• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

tanod said:
<3 Aeon and is non-working headset on Friday.
It was hard to stay completely quiet - making him think his headset didn't work. I was cracking up. But then he stopped talking :'(
:lol only a noob would fall for something like that :(.

Anyone getting (network connection failed ) when trying to connect to play online? I can browse the playstation store but I can't play resistance online this morning :(.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
:lol only a noob would fall for something like that :(.

LAWLZ.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
PLEASE READ

Kittonwy, besides doing those things you do at the top of the post (I love those), can I suggest a new format for the rest of the post.

Also, cut Sundays. We're getting too spread out and not enough people are getting on at one time. Sunday is gonna get killed by football in the Fall anyway.

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Remy, can you move this wedge explanation to the blog

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

tanod

when is my burrito
^^^^^^

This will hopefully alleviate some of the questions that get asked by a lot of people, particularly pertaining to headsets and the may update.

ChryZ

Wouldn't it be better to wait with the changes until the international server patch and the new maps are there?

Oh and 6PST is around 3-4AM in Europe so for international GAF clan mayhem, we should consider to change the time frame of at least one of the days.

tanod

when is my burrito
ChryZ said:
Wouldn't it be better to wait with the changes until the international server patch and the new maps are there?

Oh and 6PST is around 3-4AM in Europe so for international GAF clan mayhem, we should consider to change the time frame of at least one of the days.

I only asked for one time change and that was cutting Sunday.

For playing with others around the world, we're just gonna have to play on Saturday and Sunday afternoons if we want to get everyone together. It would just be better though if we know when Europe and Australasia are playing so we can join in individually at our owndiscretion.

FYI: EST = GMT - 4 so it would be 1AM in England at normal meetup times.

\/\/\/ To Greg: Once you get your rank up, you work on your medals. It's just the next thing to do in the game online. It's not meant to be condescending.

Greg

I'm definitely down to play tonight after The Shield.

It's sad...I've had the thing since launch, yet I'm still a piece of shit rank since I never have time to play. You have all the other GAF people talking in the lobby about having a ridiculous rank, comparing headshot totals, leaderboard statistics, etc.

BULLSHIT I SAY!

Kittonwy

Banned

^^ STRAP ON YOUR HELMET!!! IT'S GAMEBATTLE TIME!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!! ONLY N00BS WOULD FALL PREY TO TEH EXPLODING BARRELS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So what is the criteria to join the GAF clan for Resistance?

I'm thinking about grabbing this game today because I looked that the incoming PS3 game slump and decided I need something with some legs.

I have tons of experience with clans and FPS, just not an assload of experience of time with Resistance in particular.

Have a headset, not a n00b...yadda yadda.

tanod

when is my burrito
RubxQub said:
So what is the criteria to join the GAF clan for Resistance?

I'm thinking about grabbing this game today because I looked that the incoming PS3 game slump and decided I need something with some legs.

I have tons of experience with clans and FPS, just not an assload of experience of time with Resistance in particular.

Have a headset, not a n00b...yadda yadda.

All you need to know is in the post above yours. Just read/show up. We don't take ourselves THAT seriously but we like to win if we can.

Aeon712

JFK if you can read this then you should prob be in the clan by now. Kaching sent me a message saying that he would add you.....I'm still stuck at work cry with me Gaf

sutdawg

JStevenson, with the new maps coming out and the international servers coming, is there possibly another fix for some of the new glitches? Me and Efertlis have twice in the last week played games on the 32 player map at Manchester, where guys were inside a wall(they can shoot you from inside the wall but you can't shoot them unless you have an auger). The first time it was a whole clan(6-7 guys in the wall). Last night it was two guys that were either in the wall or outside the map in a building only open for the 16 player map.

womfalcs3

Banned
Man, I just finished playing a custom deathmatch in a 40 player Somerset....with friendly fire enabled.

My team kept killing each other, including me. That was crap...I thought there was enemy in the vicinity.

JB1981

womfalcs3 said:
Man, I just finished playing a custom deathmatch in a 40 player Somerset....with friendly fire enabled.

My team kept killing each other, including me. That was crap...I thought there was enemy in the vicinity.
non-ranked custom games are awful.

for some reason people who create these games insist on enabling the absolute worst gameplay features possible.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
sutdawg said:
JStevenson, with the new maps coming out and the international servers coming, is there possibly another fix for some of the new glitches? Me and Efertlis have twice in the last week played games on the 32 player map at Manchester, where guys were inside a wall(they can shoot you from inside the wall but you can't shoot them unless you have an auger). The first time it was a whole clan(6-7 guys in the wall). Last night it was two guys that were either in the wall or outside the map in a building only open for the 16 player map.

Yup, not sure about those specifically, but our MP team is working on that. And we have some other new anti-cheating measures you'll be excited to hear about.

Strap on your boots kids. Anyone new joinging us tonight will be subject to trial by fire. Im felling it today, so i think we are going to win ALL our matches : ). Im going out for now, i'll be on sometime around 7-730 MST, maybe sooner; i want to get a few FFA matches in to warm up

BobTheFork said:
Strap on your boots kids. Anyone new joinging us tonight will be subject to trial by fire. Im felling it today, so i think we are going to win ALL our matches : ). Im going out for now, i'll be on sometime around 7-730 MST, maybe sooner; i want to get a few FFA matches in to warm up

Not so fast Mr. The Fork...

HijoDelLocoRoco is BACK, baby. TONIGHT. On a standard-def TV even. Which means you'll really need to pull some extra kills just to make up for all my deaths in TDM. (But you'll love me in Obj. games...promise.)

Don't hate teh playa. Hate teh gameZ0rz.

War Manateez BEWARE! I'm serving Tacos ALL NIGHT LONG! (Or at least 'till my bed time)

taco_man.jpg

careksims

Yeah baby! I'll be on tonight. Sunday was crap since I kept DCing. I think it was my dumb internet X_x. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Mifune

Mehmber
JB1981 said:
tonight is a clan night. you should get in on the action.

fun times.

I appreciate the invite, but I think I'll put in some time in single player and learn the ropes that way.

Maybe next week I'll be ready.

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:

Well said, the only thing I would like to add is... GET TEH ****ING NODES!!!111!!!
angry.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Pristine_Condition said:
HijoDelLocoRoco is BACK, baby. TONIGHT. On a standard-def TV even. Which means you'll really need to pull some extra kills just to make up for all my deaths in TDM. (But you'll love me in Obj. games...promise.)

Hey Kittonwy, Looks like you got some competition for official team decoy. Man up. Fight it out. Do your thang.

There can be only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mifune said:
I appreciate the invite, but I think I'll put in some time in single player and learn the ropes that way.

Maybe next week I'll be ready.

Nah. Best way to get yer feet wet is to just jump right in.

GAF clan doesn't care if you suck, otherwise they'd have banned me from all TDMs other than Rooftops MONTHS AGO!

Have fun, be cool to everyone, and everybody will be happy. Simple.

tanod said:
Hey Kittonwy, Looks like you got some competition for official team decoy. Man up. Fight it out. Do your thang.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

There is no competition. Me + SDTV + haven't played in 10 days = New Decoy Champ!

RubxQub

Where can I find you guys? Looking to pop in!

Aeon712

Sorry I had to bail early, under my leadership I made Bob's prediction about winning all of our games. I just know Sutdawg is yelling for Papa support. Ah well see you all this weekend, work is really cutting into my Resistance time :(.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:

It has never been even remotely a contest, even when I made it to second (or even first... rarely) in kills I would still lead in deaths, I'm just THAT good at blocking shots.
Indifferent2.gif

RubxQub

Great time playing with you guys.

Look forward to jumping in again. I actually scored really well in Breach mode...so I'm not all useless :lol

FightyF

Banned
How was the turnout tonight? I couldn't make it...but I'm itching to go for Friday night.

I may be out of the loop, but it seems like we can't implement our objective strats as well as we did when we had 20 players, compared to the usual 10 or so players (well, maybe I'm joining in too late).

BTW, anyone have any maps of the MP maps? I suppose I can take pictures if there aren't any on the web...I haven't found any with google images last time I checked, but I suppose they could have been posted on the Resistance forums.

RubxQub

Is there a place where I can go to read strategies for online play at all?

I did fairly well at the territories mode, but my general knowledge of the maps and gameplay are nowhere near up to snuff yet (just got the game yesterday).

Let me know!

Aeon712

RubxQub said:
Is there a place where I can go to read strategies for online play at all?

I did fairly well at the territories mode, but my general knowledge of the maps and gameplay are nowhere near up to snuff yet (just got the game yesterday).

Let me know!
Remy made the clan a site that has strats on it, it's in the Call to arms post that Kittonwy makes.

RubxQub

Aeon712 said:
Remy made the clan a site that has strats on it, it's in the Call to arms post that Kittonwy makes.
Don't know the password to get in! Forgot to ask last night before I left :(

Remy

RubxQub said:
Don't know the password to get in! Forgot to ask last night before I left :(

I'm afraid the word is not used so much any more in the context of the clan. It's definitely in the magnificent post Kittonwy puts in every page, but I don't know if it's "obvious".

burnfout

So I've read the last three pages, but didnt see it mentioned.

My stats aren't being updated anymore for the last 2 days, none of my friends stats too :(

Are the updating servers down in Euroland or something?

Aeon712

Stupid storm in Philly knocked out my Direct Tv so I may be missing Lost tonight :(. Will anyone be playing tonight before Lost starts(10pm est)?

Top Bottom