• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
You guys have got to make up your minds about Sunday, some people want Sunday dropped, some people want to keep Sunday, personally I don't mind either way but I only really play on official nights.
Indifferent2.gif

sutdawg

Kittonwy said:
You guys have got to make up your minds about Sunday, some people want Sunday dropped, some people want to keep Sunday, personally I don't mind either way but I only really play on official nights.
Indifferent2.gif

I say keep Sunday and also add Monday, Wednesday and Thursday :)

JB1981

Treo360 said:
ugh. played unranked last night, no one spoke, and it was one hit kills. First time playing it. Was impressed as it was pretty smooth.
unranked is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.

don't even waste your time. playing ranked with gaffers is definitely fun times, though.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

There's no need to remove Sunday. I know it's some of our regulars who want it dropped, but we always have a good turnout and since there's four nights you don't have to make it to all of them.

Treo360

JB1981 said:
unranked is AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.

don't even waste your time. playing ranked with gaffers is definitely fun times, though.

Yeah I was bored out of my freaking mind. I played for the entire 2500 points, and kept asking myself why??:lol

ChryZ

The weirdest unranked game, that I ever had to witnessed was with a bunch of people from the [AZN] clan. No idea why, but I got an invite, so I've accepted and joined. They played CTF without any weapons ... melee only. The whole scene was very bizarre, yet playful. The ambience of Asian families burbling in the squad chat added to the "experience".

I quietly quite, after I was told that I'm not welcome :lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ChryZ said:
The weirdest unranked game, that I ever had to witnessed was with a bunch of people from the [AZN] clan. No idea why, but I got an invite, so I've accepted and joined. They played CTF without any weapons ... melee only. The whole scene was very bizarre, yet playful. The ambience of Asian families burbling in the squad chat added to the "experience".

:lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Beatbox said:
There's no need to remove Sunday. I know it's some of our regulars who want it dropped, but we always have a good turnout and since there's four nights you don't have to make it to all of them.

Well now that the breach/assault thing is getting fixed, I think we should probably keep it. The only reason I wanted to drop it is because we weren't getting enough people to get assault and breach.

Kittonwy,
In the call to action post, I would suggest you bold the correct day under meetup times. That's what I did with it when I wrote it up the revised version.

Aeon712

I just played a couple tdm's without any Gaf support and it just doesn't feel right. I was trying to get my 85% medal one round and finished 12-10 all malee with like 5 stealth kills :). But our team lost so horribly I was top score so second round I decided to play and my stats went up to 23-11 and we won :D. I'm not saying I was the deciding factor
who am I kidding I'm too cocky to not think so

ChryZ said:

:lol :lol :lol

Angelcurio

Aeon712 said:
Everything is fun none Somerset:)

Bu Bu But it's 2 fully scaled maps so we'll have 8,16,24,32, and 40 player versions of the maps so it's like we're getting 10maps. Those Playstation cards need to hurry up some Gaffers can't buy things from the store like I remember Angel saying he couldn't...I think it was him.

Wait are there 24player maps?
Yeah, and that sucks. I need to find a way to make a work around.

Is anyone interested in putting money on my PSN account using his ps3? i could send you the money via paypal before hand :/

next post, angel crying about how some gaffer stole his money :/

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
Well now that the breach/assault thing is getting fixed, I think we should probably keep it. The only reason I wanted to drop it is because we weren't getting enough people to get assault and breach.

Kittonwy,
In the call to action post, I would suggest you bold the correct day under meetup times. That's what I did with it when I wrote it up the revised version.

What? Bolding stuff is a lot of work for me!!! First I have to highlight it and then I have to move my arrow to the bold icon, and then I have to actually click on the icon... I'm not getting paid enough for this!!!
angry.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
I thought it had always been there.
Indifferent2.gif

Must have been a glitch in the Matrix (my PS3) then cos I've never seen it in Ranked Matches. And I'm not the only one actually. Everyone in my party would complain about it. Maybe it was there on the US servers matches and not yet implemented on the European side?

Jstevenson? Anyone?

sutdawg

Great turnout last night fellas! I loved beating those glitchers(both rounds:lol they sucked!) during that Nottingham Breech game.

Edit: It was not so fun at first, when we realized they were under the floor. It was fun when we beat the crap out of them that second round.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
sutdawg said:
Great turnout last night fellas! I loved beating those glitchers(both rounds:lol they sucked!) during that Nottingham Breech game.

Edit: It was not so fun at first, when we realized they were under the floor. It was fun when we beat the crap out of them that second round.

Yeah that game was one of the best games ive played on Resistance ever!

The way we all changed our strategy to stop those damn glitchers by taking them out with the augers under our base and win the first round by a freaking HAIR. Then in the second round we knew their strategy and took them out within 3 minutes. :lol

- Someone: "Everybody quit out!"

- Everyone else: "NO!"

I3rand0

TONX said:

The way we all changed our strategy to stop those damn glitchers by taking them out with the augers under our base and win the first round by a freaking HAIR. Then in the second round we knew their strategy and took them out within 3 minutes. :lol
Yeah that shit last night was pretty epic. Looking forward to tonight.

ChryZ

Are you troubled by strange noises in the walls? Do you experience feelings of dread
in your base? Have you or your clan actually seen a glitcher or cheater? If the answer
is yes, then don't wait another minute. Just pick up the phone and call the professionals:

Glitcher Annihilation Force

yeah yeah, I wasn't much help with sorting out those fu*kers ... I'm here for the marketing ;-P

Kittonwy

Banned
Kitten_032.jpg

^^ HIT THAT WEAKSPOT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!! DO YOU HAVE GAMEBATTLE FEVER???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
Must have been a glitch in the Matrix (my PS3) then cos I've never seen it in Ranked Matches. And I'm not the only one actually. Everyone in my party would complain about it. Maybe it was there on the US servers matches and not yet implemented on the European side?

Jstevenson? Anyone?

Never seen the minimap in ranked either. And that sucks :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
TONX said:

- Someone: "Everybody quit out!"

- Everyone else: "NO!"

That was awesome.
Indifferent2.gif

SpokkX

After playing the Halo 3 beta I got the urge to really try some Resistance Multiplayer

The game controls great and is amazingly lag-free regardless of how many players it seems. The weapons feel really nice and the animations are great.

However..

Why in the hell does the characters run so fast? You run at about 2-3 times the speed that feels comfortable with a joypad. Hell the runningspeed makes Quake 1 seem slow. This totally ruins a perfectly good shooter imo. Everyone just strafes left-right and pumps each other full of lead. Besides looking ridiculous this is just not good gameplay I think. If the runningspeed was cut to 1/2 the game would actually be MUCH better. Am I the only one that reacts to this?

Kittonwy

Banned
SpokkX said:
After playing the Halo 3 beta I got the urge to really try some Resistance Multiplayer

The game controls great and is amazingly lag-free regardless of how many players it seems. The weapons feel really nice and the animations are great.

However..

Why in the hell does the characters run so fast? You run at about 2-3 times the speed that feels comfortable with a joypad. Hell the runningspeed makes Quake 1 seem slow. This totally ruins a perfectly good shooter imo. Everyone just strafes left-right and pumps each other full of lead. Besides looking ridiculous this is just not good gameplay I think. If the runningspeed was cut to 1/2 the game would actually be MUCH better. Am I the only one that reacts to this?

Running is supposed to be fast, otherwise it would be called walking.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

SpokkX said:

However..

Weird I feel like the characters run too slow unless I'm sprinting or raging.

BTW aeon, what do you thing of the money transfering things :(
I don't even use paypal, have you tried just charging things straight to your cc without adding to the wallet?

SpokkX said:

However..

My suggestion:

68azq0n.jpg
4zxxwzr.jpg

:)

(You get used to it.)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Never seen the minimap in ranked either. And that sucks :lol

Well, there is one now, that's the point!

About Resistance speed: I think it's ok. Actually I'm so used to it Halo 3 seems so slow. :lol

Kittonwy said:
I thought that was a paperbag. Didn't make the connection there sorry.
Indifferent2.gif

Oh you folks from Kanadia, with all your fancy words for stuff. I'll bet y'all like to spell out stuff like "colour" and actually know what "poutine" is...

:D

mintylurb

Pristine_Condition said:
Oh you folks from Kanadia, with all your fancy words for stuff. I'll bet y'all like to spell out stuff like "colour" and actually know what "poutine" is...

:D

Oh, kittonwy is from Kanadia? That explains so much. ;d

Greg

Doubt I'll be on - I'm going out to eat, and then a bunch of people are coming over to watch the Pavlik fight.

We'll see though, maybe at one or so.

Ill definatly be on alot tonight. Im currently letting a program reconvert my dvd dopy of Bubba Ho-tep into 720p, we'll see.

SO regarding new maps: lat night i asked a very good question: will the new maps be added to ranked gameplay or only unranked? Now its too bad JStevens is out, because this really concerns me. It seems like if you can't garuntee everyone has it, you can't add it to ranked.... but if you require it, it may cut out some of the people who play ranked, and honestly if the new maps are NOT in ranked, i see it as a failure... I dont play unranked games hardly ever any more. I will buy this regardless of price and status of ranked (i really wnt new maps) but I wish we could hear about it, because it sounds a bit lose/lose
Oh and i can't belive im saying this, but AEON was right, we ARE ewoks LOL
Meaning from now on, i think for DM in sommerset, we MUST control the Sniper points it made ALL the difference.

Kittonwy

Banned
sutdawg said:
Kittonwy getting ready for Saturday Clan night! :lol

4tf30gw.jpg

I'm going to go out, grab some grub from Wendy's drive-thru and finish off what's left of the 28 pack (I think I have two left), see ya around 9 (that would mean 9:30 or 10:00).
Indifferent2.gif

Treo360 said:
ugh. played unranked last night, no one spoke, and it was one hit kills. First time playing it. Was impressed as it was pretty smooth.
wow are you kidding? seriously come play with the clan. It can be tough to get someone added sometimes but noone cares at all if you come play. We kick ass, and sometimes i say something funny...or my ferret breaks into my fireplace during a match and all hell breaks loose, either way Kitton will be buzed Send one of us a message, in game or out, we'll hook you up with an invite

tanod

when is my burrito
Where the hell are you guys?! Did somebody die? Oh, is it fappage about Starcraft or the Gamers day stuff. That can wait. Resistance night can't. Sack up boys.

Top Bottom