• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Greg said:
Hell, I quit my job at the theater. I was there until 2 in the morning, usually on nights where I had class the next day. I love working late nights, but I never had a chance to do anything on the weekends...and no one parties (or plays Resistance) in the afternoon. :lol

Hey i do! i have been lately for the past few weeks. gotta practice!

Greg said:
Hell, I quit my job at the theater. I was there until 2 in the morning, usually on nights where I had class the next day. I love working late nights, but I never had a chance to do anything on the weekends...and no one parties (or plays Resistance) in the afternoon. :lol
i usually try to play in the after noon if you check for me. I like to get in to ffa matches before the night game.

ChryZ

Gotta resume my business trip on Monday, so that's it for playing until next weekend.

Hey Insomniac. How about a Czech Republic stage for Resistance2 ... we're going to reclaim mainland Europe, no?

They also got nice churches *wink*

dscf0907.jpg

dscf0921.jpg

ChryZ said:
Gotta resume my business trip on Monday, so that's it for playing until next weekend.

Hey Insomniac. How about a Czech Republic stage for Resistance2 ... we're going to reclaim mainland Europe, no?

They also got nice churches *wink*
You're from the Czech republic? Nice, my mother's family came from the Czech republic.

Angelcurio

Last nights game was really good for me. I managed to be on the top ten for the first time last night. In one of those occassions i was on second place.

I know it was thanks to lady luck, since i am still one of the worst players of the team :lol but it was nice to finally being able to be part of that group. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
FunnyPart-com-kittens.jpg

^^ Yes, I'm admitting the fact that Resistance is cutting into my snuggle-times.
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

NEED TO BUY BEER!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

TONX

Let it be known that i officially hate shotgun whores. What saddens me is that the person winning the tournament will most likely be one.

What i'm wondering is if they're going to release the update before, or after it begins. Looks to be most likely after, since people will blame gun balancing issue as an excuse if they lose. :(

TONX said:
Let it be known that i officially hate shotgun whores. What saddens me is that the person winning the tournament will most likely be one.

What i'm wondering is if they're going to release the update before, or after it begins. Looks to be most likely after, since people will blame gun balancing issue as an excuse if they lose. :(
HAHA no shotgun in the 1v1 tournament. BELEIVE. im so glad they did that. of course it really just turns into 40mm whoring which you might think is worse. OK im off to work. ill try to get done early

Aeon712

The shotgun should be off for both 1v1 and 3v3, they both are 1 hit kill weapons only difference is the laark has a longer spawn, slower reload, and only 2 shots. Yea the right weapon was outlawed...Way to go Delaymiac

Ah well I'm hoping on Resistance now need to get some games in.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
The shotgun should be off for both 1v1 and 3v3, they both are 1 hit kill weapons only difference is the laark has a longer spawn, slower reload, and only 2 shots. Yea the right weapon was outlawed...Way to go Delaymiac

You think that's bad? If you take out the Laark, guess what weapon spawns in it's place.... some of the Laarks spawns turn to shotguns.

I think you, me and efertlis need to practice using the shotgun(someone of the maps are going to turn into a shotgun fest.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:

The shotgun is so much faster than the laark too, I was one on one against a guy with a shotgun in a TDM last night and I was trying to laark him and he got off the shot before I could even press R1, granted I was not drunk so I wasn't very fast on the draw.

To those who played last night, that was why I was going, "****!!!"

Indifferent2.gif

Maggot9

Banned
I must be the only one who think the shotgun is fine. When your 5 feet away from somebody, a double barrel blast WILL kill you. What's wrong with that? Im guessing ppl just get annoyed when it's used against them. Of course, no one on our team would complain if we were the ones using it.

And remember, using a shotgun as a chimera has a longer range when in Rage mode due to the reticule not spreading. Plus, it does more damage in rage too.

I might or might not be on at the regular time tonight, I really want to see 1408. :)

ChryZ

Gosh, just keep a little distance and the shotgun isn't much of a threat. Shotgun whores always try to get as close as possible while holding their fire ... reverse gear + shotty reload lag + carbine/bullseye headshot = shotty ownage.

womfalcs3

Banned
I don't think the shotgun is a problem. It's another threat you must learn to avoid.

I have a lot more deaths than kills when it comes to the shotgun, but I've been using some techniques to mitigate that. Whenever I have a bullseye and I see an enemy approaching with a shotgun, I tag him and start backing away from him as I shoot him. He won't get in range to kill me that way.

Greg

I'm sweet with every weapon. You know the speed of the game after the round is over? Yeah, that's what I see all the time. :lol

I'm going to continue playing casually for the 1v1 tourney and just wing it when the time comes to play - I've been busy with a few projects recently, and practicing everyday and taking it seriously can only do so much...well, for me at least. Even if you know where all the spawns are, practice every day for hours, etc., there are so many variables that can completely shit on your plan for success once you start playing.

Big-E

ChryZ said:
Gosh, just keep a little distance and the shotgun isn't much of a threat. Shotgun whores always try to get as close as possible while holding their fire ... reverse gear + shotty reload lag + carbine/bullseye headshot = shotty ownage.

Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. The distance of the shotgun is still to far and needs to be toned down a bit. I have been shotgunned dead from 1 blast at 50 feet with full health. They need to shorten the kill range down to 10-15 feet.

careksims

Big-E said:
Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. The distance of the shotgun is still to far and needs to be toned down a bit. I have been shotgunned dead from 1 blast at 50 feet with full health. They need to shorten the kill range down to 10-15 feet.

Oh yes! I been shot from that far and still kills me? Oh c'mon!

ChryZ

Now, that I think about it ... the damage modifier of chimera's rage mode should be nullified for the shotty. It might even cancel out the range/damage-reduction resulting in the situation described by you.

Anyways, the shotty is most effective at point-blank so circle strafing is always a good option to avoid full hits.

FightyF

Banned
Big-E said:

I've been killed by one shot of the shotty at a good distance, by a human too. But I figured that it was a well placed headshot, as it's not a common occurance. Just happened once (recently) during my 400+ matches in the game, so I'm not that concerned.

TONX

ChryZ said:
Anyways, the shotty is most effective at point-blank so circle strafing is always a good option to avoid full hits.

Circle Strafing doesnt always work in Resistance, ive circle straffed behind a wall and bullets magically still hit me and i die. i think its because of the auto aim.

rc213

Good games earlier today, Sorry about not being to into it. I had one eye on the U.S.A vs Mexico. I do suck that bad though, So I guess I need some more practice with you guys.

tanod

when is my burrito
TONX said:
Circle Strafing doesnt always work in Resistance, ive circle straffed behind a wall and bullets magically still hit me and i die. i think its because of the auto aim.

Probably has more to do with lag. It's just really well hidden.

Kittonwy

Banned
Greg said:
I'm sweet with every weapon. You know the speed of the game after the round is over? Yeah, that's what I see all the time. :lol

I only see that when I'm drunk, which unfortunately isn't all the time since I'm not drunk on every game night.

Sidenote:

Beer store was closed so I wasn't able to get a new 28 pack, I'm pretty pissed about it too, I can't believe they closed at 5 on a sunday of all days when I don't work on mondays (I work tues-sat, so I can afford to get hammered on a sunday night).

Indifferent2.gif

BuddyC

Kittonwy said:
I only see that when I'm drunk, which unfortunately isn't all the time since I'm not drunk on every game night.

Sidenote:

Beer store was closed so I wasn't able to get a new 28 pack, I'm pretty pissed about it too, I can't believe they closed at 5 on a sunday of all days when I don't work on mondays (I work tues-sat, so I can afford to get hammered on a sunday night).

Indifferent2.gif
They don't even sell liquor in Indiana on Sundays :(

M3Freak

Banned
The world is about to end. My K/D ratio:

My +/- is -19. Almost there, baby, almost there.

BTW, I played a FFA about 30 minutes ago where I had a Godly run. I used every weapon I had in my inventory, utilizing different tactics with each one, to get 9 very quick kills in a row. I destroyed just about every other player in that gauntlet.
I wish I could have recorded that - it was awesome.

Edit: I should add that I wasn't playing against newbs. There were 4 other players that had 1.0+ to 2.0 K/D ratios. One of those guys ultimately won, but I came in third at 21/17

Kittonwy

Banned
BuddyC said:
They don't even sell liquor in Indiana on Sundays :(

WUTWUTWUT? THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS. How can people live like that? What's next? Non-alcoholic communion? If anything, liquor stores should open all 24hrs on Sundays, people go out to parties on Saturday nights but Sunday is the day people really let loose with their frozen margaritas and afternoon coffee with bailey's (or kahlua, actually I think kahlua is probably a better choice).
Indifferent2.gif

I'm not as pissed anymore since I found my bottle of sake in one of the cupboards, apparently someone has been hiding it from me.

Not only is alcohol good at making me not think about cute co-workers as much so I can concentrate on teh relationship, it also helps my Resistance game, it's like killing two birds with one stone... or at least getting them drunk.

Indifferent2.gif

FredFish

I've just started playing online recently. I don't do too badly as a Human but playing as a Chimera...well...errrr....
Any tips for Chimera?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FredFish said:
I've just started playing online recently. I don't do too badly as a Human but playing as a Chimera...well...errrr....
Any tips for Chimera?
Go Berserk-mode, never switch it off and shoot the hell out of enemies with bullseye.

This comes from an expert.

FredFish

I'll give Rage more play time. The few times I used it just seemed to get me killed quicker. Not that I was a bulwark of survivability without it... :D

I suppose it's just a question of playing more, learning the maps and sucking up the noobage until I find my groove. Not a big deal but considering my K/D as a human is slightly positive I was just wondering if maybe there was something obvious I wasn't doing as a Chimera to even out the ratio some. Back to school with me ;)

FightyF

Banned
Seiken said:
Go Berserk-mode, never switch it off and shoot the hell out of enemies with bullseye.

This comes from an expert.

I should try that, as I'm not as experienced as most of you and I am no where close to an expert.

I'm the exact opposite. It's only on when I need it (if I need to get somewhere fast or I'm in combat). If I'm on a ledge I even run off the ledge with rage, I turn it off after I leap, and turn it back on when I hit the ground. Really stingy with it...but maybe that's why my K/D is pretty laughable (0.877).

My FFA stats are 1.087...so I'm not that bad...but I know that I can always get better.

FredFish: I learned the maps by playing the Custom gametypes and just walking around while everyone else was fighting. Note where the weapon placements are and such...in time you'll know them like the back of your hand, despite the massive sizes of some levels.

Aeon712

Aeon712 said:
Somebody fill me in on the whole Masamune meltdown from last night.
Gaf is letting me down, somebody atleast message my psn I wanna know what I missed. All I know is I missed an epic meltdown.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
Gaf is letting me down, somebody atleast message my psn I wanna know what I missed. All I know is I missed an epic meltdown.

Yeah, I want to hear too. Because what we need in this thread is more meltdown, you know... to reflect the game this thread is about. ;)

Aeon712 said:

You must be talking about the Meltdown we had against that clan that most of the Insomniacs belong to. Manchester Map. It was a fun one. They have some really good players, and made it very hard on us, but our teamwork and communication paid off. We beat them in straight sets, but each set was close, esp. the last one when they were Chimera. A very satisfying win.

I hate to toot my own horn, but I had a very good couple of rounds with the sniper rifle that game. :D

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
You must be talking about the Meltdown we had against that clan that most of the Insomniacs belong to. Manchester Map. It was a fun one. They have some really good players, and made it very hard on us, but our teamwork and communication paid off. We beat them in straight sets, but each set was close, esp. the last one when they were Chimera. A very satisfying win.

I hate to toot my own horn, but I had a very good couple of rounds with the sniper rifle that game. :D
Haha didn't know about that, would've been fun to play in that. Somebody mentioned the name Masamune to me and told me to ask about the Gaf clan lobby meltdown it caused :lol. I shall be home from work in 6hrs, I expect a PSN message by then.

tanod

when is my burrito
About 150 posts from passing the Gears thread.

I'm sort of shifting back into my SP-only gaming habits, so I'm playing a lot of RPGs and starting a run-through of Resistance on SuperHuman. OMG, not only do guys take so many more bullets to kill but there's like 4 times as many of them. :O

Superhuman, indeed. I've had a rough time getting through certain parts of levels on previous difficulties every time I play them. I'm not looking forward to playing those on Superhuman but dammit, I want to be able to say I beat it and get the skin too. :/

Sorry to say guys but I'm kind of done with the game MP-wise until we get the patch. I'm just really frustrated with a couple of things (like the Chimera/Human balance and the Carbine, very related) and I need a couple weeks off or the patch, whichever comes first. Make it happen soon, Sony.

150 posts. All the more reason to get that patch out.

I'll play if JS will play. Otherwise, patch or bust. /guilt trip :p

tanod said:
About 150 posts from passing the Gears thread.

I'm sort of shifting back into my SP-only gaming habits, so I'm playing a lot of RPGs and starting a run-through of Resistance on SuperHuman. OMG, not only do guys take so many more bullets to kill but there's like 4 times as many of them. :O

Superhuman, indeed. There are a couple of parts I've had a rough time getting through certain parts of levels no matter what difficulty I play it on. I'm not looking forward to playing those on Superhuman but dammit, I want to be able to say I did it and get the skin too. :/

Sorry to say guys but I'm kind of done with the game MP-wise until we get the patch. I'm just really frustrated with a couple of things (like the Chimera/Human balance and the Carbine, very related) and I need a couple weeks off or the patch, whichever comes first. Make it happen soon, Sony.

150 posts. All the more reason to get that patch out.

I'll play if JS will play. Otherwise, patch or bust. /guilt trip :p
Thats awesome they add more enemies to the Hardest mode. I need this game!

Top Bottom