• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

careksims

Kittonwy said:
Keep that alcohol level up because we're going into GAME BATTLE!!!
angry.gif

I expect to see some singing from you! I want to see those lips move!

why oh why must i have the longest most annoying day possible when the maps come out... anyway

for tonights carnage i have selected an assortment of guinness
HPIM0277.jpg

And i will be listening to the Kinks in honor of all those Euro Gaffers. VILLAGE GREEN IS THE SHIT! I remember Walter, what about you slackers?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
ok guys. we need to make a GAF machinima. This lip-synching is SO awesome.

EDIT: We're playing right now, the new maps are awesome, come and join.

Raist

Banned
Ok server seems to be fine now.

But... it's WW only ? Didn't they mention that we could choose the serv ? Because I found this option like nowhere.

Played a game or two. If it's really WW, it's as smooth as "local" servs. Good job :eek:

kammy

Banned
everytime I get about 97% through the DL, it times out FFS

now I cant even get that far, it just freezes on that star screen before the disclaimer even comes on.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Raist said:

But... it's WW only ? Didn't they mention that we could choose the serv ? Because I found this option like nowhere.

Played a game or two. If it's really WW, it's as smooth as "local" servs. Good job :eek:

It's under the multiplayer options in the online lobby. It allows you to choose to display either WW or your local region.

Orlics

Raist said:

You can, just log in and look for the multiplayer options. In mine I can choose between Worldwide and Korea, but it's set to WW by default.

Raist

Banned
lolz, okay, thanks Killthee and Orlics :p

K so I guess I'll leave the EuroGAF clan :(

plzaddme :)

edit : heh, just noticed there's a small flag for your country (or zone) on your character's sheet

Aeon712

If you Eurogaf members are still up and wanna play come and join us as we speak. Add us in game since some of our xmb's are already full. Message Aeon712/efertlisdotcom/bobthefork/or hijodellocoroco for an invite to the game.

neogaf_cage_free

Chimera Apologist
Madman said:
"The option in the menu makes no difference."

I could individually mute all the players, but doing that every game is about as butt ugly of a solution as I have ever heard.

1.8x seems to have changed the behavior. You now need to go into the audio device settings and ensure your Input Device is set to "Do Not Use" and your Output Device is "System Default Device". Apologies for the inconvenience.

Madman

neogaf_cage_free said:
1.8x seems to have changed the behavior. You now need to go into the audio device settings and ensure your Input Device is set to "Do Not Use" and your Output Device is "System Default Device". Apologies for the inconvenience.
No problems. Thank you for your help.

Angelcurio

What will happen to the two or three of us who cant download the map packs
thanks to sony not releasing the PSN cards
, are we going to be left out of the clan matches from now on since the new maps will be required?

ghostmind

thar be bugs in this patch!

-floating Maggot9
-invincible nodes
-whatever that last disconnect mess that gave my PS3 the equivalent of BSOD

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:
What will happen to the two or three of us who cant download the map packs
thanks to sony not releasing the PSN cards
, are we going to be left out of the clan matches from now on since the new maps will be required?

We're still playing maps like Nottingham and Grimsby, so don't worry.

Doel

WHAT THE ****

This has probably already been discussed, but why the **** can't we find ranked games with a party, that are map packs only. There NEEDS to be a playlist thats Map Packs only. I thought they had this **** together.

The Jer

BobTheFork said:
bah, lots of glitches, i got dropped, and we didnt get the new maps once in ranked. ah well i suppose

One of the ranked gameplay options was "Map Pack 1 Fun!" (Ok, maybe not exactly that, but along those lines). This was in addition to the previous ranked game options. I'm assuming that this new option is the only one that allows for the new maps, while the other options are the same as they've been (minus the gametype changes and gameplay changes from the patch) using the old maps only. I'm not sure if you can choose that option while in a party; but I'm assuming you can't (?). So, it may be that to get the new maps, within a party, we would need to do a custom game.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
The Jer said:
One of the ranked gameplay options was "Map Pack 1 Fun!" (Ok, maybe not exactly that, but along those lines). This was in addition to the previous ranked game options. I'm assuming that this new option is the only one that allows for the new maps, while the other options are the same as they've been (minus the gametype changes and gameplay changes from the patch) using the old maps only. I'm not sure if you can choose that option while in a party; but I'm assuming you can't (?). So, it may be that to get the new maps, within a party, we would need to do a custom game.

Yeah, as a party the options for choosing a game are exactly the same as before the patch. You get a choice of team deathmatch or team objective and that's it.

Doel

Wow...

Well my very first game in Free-4-All on the new maps, I ended up in a game with an Insomniac employee (TheBaldwin something or other). So naturally since I was a little pissed off about there not being an option for an entire party to play on them, I started asking him and commenting that we should get such a playlist (I wasn't being an asshole about it, I was just asking questions and making comments).

Well I guess he grew tired of me because even though he was kicking our asses and winning the match, he left the game mid-way through my bitching :lol

He didn't say a word the whole time though, so maybe he didn't even hear me.

The Jer

Raist said:

You can. Go to "multiplayer options" in the main lobby.
There are only about five options there.
One of them let's you pick to use either worldwide servers or the servers in your region.

Not quite sure why anyone wouldn't want to be on the worldwide servers, as long as the game stays lag-free and smooth.

The Jer

Beatbox said:
Yeah, as a party the options for choosing a game are exactly the same as before the patch. You get a choice of team deathmatch or team objective and that's it.

Ya. I went and checked. All the old ranked modes are still there (but tweaked with gametype updates from the patch, of course). These don't seem to play the new maps. But are the same and everyone can play, with or without the map pack. The new ranked mode ONLY plays new maps from map pack 1. It allows a variety of game types, however.

The ranked modes available for parties hasn't changed; likely due to the nature of the new mode, which plays gametypes which parties typically can't enter in ranked games.

So, if we want the new maps as a party, we are going to need to form a custom game.
Or we could just keep playing the way we have been playing and not screw over anyone who didn't purchase the maps.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Beatbox said:

That's pretty dumb. :(

How come js? There must be a good reason for this.

Orlics

The Jer said:
You can. Go to "multiplayer options" in the main lobby.
There are only about five options there.
One of them let's you pick to use either worldwide servers or the servers in your region.

Not quite sure why anyone wouldn't want to be on the worldwide servers, as long as the game stays lag-free and smooth.

The game isn't exactly lag-free when I play on US/European servers, but the netcode is so good it's barely noticeable.

FightyF

Banned
Doel said:
WHAT THE ****

This has probably already been discussed, but why the **** can't we find ranked games with a party, that are map packs only. There NEEDS to be a playlist thats Map Packs only. I thought they had this **** together.

That would defeat the purpose of a ranked game. Ranked games rank your skill across all levels. If someone was a good sniper, they would always choose TDM on sniper-friendly levels to boost their k/d and rankings.

As far as not being able to play the new maps through the usual ranked games...I don't know about that. I figured you would be able to play the new maps through there...as I assumed it's just a bit more intelligence added to the matchmaking algorithm.

I like the new maps. On my projector some areas turned up real dark on both maps, but I have a habit of turning on my flashlight each time I respawn and that helps for things up close. I thought I'd mention it though to see what you guys think about it. I suppose after playing it a bunch this weekend we can come up with better formed opinions on the new maps. But from what I saw, I like them! Whereas the typical 16+ player Resistance map is outdoorsy stuff, these ones feature a lot of interiors to allow for hectic close range action.

ghostmind: Was the "invincible node" experienced during an Assault game?

TTP said:
That's pretty dumb. :(

How come js? There must be a good reason for this.

Thats more than dumb its pure BS, the only reason i got the new maps was to play ranked games with my friends in party mode. Now i cant do that until they do something about it and if the wait to get this patch is anything to go by then i think i will be moving on to another title.

careksims

TONX said:
Please tell me someone has pictures of Maggot flying through Manchester

That made my night. Look! It's a UFO!? A plane!? Superman!? Noooo! It's flying Maggot! :lol

Also seeing the lips talking and making idiotic sounds. That was hilarity!

Kittonwy

Banned
Doel said:
WHAT THE ****

I'm sure this will be addressed.
Indifferent2.gif

Manp

whatever they did with the patch is just wrong...

my first match with the new patch and the result is a black screen with some numbers in a corner and nothing else to do other than reset the console.

and now it won't even let me log in!

WTF?! :mad:

Big_T

Manp said:
whatever they did with the patch is just wrong...

my first match with the new patch and the result is a black screen with some numbers in a corner and nothing else to do other than reset the console.

and now it won't even let me log in!

WTF?! :mad:
that happened to me yesterday black screen with numbers i reset the system and the game worked

Aeon712

Last night we had new maps, old maps, new members (including one from Korea though he won't admit it :lol), old members(Click returned) invincible nodes, flying Maggots :lol, defender kills a plenty and best of all M3 wasn't there so we never lost :D.

And yea stats on Myresistance have been knocked out since yesterday :(. Stats have really been hard to get since they added that sig generator to the stat screen.

womfalcs3

Banned
I have not had any issues with the patch. I even played a few custom matches on Japanese servers. (The games I played with the Japanese actually seemed like a true war simulator. There was a lot of tactical stuff going on. It wasn't just shoot as you go. :lol )

There were instances of .5-second lag, but those were scarce.

patsu

I bought the map pack last night... delayed my moving and played 3 games. Haven't tried the new maps yet but certainly no flying nun, dutch man or maggot :( How in the world did it happen ? Was it because of LAARK or a cheat ?

I can only play on weekdays lately.

Aeon712

patsu said:
I bought the map pack last night... delayed my moving and played 3 games. Haven't tried the new maps yet but certainly no flying nun, dutch man or maggot :( How in the world did it happen ? Was it because of LAARK or a cheat ?

I can only play on weekdays lately.
That whole game was weird, when the round started Maggot was like wtf youre all floating in the air :lol. Later he realized nobody on our team or their team could see him but he could still kill them. This was also the game with the invincible Breach Nodes so we tried to use him as a secret weapon to destroy their node before it got its health back but Base defense still could see him. When rd2 started he was like 20-30 ft in the air slowly moving off the map :lol.

Kittonwy

Banned
kitty1.jpg

^^ REMEMBER WHERE TO GO IN CAMBORNE??? THINK HARD!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

SOMEBODY BRING A MAP FOR TEH NEW MAPS!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
That whole game was weird, when the round started Maggot was like wtf youre all floating in the air :lol. Later he realized nobody on our team or their team could see him but he could still kill them. This was also the game with the invincible Breach Nodes so we tried to use him as a secret weapon to destroy their node before it got its health back but Base defense still could see him. When rd2 started he was like 20-30 ft in the air slowly moving off the map :lol.

Haha that match was fubar. They must've taken out our base node at LEAST 3 or 4 times, and it regenerated! I wonder how pissed they were when we won it (who knows how THAT happened).

The urge to throw grenades into the crowd of people looking at each other talk was just too great. Sorry about that guys. :lol

"kick his ass!"

Lain

This sucks. I can't seem to be able to even get to the menu for online multiplayer. It either fails to connect after choosing online multiplayer, or right after it connects.

Top Bottom