• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

careksims said:
That's weird it takes a hit. I figured you get more since the action isn't as frantic.
After being positive the whole night that last round was killer on my k/d since it required me many times to just run into Papa with like 8-10 enemy's and bypass them to shoot the node once or twice with the shotgun/arc charger. End result was me going 30/40 :(.

Angelcurio

Fight for Freeform said:
angel, what I did to get my H350 headset going was, well, I'll explain the whole situation because I don't know what step caused it to work.

I had my H350 plugged to the wall charged overnight. I had my PS3 on folding for a while. I had to plug in my wired connection and set my IP and all that jazz. Linked the headset successfully to the PS3. Tried to test it in audio settings, it wasn't working. Then tried to re-couple it with the PS3, and it wouldn't work. Tried turning the headset on and off and tried scanning again, and again, still wouldn't work. So I turn off the headset, and turn off the PS3. I plug in the HS to the wall again. I unplug it. I turn on the PS3, I am able to recouple it, and I go into audio settings to test it and it works. And then it worked in-game.

I have a feeling that if I have my PS3 off, I make sure the headest is off, and plug it to the wall to "reset" it, and then turn on the PS3, scan for the headset, find it and test it, it should work.

It's a lengthy workaround but it will work until I find a Socom USB headset.
Its a really weird solution, but i will still try it when i go back home.

FightyF

Banned
Got a question for the Insomniac crew...

Does the new patch change anything in regards to determining what objective mode is chosen when one chooses to play "Team Objective"?

Lately I've been joining the party rather late, and by that time there are 10-13 players in the party. I haven't played Breach or Assault in a while, I wonder if that's going to be changed.

tanod

when is my burrito
Fight for Freeform said:
Got a question for the Insomniac crew...

Does the new patch change anything in regards to determining what objective mode is chosen when one chooses to play "Team Objective"?

Lately I've been joining the party rather late, and by that time there are 10-13 players in the party. I haven't played Breach or Assault in a while, I wonder if that's going to be changed.

I believe JS said that there was a fix coming that would lower the player minimums for assault and breach, partially due to the spreadsheet we sent him. I don't know if that's going live with the patch or if it's a server side thing and already done but anyways, we're still WAITING for confirmation.

careksims

Aeon712 said:
After being positive the whole night that last round was killer on my k/d since it required me many times to just run into Papa with like 8-10 enemy's and bypass them to shoot the node once or twice with the shotgun/arc charger. End result was me going 30/40 :(.

Ugh yeah... that one killed my k/d when I want it to be up. So when I find that something like Papa is a lost cause - DON'T GO there over and over again! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
careksims said:
Ugh yeah... that one killed my k/d when I want it to be up. So when I find that something like Papa is a lost cause - DON'T GO there over and over again! :lol

Sometimes you just have to throw bodies at a node to keep it in play instead of letting the opposition have it, personally I prefer to sacrifice k/d for the team win, papa is a major connection node, in a way when you have people spawning from papa, your home node and side node like November is better shielded because you're taking most of the pressure at Papa (and exerting pressure from papa), probably why the other team put so many people on it.

I wonder if the home/oscar/november strategy would hold though since the three are pretty far from each other and it's hard to move people from one to another other than spawning after dying, if there's a way to win easily without grabbing papa, I would be interested, oscar is kind of far so getting to it at the beginning of the round might be difficult. I'm not opposed to strategies that don't involved destroying one's k/d but it's a matter of logistics, kind of like the kilo/lima situation in manchester.
Indifferent2.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I'm watching AcidIce getting ripped up by BobTheFork as we speak. This tournament is gonna be tough.

FightyF

Banned
tanod said:
I believe JS said that there was a fix coming that would lower the player minimums for assault and breach, partially due to the spreadsheet we sent him. I don't know if that's going live with the patch or if it's a server side thing and already done but anyways, we're still WAITING for confirmation.

I really hope so!

I remember saying that once Warhawk comes out, I'd probably be all over that as I'm getting sick of the modes we always get...and the funny thing is that there are some who have the Warhawk beta and haven't been back playing Resistance in a while now.

So I really hope it's addressed sooner than later.

I'm gonna try to make it to the parties a bit earlier as well, so that our numbers can be larger. I usually join at 9pm MST, I'll try to be on after supper (7pm MST).

Meltdown is fun, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice for it to be mixed up a bit. Variety is good.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Orlics said:
So I booted up my Triple thinking that they would already have applied the worldwide servers... but they haven't?

:(

Nope, still not up and no update on the status either... -_-

Kittonwy

Banned
lolcatsdotcom.jpg

^^ GET YOUR CHICK OFF YOUR BACK!!! IT'S TIME FOR GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

TRAINING FOR TEH TOURNEY BEGINS YA BUM!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

lynux3

I need help GAF. I need a good router for my Resistance online gaming needs!

I have a LinkSys WRT54G and it constantly boots me off from the network. I always get connection errors via wireless from my PS3. It also happens to my PC so it is definitely not my PS3's wireless NIC.

What I'm looking for is a router that has some kind of range boost/extension so that I can get a decent connection without worrying about getting booted off the network. I normally get 50-55% signal and my wireless router is about 20 feet away.

Big-E

lynux3 said:

I have a LinkSys WRT54G and it constantly boots me off from the network. I always get connection errors via wireless from my PS3. It also happens to my PC so it is definitely not my PS3's wireless NIC.

What I'm looking for is a router that has some kind of range boost/extension so that I can get a decent connection without worrying about getting booted off the network. I normally get 50-55% signal and my wireless router is about 20 feet away.

I think I have this router. Are the problems you have been experiencing new? A lot of people, myself included, had problems with the 1.8 update. If that is the case you can try setting up a static ip for the ps3 and open up dmz for that ip address.

lynux3

Big-E said:
I think I have this router. Are the problems you have been experiencing new? A lot of people, myself included, had problems with the 1.8 update. If that is the case you can try setting up a static ip for the ps3 and open up dmz for that ip address.

They've been consistent on a daily basis, even before the 1.80/1.81 updates.

I will try doing that. If this does not solve the problem, do you know of any routers that extend further in terms of signal range?

Big-E

lynux3 said:
They've been consistent on a daily basis, even before the 1.80/1.81 updates.

I will try doing that. If this does not solve the problem, do you know of any routers that extend further in terms of signal range?

Sorry I don't know. I think most routers now offer a range boost. You should check your PS3's NAT type. Go into network settings on the PS3 and look for it. You want NAT Type 2. Opening the DMZ should change it to NAT 2.

lynux3

Big-E said:
Sorry I don't know. I think most routers now offer a range boost. You should check your PS3's NAT type. Go into network settings on the PS3 and look for it. You want NAT Type 2. Opening the DMZ should change it to NAT 2.

It has always been on NAT Type 2.

djkimothy

It's been a while since I've joined a GAF resistance game. I'll try to make it tonight!

It's been so long in fact that I've been demoted. :(

tanod

when is my burrito
The new maps are out
rageously late and it's really frustrating. If they're not this week, I'll probably be playing NG: Sigma and a couple RPGs I want to play through again this summer instead of getting them.

Most of you are lucky you've been able to play WarHawk all this time.

JS, what's up?

Aeon712

lolcatsdotcom.jpg

It's sooooo cute :)

And yea I hope Sony doesn't plan on Cockblocking Sigma by releasing the maps the same way they blocked Virtua Fighter by releasing Tekken the same week.

And meh to warhawk, it's not all it's cracked up to be. I think we've only lost Click to it. And he's said once the maps come out he'll be right back with us but the beta will prob be over by time we get them.

Fun, fun, fun playing w/ Sut, Eferliss, and Mr. Fork last night. (Yeah, me in that group is pretty funny...) Got a lot of Dragon kills. Getting so close to the "Up Your Arsenal" medal...wont be long now.

Surprised to see Aeon was AWOL from training though... :(

sutdawg

Pristine_Condition said:
Fun, fun, fun playing w/ Sut, Eferliss, and Mr. Fork last night. (Yeah, me in that group is pretty funny...) Got a lot of Dragon kills. Getting so close to the "Up Your Arsenal" medal...wont be long now.

GAeon was there but then he had to go to sleep!

Edit: I mean Aeon was there..... :lol

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
I was there for 4 training games, First was me and Bob beating up on each other, then me and Acid, then Bob and Acid. Followed by Efertlis shooting the tag at a wall the whole match while me and Sutdawg took on Bob, Acid and V1c :lol.
sutdawg said:
GAeon was there but then he had to go to sleep!

Edit: I mean Aeon was there..... :lol
Just because I listen to Maroon 5 and worry about my hair more then a chick means nothing...

Greg

Damnit, I can't get into the game anymore. Played last night for a total of 3 rounds before I quit in the middle of the 4th because I wasn't having fun at all.

Not even sure if I'll get the new maps now - the game just never felt the same to me after the first patch, and I think I do more complaining/catching up than I do having fun. :lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Greg said:
Damnit, I can't get into the game anymore. Played last night for a total of 3 rounds before I quit in the middle of the 4th because I wasn't having fun at all.

Not even sure if I'll get the new maps now - the game just never felt the same to me after the first patch, and I think I do more complaining/catching up than I do having fun. :lol

I tried getting the smack talk going with you...but after two rounds I realized I had my mute on and you had already left. Damn you.

Maggot9

Banned
lynux3 said:

You dont need a new router, you need to tamper with your settings. I have the same router (Wireless Linksys G with Speedbooster), and i USED to get occasional problems with disconnecting, now theyre all gone. Signal strength really does not matter, it seems. My PS3 is 2 floors above my router, and I get anywhere from 20-45%. It seems like the only thing that matters is if you get a signal at all. Even at 15%, I could play Motorstorm and Resistance with no lag.

Kittonwy

Banned
Greg said:

Why don't you play with us tonight? Honestly I think Resistance is simply geared more towards clan play.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
I was there for 4 training games, First was me and Bob beating up on each other, then me and Acid, then Bob and Acid. Followed by Efertlis shooting the tag at a wall the whole match while me and Sutdawg took on Bob, Acid and V1c :lol.

Just because I listen to Maroon 5 and worry about my hair more then a chick means nothing...

Maroon 5 pwnz.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

Greg said:

I noticed that if I left the game for an extended period, it will take me about a week to adjust to the pace (playing every day !). Perhaps the player matching system is also trying to fine-tune the criteria ?

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
I want to play tonight, but I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake. I'll try to get in a couple of games before falling asleep and dreaming of riding the shaft in the new maps.

Fixed :)

FightyF

Banned
In order for me to catch the games in a timely fashion, when do most of you plan to hop on? In 2 hours? In 3? If you state it that way I don't have to do any time conversion. :)

FightyF

Banned
lynux3 said:

This has started to happen to me as well. Ever since 5 months ago. I've had this router for a few years too. Right now I just wire my PS3 (have a wire going through floors). Except that I usually do it for my 360 so I have to take it out and pop it in the PS3, I need to set up a switch downstairs. I got way too many tings to do...and yet I'd rather play games than to do them. :p

careksims

sutdawg said:
Originally Posted by M3Freak:
I want to play tonight, but I don't know if I'll be able to stay awake. I'll try to get in a couple of games before falling asleep and dreaming of riding the shaft in the new maps.

Fixed

Poor M3Freak!

sutdawg

Fight for Freeform said:
In order for me to catch the games in a timely fashion, when do most of you plan to hop on? In 2 hours? In 3? If you state it that way I don't have to do any time conversion. :)

I'll be on within an hour. usually we'll have a good group of people around 1 1/2 from now.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
OMG
online today i died a Horrible death.....dunno if it was a glitch or not

in Manchester i jumped on one of those vent pads under one of the bridge, but i was sprinting so instead of going over it, i hit under the bridge while going up and died...i was sad.

Aeon712

~Devil Trigger~ said:
OMG
online today i died a Horrible death.....dunno if it was a glitch or not

in Manchester i jumped on one of those vent pads under one of the bridge, but i was sprinting so instead of going over it, i hit under the bridge while going up and died...i was sad.
:lol that happened to me once on 8 player somerset, thought I was decap'd. Darn phantom deaths :(.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Man, going from HD to SD sucks. Its messing up my game soo bad! Those tournament practice matches we had today were horrible. I'm buying a new tv ASAP.

We seriously need to find a way to combat the FTW clan if we have any chance of winning the tournament. RougE devoured me whole today.

Aeon712

TONX said:
Man, going from HD to SD sucks. Its messing up my game soo bad! Those tournament practice matches we had today were horrible. I'm buying a new tv ASAP.

We seriously need to find a way to combat the FTW clan if we have any chance of winning the tournament. RougE devoured me whole today.
Seriously, I really don't think that was him that first round where we owned him cause that second round he was completely different and ran right through me, you, acid and djkimothy.

Gonna enjoy owning him in New York.

Geoff9920

Just picked up a ps3 and resistance. :D Anyone have any recommendations for cheap bluetooth headset for when I get a chance to go online?

I signed up for PSN, just stuck with my GAF name for my PSN login - Geoff990 Not original, but it works. Is there any to change if I get sick of it?

edit: can't even spell my own GAF name correctly. :p It's Geoff9920 obviously.

ascii42

Geoff9920 said:
Just picked up a ps3 and resistance. :D Anyone have any recommendations for cheap bluetooth headset for when I get a chance to go online?

I signed up for PSN, just stuck with my GAF name for my PSN login - Geoff990 Not original, but it works. Is there any to change if I get sick of it?
Not that I know of, though obviously you could just make a new one, with your stats reset of course.

Top Bottom