• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

TONX said:
Soooo close to my Arc Charger + Up Your Arsenal medal! 5 more! Hopefully i can get it tonight. Here's the poster for the people that didnt see it through PSN.

Resistancetournament.jpg
That is so awesome! You're one lucky SOB.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Can really tellyou haven't been on much when you said Oh Aeon is cocky, I was gonna say hells yea I am but I was still in no talk mode :(.

That would've had me cracking up, out of all the spectators did anyone cheer for me atleast once :lol.

I was cracking up when you started chanting die by the fire, die by the fire when I was on fire after a kill.

I was cheering for ya, Maroon 5 fans must unite!!!
angry.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Maggot9 said:
Where did you get that?

Won a writing contest on G.A.P. and they flew me to Insomniac to play in the first Resistance Tournament. got 10th place and won this poster :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:
:lol

Last night was all kinds of awesome though that girl really did sound high, I was like wtf is she saying. Stevenson had to identify what match type we were playing to her :lol.

I dunno what was more fun, playing against Tanod, dealing with that one guy constant messages of a 1v1 and me being too scared so he'll do a 2v2. Or when Stevenson showed up and everyone told me to be nice and not talk:lol

Least your friends don't call you a white boy cause you listen to Maroon 5, Hinder, Breaking Benjamin etc :(.

Hey --- she just likes deathmatch and I was noting that it was her gametype of choice.

And be careful, she kicks serious ass.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tanod said:
JS, BTW: Did you bring home a dev kit to test a build of the E3 demo or the final game?

I actually had to take it offsite for some E3 footage capture today, I live between Hollywood and the office, and I didn't want to drive back to the office to pick it up in the morning.

So there ya go. I didn't even play it at home.

dralla

did anyone get that Resistance package in the mail? I thought I was being recruited by the army, turns out it was just an ad for Resistance :]

rc213

Maybe some of the seasoned vets here can help me. I just got a Motorola H300 Bluetooth headset but I can't get it to work in Resistance online. In XMB I registered the headset and went into the audio options and the H300 was selected in both options and I can see the db meter move. But when I try and join an online game all I can hear is static. Same with Calling All Cars but a few people said they could hear me but all I could hear was the static. =\

TONX

rc213 said:
Maybe some of the seasoned vets here can help me. I just got a Motorola H300 Bluetooth headset but I can't get it to work in Resistance online. In XMB I registered the headset and went into the audio options and the H300 was selected in both options and I can see the db meter move. But when I try and join an online game all I can hear is static. Same with Calling All Cars but a few people said they could hear me but all I could hear was the static. =\

It's a glitch with the 1.8 firmware. There's an update coming today that should fix this problem, along with some other known bugs.

rc213

TONX said:
It's a glitch with the 1.8 firmware. There's an update coming today that should fix this problem, along with some other known bugs.

Thank you for the quick response. I'm gonna wait for this update before I continue to attempt fixing this issue.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fight for Freeform said:
With the worldwide patch...will we need to delete some people from the clan roster or has that been updated?
As far as people that have accepted invites to the North American clan, we stand at about 170 "active" members right now, leaving only 30 more slots. I haven't done any purging yet. The current Japanese clan is probably small, but last I saw of the European clan, it was growing at a healthy pace.

Full Roster for NA clan here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw

If we want to merge the clans it's highly likely we'll have to do some fairly aggressive purging, which would would require some work on somebody's part to identify who should be purged. But we still might end up creating a situation where we max out the size for one clan and end up needing to create an additional NeoGAF clan anyway. So maybe we're just better off keeping the clans the way they are.

tanod

when is my burrito
If we need a purge, delete those who are a Private.

It means they haven't played more than a half hour online in the 7 months this game has been out.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
minty, did I ever send you an invite to the clan? If so, apologies, I must have missed adding you to the roster. Confirm your PSN ID and I'll add if you're already a part of the clan.

tanod said:
If we need a purge, delete those who are a Private.

It means they haven't played more than a half hour online in the 7 months this game has been out.
How about # of Ranked games played? I can pull that from players' myresistance stats page. I can't get player's actual Rank from anything other than the game itself, and that's just tedious when I can probably come up with a way to mine the stats page on myresistance.net to automatically grab something like the # of Ranked games played and decide what to do with the clan member based on that number.

mintylurb

kaching said:
minty, did I ever send you an invite to the clan? If so, apologies, I must have missed adding you to the roster. Confirm your PSN ID and I'll add if you're already a part of the clan.
yeah you did. I'm already in the clan. I prob got left out of the roster cause I'm so awful ;d. I can see it. It's minty! disband !! Anyway, my PSN ID is same as my nick: mintylurb

gogogow

This is so not cool. Why is my rank lower than before?

I was brigadier colonel (one big star), now I'm back to colonel (eagle).

The other Eurogaffers seems unaffected.

What the hell happened?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
gogogow said:
This is so not cool. Why is my rank lower than before?

I was brigadier colonel (one big star), now I'm back to colonel (eagle).

The other Eurogaffers seems unaffected.

What the hell happened?

i have the same problem, except i'm in America. AND I'M BACK TO A PRIVATE!!!

WTF!!!

PRACTICALLY ALL MY STATS ARE GONE! I have only a few ribbons left

can someone tell me what the HELL is going on with that?

Aeon712

w00t Aeon got his 20 kill medal, It felt like the whole world was against me as they all came rushing at me and fell down one by one at my mighty carbine. Never forget that the guy that got 112 kills in a single ranked game also reached the milestone that is known as the 20kill medal...
it was against three people then two quit

Big ups to Loco, Efertlis, Sutdawg and M3 for containing themselves from taking the last kill.

JStevenson we played with another Insomniac member tonight (AOD)Daulton, was cool seeing another dev on besides you and Ross. Either he didn't have a mic or you told him if you ever see (Gaf) Aeon712 don't talk to him :(.

TONX

Aeon712 said:
w00t Aeon got his 20 kill medal, It felt like the whole world was against me as they all came rushing at me and fell down one by one at my mighty carbine. Never forget that the guy that got 112 kills in a single ranked game also reached the milestone that is known as the 20kill medal...
it was against three people then two quit

Big ups to Loco, Efertlis, Sutdawg and M3 for containing themselves from taking the last kill.

JStevenson we played with another Insomniac member tonight (AOD)Daulton, was cool seeing another dev on besides you and Ross. Either he didn't have a mic or you told him if you ever see (Gaf) Aeon712 don't talk to him :(.

You lucky bastard! i need to get my 20 kills. i ended up getting the UYA medal right after you left the other night. :D.

xintin

oh ok, so the one week i decide to buy pokeymans you guys decide to have the most fun evar on rfom.

i see how it is ;-;

patsu

Aeon712 said:
w00t Aeon got his 20 kill medal, It felt like the whole world was against me as they all came rushing at me and fell down one by one at my mighty carbine.

:lol Did they like line up one after another in front of you to get some ? Anyway, congrats !

I knew I should have hopped on tonight :(

Spooks

xintin said:
oh ok, so the one week i decide to buy pokeymans you guys decide to have the most fun evar on rfom.

i see how it is ;-;
I feel your pain :(. I will not miss tomorrow nights game though :).

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Aeon got his 20 kill medal
Took you long enough ;P

Nah j/k, congratz and welcome to the club :lol

I got only four medals left to get:

Insomniac (Compete in 5000 online matches)
Precise Shot (Finish 10 matches with an accuracy of least 85%)
Unerring Aim (Finish 20 matches with an accuracy of least 85%)
Base Defender (Get 2000 defensive kills across all game modes)

The accuracy medals are do-able ... but base defender and insomniac will require some serious grinding :(

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ChryZ said:
Took you long enough ;P

Nah j/k, congratz and welcome to the club :lol

I got only four medals left to get:

Insomniac (Compete in 5000 online matches)
Precise Shot (Finish 10 matches with an accuracy of least 85%)
Unerring Aim (Finish 20 matches with an accuracy of least 85%)
Base Defender (Get 2000 defensive kills across all game modes)

The accuracy medals are do-able ... but base defender and insomniac will require some serious grinding :(

I need to play 2432 more rounds to get the Insomniac one and 386 defense kills for the Base Defender. Being that I have five 19 kill sprees, I think I may get both of those medals before I catch you, Aeon, Click and Lunlun with the 20 kill medal. Bastards :lol

ChryZ

Beatbox said:
Being that I have five 19 kill sprees, I think I may get both of those medals before I catch you, Aeon, Click and Lunlun with the 20 kill medal. Bastards :lol
Five 19 kills sprees, holy crap. That's pretty impressive.

I was pretty LTTP and joined the fun in February, being a fps n00b and all I only managed to score a few 12 kills sprees, once a 15 and a few weeks later that 23 one. I consider it one of my few bright moments :lol

Aeon712

patsu said:
:lol Did they like line up one after another in front of you to get some ? Anyway, congrats !
Thanks, and they might as well have been in a line as easily as I was taking them out. I never once came under 3 bars of health :).
You lucky bastard! i need to get my 20 kills. i ended up getting the UYA medal right after you left the other night. .
Isn't it such a sweet looking medal
Took you long enough ;P
Nah j/k, congratz and welcome to the club
Thanks, :lol, I now need 20 stealth kills, 1116 def kills, and 3232 games to become an Insomniac :(. Def kills wouldn't be too hard if I didn't always kill people before they reached the def kill area. We also have a habit of being on the offensive most Objectives.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
Thanks, and they might as well have been in a line as easily as I was taking them out. I never once came under 3 bars of health :)

Dang ! I need to make a new list. I have a list of people to avoid in Deathmatches. Click is one of them as I ran into him twice in late night games. On paper, I only died once fighting him, and that's because I spawn right in front of him. Usually, I turn around and go the other way when I see him. :lol

That also means that I am talented in running away and escaping death. Do they have a medal for it ?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:

Oh, I don't have to tell them that - they read NeoGAF too... ;-) (I kid, I kid...)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pacman2k said:
I think I need to go pick up a headset.

I want to hear people making fun of my pathetic skills.

You don't need to buy a headset for that. Just go to the XMB -> Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings -> Output Device -> System Default

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Killthee said:
You don't need to buy a headset for that. Just go to the XMB -> Settings -> Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings -> Output Device -> System Default

oh no way, it works like that?

i know that Warhawk did it automatically...but i just drowned it out cause it was annoying people talking.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
davepoobond said:

i know that Warhawk did it automatically...but i just drowned it out cause it was annoying people talking.

Warhawk does it automatically if it can't find a headset. Every other game needs it to be turned on from the XMB option.

The Jer

davepoobond said:

I hope Warhawk doesn't do it automatically when the final game releases.
Motorstorm does it automatically over the speakers if you aren't using a mic and it's one of the most annoying things ever.

They give the option of how where you want the mic audio to come from (if at all) for a reason.

Games need to use the audio options given by the XMB settings as standard.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
That'd be a great milestone if true, but weren't they just passing the 1 million milestone a couple of months ago?

Jim said:
Don't know if this was somehow lost in the previous pages, but in some article about the whole Manchester Cathedral crap:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PPE8KG0&show_article=1

If so, congrats to J and Insomniac :)
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PPE8KG0&show_article=1

LONDON (AP) - Sony Corp. apologized Friday to the Church of England for a violent computer game that features a bloody shootout inside an Anglican cathedral.

The church had demanded withdrawal of the game "Resistance: Fall of Man," which includes a gunbattle between an American soldier and aliens inside a building that resembles Manchester Cathedral in northwest England.

The cathedral's dean, the Very Rev. Rogers Govender, said he had received a letter from Sony.

"It was not our intention to cause offense by using a representation of Manchester Cathedral in chapter eight of the work," the letter said. "If we have done so, we sincerely apologize."

A Sony spokesman confirmed the letter was genuine and said it included the offer of a meeting between Sony representatives and church officials. Govender said the cathedral would accept the offer. He thanked Sony for the apology, but underlined the church's opposition to violence, "and especially the gun violence seen in this portrayal of the cathedral."

He said the church wanted to discuss its outstanding demands, which include withdrawal of the game and a donation to the church's education department, which works to fight gun violence in Manchester.

Earlier this week, the church called for Japanese citizens to join in a campaign against the game, which was manufactured for Sony's new PlayStation 3 console.

"For a global manufacturer to recreate the interior of any religious building such as a mosque, synagogue, or in this case, a cathedral, with photo realistic quality and then encourage people to have gunbattles in the building is beyond belief and in our view highly irresponsible," Govender said Wednesday.

Prime Minister Tony Blair told lawmakers that companies like Sony should focus on their wider social responsibilities and not just profit. The church was particularly concerned because Manchester has a history of gang-related gun violence.

In its letter, Sony said it did not accept "that there is any connection between contemporary issues in 21st century Manchester and the work of science fiction in which a fictitious 1950s Britain is under attack by aliens."

"We believe a comprehensive viewing of the work will make its content and context clear," Sony said, adding that "Resistance: Fall of Man" has sold more than 2 million units around the world.

Dumb Church. "Oh wee it's a chance to get attentions. Lets MILK it until we get our way!"

Top Bottom