• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
burnfout said:
So I've read the last three pages, but didnt see it mentioned.

My stats aren't being updated anymore for the last 2 days, none of my friends stats too :(

Are the updating servers down in Euroland or something?

Yeah, stats are backlogged in Europe for some reason. I know SCEE is working on it.

Aeon712

burnfout said:
Alright, but backlogged right? Not lost? Thanks for the fast reply.
Be afraid, last time we had a stats backlog we lost a weekend of stats :(. I still remember how awesome I was that weekend playing some games with M3.

llTll

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Be afraid, last time we had a stats backlog we lost a weekend of stats :(. I still remember how awesome I was that weekend playing with M3.

man. same here. lol

btw. tell me when you are free so we can play together . send me a msg if you see me online playing resistance. i would love to kick ass with you again

Aeon712

llTll said:
man. same here. lol

btw. tell me when you are free so we can play together . send me a msg if you see me online playing resistance. i would love to kick ass with you again
Everytime I see you on you seem to be playing unranked games, when's the next time you'll be on? I'm free today, friday(for the most part) and Sunday.

llTll

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Everytime I see you on you seem to be playing unranked games, when's the next time you'll be on? I'm free today, friday(for the most part) and Sunday.

because if i click on ranked play. i am always stuck with random people in random level that i hate most likly. i dont know if its possible to play ranked game but not random [ i can pick up the game i want to play ]

so this way, i play un-ranked so people can see me and join me. i would love to play with you today but its almost midnight here for me. so its kinda late to play a game. however i see you online alot. i will msg you when you are online

Aeon712

llTll said:
because if i click on ranked play. i am always stuck with random people in random level that i hate most likly. i dont know if its possible to play ranked game but not random [ i can pick up the game i want to play ]

so this way, i play un-ranked so people can see me and join me. i would love to play with you today but its almost midnight here for me. so its kinda late to play a game. however i see you online alot. i will msg you when you are online
Cool, just know that if I'm folding I'm prob not really home so I'm not ignoring you :lol. Now if we can somehow get Beren(my herse your arms or however you say/type his name) to play again the three of us can wreck whole teams again. Long as it isn't somerset, awful awful somerset.

mackaveli

i haven't played resistance in months online with gaf, i'll probably play with you guys this weekend.

How many people are usually playing on gaf night?

llTll

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Cool, just know that if I'm folding I'm prob not really home so I'm not ignoring you :lol. Now if we can somehow get Beren(my herse your arms or however you say/type his name) to play again the three of us can wreck whole teams again. Long as it isn't somerset, awful awful somerset.

omg man. u r just like me. i hate somerset. and alwyas in ranked game. i am there. wtf.

i know that when people are folding means they are away. so no worries. just dont fold alot and f**k your system. its not worth it :lol

oh and yeah, the other day man. we f**ked the whole team. it was really not fair fight lollll

Aeon712

Greg said:
Bitch.

I want to play tonight, but my internet is going down at midnight EST - to hell with this shit. :lol
Which gives us time to play some games from 8-10 unless my power goes out from this storm then I'll really be upset. Darn it Sutdawg and efertlis get in this thread to confirm that you two will play tonight.

Greg

llTll said:
pay ur bills man :lol
Oh no, going down for maintenance.

...my electric however...:lol

Aeon712 said:
Which gives us time to play some games from 8-10 unless my power goes out from this storm then I'll really be upset. Darn it Sutdawg and efertlis get in this thread to confirm that you two will play tonight.
My new monitor didn't come in yet, and I don't have a TV to play on until midnight...which is when the internet dies. This whole day is ridiculous. :lol

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Stupid storm in Philly knocked out my Direct Tv so I may be missing Lost tonight :(. Will anyone be playing tonight before Lost starts(10pm est)?

Are you sure? My DirctTV is working fine, when it does go out I still get the local channels.
Yes I will be playing before and after Lost, just like last week.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:

I always play Resistance. Already got a few more first place ranks in Gripshift and about to hop on some CAC (ewwww...you pervs)

sutdawg

Kittonwy said:
You know that blowing up barrels next to you is just our way of saying we love you as our brother in arms.
Indifferent2.gif

Oh, I thought we were just picking on the weaksauce(the Maroon 5 lover). :lol

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Be afraid, last time we had a stats backlog we lost a weekend of stats :(. I still remember how awesome I was that weekend playing some games with M3.

We had a CTF game that weekend. I had a 45/20 K/D in that game, and almost 100% of kills were on defense. It sucked hard losing those stats.

M3Freak

Banned
Keeping with my ever improving K/D ratio, it's moved up again: .952. Yeah!

I can't believe how much better I'm playing now with my sensitivity lowered to 4. 5 was way too high for me.

Aeon, I'll catch you sooner or later, just you watch. Then, I'll do some MC Hammer dance moves, call you arsehole several hundred times, and finish up with a few xcrap3farty jokes for good measure.

I should mention: I won my first Lexington FFA game on Tuesday, just before playing with the clan. I went 24/10 - sweeeeeeet.

Fear the m3freak.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hey guys, wanted to let you know I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow afternoon and will be out of the country and *gasp* not checking GAF regularly. If you need me for something, drop me a PM and I'll respond to it when I get home and recover.

Oh and listen to the Full Moon Show tomorrow. It's a great episode.

Aeon712

jstevenson said:
Hey guys, wanted to let you know I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow afternoon and will be out of the country and *gasp* not checking GAF regularly. If you need me for something, drop me a PM and I'll respond to it when I get home and recover.

Oh and listen to the Full Moon Show tomorrow. It's a great episode.
New maps or pics of hott Brazilian woman when you get back or bust.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BTW - I was informed by MP today that the Breach/Assault player minimums were lowered and that their frequency in ranked games are going to be increased. Just has to go through QA.

Thanks for that spreadsheet :)

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:
BTW - I was informed by MP today that the Breach/Meltdown player minimums were lowered and that their frequency in ranked games was increased.

Meltdown??? NOOOOOOOOOO

I hope you meant assault. Thanks JS.

DenogginizerOS said:
So, when is the next big get together? I need to play some Resistance.

Friday

We do Tue/Fri/Sat now at 9PM EST / 6PM PST

Different days but same time
, same bat channel

jstevenson said:
BTW - I was informed by MP today that the Breach/Assault player minimums were lowered and that their frequency in ranked games was increased.

Anal rententive gaming FTW!!! That spreadsheet was a gret idea. It acctually caused change.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just to be clear - I guess the change isn't on the live server just yet. Sorry, mis-communication between me and MP, and I thought it was live.

sutdawg

jstevenson said:
Just to be clear - I guess the change isn't on the live server just yet. Sorry, mis-communication between me and MP, and I thought it was live.

We forgive you! The good news is that at least you guys are going to be fixing this. The best thing about Insomniac is that you guys listen to suggestions from the gamers and look to improve the product.

We need to send JStevenson some pink tacos! :D

I'm relatively new to this game and just started playing it. One of the things that I hate is trying to do precision aiming with the analog stick. Maybe it's something you get better at with time, but it feels like it's all over the place sometimes. Which brings me to my question - do you think the aiming mechanism would have been better if they used the sixaxis motion sensors to control the position of the crosshair. It just occurs to me that you could be extremely precise and accurate by using the Sixaxis motion as opposed to the analog stick.

As it is, the use of the Sixaxis in Resistance isn't all it could be. Adding this new aiming scheme would be great, though.

Aeon712

FormulaOne said:
I'm relatively new to this game and just started playing it. One of the things that I hate is trying to do precision aiming with the analog stick. Maybe it's something you get better at with time, but it feels like it's all over the place sometimes. Which brings me to my question - do you think the aiming mechanism would have been better if they used the sixaxis motion sensors to control the position of the crosshair. It just occurs to me that you could be extremely precise and accurate by using the Sixaxis motion as opposed to the analog stick.

As it is, the use of the Sixaxis in Resistance isn't all it could be. Adding this new aiming scheme would be great, though.
Change your sensitivity if you think it's currently too fast. Sixaxis aiming would tick me off.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
Change your sensitivity if you think it's currently too fast. Sixaxis aiming would tick me off.

I'm actually thinking about turning my sensitivity down a bit. I won't be on tonight but tomorrow, I'll try going to a 5 from a 6.

M3 said he was doing a little better turning his down so maybe I'll try the same and see what happens. Plus, sniping is a little too twitchy as it's set up for me right now. Here's hoping the "MELTDOWN IS TEH SUXXORS111" patch goes up before this weekend.

j/k - meltdown is fun, just kind of burnt out on it recently

tanod

when is my burrito
Wollan said:
9$ is too much for two maps.

What about making them free later (like in two months) so the whole community doesn't get fragmented to hell? We'd probably lose half the clan on clan nights if it was close to $10.

Price is right at $5-$6 for 2 maps, then it's an absolute must buy. Glad it's definitely not more than $10.

They're setting a PSN precedent with this DLC. Don't screw it up.

OT: Same goes for Motor Storm. That DLC should definitely not be over $5 for one track.

Aeon712

tanod said:
j/k - meltdown is fun, just kind of burnt out on it recently
Everything is fun none Somerset:)
9$ is too much for two maps.
Bu Bu But it's 2 fully scaled maps so we'll have 8,16,24,32, and 40 player versions of the maps so it's like we're getting 10maps. Those Playstation cards need to hurry up some Gaffers can't buy things from the store like I remember Angel saying he couldn't...I think it was him.

Wait are there 24player maps?

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
They already did with the Blast Factor one. 5 bucks for an offline multiplayer mode.

I meant tracks and maps.

I thought BF DLC was $3. They should just roll the add-on pack to the main file and make it $8 and make it free for those who already have the main game.

Treo360

ugh. played unranked last night, no one spoke, and it was one hit kills. First time playing it. Was impressed as it was pretty smooth.

Kittonwy

Banned
426d5d22d2b04.jpg

^^ YAY!!! IT'S TIME FOR GAMEBATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!! PINK TACOS FTW!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Top Bottom