• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
We simply got PWN3D in that last assault game, it's not the game's fault, the other team was simply so well-organized, everybody took up a role and knew what they were doing and they were GOOD at what they were doing, they knew the right spot to take and their grenade tosses were well-timed, plus they were outnumbering us by six, which didn't help. I don't want to take anything away from how that team played though because they played a perfect game, we on the other hand did not. I'm surprised by the quality of the competition, I thought we were pretty good but apparently there are WAY better teams out there.

Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
We simply got PWN3D in that last assault game, it's not the game's fault, the other team was simply so well-organized, everybody took up a role and knew what they were doing and they were GOOD at what they were doing, they knew the right spot to take and their grenade tosses were well-timed, plus they were outnumbering us by six, which didn't help. I don't want to take anything away from how that team played though because they played a perfect game, we on the other hand did not. I'm surprised by the quality of the competition, I thought we were pretty good but apparently there are WAY better teams out there.

Indifferent2.gif

All of that is true and I take nothing away from those guys either. We got our asses handed to us a few games prior to that as well.

I'm just not getting much out of the game anymore. I'll save you guys from my negative posts from this point forward though. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
careksims said:
I beginning to feel like that tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It takes me awhile to kill them and I aim for their heads yet it takes like 3 secs for the enemy to kill me with full health.

When me and an enemy both shoot (shotgun or tag) at the same time, 99% of the time, the bad guy wins.

I blame my internet, I seem to be the last to spawn when matches start ;/

Good luck man. Hope you find fun in other games.

You know what? I always think I'm the one who shot first and should kill the other guy, but maybe this isn't the case, maybe the other guy really did tag me first, maybe the other guy just aimed a little bit better, or tagged a little bit quicker, or tag closer to the head, or timed his grenade throw better. It was obviously fun when we completely creamed the other team in that first assault game, but then the last assault game really opened my eyes as to simply how good/smart some of the clans can really be, that team we lost the assault game to was simply at the top of their game when we played them.

It's like the TDM we played when we got pwn3d both rounds, they had to deal with the exact same circumstances as we did, they just flooded the sniper zones more effectively with more people, and stayed on top of things, they CONTROLLED the sniper wall. As much as I hate getting sniped, we need to find a way to take back the sniper wall.

Kittonwy said:
You know what? I always think I'm the one who shot first and should kill the other guy, but maybe this isn't the case, maybe the other guy really did tag me first, maybe the other guy just aimed a little bit better, or tagged a little bit quicker, or tag closer to the head, or timed his grenade throw better. It was obviously fun when we completely creamed the other team in that first assault game, but then the last assault game really opened my eyes as to simply how good/smart some of the clans can really be.

When you see guys in that SOS clan have like 20000 to 11000 K/D, you can easily accept this answer. You get a bunch of those kinds of guys together, with a plan, and they aren't going to be easy to stop.

Greg

Core407 said:
Why would you be against MS/KB support?
I'm not speaking for aeon, but here is my response to that - someone who is good with keyboard/mouse WILL dominate everyone using a controller, especially games like Resistance where the pace isn't exactly slow.

If I recall correctly, I used to crank sens up to 17 on quake 3 insta-gib servers. Despite being so high, I still made it seem like I was using a bot. The accuracy you can get with a mouse, and the speed which with you could get it there is ridiculous. Sure the other players have the opportunity to play with a mouse, but it just isn't fair to do mouse vs controller.

Kittonwy said:
We simply got PWN3D in that last assault game

Oof, that was brutal. I really like Assault though, it seems to bring the best out of Resistance as a team shooter. Kinda surprising it was an add-on you'd almost think the game was built for it.

Hadn't played with the clan in awhile (been into MLB lately), I did pretty bad tonight but the game is still fun as hell. Can't wait for the new maps.

Kittonwy

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Oof, that was brutal. I really like Assault though, it seems to bring the best out of Resistance as a team shooter. Kinda surprising it was an add-on you'd almost think the game was built for it.

Hadn't played with the clan in awhile (been into MLB lately), I did pretty bad tonight but the game is still fun as hell. Can't wait for the new maps.

I'm going to try to figure out a strategy to take back that damn wall, I simply refuse to give up or just rush in and get slaughtered. There MUST be a way to get a hold of grenades or something to attack those snipers at the wall.
angry.gif

Big-E

Kittonwy said:
I'm going to try to figure out a strategy to take back that damn wall, I simply refuse to give up or just rush in and get slaughtered. There MUST be a way to get a hold of grenades or something to attack those snipers at the wall.
angry.gif

In a 32 player game sniper wall in impenetrable. Only hope of beating it comes in the 40 player game when you got the town with its rifles and are able to simply creep out and pick them off.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
In a 32 player game sniper wall in impenetrable. Only hope of beating it comes in the 40 player game when you got the town with its rifles and are able to simply creep out and pick them off.

We need to find a way to make those bastards move, they can only pick up one target at a time, when they move they're alot less accurate and more vulnerable to a rush. I tried throwing grenades at the wall and took out a couple of them but the problem is that we're limited by having to wait for stuff to spawn. Maybe shielded augers can stay alive long enough to make them budge while the rest can move in, the question is HOW do we move in as a group to take over the hill and wall.

M3Freak

Banned
Big-E said:

This man speaks the truth. Somerset sniper wall is just about impossible to breach (heh) once the other side has setup.

Aeon hates that map with a passion. I'm not much of a fan either. Sometimes it can be fun, but usually, it's a pain in the ass.

Big-E

Kittonwy said:
We need to find a way to make those bastards move, they can only pick up one target at a time, when they move they're alot less accurate and more vulnerable to a rush. I tried throwing grenades at the wall and took out a couple of them but the problem is that we're limited by having to wait for stuff to spawn. Maybe shielded augers can stay alive long enough to make them budge while the rest can move in, the question is HOW do we move in as a group to take over the hill and wall.

Its a difficult task. Does anyone else notice that hitting people on sniper wall is really hard? For example, I can never tag anyone who is on the ledge. The tag just doesn't seem to register there. I have hit people right in the face with it and nothing. I have also seen people eat rockets to the face and survive on that god forsaken wall.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:

1. LAARK with secondary fire to park, and primary for mini rockets
2. Auger + shield + auger shots like mad
3. Dragon
4. Air fuels

That's about it, really. Anything else, and you have to go in too close, which makes you very vulnerable.

FightyF

Banned
BWARGH! There was a crazy lightning storm that started almost right after I posted. I had to shut down all powerbars in my house and couldn't do anything (well, played DS, :p)

Missed an assault game :( What map was it?

Was it even close?

Note to self: Use "God Willing" more often when you plan to do something. :p

patsu

Big-E said:
Its a difficult task. Does anyone else notice that hitting people on sniper wall is really hard? For example, I can never tag anyone who is on the ledge. The tag just doesn't seem to register there. I have hit people right in the face with it and nothing. I have also seen people eat rockets to the face and survive on that god forsaken wall.

I was LAARK'ed to death on that wall before, so it's possible. However it is indeed very difficult to turn the battle around. I got into a game where there were 4-5 snipers on that wall, and then 1-2 more on each side (some on tree tops, some on the ground). We could only clear the 2 sides but the wall remained untouched. We could take down 1 or may be 2 snipers on the wall, but others'd come to LAARK or snipe us.

Our scores were 1/3 to 1/2 of theirs by the end of the game.

Sweet no date on this map pack for us in pal land, man scee are run by borat i think they have no clue how to do online. The euro psn is an utter joke and now they cant release a map pack worldwide i mean come on live does this map pack thing a few times a month with no wait for us euros. Im pretty sick of the way europe has been treat by sony so far higher price, less content on the psn, gimped bc. Ahh im ranting but i feel like i dont have a voice no one hears my complaint unlike live we have major nelson to maon at and you feel someone will hear you, its just a wall of silence with sony.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I was under the impression that the map packs are coming out in all regions on the same day as the worldwide update, which is Thursday.

ChryZ

Regarding sniper wall: I like to collect the 40mm carbine grenade near the catwalk, head down the trench, pick up the second 40mm, clear the wall ledge with the 40mm grenades, nick a sniper rifle and then retreat via the trench, followed by some sniping from non sniper hill/wall spots.

TONX said:
I was under the impression that the map packs are coming out in all regions on the same day as the worldwide update, which is Thursday.

Not accroding to the pr release from scea yesterday, map pack will arrive tomorrow for japan us ohh and we will have more info on euro later lmao thanks scee.:lol

Aeon712

Greg said:
I'm not speaking for aeon, but here is my response to that - someone who is good with keyboard/mouse WILL dominate everyone using a controller, especially games like Resistance where the pace isn't exactly slow.
Shakes head up and down.

And it seems like I missed a lot when I bailed at 11. A second assault game :(, had I been there we would've won. And who ever said I only get mad at the shotgun when I'm the one getting shotgunned which seems to be all the time because it's a cheap weapon and I refuse to whore cheap weapons in games.

Total Kills-16211
Shotgun Kills-566

Aeon712

Argh freaking spawning from behind crap, Chryz I dunno how you did i. I was just literrally in the corner on the subway regaining my health and someone still spawned behind me. Seriously there was maybe 2ft between me and the wall and he still popped up there.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Argh freaking spawning from behind crap, Chryz I dunno how you did i. I was just literrally in the corner on the subway regaining my health and someone still spawned behind me. Seriously there was maybe 2ft between me and the wall and he still popped up there.
I never had much trouble with the respawn points. Their locations are fixed and I avoided them pretty much.

You know, lately I'm haunted by nightmares about the stats server going all FUBAR, then I wake up covered in cold sweat and I have check the stats online at 4AM before I'm able to sleep again.

j/k, BUT I'm really not sure, if I'm able to pull it off a second time
:lol

Dazzyman

supermackem said:
Not accroding to the pr release from scea yesterday, map pack will arrive tomorrow for japan us ohh and we will have more info on euro later lmao thanks scee.:lol

Will you give us a shout when their up m8 then we can finally have a game :p

careksims

M3Freak said:
This man speaks the truth. Somerset sniper wall is just about impossible to breach (heh) once the other side has setup.

Aeon hates that map with a passion. I'm not much of a fan either. Sometimes it can be fun, but usually, it's a pain in the ass.

OMG... Sniper wall/hill.... man! Yeah it sucks when the fort doesn't have any sniping rifles to use AT ALL! Makes me hate sommerset even more. One of the places I ever find the Laark is like near Sniper Wall. Just so exposed!

womfalcs3

Banned
M3Freak said:

When a team has many people set up in one area, I always get grenades and throw it at them from afar. That way even if I don't kill any of them, at least I disturb their stance so my team and I can go in while they're vulnerable.

Madman

Hmm, maybe I should join the clan. Typically, I place 1-3 in regular deathmatch games and I consider myself a strong player. Seems like you guys could use the help.

But alas, I don't like the concept of a clan. They are just a crutch.

so you guys have played this game a lot, what would you guys say about the AA level in Resistance? I have only played it a handful of times and I think it's pretty clean (4X AA).

tanod

when is my burrito
Madman said:
Hmm, maybe I should join the clan. Typically, I place 1-3 in regular deathmatch games and I consider myself a strong player. Seems like you guys could use the help.

I still play on my own too. The clan is good for organizing team games and sharing war stories (strategies) and talking about forum stuff every once in a while.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what they did for balance, level adjustments and weapon spawns.

Doom, I'm pretty sure I heard that Resistance uses 4XAA but maybe if JS is around today, he could clarify.

JS,
Are we getting a Full Moon Show today? It seems like it's been forever since the last one. Also, Team Conversion in ranked is a myth. I've never played it.

Aeon712

Madman said:

Don't take some of our dislike for Somerset as needing help :).

And Team Conversion isn't ranked, it's only unranked. It's not even listed on the ranked game stats.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
And Team Conversion isn't ranked, it's only unranked. It's not even listed on the ranked game stats.

I thought I heard that but it shows up when you select what type of game you want to play under Ranked > TDM.

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
I never had much trouble with the respawn points. Their locations are fixed and I avoided them pretty much.

You know, lately I'm haunted by nightmares about the stats server going all FUBAR, then I wake up covered in cold sweat and I have check the stats online at 4AM before I'm able to sleep again.

j/k, BUT I'm really not sure, if I'm able to pull it off a second time
:lol

LOL.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
I think I won't be playing any DelayStation 3 games this weekend, thank you very much. This pisses me off.

This is why they shouldn't restrict updates to Thursdays. I wouldn't mind the delays if I didn't have to wait an entire week just to find out if something is ready.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Madman said:
Take your time. Just make sure it is done right.

Good idea on giving no official date. It's what shoule be done from now on for everything.

You guys over react to everything. Like whoever didn't buy CaC because of delays.

Shut up.

This is just a delay, that's all this is. All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked.

Madman said:
Take your time. Just make sure it is done right.

Good idea on giving no official date. It's what shoule be done from now on for everything.

You guys over react to everything. Like whoever didn't buy CaC because of delays.
AEON thats who.

seriously this shit is old.

careksims

TTP said:
I'm just trying to fight the frustration. It's not personal.

Yeah the GAF clan was ready to roll today! TODAY!!! Now we don't even know when it'll be.:[

GG sony

P.S. I didn't buy CaC either because of the delays. :D

Aeon712

JB1981 said:
can't do anything anymore but laugh
It's funny cause I'm sitting here smiling at this news rather than being angry. Girl at work want's to know why I deal with anger like this now.
careksims said:
P.S. I didn't buy CaC either because of the delays. :D
:)

Top Bottom