• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Duke Togo

Aeon712 said:
Point of this post?
6fg69no.jpg

Treo360

Aeon712 said:
Point of this post?

Whatever his problem is, who cares. Log on to your ps3 an add me please I'm tired of switching TV source views trying to find someone! :lol At the least I can wait and rot in the clan lobby, right?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Treo360 said:
Whatever his problem is, who cares. Log on to your ps3 an add me please I'm tired of switching TV source views trying to find someone! :lol At the least I can wait and rot in the clan lobby, right?

Same here please. My PSN id is Killthee, thanks.

Aeon712

Treo360 said:
I won't be home till after midnight, send a message in game to efertlisdotcom, most of the time he is the party leader.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
JB1981 said:
Wow I play on 7. I think you have to to compete online.
mine is on 8 or 9.
The reticle is so damn slow when its anything lower than 5. After changing it way up though, i find i can be getting shot in the back, turn and kill them. Not all the time obviously, theres good players that just plain take you out.

Big-E

JB1981 said:
Wow I play on 7. I think you have to to compete online.

I have it on the lowest possible setting and do fine in online. Lower sensitivity allows for better aiming from a far. The only real situation where low sensitivity can nip you in the ass is if you are looking all the way down or all the way up since it takes forever to recenter the reticle.

DD-11

Big-E said:
I have it on the lowest possible setting and do fine in online. Lower sensitivity allows for better aiming from a far. The only real situation where low sensitivity can nip you in the ass is if you are looking all the way down or all the way up since it takes forever to recenter the reticle.

Not true. Your opponents can move the same distance you can, but faster. This is from any distance, in any circumstance. Once one gets used to the sensitivity, it ceases to be an issue.

There's also the issues of checking your surroundings faster and more effectively. How many times could you have avoided death if you were a fraction of a second faster?

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Big-E said:

I never would've guessed yours was set that low. As a fellow sniper I have mine set at 9 :)

JB1981

DD-11 said:
Not true. Your opponents can move the same distance you can, but faster. This is from any distance, in any circumstance. Once one gets used to the sensitivity, it ceases to be an issue.

There's also the issues of checking your surroundings faster and more effectively. How many times could you have avoided death if you were a fraction of a second faster?
I agree with most of that but BigE has amazing stats. If I were him, I'd stick to his current sensitivity.

M3Freak

Banned
Had a wedding reception to go to last night and I didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. I finally got on around 12:30 a.m., and then my wife said "let's watch Stargate Atlantis". Great.

Oh well...hopeflly tonight I can play for a few hours (after the wife finished up with Desparate Housewives) - Monday is a holiday up here in Canada. Yeah!

ChryZ

M3Freak said:
Had a wedding reception to go to last night and I didn't get home until 11:30 p.m. I finally got on around 12:30 a.m., and then my wife said "let's watch Stargate Atlantis". Great.

Oh well...hopeflly tonight I can play for a few hours (after the wife finished up with Desparate Housewives) - Monday is a holiday up here in Canada. Yeah!
You missed some crazy shit. We were wearing meat jackets and did some manly wrestling (using guns is for n00bs) ... oh and Forrest Gump ran for us!

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
You missed some crazy shit. We were wearing meat jackets and did some manly wrestling (using guns is for n00bs) ... oh and Forrest Gump ran for us!
I missed out also :(, oh and Sutdawg if you see this I know you would wanna know that Maroon 5 is currently on 339(Fuse ) for the next hr :).

*Edit*Awww it's a roundup show for the week, they mustve been on Monday :(.

Also this is the thread I was laughing at last night it's still on the first page. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155906

*2nd Edit*W00T they are still on it

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:

I kept pressing R1 and wondering wtf was going on.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
kitten_jar.jpg

^^ THERE'S NO USE IN HIDING, IT'S GAMEBATTLE TIME!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!! PUT ON YOUR MEAT JACKETS FTW!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

ChryZ

Kittonwy said:
I kept pressing R1 and wondering wtf was going on.
Indifferent2.gif
I've been away for a second to get a drink and when I returned there was this loading screen with all weapons ghosted. I was like:

1123498355788.jpg

"no he didn't!?"

It seems, I have to be more careful with my anecdotes. :lol

Aeon712

Argh, listening to the Insomniac podcast and just heard that they allowed people from Myresistance with 15crawlers into the Warhawk beta :(. Had I known posting there and not simply using it for my stats would get me something I'd be there as much as Gaf.

There are garden gnomes in Resistance :lol, never noticed with all the Chimera trying to kill me.

Kittonwy said:
Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

Bye bye, e_mo69! My team went from being up 600 points, to losing in a short period of time. The guy started out flickering, and then was completely invisible for the remainder of the match.

Aeon712

TurboMan07 said:
hey, I don't think I'm on your gamebattles account(but I'm in the clan)

wheres the teams gamebattle site?
US...I mean NA Gaf clan doesn't Gamebattle, unless you are talking about the EU Clan

Kittonwy

Banned
TurboMan07 said:
hey, I don't think I'm on your gamebattles account(but I'm in the clan)

wheres the teams gamebattle site?

We don't really "gamebattle", it's just a way we make fun of people who kept sending us messages after every gosh darn game challenging our clan to "gb".
Indifferent2.gif

womfalcs3

Banned
distantmantra said:
Bye bye, e_mo69! My team went from being up 600 points, to losing in a short period of time. The guy started out flickering, and then was completely invisible for the remainder of the match.

Could it be that his connection was bad?

Aeon712

womfalcs3 said:
That's what all the laggers say

Also remember team, Clan's now quit against us when we are winning because we are too easy to beat :lol.

womfalcs3 said:

No way, he started out by getting killed 18 times in a row, and then went on to get 52 kills without us getting him once after becoming invisible. I watched my teammates fall over and die with nothing around, and then I'd get killed by the guy. And it wasn't from an Auger.

patsu

Gah ! My Resistance stats became inconsistent/erratic after a 2 week trip. One moment, I can get 10-20 vs 3 and another moment 3 vs 10-20 (Latter more often than former). I stayed up until 6:00am last night to try to get it back but I failed.

I need a level playing field. That means new maps ! :p

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
patsu said:
Gah ! My Resistance stats became inconsistent/erratic after a 2 week trip. One moment, I can get 10-20 vs 3 and another moment 3 vs 10-20 (Latter more often than former). I stayed up until 6:00am last night to try to get it back but I failed.

I need a level playing field. That means new maps ! :p

Just blame it on the jetlag :D

BTW - got my Stealth Kill medal today :)

womfalcs3

Banned
Man, I was just ruined by the LAARK. Small maps shouldn't have two spawn locations. Grimsby 8-player has two like 100 feet apart. It was no man's land out there.

Ill be on later tongiht. I want to play with my CaC for a bit first. Man, i really wish i could have palyed more last night, but to be honest... i got too drunk. Its embaressing really; i didn't eat anything all day, grabbed two giant Foster's on the way home, threw them back, then eat dinner. We didnt play for an hour after that, and i just could NOT focus, starting getting motion sick too. So i lied and said somthing came up... I am Shamed as a gamer and drinker.

We seem to have gined a reputatiuon on the FOM ranked games, but honestly i dont know what that Rep is.

Greg

I'll be on late tonight after the second showing of Sopranos/Entourage...2 EST I'm guessing, if anyone cares to be on that late. :lol

M3Freak

Banned
BobTheFork said:
We seem to have gined a reputatiuon on the FOM ranked games, but honestly i dont know what that Rep is.

It's obvious, isn't it? We are the shiznit!!

All kidding aside, of the regualr clan players, many of us are Supreme Commanders. Of the several Supreme Commanders, a few are really awesome players. When our opponents see a wall of Supreme Commanders all from the same clan, they cry with fear and run aways screaming for their mommies.

Hell, last night the QBC clan quite on mass during the first round of a Meltdown game on the Manchester map. They knew it was hopeless, so gave up before even trying.

I don't know what tour reputation is exactly, but I'd say it's safe to say we're known as being a very good clan.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
Hell, last night the QBC clan quite on mass during the first round of a Meltdown game on the Manchester map. They knew it was hopeless, so gave up before even trying.
Didn't you get the memo? They quit because it was too easy to beat us:)

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:

All kidding aside, of the regualr clan players, many of us are Supreme Commanders. Of the several Supreme Commanders, a few are really awesome players. When our opponents see a wall of Supreme Commanders all from the same clan, they cry with fear and run aways screaming for their mommies.

I don't know what tour reputation is exactly, but I'd say it's safe to say we're known as being a very good clan.

My RAWR is very intimidating.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get......
but it will probably be Somerset - meltdown
"

We were totally wrecking the shit out of people in objective last night. Holy cow. GO TEAM!

patsu

Beatbox said:
Just blame it on the jetlag :D

BTW - got my Stealth Kill medal today :)

Heh heh, I hope so. I just sniggled a lot when I scrolled down the ranking to find my name right at the bottom. By 6:00am, I cried a little before calling it a day :D

m3freak said:

Agree wholeheartedly that there are quite a few amazing soldiers in our clan. I missed bumping into Click late at night though. Where did that man disappear to ?

Greg

Something that disappoints me is that I have no idea where in the hell you guys are calling things out. I sit there with my headset on, yet I don't say a damn word...my only contribution over the headset is, "damnit!"

"Oh shit, there's a sniper on the bottom left quadrant of Zulu Beta...you know, right next to Alpha but just beyond Delta. Got it Greg?"

Sadly, the only thing I understand is (and I hear a lot of it), "GREG BEHIND YOU!"...and even then, it's too late. :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Greg said:
Something that disappoints me is that I have no idea where in the hell you guys are calling things out. I sit there with my headset on, yet I don't say a damn word...my only contribution over the headset is, "damnit!"

"Oh shit, there's a sniper on the bottom left quadrant of Zulu Beta...you know, right next to Alpha but just beyond Delta. Got it Greg?"

Sadly, the only thing I understand is (and I hear a lot of it), "GREG BEHIND YOU!"...and even then, it's too late. :lol

If you open up the map with the select button or by tilting the controller to the left, you can see the node names on the map. When we die or call something out, it is usually in relation to a node. For example, Papa in Grimsby is always the center node.

Additionally, south is down, north is up, east is right, west is left. So sniper call-outs from about where you died are usually helpful like "Sniper - southwest corner."

Hope that helps.

Although, there is something I could use some help with. In Somerset, people say sniper hill. Which corner is sniper hill?? They're all hills in the corners!?

Greg

tanod said:
Although, there is something I could use some help with. In Somerset, people say sniper hill. Which corner is sniper hill?? They're all hills in the corners!?
That's pretty much what I was referring to - I just used an exaggerated example.

I said that on friday night...What in the hell is sniper hill?
"Oh, it's just, you know, the hill that everyone always snipes from." :lol

patsu

Greg said:
That's pretty much what I was referring to - I just used an exaggerated example.

I said that on friday night...What in the hell is sniper hill?
"Oh, it's just, you know, the hill that everyone always snipes from." :lol

Hmm... I thought there are 2 hills (left and right). Which one is sniper hill ? And the other one is ? :)

Top Bottom