• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
w00t Aeon got his 20 kill medal, It felt like the whole world was against me as they all came rushing at me and fell down one by one at my mighty carbine. Never forget that the guy that got 112 kills in a single ranked game also reached the milestone that is known as the 20kill medal...
it was against three people then two quit
:lol

Big ups to Loco, Efertlis, Sutdawg and M3 for containing themselves from taking the last kill.

You lucky bastard, you left out the part that it was 5 on 1 and the only barrels were the ones efertlis blew up, killing me and ending my 17 kill streak!
Now I'm stuck with streaks of 2, 17 kills, 3 18 kills(two of which ended with the round being over) and 1, 19 kill streak. I'm not talking to you until I get my 20 kill medal... Papa squad will have to play in silence! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
43ef1d0c46abc.jpg

^^ WAKE UP M3!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

GAMEBATTLE IS ALL I NEED
IN DARKNESS GB IS ALL I SEE
COME AND BLOW UP SOME BARRELZ WITH ME
BLOWING UP BARRELZ IN GAMEBATTLE
AND I NEVER WANNA LEAVE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

patsu

Ah Friday night :(

I have to apologize for my constant absense from the clan. Took up an interesting project 2 hours from home (4 hours drive daily). Hardly have time for family... and sleep. But I'll be back... especially with the new maps.

Not that it makes a difference... with people like Sutdawg, Big-E, Efertlis, lunlunqq around. I heard there is a bright and rising star Aeon making an entrance... but he tends to fall down and get killed by barrels :p

Plus he whined too much about late maps. Please when you kill Chimeras tonight... add one more shot to the kill for me. :D

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
You lucky bastard, you left out the part that it was 5 on 1 and the only barrels were the ones efertlis blew up, killing me and ending my 17 kill streak!
Now I'm stuck with streaks of 2, 17 kills, 3 18 kills(two of which ended with the round being over) and 1, 19 kill streak. I'm not talking to you until I get my 20 kill medal... Papa squad will have to play in silence! :lol
:lol
What Aeon has the 20 kill medal? I feel depressed now.
:D
But I'll be back... especially with the new maps.
Sweet, that makes you and Click(according to his psn message he'll be back when the maps or out or warhawk beta ends).

I'll be on as soon as I finish actually making some prograss on taking over the world with Lu Bu in Romance Of the Kingdoms XI

Kittonwy

Banned
Just say you'll gb for teh rest of your life
I got a lot of gb and I don't wanna leggo
Will u still gb for teh rest of my life
Cuz I can't go on
No I can't go on
I can't go on
If I'm on my own
I can't go on
No I can't go on

Cuz I can't go on (will u still gb)
No I can't go on (just say you'll gb)
Can't go on without gb I can call my own

I'm goin' in.
Indifferent2.gif

Angelcurio

Jesus Christ, M3freak is now my now idol. He managed to resolve my router problems, not only i can finally play Resistance online again, i can also finally play the warhawk beta.

Thanks a lot man, seriously, thanks A LOT.

The only remaining problem is with Calling all cars and motorstorm. I still cant play those games onlines, i still receive those "unable to connect to the server" errors.

tanod

when is my burrito
Holy Cow at [FTW]. Hope we don't run into them that often. That would kill the game REAL quick. Kill it with fire. See you guys tomorrow.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
careksims said:
Yeah I noticed ;[ Did M3Freak get d/ced the last d/m match? I know I the game ended suddenly. Was having a good time.

yeah i was actually having a good game, too.

made no sense why the whole game just dropped out.

M3Freak

Banned
davepoobond said:
yeah i was actually having a good game, too.

made no sense why the whole game just dropped out.

I got a network error, was disconnected, and got dropped back to the main game menu. I just quit the game after that.

I was having fun too, damn it. I was going to make up all of my deaths and then some with that one match. Sucks....

Azrael

I think the ideal compromise would be to eliminate the Manchester level from multiplayer and replace it with a new level that preserves the same layout but changes the graphics (eg. make it set around a castle instead), and make no changes to the single player. Probably could be done with a patch.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Big-E said:
Team Hoser Land needs to represent in that tourney. Can't let team Philly take it.

Check out the rules about half way down the image. Open to U.S. Residents Only.

ChryZ

AcidIce and myself played a few games last night. He was doing an excellent job, but I did really bad. Sometimes really really bad. Later on I found out, that fullrange rgb kicked in, thanks to fw1.81 (I stopped re-activating it under 1.80) and the picture got a lot darker. Too dark for certain areas. My headshot performance improved dramatically, after I tuned up the brightness of my TV :lol

FightyF

Banned
Azrael said:
I think the ideal compromise would be to eliminate the Manchester level from multiplayer and replace it with a new level that preserves the same layout but changes the graphics (eg. make it set around a castle instead), and make no changes to the single player. Probably could be done with a patch.

No.

Just no.

Kittonwy

Banned
Beatbox said:
Check out the rules about half way down the image. Open to U.S. Residents Only.

WUTWUTWUT? You mean Hoserland isn't one of teh states anymore? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! RISE UP MY FELLOW HOSER BROTHERS AND FIGHT AGAINST THIS PERSECUTION!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Remy

Man, I can win a trip to NYC if I do well in that tournament?

Awesome!

They can pay for me to take a cab to midtown I suppose!

Aeon712

Azrael said:
We don't need no compromise, like Sutdawg mentioned earlier in the thread if Papa(does anyone even call it the cathedral) ever gets boarded up I riot.

I was so happy to get +3100 then we got wrecked by FTW followed by losing that Meltdown and now I'm only +3092. Outrage total people, you guys need to listen when we say that some people are good (we knew cause we played them before) instead of all talking over each other in the lobby.

Kittonwy

Banned
smiling_cat.jpg

^^ WHAT TEH HELL ARE YOU SO HAPPY ABOUT??? IT'S GAME BATTLE, TIME TO GET SERIOUS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

But I know y'all wanted that 808
Can ya feel that G-A-M-E battle on CATURDAY
But I know y'all wanted that 808
Can ya feel that G-A-M-E battle on CATURDAY

It doesn't rhyme, so sue me. LOLOLOL.

I WUV TEH WAY YOU GB
DUH DUH DUH
I WUV TEH WAY YOU GB WOWOWO
DUH DUH DUH
I WUV TEH WAY YOU GB
DUH DUH DUH
I WUV TEH WAY
I WUV TEH WAY!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i'm not going to be able to play with you guys today. sorry :(

i promise to make more of a commitment once summer school is over.

Kittonwy said:
WUTWUTWUT? You mean Hoserland isn't one of teh states anymore? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! RISE UP MY FELLOW HOSER BROTHERS AND FIGHT AGAINST THIS PERSECUTION!!!111!!!
angry.gif

(Imagines Kittonwy's Navy, training in Kanadia....)

502vlhe.jpg

"Hay guys, keep paddling while I play some sweet 80's records for INSPIRASHUN!"

(Imagines Kittonwy's Navy SEALS...)

6f8hdhw.jpg

"RAWR!"

FightyF

Banned
Angelcurio said:
I hope in tonights game we dont receive another weird network error. The last one froze my ps3.

I used to have those, but last night went pretty smooth for me.

My H359 headset is working fine too. Initially it didn't work, but then I charged it for a couple rounds and it worked again. You see, I left it plugged in over the week, and I've heard that after it charges the power dissappates slowly over time.

I got hockey tonight but I might be on after 10pm MST. There's also a GAF Endurance Race in Forza 2 I'd like to spectate too...but I suppose playing is better than spectating :p. Maybe I'll catch the last 5 minutes of the hour long race.

Am I the only one who thinks we need a TDM gameplan for some of these sniper friendly maps? I think that accounts for the reason why we lost. Sure, those guys are experienced, but that only means that they have a practiced system that works. I think that many of the guys on our team are just as skilled. i have a sneaking suspicion that their large k/d ratio is a result of their gameplan rather than their skills. Even their "worst" players had 9 kills and 2 deaths...really didn't face a lot of action. Their best players are clearly skilled, regardless of their gameplan (like RoboRob http://myresistance.net/ostat.php?pname=RoboRob)...but still.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Fight for Freeform said:
Am I the only one who thinks we need a TDM gameplan for some of these sniper friendly maps? I think that accounts for the reason why we lost. Sure, those guys are experienced, but that only means that they have a practiced system that works. I think that many of the guys on our team are just as skilled. i have a sneaking suspicion that their large k/d ratio is a result of their gameplan rather than their skills. Even their "worst" players had 9 kills and 2 deaths...really didn't face a lot of action. Their best players are clearly skilled, regardless of their gameplan (like RoboRob http://myresistance.net/ostat.php?pname=RoboRob)...but still.

I like the thought but to be honest they really were a lot better than us individually and as a team. I'm an above average sniper but got out sniped by 6 or 7 different guys at Manchester last night. The only strategy that may have made that game less of a slaughterhouse would have been to all out rush the cathedral rooftop. That's where they did a ton of their sniping/grenading from. I think it's okay to accept defeat from the top 3 or 4 clans every now and then.

Kittonwy

Banned
I guess we sort of redeemed ourselves when M3 joined and won back a few after getting our asses kicked in that assault and meltdown game. Somebody was yelling about a sniper but I don't know where he was.
gladtomeetya.gif

patsu

Aeon712 said:
I was so happy to get +3100 then we got wrecked by FTW followed by losing that Meltdown and now I'm only +3092. Outrage total people, you guys need to listen when we say that some people are good (we knew cause we played them before) instead of all talking over each other in the lobby.

Yeah I played against (and with) FTW a couple of times. They were one of those Sniper Wall teams I faced.

Beatbox said:
I like the thought but to be honest they really were a lot better than us individually and as a team. I'm an above average sniper but got out sniped by 6 or 7 different guys at Manchester last night. The only strategy that may have made that game less of a slaughterhouse would have been to all out rush the cathedral rooftop. That's where they did a ton of their sniping/grenading from. I think it's okay to accept defeat from the top 3 or 4 clans every now and then.

Are you sure you're not being fired upon by like 3-5 snipers at the same time ? When I played against these teams in Somerset, there were usually multiple snipers, sometimes as many as 7, plus 2-3 LAARkers. Most people would quit and I'm usually one of the few (sometimes the only one) left behind.

That's where I perfect my teleport/escape/bullet dodging skills like Neo... at least that's what I imagined. :lol

jstevenson, give me the power to summon a Stalker.

Top Bottom