• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Lain said:
This sucks. I can't seem to be able to even get to the menu for online multiplayer. It either fails to connect after choosing online multiplayer, or right after it connects.

It's the same for me, I've tried yesterday for almost an hour and got nowhere fast.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I may have to turn this into it's own topic - the time is nigh to do a little purging of clan members or stop accepting clan invites altogether. The list of members with active invites stands at 180 (wait, 181 - Raist just accepted) for the NA clan and I've got a surge of EU and AP RFOM players PMing me for clan invites. 200 is the limit AFAIK (right, js?) and it seems like we may hit that pretty quickly at this point.

A couple of things I'm going to do to start - a few people have invites that are more than a week old (several weeks at this point) so I'm no longer going to hold spots for them in the clan. That'll be the rule going forward - if you don't accept an invite within a week, it'll be revoked. Next, I'll look for volunteers who are willing to resign. There's already been a couple who said they'd resign because they realize they don't play much but I've held off on removing them since there was still space.

After that, it may come down to removing people based on lowest rank/fewest ranked rounds played, to make room for the newer players. Prepare yourselves.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
That whole game was weird, when the round started Maggot was like wtf youre all floating in the air :lol. Later he realized nobody on our team or their team could see him but he could still kill them. This was also the game with the invincible Breach Nodes so we tried to use him as a secret weapon to destroy their node before it got its health back but Base defense still could see him. When rd2 started he was like 20-30 ft in the air slowly moving off the map :lol.

Ha ha ! Too bad I missed it. :(
I also got disconnected in my third game yesterday (Then I had to go move stuff).
I'm really eager to try the new maps though.

djkimothy said:
That cat looks like it's constipated...

I know a guy whose face is exactly like that. No, no... not constipated, but naturally like that. And his friend looks like Odie (without the dog ears). So we nicknamed the pair "Garfield and Odie". It's really funny to see them talk. It's like watching a life action comic strip.

Ok I'm getting off topic again, since we have Machi-whatchamacallit in Resistance, at some point in the future we can do another photo op... of the Resistance Choir (Now everyone say "O")

patsu

GoncaloCCastro said:
It's the same for me, I've tried yesterday for almost an hour and got nowhere fast.

It happened to me yesterday when the patch was just done. It was ok at about 7:00pm PST when I played.

The Jer

supermackem said:
Thats more than dumb its pure BS, the only reason i got the new maps was to play ranked games with my friends in party mode. Now i cant do that until they do something about it and if the wait to get this patch is anything to go by then i think i will be moving on to another title.

Splitting the "map pack 1" option into "map pack 1 singles" and "map pack 1 teams" would be really fricken awesome.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
False alarm, GAF. I just ran through the clan roster itself in RFOM and there's only about 120 people on the list, so it looks like many people have already resigned on their own over time. I don't get any system messages for these (at least, not consistently). I'll try to clean up the clan roster so it matches what's in RFOM.

Lain

Also, is the EuroGAF clan going to still be alive? I admit that I haven't played much after the initial period, altho that has to do mostly with the inability to choose the type of play for ranked games (I want to be able to choose what type of team game to play!) and those retarded 3vs3 on 8/12 players maps or 4vs4 on 12/16 players maps really killed my mood, but I'm not in a hurry to leave it since I plan to play some resistance now that it is WW (if I can get it to let me online, anyways) despite those flaws.

The Jer

Reposted (PLEASE READ):

kaching said:
I may have to turn this into it's own topic - the time is nigh to do a little purging of clan members or stop accepting clan invites altogether. The list of members with active invites stands at 180 (wait, 181 - Raist just accepted) for the NA clan and I've got a surge of EU and AP RFOM players PMing me for clan invites. 200 is the limit AFAIK (right, js?) and it seems like we may hit that pretty quickly at this point.

A couple of things I'm going to do to start - a few people have invites that are more than a week old (several weeks at this point) so I'm no longer going to hold spots for them in the clan. That'll be the rule going forward - if you don't accept an invite within a week, it'll be revoked. Next, I'll look for volunteers who are willing to resign. There's already been a couple who said they'd resign because they realize they don't play much but I've held off on removing them since there was still space.

After that, it may come down to removing people based on lowest rank/fewest ranked rounds played, to make room for the newer players. Prepare yourselves.

Also, I think it's important that we accept the invites of all those coming from EuroGAF and anyone from Asia as well. I also think it's important that we don't stop allowing those who want to play and want to play with the clan from doing so. We aren't an exclusive group (with the exception that clan member are also from GAF) and we just get together to play for fun (even if we own :)). As such, I agree, it's time to start clan purging. Is there a way to tell when people have last logged in? If not, we may have to do it by lowest rank (unless we know they play with us or have just joined and plan to play with us).

I think we should start with you and JS, you guys haven't played in a while (Just kidding guys).

*Edit: NVM. False alarm I geuss.

Aeon712

kaching said:
False alarm, GAF. I just ran through the clan roster itself in RFOM and there's only about 120 people on the list, so it looks like many people have already resigned on their own over time. I don't get any system messages for these (at least, not consistently). I'll try to clean up the clan roster so it matches what's in RFOM.
In game it removes people who haven't played for a while but they still hold Clan spots. Anyone thats not on the ingame list should prob be the first one's to be removed.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Aeon712 said:
In game it removes people who haven't played for a while but they still hold Clan spots. Anyone thats not on the ingame list should prob be the first one's to be removed.
They don't seem to be on the official clan list either, I think they actually resigned. Because if they're not on the main clan list, there's no way for me to revoke their invite.

Manp

Big_T said:
that happened to me yesterday black screen with numbers i reset the system and the game worked

yeah, i managed to play an hour online after that. it worked but overall it seems to take more time to login and find/join a match.

and sometimes i still can't login or i get disconnected which never happened before the patch

:)

djkimothy

I'll be on later tonight around 10'ish, family wants to watch a movie. :( There's like nothing good on, I don't know what they want to watch one. :/

OT, I was playing Stardust HD this afternoon just to surpass you Aeon. :p You're next LocoRocco. :D

And yes, it took me all afternoon to reach 4.4 million. :(

Kittonwy

Banned
Good thing kaching is looking at rank and not K/D ratio.
Indifferent2.gif

kaching said:

Well, you already know you can kick me off. Not sure if you've already done that or not, but if you haven't... now is the time.

Geoff9920

I keep having networking errors and I can't stay logged in long to stick with a party or play online for any decent length of time. So while I'd like to play(thanks to those of you who sent me party invites), I keep getting booted from the network. :-\ So sometime in the next couple days , if someone could help me out, that'd be helpful. Using a PS3 connected via an Ethernet cable to a linksys router. Are there any specific ports that should be left open?

Raist

Banned
Geoff9920 said:
I keep having networking errors and I can't stay logged in long to stick with a party or play online for any decent length of time. So while I'd like to play(thanks to those of you who sent me party invites), I keep getting booted from the network. :-\ So sometime in the next couple days , if someone could help me out, that'd be helpful. Using a PS3 connected via an Ethernet cable to a linksys router. Are there any specific ports that should be left open?

Set your IP as the DMZ, that's the safest bet.

There also are some problems with a few linksys models since the 1.80 update. Turning off the media server option helps afaik

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
You may need to try logging in a few times to get online tonight. Took most of us a few tries so far but we're on.

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
You may need to try logging in a few times to get online tonight. Took most of us a few tries so far but we're on.
You guys are shaft jumping and tunnel running without me :(.

djkimothy said:
OT, I was playing Stardust HD this afternoon just to surpass you Aeon.
:lol, guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow after work but before Gaf Wars on Resistance.

Geoff9920

Raist said:
Set your IP as the DMZ, that's the safest bet.

There also are some problems with a few linksys models since the 1.80 update. Turning off the media server option helps afaik
Thanks, turning off media sharing seems to have worked.

Madman

neogaf_cage_free said:
1.8x seems to have changed the behavior. You now need to go into the audio device settings and ensure your Input Device is set to "Do Not Use" and your Output Device is "System Default Device". Apologies for the inconvenience.
Meant to say earlier, but I still have the problem. :(

we spent an hour trying to get a game going and total failure is the result : (
im going to get somthing the to eat and clean up in here. I try again later.

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
we spent an hour trying to get a game going and total failure is the result : (
im going to get somthing the to eat and clean up in here. I try again later.
Sounds like yesterday, looks like I haven't missed anything yet. Hope everything is working when I get on in another hr and 30min :'(.

FredFish

Well that was frustrating. The two times we actually made it to the staging area the games were cancelled because of imbalance :/ I hope a patch for the patch is being hammered out

womfalcs3

Banned
FredFish said:
Well that was frustrating. The two times we actually made it to the staging area the games were cancelled because of imbalance :/ I hope a patch for the patch is being hammered out

That's part of the patch's features.

It cancels the match if the match can't be balanced in the staging area. It's fair for the team lacking players.

FredFish

womfalcs3 said:
That's part of the patch's features.

It cancels the match if the match can't be balanced in the staging area. It's fair for the team lacking players.

Yeah I read the patch notes. I meant that we had trouble even GETTING to the staging area only to have the matches dropped for imbalance. Wasn't making a judgement call on the feature itself

This game is now officially broken. In about 90 minutes, we managed to get into like 3 games, most of the time we had to settle for unranked. The rest of the time was spent getting kicked and having to reform the party.

Whenever we did finally get a ranked game, we could only get TDM, and we never got one on the new maps. In fact, I've never played a ranked match on any of the new maps, ever.

When in-game, the aiming seems to have changed to double the sensitivity as before, and in Human v. Chimera TDM, the Chimera seem to have sped up considerably, spoiling the balance completely.

Oh, and there's lag now. In Resistance. Lag. WTF?

Fix it, Insomniac.

patsu

Uh oh... I played 3 old-map TDMs on Friday night and they were ok (I got 12 vs 0 and 24 vs 3 in The Mall :D ...thanks to Asia and Europe, I think). Looks like Insomniac and Sony need to work together to fix the new patch. Good thing I still have 3 more discs to go in Planet Earth.

The Jer

Pristine_Condition said:
In fact, I've never played a ranked match on any of the new maps, ever.
You need to select "Map Pack Mayhem" after selecting to play in ranked games. This option will put you into a ranked game with a new map, garunteed. All other ranked gameplay options will have you play on one of the older maps. The "Map Pack Mayhem" option for ranked games isn't given to parties. If you want to play on the new maps as a party, it has to be done in a custom game.

The "Map Pack Mayhem" option really should be split into two options; one that is team based and one that is FFA based. Provided that there are enough players with the new maps to split this into two options.
There really should be an option for parties to play in ranked play on the new maps.
(needed to make that plug one more time).

M3Freak

Banned
Game is screwed. Patch broke it total. I was so pumped to play tonight, but error after error killed the fun.

The new maps rock - unbelievable, the both of them. Simply, awesome.

Now, if we could only play the damn game, as a party.

Insomniac: your game is busted. Very badly busted.

The Jer

I'm wondering if the new match-making update is what was keeping y'alls party out of ranked matches. Particularly if the game cancellation is based (or partially based) on the ranks (or average rank) of players on a team. When we play together as a party, we ussually end up as a team of all Supreme Commanders (or close to it). It's very rare to find another team of 15-20 players who are all Supreme Commanders, unless we end up playing another clan or party.

The Jer said:
You need to select "Map Pack Mayhem" after selecting to play in ranked games. This option will put you into a ranked game with a new map, garunteed. All other ranked gameplay options will have you play on one of the older maps. The "Map Pack Mayhem" option for ranked games isn't given to parties. If you want to play on the new maps as a party, it has to be done in a custom game.

The "Map Pack Mayhem" option really should be split into two options; one that is team based and one that is FFA based. Provided that there are enough players with the new maps to split this into two options.
There really should be an option for parties to play in ranked play on the new maps.
(needed to make that plug one more time).

Yeah they need to fix that, if this was a map pack on live you bought and you couldnt use it in ranked games with friends and you werent told that before hand there would be uproar and rightly so. I feel like i have been robbed of my money as ranked party play is the only mode i play yet i cant use the maps i paid for in that mode.:(

Top Bottom