• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
jaundicejuice said:
Well this post is going to be a bit out of place since it's not about online, or raging about waiting for the content update...

I picked up Resistance last week and am slowly making my way through the game on my days off. I think I've just about hit the bitter end, I'm on the Giant Slayer chapter. I'm playing through the game on the normal difficulty setting and I've gotta say it's been a bit frustrating at times because of the sparse check points and those bastards with the bloody augers. Overall it's been a pretty great game, those niggling complaints aside.

I just want to clear the single player campaign at least once before I dive in to the online multi-player. That and I need a headset.

Those auger shooting guys / steelheads are bullet sponges, there is a great way to take them out really easily in the early game and another method that comes up mid-way through the game. It's just a matter of weapon experimentation. This isn't a game where you just get a better gun and never use the old again. On the last level, I used almost every weapon.

We usually "spoiler" weapon strats so see if you can figure it out first before asking for a direct strategy.

I just hate them because they can be a pain if you're low on health and ducking back to recharge and reload because there is no cover from them. It's just those "oh shit" moments when you see a lot of auger rounds slowly beaming their way through everything.

FightyF

Banned
Angelcurio said:
Whats the best way for becoming better at resistance?

I am not a good fps player, but i really want to get better. So which is the best way, playing Single Player with a high difficulty setting or playing lots of online matches?

I disagree with the notion of playing other FPS games, there are very few games that are as fast paced as Resistance. Plus, you have to learn how to use the weapons effectively.

Even if you are new to FPS games, try to Free For All Deathmatch a whole bunch, or if you don't want to destroy your kill/death stats, head over to a custom match, one that has all weapons on, but make sure it isn't one hit kills. You could get killed a hundred times during an hour, but you're gonna improve a whole lot after a couple of sessions.

I'm back from the meeting but I'm guessing the clan called it a night? I'll hop on right now and take a peek.

In case you missed it from the Tournament thread:
1ee06a0aa8.gif

lol

Aeon712

What's the deal with human vs human turning my character into a white guy Insomniac? Adds this to the list of things I dislike about this game. And don't worry about getting better Angel it will come in due time, I spent my first 2 mths playing with the clan pretty badly. Just play with the clan on clan nights and also throw some free for alls in there.

Kittonwy

Banned
Last TDM I led the team in kills AND in deaths. SO AWESOME. AND I'm drunk. AND I was singing (or whatever I can manage in this current state of drunkeness).
Indifferent2.gif

The Jer said:
I'm glad to see that .gif of me being blown outta the air is being spread all over NeoGAF

hey you're a star. LOL i really wish there was another 2 seconds on that so i could see you hit the ground.

womfalcs3 said:
Alright... I'm mad right now. This is the second time in as many tries playing with the GAF clan that I get disconnected after we join a match.

Why?? My connection is great during the day (Morning through afternoon). I don't know why it's so unreliable during the night. It happens every time. I play during the day all the time without a glitch.

I'm on NAT Type 3. I heard that should be on Type 2 if you want a better connection. I searched everywhere on the router settings page for universal plug-and-play, but I can't find it; I want to enable it.

I have a Belkin router.

My signal strength is around 55%-60%. I'm thinking about buying longer cables so I can move the router closer to the PS3 (It's about 50 feet away right now).

I want to play a match with you guys without having to worry about this.

Yeah, you really need at least a NAT2.

We were talking about this after you dropped tonight. M3freak has graciously volunteered to use his skills and knowledge to help you out. He's totally like the Official Resistance Clan Connection Guru. PM him.

patsu

The Jer said:
I'm glad to see that .gif of me being blown outta the air is being spread all over NeoGAF

Heh heh... I love every second of it. It's a classic (in the good sense) :). They should sticky it really.

tribal24 said:
what room are you guys in i wanna join in>.>

Well... most of the time I play from my study room, sometimes from the toilet. And no, the toilet is too small for two. But you can always join the clan room.

jaundicejuice said:
I just hate them because they can be a pain if you're low on health and ducking back to recharge and reload because there is no cover from them. It's just those "oh shit" moments when you see a lot of auger rounds slowly beaming their way through everything.

What guns do you have ?

FightyF

Banned
The Jer said:

*right click...Save As..*

*rename...TheJerOwned

Managed to play Assault in Custom Game mode...which reminds me...

One guy hopped into the Custom TDM hosted by Insomniac, and he was blatantly cheating. I figure just to show that he could get away with it on Insomniac's own game. Remzy or something like that...damn, I should have checked the "previously played" list.

...anyways, played Assault at Nottingham for a good hour. Since there isn't much for communication, I had to go the lone soldier route, but I found some great routes for getting weapons and sneaking past enemy defenses.

At the same time, when it's not ranked (and there is little communication between players), it's not the same as the usual GAF games.

ChryZ

The Jer said:

:lol

Let's get you out of the limelight.I bet, Aeon doesn't mind to help out a little.

6426bd354c.gif

5dcf340f6c.gif

...maybe I should better avoid the clan nights this weekend (^_^;)

M3Freak

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
Yeah, you really need at least a NAT2.

We were talking about this after you dropped tonight. M3freak has graciously volunteered to use his skills and knowledge to help you out. He's totally like the Official Resistance Clan Connection Guru. PM him.

Uhhhhhh...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
going to spend a good portion of today practicing for the tournament, anyone that wants to do 1v1 give me a holler :D

Kittonwy

Banned
110_clk_405.jpg

^^ To Game Battle:

You are so beautiful
To me
You are so beautiful
To me
Can't you see
You're everythin' I wanted
You're everythin' I need
You are so beautiful
To me!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

I'm outta beer so no singing tonight!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Hey guys. Im going to get on in about 15 minutes for some practice. I have to go to a BBQ tonight, so ill be on, just a bit later than usuall.

M3Freak

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
It's okay. I'll just do some research. I have the procedure down. I just need to figure out how my router in particular does it. :)

I saw the PM you sent me. It's actually really, really simple to do. But, I'm so sleepy - I can barely stay awake.

I'll try helping you out a bit later.

Kittonwy

Banned
tribal24 said:
ill be there tonight i didnt know who to message yesterday so i just played anygame-_-

I tried to get you in but you were already in a game. Are you already in a different clan? If you're in our clan we can see you on our clan list and it makes it every easy to send you a party invite whenever you're on. If you want to be part of the clan just PM kaching to add you but you have to quit your current clan first before kaching can add you.

djkimothy

BTW, i didn't read the spoilered strategy from Kitt so i don't know what to do. It was too damn long. I'll just follow the mob and head to the place under attack. :/

Greg

djkimothy said:
BTW, i didn't read the spoilered strategy from Kitt so i don't know what to do. It was too damn long. I'll just follow the mob and head to the place under attack. :/
Spin around in circles - often.

Try to solo cap nodes.

LAARK yourself whenever the opportunity is available.

djkimothy

Greg said:
Spin around in circles - often.

Try to solo cap nodes.

LAARK yourself whenever the opportunity is available.

Quit stealing my strategies! Sheesh!

no seriously, that's what i do most of the times. Especially the spinning in circles. :(

tribal24

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I tried to get you in but you were already in a game. Are you already in a different clan? If you're in our clan we can see you on our clan list and it makes it every easy to send you a party invite whenever you're on. If you want to be part of the clan just PM kaching to add you but you have to quit your current clan first before kaching can add you.

ok ill quit this clan for the time being just me and a freind lol can he join the gaf clan aswell?

Kittonwy

Banned
Don Henley's Heart of teh matter has been added to my Resistance playlist.
Indifferent2.gif

And of course, my Resistance playlist is teh perfect barometer on which songs are currently hip in life.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712 said:
Couldn't have been that fun since I wasnt there :)
you weren't? huh didnt notice : ) actually it felt really short last night. i didnt get home until 830 and i ran otu to BB to get a new headset. We only played for like and hour and a half after i got back. Not sure WHEN i can be on tonight. i have to work until 9 and then be in for inventory at 6am, but ill be there.

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
you weren't? huh didnt notice : ) actually it felt really short last night. i didnt get home until 830 and i ran you to BB to get a new headset. We only played for like and hour and a half after i got back. Not sure WHEN i can be on tonight. i have to work until 9 and then be in for inventory at 6am, but ill be there.
My job wants me to start coming in at 6am instead of 7, This is seriously going to cut into my Resistance fun on Sundays and Tuesdays.

Greg

Aeon712 said:
My job wants me to start coming in at 6am instead of 7, This is seriously going to cut into my Resistance fun on Sundays and Tuesdays.
Hell, I quit my job at the theater. I was there until 2 in the morning, usually on nights where I had class the next day. I love working late nights, but I never had a chance to do anything on the weekends...and no one parties (or plays Resistance) in the afternoon. :lol

Top Bottom