• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

gogogow

So I wanted to play a ranked match deathmatch/conversion.
The result was conversion, so yeah, game loading.........and when I got in the game I could only observe. At the result screen, every stat: kills, death etc was at zero.

This happened to me twice, now I gotta know what the hell happened and why it happened.
Can someone explain this to me?

Aeon712

So everyone knows that I'm going for my air fuel medal. So last night on the 8player Nottingham map I stuck an air fuel on somebody and was like YaY guarenteed kill then some Chimera who will remain nameless comes blasting like "I beez a Chimera rawr" and kills the guy with a bullseye :(.

womfalcs3

Banned
I love playing the 8 player Grimsby. I got outside to the LAARK and air-fuel grenade area....and just keep throwing grenades at the garage. I get like 3 AF kills per match.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
So everyone knows that I'm going for my air fuel medal. So last night on the 8player Nottingham map I stuck an air fuel on somebody and was like YaY guarenteed kill then some Chimera who will remain nameless comes blasting like "I beez a Chimera rawr" and kills the guy with a bullseye :(.

:lol I would do the same thing if I were there. I mean why let someone sneak away ?

Kittonwy

Banned
kittenbob.jpg

^^
GAMEBATTLE, I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND
TEH LITTLE CHILD INSIDE TEH MAN
PLEASE REMEMBER, MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!! GAMEBATTLE WILL SET YOU FREE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight at 6pm PST..

Reposted for great justice:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag: - Time Zone:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF NA Clan-leader, PM your details)

Clan roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

ResistanceGAF00.jpg

For all the Noobs

TO JOIN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party. ^_^

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 6pm PST

Fridays 6pm PST

Saturdays 6pm PST

Sundays 6pm PST

(Monday Jan 29th: Times adjusted slightly in favor of the ESTeemed)

[NEW] CLAN PAGE!!!

Recently updated with news, including the new ban policy, please visit and read.

http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. (If you can't figure it out, PM Remy.)

If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details, make sure you've logged on to Resistance online at least once before) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

Also, it has come to my attention that over 20 people have started to show up for these meetups and that means one party is not enough. If that is the case then one of you simply need to create a second party. If you're the party leader (of either) then posting your details in this thread would be helpful.

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Also people, it would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link. Good group play is helped by using your headset to report in changes that occur in the heat of battle. Enemy groups, Snipers, Node status and so forth.

A great addition
was made to http://www.myresistance.net on Monday Feb 5th in the form of leaderboards viewable straight from the site. It's time to get famous or die trying.

explainedCat3.gif

http://myresistance.net/ulead.php

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

tanod

when is my burrito
Hey guys. I'll definitely be on tonight after playing some CAC. My wife LOVES
the
CA
w
C.

I'll post some of the interesting stats from Excel that I've been keeping the last few weeks.

JS, Can you PM with a contact email, if you're interested in seeing our match stats?

The main thing I've been able to figure out is that we will not get Assault or Breach if we do not have 15 or more people in our party. It doesn't seem to matter if we're joining a game and there are non-party team mates there too, so we may have a team of 16-20 but still only get meltdown just because our party isn't big enough.

A couple quick stats off of the top of my head while I'm at work. Average players in game to the map's capacity is about 80%. Somerset, we play a lot. It's not that it seems like we get it. We actually do play about 40% of the time in Team Objective.

15 players in the party is the magic number. It's pretty much guaranteed that we have 6-7 people on every night, cause you got the Philly crew (sut,efertlis,aeon), the Canadian mounty (m3, sometime Kittonwy), and the lone ranger from IA (me), as well as other regulars.

We need to consider just cutting Sunday. The key is to get all the non-regulars to show up on the same nights so we get to that 15 magic number. It will probably help since people should all be done with finals soon.

Also...Game Bizzle!
&
Map - Somerset (32p &40p) is always one size too big for the number of players in TDM. In other words, 40 players should play on the 32 map. 32 players should play on the 16/24 map. Needs to be rescaled. -_-

sutdawg

tanod said:
Somerset, we play a lot. It's not that it seems like we get it. We actually do play about 40% of the time in Team Objective.[/b]

What is this Somerset that you speak of? I have never heard of such a place!

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:

:lol :lol :lol Keep trying kid! Oh by the way I don't think there is an air fuel "medal". But keep trying to get it anyway. Let me know when you do! :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
sutdawg said:
What is this Somerset that you speak of? I have never heard of such a place!

Oh God. He's in denial. We have a problem. WE NEED TO STAGE AN INTERVENTION, stat! Anybody have the exorcism medal?

BTW, you have to get 100 kills with all weapons and grenades to get the up your arsenal medal so technically there IS a 100-kill air fuel medal if that happens to be the last weapon you are trying to get a 100 kills with.

Aeon712

What Tanod speaks is the truth, 7 more air fuels is all I need for it. I also need 7 and 13 more games of 85% accracy for those medals. I just got 0% cause the shot I took missed when I thought it hit:lol(laughing on the ouside, but crying within)

sutdawg

tanod said:
BTW, you have to get 100 kills with all weapons and grenades to get the up your arsenal medal so technically there IS a 100-kill air fuel medal if that happens to be the last weapon you are trying to get a 100 kills with.

Oh I see!!! Air fuel kills are so easy to get(unless you suck "looks over at Aeon") I didn't even think about that!

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:

Yep, that is true. I need:

Hedgehog: 1
Arc Charger: 57

Arc Charger kills are getting easier now that I know how to use the damn thing. I think I'll have the Arc Charger medal in a week or so.

Aeon712

I think I would have the Up Your Arsenal medal if it wasn't for people not dying from the explsion but the fire afterwards. The after effect shows the skull icon when they die instead of the air fuel icon :(.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tanod said:
Hey guys. I'll definitely be on tonight after playing some CAC. My wife LOVES
the
CA
w
C.

I'll post some of the interesting stats from Excel that I've been keeping the last few weeks.

JS, Can you PM with a contact email, if you're interested in seeing our match stats?

The main thing I've been able to figure out is that we will not get Assault or Breach if we do not have 15 or more people in our party. It doesn't seem to matter if we're joining a game and there are non-party team mates there too, so we may have a team of 16-20 but still only get meltdown just because our party isn't big enough.

A couple quick stats off of the top of my head while I'm at work. Average players in game to the map's capacity is about 80%. Somerset, we play a lot. It's not that it seems like we get it. We actually do play about 40% of the time in Team Objective.

15 players in the party is the magic number. It's pretty much guaranteed that we have 6-7 people on every night, cause you got the Philly crew (sut,efertlis,aeon), the Canadian mounty (m3, sometime Kittonwy), and the lone ranger from IA (me), as well as other regulars.

We need to consider just cutting Sunday. The key is to get all the non-regulars to show up on the same nights so we get to that 15 magic number. It will probably help since people should all be done with finals soon.

Also...Game Bizzle!
&
Map - Somerset (32p &40p) is always one size too big for the number of players in TDM. In other words, 40 players should play on the 32 map. 32 players should play on the 16/24 map. Needs to be rescaled. -_-

Yeah... you can PM me. Would be happy to pass it along.

Longtime reader of NeoGAF who just got posting privileges -- I PM'd Kitton and hopefully will be joining you soon. Can't wait for those new Resistance maps!

Raist

Banned
Ok so I've just beat the game in difficult mode. The ending is like frustrating. I NEED ANSWERS . RFoM2plzkthx :p

Was a bit tough, I don't wanna imagine what the hardcore difficulty mode looks like :lol

I've missed a lot of competence points. I think the points' titles are way to vague... you usually get them by chance. And missed a couple of intels too :/ Been trying to pay much attention to exploring the levels, but I still lack a big bunch of them ><

sutdawg

Raist said:
Ok so I've just beat the game in difficult mode. The ending is like frustrating. I NEED ANSWERS . RFoM2plzkthx :p

Was a bit tough, I don't wanna imagine what the hardcore difficulty mode looks like :lol

I've missed a lot of competence points. I think the points' titles are way to vague... you usually get them by chance. And missed a couple of intels too :/ Been trying to pay much attention to exploring the levels, but I still lack a big bunch of them ><

Go to Myresistance.net There is a thread for the campaign mode, there is a post for all the hidden intel and an explanation for all the points(some even have youtube videos showing you how to get them).

Aeon712

Breach and Assault should be open to smaller parties(16p/24p) on scaled down maps. I'm bitter because Assault is the most awesome online mode I've ever played and I've only played it less then 10 times.

Spooks

Aeon712 said:
Breach and Assault should be open to smaller parties(16p/24p) on scaled down maps. I'm bitter because Assault is the most awesome online mode I've ever played and I've only played it less then 10 times.
listen to this man Insomniac .... plz

FightyF

Banned
Are you guys down for tonight? I was hoping for a large turnout due to everyone folding...but CaC sorta came out yesterday. :p

I don't know if a 20 GAF vs 20 GAF is possible tonight...but hopefully we'll have 18-20 tonight.

I'll be on in 3 hours or so...depends on how the Wings/Ducks game goes.

Maggot9

Banned
Coin Return said:
HALO 3 BETA WHOOO! AMAZIN--

Oh hey, yeah...Resistance...great game there...

I was watching the H3 gamespot marathon for a bit, and just sat there, with this monotone look on my face the whole time. never once did i raise my eyebrows at something in that game.

and yeah, im down for some resistance tonight, after i possibly buy calling all cars...

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:

He was just about to shake them flames off so I finished him off for you :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Beatbox said:
He was just about to shake them flames off so I finished him off for you :D

Hurhurhur.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm going to try to play tonight but I've been busy with work-related studying and for some reason I've been pretty distracted by other things.
Indifferent2.gif

...Flashnet/Prodigy/Yahoo/SWB/AT&T (I can't even keep track of who owns my ISP now) sez they'll have me hooked up to teh interwebz by Monday afternoon.

Soon...so soon, HijoDelLocoRoco will be dying for your collective amusement once again! Heck, I might have the SWEET new HDTV by then, too.

tanod

when is my burrito
In the interest of not getting banned again, I'm making better use of my ignore function. Dumb people just happen to be my BIGGEST pet peeve and I tend to lose my temper. At least they make it really easy for you to pick them out here. :D I know you all want to ask, "why come to GAF?" Well, I just love games THAT much!

I'll be on tonight. Can't guarantee when or how long since I want to get my 1UP Show/Yours fix. See you on the flip side.

FightyF

Banned
Aeon712 said:

I think it's something that should be addressed before Warhawk and UT 2007 hit. Because IMO UT 2007 will be better when it comes to plain jane deathmatch, and Warhawk is going to have real exciting teamplay modes.

Assault (and Breach) are some of the better teamplay modes I've seen in an FPS game...and so I agree, they should be played far more often.

But I can see some sound reasoning for those modes being unavailable for small parties...because these modes require a lot of co-ordination, and it sometimes gets frustrating playing these modes with others who you can't coordinate with.

On the other hand...the more small parties and "loners" (ie. those who just join without a party) get to play these modes, the more comfortable they are working in a team environment and know what to do.

Maggot9 said:
I was watching the H3 gamespot marathon for a bit, and just sat there, with this monotone look on my face the whole time. never once did i raise my eyebrows at something in that game.

Sell all your consoles and don't bother with gaming.

sutdawg

Aeon's quest for 10/20 games of 85% accuracy or better has driven me to do the same(the last thing I want is to hear him brag about having a medal I don't have). I was just in a game with efertlis(32 player manchester map), it was the first game I've actually tried getting 85% or better. I went 65-25 with a 96% accuracy... not too shabby!

Aeon the race is on :lol -well I won't really be playing again until Sunday but then it will be on!

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Aeon's quest for 10/20 games of 85% accuracy or better has driven me to do the same(the last thing I want is to hear him brag about having a medal I don't have). I was just in a game with efertlis(32 player manchester map), it was the first game I've actually tried getting 85% or better. I went 65-25 with a 96% accuracy... not too shabby!
Aeon the race is on :lol -well I won't really be playing again until Sunday but then it will be on!
WTF, how is that possible? I simply go 0-2 on my 100% games.

Wait I did manage to get 1 kill one game with the bullseye since I didn't know if my first shot hit. That game I went 95%.

tanod

when is my burrito
sutdawg said:

BUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA

I have both of you beat already on these medals. Noobsauce. :p
To get 'em, it took me a Saturday afternoon, alternating between starting a game and getting a couple shots in and putting together a grill with my wife :)

fools i have more medal then all of you whahahaha... except click, and he is still in Banland. I just need 12 more stealth kills and that will be all the medal i can get for a long time. I'll probly be on, i really want to get some calling all cars in as well.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
WTF, how is that possible? I simply go 0-2 on my 100% games.

Wait I did manage to get 1 kill one game with the bullseye since I didn't know if my first shot hit. That game I went 95%.

I simply pushed the "everyone die around sutdawg" button =R1! :lol

sutdawg

BobTheFork said:
fools i have more medal then all of you whahahaha... except click, and he is still in Banland. I just need 12 more stealth kills and that will be all the medal i can get for a long time. I'll probly be on, i really want to get some calling all cars in as well.

Bob, you win by default! You have a cool ferret who's Hobbies include getting stuck in the walls and sneaking next door and scarring old ladies! I could never get that medal.

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
Bob, you win by default! You have a cool ferret who's Hobbies include getting stuck in the walls and sneaking next door and scarring old ladies! I could never get that medal.
:lol Best Papa Squad day ever.

Beatbox

I was playing on Lexington with Aeon and a few others tonight. Thought I did okay - Aeon said "Damn eFertLIS, nice...what was your killing spree". I checked my stats and was 21-1. I didn't remember when I died that round - ends up I had a running 19 kill spree and my only death was in the beginning from a damn warping lagger. ALL I NEEDED WAS 1 MORE EFFING KILL AND I HAD NO IDEA...ARGH.

Aeon712

You guys missed the funniest game ever, me and Efertlis were playing the Hanger 4v4 I think it was and this one guy said he was just gonna malee and he was trying the whole game to simply malee us. I couldn't stop laughing cause he was like a hungry animal waiting for you to come near and then pounching out of nowhere to kill you. Whenever I saw him attacking someone or chasing me I was laughing so much that my aim was horrible. He killed me twice that game(I'm laughing just thinking about it).

Too many pages to go through, but has there been any amusing GIFs posted in this thread, kinda like what you can find in recent Halo threads?

patsu

Aeon712 said:
You guys missed the funniest game ever, me and Efertlis were playing the Hanger 4v4 I think it was and this one guy said he was just gonna malee and he was trying the whole game to simply malee us. I couldn't stop laughing cause he was like a hungry animal waiting for you to come near and then pounching out of nowhere to kill you. Whenever I saw him attacking someone or chasing me I was laughing so much that my aim was horrible. He killed me twice that game(I'm laughing just thinking about it).

Ha ha ! That's so awesome ^o^

Beatbox

Aeon712 said:

:lol That shit was funny. He couldn't kill me...however he caused fear sort of like those jumping Chimera that latch onto you. You try running backwards while shooting him but he always had a sniper rifle (which I imagine has a longer reach for the melees) and was sprinting towards you jumping left then right and getting closer and closer. He punched me in the head once but couldn't get the KO.

Top Bottom