• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

CapoAheaz

I guess all those not buying because of delays do not follow any music artists, and go ahead and tell me how this is different.

tanod

when is my burrito
CapoAheaz said:
I guess all those not buying because of delays do not follow any music artists, and go ahead and tell me how this is different.

Because in music and with a lot of game releases, they tell you about delays a lot earlier than the day they are coming out, and don't do it twice in a row.

I don't think anybody has said they are not buying because of the delays for Resistance but there's definitely some that did for CAC.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
So since there is a War Hawk patch supposedly coming out today that fixes all the freezing issues, are people with the beta still playing tonight?

Teh wedge rolls as usual.
gladtomeetya.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
Teh wedge rolls as usual.
gladtomeetya.gif

I missed most of Tuesday. Really looking forward to tonight.

I was only able to jump on for 20 minutes or so with Beatbox and a couple others at 1AM. I really need to stop playing when I'm so tired. Not only do I suck, but I get pissy about it. :/

Aeon712

tanod said:
I missed most of Tuesday. Really looking forward to tonight.

I was only able to jump on for 20 minutes or so with Beatbox and a couple others at 1AM. I really need to stop playing when I'm so tired. Not only do I suck, but I get pissy about it. :/
Atleast you don't fall asleep in the lobby
coughM3cough
:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
0530cat.jpg

^^ STILL WAITING FOR TEH MAPS TO COME OUT???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

DEAR GB:

IT WUZ U
YOU AND ME
TWO HEART DRAWN TOGETHER BOUND BY DESTINY
IT WUZ U
AND YOU FOR ME
EVERY ROAD LEADZ TO YOUR DOOR
EVERY STEP I TAKE FOREVER MORE

RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
coughM3cough

Nothing can be as bad as when I was still playing as a white mage in FFXI on the PS2 and I fell asleep while in a party and everybody ended up getting wiped out.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
Nothing can be as bad as when I was still playing as a white mage in FFXI on the PS2 and I fell asleep while in a party and everybody ended up getting wiped out.
Indifferent2.gif
:lol that's like the reverse Leroyyyyyyyyyyyyy

InsomRPS

Jstevenson's stunt double
Hey guys,

I know I don't post hardly ever on here (I do lurk though from time to time!), but James is out today and I wanted to make sure y'all saw Ted's blog today on our site regarding Insomniac's take regarding downloadable content. Ted talks about Insomniac's future too, so I thought you might be interested.

Holla back at us with questions, thoughts, whatever. We'll definitely do our best to answer them.

BTW, sorry if you've already seen the blog. I glanced at the last few pages and it doesn't seem like it. Also, sorry about the debacle with the RFOM map pack. We're just as upset as you...trust me.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community.php

(After you login, click on Blarg and it's called "Conquering New Territory."

Peace.
RS

InsomRPS said:
Hey guys,

I know I don't post hardly ever on here
(I do lurk though from time to time!), but James is out today and I wanted to make sure y'all saw Ted's blog today on our site regarding Insomniac's take regarding downloadable content. Ted talks about Insomniac's future too, so I thought you might be interested.

Holla back at us with questions, thoughts, whatever. We'll definitely do our best to answer them.

BTW, sorry if you've already seen the blog. I glanced at the last few pages and it doesn't seem like it. Also, sorry about the debacle with the RFOM map pack. We're just as upset as you...trust me.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community.php

(After you login, click on Blarg and it's called "Conquering New Territory."

Peace.
RS

Damn right, you dont! Welcome to NeoGAF! :)

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
sutdawg said:
And the worst thing is we actually waited for him to wake up.

And I almost convinced him that he was asleep for an hour :lol Do Canadian schools teach the science of telling time?

I'll be on tonight i just dont know when. I was supposed to go to a freind's place and be back by now but im still waiting to go so ill be there when i can.

Wollan

Ted Price said:
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Finally, let’s talk about you for a moment - the player. What do you really want from downloadable content? Is it episodic content? What kind of microtransactions are palatable? What would you be willing to buy and for how much? And how about the opportunity to create user-generated content?

Angelcurio

Looks like i screwed up something big time. In order to try to play motorstorm online i started messing up with my router trying to open some ports and the like. And the end, i couldn't even use tghe internet, so i ressetted my router, but in doing so i cant even connect with resistance online. The only thing i can actually do is get online with my PS3, but cant play any online games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, specially opening ports for the router Speed Touch 536. I tried Google, but the pages i found for doing so, show an interface extremely different to the one my router actually has.

M3Freak

Banned
Take screenshots, and post them here - it's the only way I can help you.

Getting you online again should be very easy to do.

Angelcurio said:
Looks like i screwed up something big time. In order to try to play motorstorm online i started messing up with my router trying to open some ports and the like. And the end, i couldn't even use tghe internet, so i ressetted my router, but in doing so i cant even connect with resistance online. The only thing i can actually do is get online with my PS3, but cant play any online games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, specially opening ports for the router Speed Touch 536. I tried Google, but the pages i found for doing so, show an interface extremely different to the one my router actually has.

I think it would be helpful to anyone who could help if you would run the connection test on your PS3 and report what it says (NAT type, ect)

Angelcurio

Pristine_Condition said:
I think it would be helpful to anyone who could help if you would run the connection test on your PS3 and report what it says (NAT type, ect)

Obtain IP Address: Succeeded.
Internet Connection: Succeeded.
PLAYSTATION Network: Succeeded.
UPnP: Available.
NAT Type: Type 2.

I have a router connected to a switch. My pc and ps3 are connected to the switch as well.

I think that the problem comes from the need of opening ports on the router since i can log on the PSN without any problems and download stuff, but when i try to play online games it is always unable to connect to the server, no matter the game, with Resistance being the exception, but now not even resistance would connect to the server.

Kittonwy

Banned
kitten_contenstant1.jpg

^^ GET IN LINE FOR YOUR TACOS!!!111!!! NO PUSHING AND NO SHOOTING TEH BARRELZ!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

LAST SECOND VICTORY RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

M3Freak

Banned
Angelcurio said:

That's good. I don't know why you're having problems connecting to the game servers. I have a "Type 2" NAT too.

Angelcurio said:
I think that the problem comes from the need of opening ports on the router since i can log on the PSN without any problems and download stuff, but when i try to play online games it is always unable to connect to the server, no matter the game, with Resistance being the exception, but now not even resistance would connect to the server.

Take a screenshot of the port forwarding config page for your modem/firewall. I need to see what it looks so I can tell you what to do. But, if you think you can do it yourself, then forward these ports to your PS3:

TCP : 5223
UDP : 3478 - 3479
UDP : 3658

Note: make sure your PS3 is given a STATIC IP, otherwise port forwarding will break if your PS3 gets a different IP via DHCP.

Angelcurio said:

I have a router connected to a switch. My pc and ps3 are connected to the switch as well.

Strange.

With a NAT type 2, you shouldn't even need to open up any ports just to get it to work. I've been running my PS3 behind a NAT 2 from day 1 with no problems. It should work fine and perform reasonably well for gaming with a type 2, as far as I know.

Did you try disabling the media streaming?

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
coughM3cough

I fell asleep again last night. I said I'd be back by 10:30 p.m. (had to get my daughter off to bed), but I didn't come back until about 11:45 p.m. - I fell asleep after I put her in the crib.

Anyway, I'll be online tonight. My K/D didn't improve last night. I'm back up to 320, so I have to get that down today!!!!

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
Anyway, I'll be online tonight. My K/D didn't improve last night. I'm back up to 320, so I have to get that down today!!!!
Stop trying to get your k/d to a 1, more funny having you sub 1.0.

jjasper

I am replaying again this time on superhuman and some of the things your teammates are saying are pretty funny like the great line of

"Say what you will about Chimera they got heart....and teeth, big ****ing teeth"

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Sutdawg I can never go to Papa with you since according to CNN and BBC its immoral :lol.

That's it. You can expect to have every barrel you come across being blown up.
angry.gif

Started my first beer now, hopefully come game time I'll be a fully inebriated killing machine and singing chicago songs.
Indifferent2.gif

Big-E

Greg said:
I might play tonight...

but I'll have to go to church tomorrow. :lol

Why bother when you can go to the Cathedral in Manchester in game. The Church of England says its just as good as the real thing.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
Why bother when you can go to the Cathedral in Manchester in game. The Church of England says its just as good as the real thing.

Nothing washes teh sin away better than teh purifying flames of an air fuel grenade.
Indifferent2.gif

sutdawg

Beatbox said:
As if you needed to tell us that you guys just ride the shaft there. Jeez.

I'm seeing it now, we get a Manchester Meltdown game tonight, I go to Papa like usual. As I approach I notice that the roof and walls are fixed and the door in the front is closed and locked.

Kittonwy

Banned
BEER NO. 4, I'LL BE READY TA ROCK YES. GAME BATTLE YOU'RE TEH INSPIRAYSHION. FROM TONIGHT UNTIL TEH END OF TIME YOU SHOULD KNOW EVERYWHERE I GO ALWAYS ON MY MIND IN MY HEART IN MAH SOUL. NO ONE NEED GAME BATTLE MORE THAN I NEED U GAME BATTLE.
Indifferent2.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Kittonwy said:
BEER NO. 4, I'LL BE READY TA ROCK YES. GAME BATTLE YOU'RE TEH INSPIRAYSHION. FROM TONIGHT UNTIL TEH END OF TIME YOU SHOULD KNOW EVERYWHERE I GO ALWAYS ON MY MIND IN MY HEART IN MAH SOUL. NO ONE NEED GAME BATTLE MORE THAN I NEED U GAME BATTLE.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm on beer #2. catching up on ya.

Looking forward to tonight, although i have been playing Warhawk all day so it might affect my game (cough* AEON * cough.)

Top Bottom