• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
New Maps
New Maps
Firmware Update
CoD4 Demo
New Maps
New Maps

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Haha, needed that fix just like the rest of us :).

Starts chanting with Patsu

New maps
New maps
Firmware update(to fix my bt headset)
Lair demo
New maps
New maps

New maps
New maps
Firmware update(XMB cross-game messaging)
Lair demo
New maps
New maps
Kitten world domination by caturday rawr

Indifferent2.gif

patsu

:lol

tanod said:
New maps
New maps
Firmware update
Lair demo
New maps
New maps
World peace <<< Belongs to beauty pageants @_@. Should be: World peace outside Nottingham, Manchester, Grimsby, Bus Yard, The Mall and Lexington. I need my Human vs Human TDM fix.

sutdawg

New maps
New maps
Firmware update
Lair demo
M3 gets to ride the shaft he's been dreaming of
New maps
1st place for team Philly Gaf in tournament
1st place for Bob 1 v 1 tournament

careksims

Why has Sony forsaken us!?

New Maps!
New Maps!
New Cats!
New Maps!
New Maps!

I also agree on Caturday, Lair demo, and Team Philly and Bob winning

FightyF

Banned
I was patient at first, and I still am patient, but I think it's somewhat silly that it's been delayed this long. It's the 21st...and weren't they originally supposed to be out on the 7th?

Almost as bad as the Forza 2 demo being promised for April...and so April 1st went by and we all expected it and it was a no show. Well...it wasn't until May that we got it.

But I'm surprised because it looked like the release was SO close. Ah well. Like I said, I'm patient, and perhaps that's because I'm nowhere near bored of this game online. I still find it fun and maybe that's because I haven't played it as much as some of the hardcore Res fans, but I'm still "Lovin' it(TM)".

so far, the busyard has been the hardest map for me. Just too much open space to get hit around. People im capable of shooting are snipping me out. Need to work on it.
Thx to those that were playing grenades only with me last night. its was actually lots of fun .

Aeon712

Fight for Freeform said:
I was patient at first, and I still am patient, but I think it's somewhat silly that it's been delayed this long. It's the 21st...and weren't they originally supposed to be out on the 7th?
Origionally they were supposed to be out in May, then May became June 7th and June 7th became Vaporware. Ah well next week my money is going to Stardust so I hope they don't plan on releasing them then.

womfalcs3

Banned
BobTheFork said:
so far, the busyard has been the hardest map for me. Just too much open space to get hit around. People im capable of shooting are snipping me out. Need to work on it.
Thx to those that were playing grenades only with me last night. its was actually lots of fun .

In the bus yard, I have a simple strategy that works 90% of the time. I have an "L" route that I take. I start at the corner where you have the concentration of buses (location of a hedgehog grenade), and make my way up to the sniping platform. There, I collect the air-fuel grenade and keep running to the little room. There, I throw all my grenades in many directions (concentrating on the area where you have the upper level sniping room). Then I keep going towards the hedgehog grenades in that broken single-room structure, and make my way about 10 meters to the bus nearby where you have the AF grenades. I throw them too. I start the whole journey again vice versa.

I get many kills that way. I also kill as I run using my firearms to it's a double-edged sword.

Listening to the podcast now. Kellee Santiago from That Games Company (FlOw) is the mystery guest and she announced in exclusive breaking news fashion that their next game is underway, and Jenova Chen has returned from his work on Spore, and is now working on that next title.

For those who have entered in the tournament, keep us/me informed so we can plug you guys and cheer you on. Or even better, since this thread has like 9K+, make sure you mention it in here, then PM me with then link.

Kittonwy

Banned
WasabiKing said:
For those who have entered in the tournament, keep us/me informed so we can plug you guys and cheer you on. Or even better, since this thread has like 9K+, make sure you mention it in here, then PM me with then link.

Are we getting interviewed by teh gafcast?
gladtomeetya.gif

WasabiKing said:
ive been updating and postin my Resistance Tourney Thread (which i need to update again). Aside from myself and Team Philly, im not exactly sure who else made it in, as many people were tlaking about it. Its nearly full and it should be seeded soon. When it it, i'll make a big fuss about it.

Aeon712

I can't wait to beat PS in the tourny, the only good member I've ever played against came from the female version(Gamergrl) and she won cause I was getting my 100% medal :).

Aeon712 said:
I can't wait to beat PS in the tourny, the only good member I've ever played against came from the female version(Gamergrl) and she won cause I was getting my 100% medal :).
is there more than one gamergir. Cause i played against someone with that name, but not from the ps clan. Said she was not in the tourney either.

I just played an Unranked match @ Rooftops where all people were doing was just tossing Hedgehogs around, despite *almost* every other weapon being at their disposal.

That was a lot of fun, let me tell you [sarcasm]

It was actually worse than those games where people are just shooting LAARKs everywhere, since I could never go more than about 5 feet before some ****ing hedgehog killed me... sometimes even RIGHT after I spawn. -_-

ugh...

Aeon712

TheJollyCorner said:
I just played an Unranked match @ Rooftops where all people were doing was just tossing Hedgehogs around, despite *almost* every other weapon being at their disposal.

That was a lot of fun, let me tell you [sarcasm]

It was actually worse than those games where people are just shooting LAARKs everywhere, since I could never go more than about 5 feet before some ****ing hedgehog killed me... sometimes even RIGHT after I spawn. -_-

ugh...
That was your mistake

BobTheFork said:
is there more than one gamergir. Cause i played against someone with that name, but not from the ps clan. Said she was not in the tourney either.
No clue

Geoff9920

So, I assume you guys use headsets when you play together online, are there some that work better than others? Any recommendations/tips on getting one? I'd definitely be interested in playing online with some gaffers after I pick one up.

djkimothy

Geoff9920 said:
So, I assume you guys use headsets when you play together online, are there some that work better than others? Any recommendations/tips on getting one? I'd definitely be interested in playing online with some gaffers after I pick one up.

I play with the original PS2 headset.

Though, there was a link with Bluetooth headsets and how they compare to each other. I don't have the link though. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
377_clk_134.jpg

^^ Teh sad about hosers not being allowed in teh tournament!!!
cry.gif

*cries*

Well teh hardest part
Wuz lettin go not taking part
It really broke mah heart!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

READY FOR GAME BATTLE???!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Aeon712 said:
That was your mistake

well, admittedly Unranked matches are good for those of us who aren't that good. :D

Unfortunately every now and then you get a bizarrely inane match that I just mentioned. I've been playing some great, fun, fast-paced Rooftop rounds other than that one though.

The Jer

I'm in the 1 V. 1 tourney.

As Bob said, he's updating the Resistance tourney thread OP with info on the tourney and who's playing.

Yeah im prety up to date on the now. I just need to alter that talk of the shotgun to mention its only in the 3v3. Im really hoping they seed it early since its full. I dont want to wait two more weeks to see who im up againt. I hope we all get into different braackets

The Jer said:
Make sure you remember that. There was some question because the official rules said no laark, but no 'no shotgun'. However it was cleared up on the forums, that the 'default' weapon setting must be used (as the rules state). The defualt setting for conversion are no laark or shotgun. "the shotgun needs to be turned off" i believe is the exact quote.

Thats huge IMO. Hey Jer, are you on psn? lets play a practice match with tourney rules.

tanod

when is my burrito
TheJollyCorner said:
well, admittedly Unranked matches are good for those of us who aren't that good. :D

Unfortunately every now and then you get a bizarrely inane match that I just mentioned. I've been playing some great, fun, fast-paced Rooftop rounds other than that one though.

Rooftops is one of my favorite levels. Definitely in my top 3. There's nothing wrong with playing in ranked. The matchmaking is actually pretty good and I scored consistently in the middle of the pack when I started playing.

Now, since I've become a Supreme Commander and my average score has slowly creeped up, I'm usually either in the top 5 or I do horribly and don't even make the top 10.

tanod

when is my burrito
Hey Bob,

I wasn't able to get in since my state sucks for some reason and I'm not allowed to register in Resistance tournaments.

OT: You should check to see if your Motor Storm works since the patch came out. Let me know if you can log in now.

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm drunk, there will be singing, be prepared.
Indifferent2.gif

Horrible, horrible singing.

It seemz I've spent too long
Only tinking bout mahself
now I wanna spend mah life
just caring bout somebody else

I wuv Gensis yes.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod said:
Hey Bob,

I wasn't able to get in since my state sucks for some reason and I'm not allowed to register in Resistance tournaments.

OT: You should check to see if your Motor Storm works since the patch came out. Let me know if you can log in now.
ok, I was wondering. that doesn't seem to be stopping some people though. i reall hope they dont get to the semi and have 3-4 people not disqualified.
yeah i need to update that. i check it later and let you know.

patsu

In 20 minutes....

I'll still be stucked in the office.

I played a couple of rounds late last night. My God, I don't even know how to press R1 now. I need to go back to bootcamp. :cry:

FightyF

Banned
FREAKIN UPDATE EMAIL!
:p

I get the PSN downloads email, and it goes over a new MotorStorm mode, a trailer download, and then I see a big huge pic of Resistance with, "Resistance: Fall of Man Map Pack 1 This map pack contains both Westmorland, England and Camborne..." And so I get all excited...and then notice something I should have first noticed, "Coming Soon".

Heh, they gotta stop dangling this carrot in front of us!

Gotta late meeting tonight, no games for me tonight. Good luck! Slaughter! Kill! Capture nodes! Shout out random Genesis song lyrics!

womfalcs3

Banned
Alright... I'm mad right now. This is the second time in as many tries playing with the GAF clan that I get disconnected after we join a match.

Why?? My connection is great during the day (Morning through afternoon). I don't know why it's so unreliable during the night. It happens every time. I play during the day all the time without a glitch.

I'm on NAT Type 3. I heard that should be on Type 2 if you want a better connection. I searched everywhere on the router settings page for universal plug-and-play, but I can't find it; I want to enable it.

I have a Belkin router.

My signal strength is around 55%-60%. I'm thinking about buying longer cables so I can move the router closer to the PS3 (It's about 50 feet away right now).

I want to play a match with you guys without having to worry about this.

rc213

womfalcs3 said:
Alright... I'm mad right now. This is the second time in as many tries playing with the GAF clan that I get disconnected after we join a match.

Why?? My connection is great during the day (Morning through afternoon). I don't know why it's so unreliable during the night. It happens every time. I play during the day all the time without a glitch.

I'm on NAT Type 3. I heard that should be on Type 2 if you want a better connection. I searched everywhere on the router settings page for universal plug-and-play, but I can't find it; I want to enable it.

I have a Belkin router.

My signal strength is around 55%-60%. I'm thinking about buying longer cables so I can move the router closer to the PS3 (It's about 50 feet away right now).

I want to play a match with you guys without having to worry about this.

Have you tried forwarding ports to your PS3? You would need to give the PS3 a static ip first for the port forwarding to work properly. I have UPnP enabled and forward all the ports mentioned in the playstation manual.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

The port numbers for PLAYSTATION®Network servers used for this are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478, 3479.

For voice / video chat and online game play, direct communication with other PS3™ systems is used for data transmission during voice / video chat and online gaming. The port number used for this is UDP: 3658. However, you may need to use a different port number when you are connected using a NAT router.

Angelcurio

Whats the best way for becoming better at resistance?

I am not a good fps player, but i really want to get better. So which is the best way, playing Single Player with a high difficulty setting or playing lots of online matches?

Big-E

Angelcurio said:

I am not a good fps player, but i really want to get better. So which is the best way, playing Single Player with a high difficulty setting or playing lots of online matches?

Practice makes perfect.

Well this post is going to be a bit out of place since it's not about online, or raging about waiting for the content update...

I picked up Resistance last week and am slowly making my way through the game on my days off. I think I've just about hit the bitter end, I'm on the Giant Slayer chapter. I'm playing through the game on the normal difficulty setting and I've gotta say it's been a bit frustrating at times because of the sparse check points and those bastards with the bloody augers. Overall it's been a pretty great game, those niggling complaints aside.

I just want to clear the single player campaign at least once before I dive in to the online multi-player. That and I need a headset.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Angelcurio said:

by playing other FPS games.

really, its just your experience with the genre that helps you figure out how to play.

playing through the single player of Killzone helped me get good at a game that has problems with targeting/aiming, so when you get a game that is GOOD at it (like resistance) your past experience will lend you to resistance

Top Bottom