• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
TONX said:
I'm on beer #2. catching up on ya.

Looking forward to tonight, although i have been playing Warhawk all day so it might affect my game (cough* AEON * cough.)

Finished dinner, starting number 5. I WILL BE SINGING.
Indifferent2.gif

FightyF

Banned
derder said:
Ok, I just got a ps3 and resistance yesterday, what do I do now?

Pop in the game disc!!

Have plenty of napkins ready!!

I'm gonna try to be on tonight. God willing. :)

I'm gonna be back and forth between Resistance and Forza tonight, I hired an AI driver to do endurance races and so I'll have to check on him once in a while. :p So if you see me AFK and there's something going down, yell at me.

Angelcurio

M3Freak said:
That's good. I don't know why you're having problems connecting to the game servers. I have a "Type 2" NAT too.

Take a screenshot of the port forwarding config page for your modem/firewall. I need to see what it looks so I can tell you what to do. But, if you think you can do it yourself, then forward these ports to your PS3:

TCP : 5223
UDP : 3478 - 3479
UDP : 3658

Note: make sure your PS3 is given a STATIC IP, otherwise port forwarding will break if your PS3 gets a different IP via DHCP.
Do you have msn, so i can send you pics more easily instead of having to upload them?

Pristine_Condition said:
Strange.

With a NAT type 2, you shouldn't even need to open up any ports just to get it to work. I've been running my PS3 behind a NAT 2 from day 1 with no problems. It should work fine and perform reasonably well for gaming with a type 2, as far as I know.

Did you try disabling the media streaming?
I have been having problems since day one, with resistance being the exception. Any ps3 game i try to go online with, i always receive an "unable to connect to server" error.

I do not have an static ip, also i dont know how can i disable media streaming?

patsu

Big-E said:
Why bother when you can go to the Cathedral in Manchester in game. The Church of England says its just as good as the real thing.

I have a feeling they delay the patch so that we can have new skins like Altar Boys, Priests, High Priests, etc.

Aeon712

So yea after boycotting delaymiac I was sluggish the first game coming in second but I got 2 stealth kills :D. Once the warmup suit was off the second game I went 30-16-25 for first :D. Dunno what was up with my headset but it's not as fun not hearing everyone (esp Kitton playing Maroon 5)so I bailed after game 2.

ROFL said:

Jesus Christ!
Forgive me father for I have sinned!

This weeks rant on bees, extinction, pollution and everything else was great!

Definitely the best rant since your first one! :)

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU

Kittonwy

Banned
blue_box_kitten.jpg

^^ COME OUT AND PLAY!!! CUZ...

WE'RE NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!!!
WE'RE NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN!!!
WE'RE NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU!!!111!!!

Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

GIMME SOMETHIN' TO BELIEVE IN RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Kittonwy

Banned
OverHeat said:
I got no invite to join the party yesterday :(

I wasn't in charge of the party but when I checked the clan list at the time you were in a game. We'll try to look for you in the lobby tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

ChryZ

WarHawk roped me back into campaign! Playing Resistance after WarHawk is tricky, so I finally started campaign on super human, it's a nice way of getting WarHawk out of your system before going into MP. Oh, hehe and I'm sick of my good old cloven skin, so the special ops skin would be a nice change.

tanod

when is my burrito
I'll see if I can get on tonight. See you then. Really close to beating Hard on SP. Next up - getting all the skill points and then tackling super human.

My 7 year old niece came over for the weekend and we (my wife, my niece, and I) ended up playing PSN games all night last night. We were up until 2 in the morning playing Calling All Cars, Super Rubadub, and Flow. I'm so glad I got that second controller.

Flow, in particular, is a lot more fun with another person. Her mom is gonna be pissed at me if she figures out how late we were up last night.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
So yea after boycotting delaymiac I was sluggish the first game coming in second but I got 2 stealth kills :D. Once the warmup suit was off the second game I went 30-16-25 for first :D. Dunno what was up with my headset but it's not as fun not hearing everyone (esp Kitton playing Maroon 5)so I bailed after game 2.

Yea, thanks for leaving me to defend Papa by myself( I was so lonely there)!

I'll be on around 10:15pm tonight, after the Sopranos Series finale.

FightyF

Banned
I was disconnected during a Meltdown match and I decided to fix my network rather than come back on again, sorry if that left you guys shorthanded.. :(

What happened was that a few days ago we had a crazy storm here in Calgary, and had to shut down everything and turn off all the powerbars. Now, I think my PS3 was unplugged for 8 hours.

I didn't realize it until I got disconnected last night and checked my network settings. It seemed to have forgotten my static IP settings. And that explains why I was sitting at NAT 3 when I had it at NAT 2 earlier.

So I gotta figure out a network config that is suitable for all my consoles...I should probably start a new thread on this topic alone...but maybe later...

And I'll write something up on my opinions of TDM and how I would tweak some things about it. Hopefully do some of that by Tuesday.

ChryZ

Finished superhuman last night. Black ops skin get :D

Hm, superhuman mode was actually pretty easy ... way too many laark shells and heath packs.

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
We're winning again!!! Good times.
gladtomeetya.gif

Where are you Aeon?
Indifferent2.gif
Had to go to some party in Delaware, My absence had nothing to do with the maps :/. Just that people don't think I've been very social since getting Resistance in January :lol.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Had to go to some party in Delaware, My absence had nothing to do with the maps :/. Just that people don't think I've been very social since getting Resistance in January :lol.

That's ok. Oh by the way you were replaced at Papa Squad by Tanod lastnight who did a nice job filling your shoes.... actually he did a great job! There is still a spot open though, since we apparently lost Click to Warhawk forever, if you'd like to come back - the immoral cathedral just isn't the same without you "wink, wink"! :D

Aeon712

I'm being forced to watch a 3hr Draft on Raw so I have to miss tonight but I'll def be on for the clan night tomorrow. Hopefully my bt works.

careksims

Aeon712 said:
I'm being forced to watch a 3hr Draft on Raw so I have to miss tonight but I'll def be on for the clan night tomorrow. Hopefully my bt works.

Beautiful. You're always welcome to the immoral cathedral :) Good one Sutdawg

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
That's ok. Oh by the way you were replaced at Papa Squad by Tanod lastnight who did a nice job filling your shoes.... actually he did a great job! There is still a spot open though, since we apparently lost Click to Warhawk forever, if you'd like to come back - the immoral cathedral just isn't the same without you "wink, wink"! :D
As if Tanod is 1/16th the player I am :) , the true Papa Squad will be back togather tonight :D. I seriously feel rusty so I'll be on before the meetup unless you guys are planning a chat session....wait you guys have been playing Resistance and chatting without me haven't you :(.

*Edit*Warhawk patch...

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
As if Tanod is 1/16th the player I am :) , the true Papa Squad will be back togather tonight :D. I seriously feel rusty so I'll be on before the meetup unless you guys are planning a chat session....wait you guys have been playing Resistance and chatting without me haven't you :(.

*Edit*Warhawk patch...

I could take you one-on-one. You wanna go, Aeon? :D

Seriously, we should set up some custom 1v1 games and have everybody else observe. I'd like to see some grudge matches.

Aeon712

tanod said:
I could take you one-on-one. You wanna go, Aeon? :D

Seriously, we should set up some custom 1v1 games and have everybody else observe. I'd like to see some grudge matches.
If we did that I think the majority of the people would wanna beat up on me :lol. Resistance needs Halo's 3v3v3v3 mode, we could have Philly Gaf(Aeon,Beatbox,Sutdawg) vs Canada Gaf(Big E, Kitton, M3) vs (insert Gaf team 3) vs (Insert Gaf team 4)

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
If we did that I think the majority of the people would wanna beat up on me :lol.

So then you can prove how awesome you are! Is that a bad thing? ;)

It would be cool to be able to have more than 2 teams.

Kittonwy

Banned
58983.jpg

^^ QUIT HIDING IN THOSE BUSHES, TEH CHIMERAS CAN SEE YOU!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

ONLY GB CAN KEEP ME TOGETHER
GB CAN MEND YOUR LIFE
BUT GB CAN BREAK YOUR HEART OH

I'LL SEND A GB TO TEH WORLD
I'LL SEND A GB TO TEH WORLD
I HOPE THAT SOMEONE GETS MY
GB IN A BOTTLE YEAH!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:
58983.jpg

^^ QUIT HIDING IN THOSE BUSHES, TEH CHIMERAS CAN SEE YOU!!!111!!!

Before I even read the caption, I knew what it was gonna say. :lol :lol

It could use a Somerset mention. :)

BTW, I challenge Aeon712, m3, and hijolocoroco to GB and kittonwy to a drinking contest. Death - take a shot.

j/k about the drinking one

Big-E

Aeon712 said:
If we did that I think the majority of the people would wanna beat up on me :lol. Resistance needs Halo's 3v3v3v3 mode, we could have Philly Gaf(Aeon,Beatbox,Sutdawg) vs Canada Gaf(Big E, Kitton, M3) vs (insert Gaf team 3) vs (Insert Gaf team 4)

Team Hoser Land vs Team Philly sounds good.

Top Bottom