• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Holy tits, the day the Resistance update is up, my internet is down!!! **** you Comcast!

Going to acid's house and playing there. We need pictures!

Kittonwy

Banned
cat-rawr.gif

^^ LIKE... RAWR??? NEW MAPS FAP FAP FAP!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

TIME TO GET ME SOME TACOS!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy said:

I'm glad you used that. :lol That's one of my faves.

We passed the Gears thread last night and will probably pass the Twilight Princess thread. Total coincidence that the map comes out, my ass. That being said -

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTLE!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmd494

Two questions?
1. Where is this update? I don't see it in the PS Store or in Resistance (maybe just b/c the server is down)

2. Will anyone be YouTubing the new Resistance maps just to demo them for everyone else? :D

careksims

I got my update and Map Pack but damn! The servers are getting pounded. Had to keep trying several times. Now I can't get on. Hopefully it dies down when it gets closer to Gaf Clan time X_x. Still I'm all ready now :D

Yay! we passed the Gears Thread! Take that Marcus Phoenix!

Madman

I already have a problem with the patch, not including the network failing on me. I can't turn off peoples voices from voice chat on my TV/stereo. It's really annoying. The option in the menu makes no difference.

This sucks Insomniac. If I can't find a solution, I'm not playing until it's fixed. And given the time it takes in between patches, this may be the end of my days playing Resistance. Fun while it lasted.

Aeon712

Greg said:
I've been trying to log in for the past 15 minutes but I keep getting errors.
Yea it just took me 10min to get on, only to be kicked while playing with Jer. Guess the servers can't handle the worldwide downloading+games. I'm trying again in an hr, Loco I'll be looking for ya. Me and Efertlis went through the facial animation and I was just singing Maroon 5 with Jer :lol. I called the lips moving pointless but its a blast.

gogogow

GoncaloCCastro said:
The patch is great and all but no one of the Euro clan is online except me :(

Once you American guys get online could you invite me and stuff...
Can't get online, been trying for 30 minutes, keep getting this login failed, network error blah blah.

Yeah, US Gaffers, invite me too, PSN ID: gogow

Greg

Madman said:
I already have a problem with the patch, not including the network failing on me. I can't turn off peoples voices from voice chat on my TV/stereo. It's really annoying. The option in the menu makes no difference.

This sucks Insomniac. If I can't find a solution, I'm not playing until it's fixed. And given the time it takes in between patches, this may be the end of my days playing Resistance. Fun while it lasted.
It might have to be turned off in the Resistance options and in the options in the XMB - check your settings there.

patsu

Same here (Can't login) ! Good thing I'm ready for it (Bought a Blu-ray movie and another game to fill in ). I'm moving apartment again this evening. So I might not be able to join up :(

Aeon712

Camborne is such a sick map, the difference in size between the 8 and 16 player maps is crazy. 8 players has the shaft that shoots you up and you are stuck in a area about the size of Nottingham center, but 16 players unlocks what seems like the whole underground area and no shafts to go up to that I've seen yet. Can't wait to see the 32 and 40 player versions. Snow map is pretty but seems to barren, Efertlis, Big E, Acid and Sutdawg should be able to do a lot of damage from the sniper towers on it. Whatever size efertlis put for our 1v1 had like 8 nodes it was sick, I never seen some of those node names before.

I take back every bad thing I've said about Insomniac in the last month while waiting. Camborne alone was worth the wait.

Madman

Greg said:
It might have to be turned off in the Resistance options and in the options in the XMB - check your settings there.
I did. No luck in finding anything to help me.

This ****ing sucks. I really hope I find a way to fix this.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Camborne is such a sick map, the difference in size between the 8 and 16 player maps is crazy. 8 players has the shaft that shoots you up and you are stuck in a area about the size of Nottingham center, but 16 players unlocks what seems like the whole underground area and no shafts to go up to that I've seen yet. Can't wait to see the 32 and 40 player versions. Snow map is pretty but seems to barren, Efertlis, Big E, Acid and Sutdawg should be able to do a lot of damage from the sniper towers on it. Whatever size efertlis put for our 1v1 had like 8 nodes it was sick, I never seen some of those node names before.

I take back every bad thing I've said about Insomniac in the last month while waiting. Camborne alone was worth the wait.

I cry even harder now!!!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Madman said:

The option in the menu won't do anything if you have a headset plugged in. If you DO have a headset plugged in and the sound is coming out of your speakers, open up the audio settings dialog from "options" and make sure the output is set to your headset and NOT to system default (system default = tv speakers)

Madman

igRossMcIntosh said:
The option in the menu won't do anything if you have a headset plugged in. If you DO have a headset plugged in and the sound is coming out of your speakers, open up the audio settings dialog from "options" and make sure the output is set to your headset and NOT to system default (system default = tv speakers)
Nope. I don't own a headset.

Raist

Banned
GoncaloCCastro said:
The patch is great and all but no one of the Euro clan is online except me :(

Once you American guys get online could you invite me and stuff...

Been mashing the online multiplayer for 20mins+ now, can't get in :'(

What have they done to the servers. Please tell me they didn't screw everything :|

Manp

Raist said:
Been mashing the online multiplayer for 20mins+ now, can't get in :'(

What have they done to the servers. Please tell me they didn't screw everything :|

we're covered in 500 - Internal Server Error too :°°°

:)

Raist

Banned
Manp said:
we're covered in 500 - Internal Server Error too :°°°

:)

Yeah I know i'm not the only one :lol

Was just replying to Goncalo. We'd like to get in, but we can't :/

Is it specific to europe, or does US have the same problem ?

careksims

M3Freak said:
Man, I'm SOOO pissed! DAMN IT!

I can't very well jump on tomorrow right after the wedding, so I probably won't get on until after 6:00 p.m.

I won't even be on on Saturday but I am looking forward to seeing ya on Sunday! Too bad about today! Play nice Aeon!

Aeon712 said:
Yea it just took me 10min to get on, only to be kicked while playing with Jer. Guess the servers can't handle the worldwide downloading+games. I'm trying again in an hr, Loco I'll be looking for ya. Me and Efertlis went through the facial animation and I was just singing Maroon 5 with Jer :lol. I called the lips moving pointless but its a blast.

Great. Might be a while for me now. Just found out my GF is waiting in line with her girlfriends for iPhones...I going to surprise her and gather some provisions from Central Market (Wine, cheese, fruit basket, some flowers) and deliver it to them to get some P**** Points I can cash in later on. ;)

Should be on in a couple hours though...I'm not waiting with them while Resistance beckons. Besides, I spent all my money on damn kitchen knives last week, I ain't got six Bengies lying around to spend on a phone... :lol

Madman said:

You can mute all players or players individually.

* The “MUTE” menu from the in-game start menu is now the “MUTE/REPORT” menu. Selecting a player from this menu will allow you to select either “Mute”, to mute all voice chat from that player, or “Report for abuse”, which will notify an in-game moderator that the player is being abusive by cheating, glitching, or otherwise violating the EULA. In-game moderators will then be alerted, and may observe the player to verify that he/she is being abusive. We reserve the right to kick players we have observed being abusive out of the game and/or ban them from playing Resistance: Fall of Man, as per our anti-abuse policy outlined in the forums on www.myresistance.net

* Voice chat from other players will now play through your television speakers by default unless you have a headset plugged in. There is a new option in the “Multiplayer Options” menu from the lobby called “Mute Voice Chat”. Setting this to on will start all players muted when you join a game. Players may then be selectively unmuted from the “MUTE/REPORT” menu if you so choose. The “Mute Voice Chat” option only has an effect if you do not have a headset plugged in.

Raist said:
Ok now I can get past the license agreement stuff, but connection drops as soon as I reach the online menu :'(

Yeah. The servers are getting slammed right now. Took me a while to get on, but it was good to go once I did.

Gotta go, see ya'll in the game in a little bit.

Madman

Pristine_Condition said:
You can mute all players or players individually.
"The option in the menu makes no difference."

I could individually mute all the players, but doing that every game is about as butt ugly of a solution as I have ever heard.

gogogow

Raist said:
Ok now I can get past the license agreement stuff, but connection drops as soon as I reach the online menu :'(
Hey Raistlinn, are you gonna leave Eurogaf?

Was burnfout the one that created Eurogaf? We need to discuss what to do now, or has it already been discussed?

burnfout

Yeah I created Eurogaf, but I suggest we all just move to the US one. ( If you guys want us :( )

Anyway I can't download the new update, keep getting network errors, don't know when this is gonna work.

tanod

when is my burrito
Maggot9 said:
I might have bought these maps if I hadn't bought Darkness or Rainbow Six in the last 3 days.

I only bought one of them so I'm good to go. The Darkness is awesome though. Next-gen story-telling FTMFW! :D

Raist

Banned
gogogow said:
Hey Raistlinn, are you gonna leave Eurogaf?

Was burnfout the one that created Eurogaf? We need to discuss what to do now, or has it already been discussed?

Well... yeah I guess :/
The Clan really never existed, sadly. I'm not blaming anyone tho.

Problem is, our US friends are used to play at 9pm EST, so that's like what, 1am CET ? Bit late :/
Still that doesn't imply merging the clans are a bad thing anyways.

Anyways, haven't quit yet since I can't reach the menu.

btw, in the game date menu under the XMB, my RFoM data says it's been updated last time on march the 23rd (first patch we got on release in Europe)
I could DL and install the new patch. So shouldn't it mention today's date ? Anyone can check if it has actually changed in the game data ?

Raist

Banned
Raist said:
btw, in the game date menu under the XMB, my RFoM data says it's been updated last time on march the 23rd (first patch we got on release in Europe)
I could DL and install the new patch. So shouldn't it mention today's date ? Anyone can check if it has actually changed in the game data ?

Ok, so I've noticed that my game save data has been updated with today's date, with the exact hour when I installed the patch.

Is that normal ? oO I thought patches changed the game data, not the game save

ChryZ

Slept 6h, woke up totally wasted and still drunk (farewell party last night), had to pack in the morning with spinning head, worked all day, hopped on the plane, transfer flight delayed for 90 min, my car almost died from the airport back home, started download while sitting on unpacked bags (2200/10PM). This is living.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Raist said:
Well... yeah I guess :/
The Clan really never existed, sadly. I'm not blaming anyone tho.

Problem is, our US friends are used to play at 9pm EST, so that's like what, 1am CET ? Bit late :/
Still that doesn't imply merging the clans are a bad thing anyways.

Anyways, haven't quit yet since I can't reach the menu.

Patches/Installed Files fall under the Game Data folder. The Game Data Folder does not display the last time the file was updated, it displays the time at which the data was created.

Raist said:
Ok, so I've noticed that my game save data has been updated with today's date, with the exact hour when I installed the patch.

Is that normal ? oO I thought patches changed the game data, not the game save

Game save's do display the last time it was updated. The patch added some new settings which I'm sure were saved to your game save.

burnfout

Ok wtf Sony, after waiting 50 minutes for the damn update to download, with 40 seconds left, I get an network error, and HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN, WTF!

Yeah thanks for letting me spend 5 euro's on a mappack, blergh.

Turning my PS3 off now, won't have time tomorrow either, I guess sunday at the earliest.

Get some new servers Sony, and give me the option to resume my freaking download!

Raist

Banned
Killthee said:
Patches/Installed Files fall under the Game Data folder. The Game Data Folder does not display the last time the file was updated, it displays the time at which the data was created.

Game save's do display the last time it was updated. The patch added some new settings which I'm sure were saved to your game save.

I see. Thanks for the info :)

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
Slept 6h, woke up totally wasted and still drunk (farewell party last night), had to pack in the morning with spinning head, worked all day, hopped on the plane, transfer flight delayed for 90 min, my car almost died from the airport back home, started download while sitting on unpacked bags (2200/10PM). This is living.

Keep that alcohol level up because we're going into GAME BATTLE!!!
angry.gif

Top Bottom