting closer and closer. He punched me in the head once but couldn't get the KO.
Dude I dunno how you didn't mute me that game, I was cracking up in your ear the whole game. I remember once when he was chasing me I was like omg he's coming while laughing and missing every shot. I simply jumped off the platform to escape him and kept running.

Aeon712

TTP said:
Hmm... that would make sense actually since you are at a disavantage in close combat situations.
PSN-Bloody_Marcel.....Have you ever played Resistance with us? If not hop on tonight and join the fun :).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Aeon712 said:
PSN-Bloody_Marcel.....Have you ever played Resistance with us? If not hop on tonight and join the fun :).

When the servers will go worldwide I'll be with you guys all the time :)

I live in Europe but I'm practicing :)
These are my stats at the moment.

DSC02938.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

calder

Wow I've never looked at those medals before. So that's what you guys are talking about. :lol

Wonder if I have any.. *boots up Res*
Wow, your stats are nuts. :-o

Spooks

I probably wont be able to get on tonight. Going to a show. But I will be on tomorrow night.

Own some GB's for me will ya XD

Kittonwy

Banned
runkittyrun.jpg

^^ REMEMBER TO RUN WHEN YOU GOT TEH FLAG!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! LAWLZ AEON'S MIC ISN'T WORKING, WHATCHU SAY AEON??? YOU WANT US TO BLOW UP THE BARRELS??? AYE AYE CAP'N!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Fridays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

sutdawg

OK, 1 more night of no Resistance, then I'll be back tomorrow night.
Aeon you should check out my two new Medals(top row, last medal on the right and 2nd row, 1st medal on the left)!

JB1981

TTP said:
When the servers will go worldwide I'll be with you guys all the time :)

I live in Europe but I'm practicing :)
These are my stats at the moment.

DSC02938.jpg

DSC02939.jpg
those are some crazy stats for the amount of time the game's been out over there in euroland.

SleazyC

Been ages since I last played. Kinda lost interest in the game and my school work kicking up didn't really help. I'll probably come back around to playing whenever the new maps come out.

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
OK, 1 more night of no Resistance, then I'll be back tomorrow night.
Aeon you should check out my two new Medals(top row, last medal on the right and 2nd row, 1st medal on the left)!
You got them already? Can't check yet since I'm still at work but I'm pnly at 4 games since I managed 95% while getting like 27 kills in a game last night being a shotgun whore.

Greg

Damnit - I'm trying out my new headset talking to kittonwy when my headset dies, controller dies, and then I get a network error freezing my PS3.

Now I can't get any of my controllers to work by wireless, my PS3 won't recognize my headset, and every time I go into the headset configuration menu, my PS3 locks up.

FightyF

Banned
Greg said:
Damnit - I'm trying out my new headset talking to kittonwy when my headset dies, controller dies, and then I get a network error freezing my PS3.

Now I can't get any of my controllers to work by wireless, my PS3 won't recognize my headset, and every time I go into the headset configuration menu, my PS3 locks up.

That sorta makes sense because I had similar issues. But now whenever I play Res I don't bother going wireless, and I've never had issues since. So I'm guessing that you are using wireless internet as well, right?

Maggot9

Banned
Greg said:

what in the hell...thats freaky..

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
those are some crazy stats for the amount of time the game's been out over there in euroland.

Well, there are plenty of people this side of the ocean that got past the 1000 rounds played mark, but then again very few people seem to bother going for those medals.

BTW, jstevenson, is there any possibility for these medals to turn into some Home trophies in the future?

Questions about NeoGAF games:

1 - Do u play ranked or unranked?
2 - When you play, do you actually concentrate on the game at hand or do you talk shit not really caring about the match? I say that cos I hate with passion when people talk about totally unrelated stuff during a match, expecially the Objective ones. There is nothing worse to me than trying to communicate some strategies and having someone else in the team do funny sounds or basically play for the sole purpose of chatting. Play is a serious thing. It's not like I want to win at any cost, but at least I like to put the proper effort in it. So what kind of behaviour should I expect from you gaffers in Resistance? :)

Greg

TTP said:
1 - Do u play ranked or unranked?
2 - When you play, do you actually concentrate on the game at hand or do you talk shit not really caring about the match? I say that cos I hate with passion when people talk about totally unrelated stuff during a match, expecially the Objective ones. There is nothing worse to me than trying to communicate some strategies and having someone else in the team do funny sounds or basically play for the sole purpose of chatting. Play is a serious thing. It's not like I want to win at any cost, but at least I like to put the proper effort in it. So what kind of behaviour should I expect from you gaffers in Resistance? :)
1) Ranked
2) Serious with a side of smack talk :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
llTll said:
TTP

how did you get this skill face and clothes?

i think i played around 400 games ranked or so

It's totally unrelated to the online multiplayer game.

You have to complete the single player game at Superhuman to get those clothes (Black-Ops skin, that is). For the Skull head, you have to get all the skill points too (much like in R&C games).

Sadly a saved file is available on the web that allows you to unlock both the BO skin and the skull head without even touching the single player game. No need to say I've ment plenty of shull-headed Black-Ops online that don't even know how the Bulleye tag works.

llTll

Banned
TTP said:
It's totally unrelated to the online multiplayer game.

You have to complete the single player game at Superhuman to get those clothes (Black-Ops skin, that is). For the Skull head, you have to get all the skill points too (much like in R&C games).

Sadly a saved file is available on the web that allows you to unlock both the BO skin and the skull head without even touching the single player game. No need to say I've ment plenty of shull-headed Black-Ops online that don't even know how the Bulleye tag works.

crap. i was barely able to finish the game on easy -_-

i dont think i can play it on super human.

also. my copy of Resistence is japanese. the only saved file i was about to find for the japanese game is on easy.

so there is no way i am getting those.

is there anyway i can get japanese saved file on superhuman ? [ i know how the Bulleye tag works lollll ]

i went to game faqs. but no luck

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
llTll said:
crap. i was barely able to finish the game on easy -_-

i dont think i can play it on super human.

also. my copy of Resistence is japanese. the only saved file i was about to find for the japanese game is on easy.

so there is no way i am getting those.

is there anyway i can get japanese saved file on superhuman ? [ i know how the Bulleye tag works lollll ]

i went to game faqs. but no luck

Dont you have a US PS3? There is no japanese copy of Resistance. Nationality is system-dependant.

Angelcurio

Awesome games last night, even though i had to play my first game without headset. Then following M3freak´s advice of turning the headset on and off i ended up with my ps3 frozen -_-

In the end i managed to get the ps3 and headset finally working, nice meltdown games last night guys.

Kittonwy

Banned
3176.jpg

^^ IT'S MOTHER'S DAY!!!111!!! GAMEBATTLE... FOR YOUR MOM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! LET'S PWNZ 'EM FOOZ AND MAKE YO MOM PROUD!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Fridays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

I just tried my first Res games today. Won the first one and came second the other.

PSNID: MikeProtagonist

For some reason, no stats were recorded, even though I was playing ranked games (I think). It kept track of my favourite weapons and a few medals I earned, but no numbers. Bug?

Aeon712

SiegfriedFM said:
I just tried my first Res games today. Won the first one and came second the other.

PSNID: MikeProtagonist

For some reason, no stats were recorded, even though I was playing ranked games (I think). It kept track of my favourite weapons and a few medals I earned, but no numbers. Bug?
Usually takes a couple games to update, if you link your account with Myresistance.net then the stats seem to update automatically on the site.

Aeon712

Norml said:
Sorry if old

Have you seen this its not bad:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GaC9_HBdc
:lol my sentiments exactly, Insomniac take notice at how unbalenced the Shotgun is. It's almost as if the last patch was reverted. All the glitches are still there, the shotgun still kills you from across the room. And the Laark still spawns way too fast me and Efertlis had a game last night where it seemed like their whole team had Laarks. Limit cap that thing.

Greg

Aeon712 said:
And the Laark still spawns way too fast me and Efertlis had a game last night where it seemed like their whole team had Laarks. Limit cap that thing.
Too bad they lost that game.

I signed on this morning and had yet another message filled with GAF hate in my box. :lol

Aeon712

Streaks -8

:'(, this is my worst losing streak ever and what sucks is that I'm not getting 85% in them, I'm wasting rounds going 0-3 with 0% accracy cause I think the shot hits. Plus side is that I've become good at finding places to hide.

M3Freak

Banned
I won't be playing Sunday nights until Desperate Housewives is done for the season (my wife takes over the t.v.). When the season is up, I'll be playing from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., but only if I have nothing else to do. Sooooo, it looks like I'm kissing Sunday clan nights goodbye, for the most part. :(

Plus side: I'll be playing earlier in the day on Sundays, so hopefully I run into the GAF clan here and there.

Oh, it's the same shit for Tuesdays. Ah well...

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:
I won't be playing Sunday nights until Desperate Housewives is done for the season (my wife takes over the t.v.). When the season is up, I'll be playing from 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., but only if I have nothing else to do. Sooooo, it looks like I'm kissing Sunday clan nights goodbye, for the most part. :(

I have the same issue with the wife on Sundays. Next week is Desperate Housewives season finale. Didn't think I would be so excited for it, considering that show is soap opera trash. :D

I'm taking a week or so off from the game though to work on my backlog and also to stay up on the Sony news on the boards.

Since grad school finals got done a week and a half ago, I've beat 3 games already that I had partly finished: Xenosaga 3, God of War 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Yeah Me!

<3 Aeon and is non-working headset on Friday.
It was hard to stay completely quiet - making him think his headset didn't work. I was cracking up. But then he stopped talking :'(

Kittonwy

Banned
I don't know what it was but for some reason we just couldn't nail down those two meltdown rounds in Nottingham.

It's always going to be a battle for attrition to hold two, keep pushing for Delta until we get it, keep it, make a push to the other side until the other side starts to crack, I don't know whatelse can be said that hasn't been said before. I know most of us know the strategy well but it's more of a matter of execution, I kept rushing Delta and trying desperately to keep it in play but it was just really tough to capture it and hold it without more people.
Indifferent2.gif

The CTF game was totally awesome though, that was really great team-work even though the first round was a tie, great recovery whenever the other team got our flag in the second round ftw.
gladtomeetya.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Great games tonight, particularly that hour long Capture the Flag match. Good thing we won it. :lol

Top Bottom