• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

careksims

Aeon712 said:
So I guess we aren't playing Resistance tonight looking at my XMB I see Efertlis, Sutdawg, Lunlunqq and Loco all playing Stardust with Maggot playing Rainbow 6.

Just tried signing on :(, there should be a way to get my 7.99 back :(.

I got on earlier and was surprise there was no one there! So I guess no clan night, tonight. Ah well.

Kittonwy

Banned
careksims said:
I got on earlier and was surprise there was no one there! So I guess no clan night, tonight. Ah well.

I'm on.
Indifferent2.gif

womfalcs3

Banned
I was looking forward to playing worldwide, but I earlier went into the options and switched it to just North America. It seems there's a considerable lag playing WW.... and that ruins the experience for me.

I played a couple of games after that change and it was a lot better. Although for some reason like the other 10 players on my team suddenly just left all at once during one round and I was left to fend for myself. :lol

I was "LAARK"ed to death.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
I slaughtered my Super Stardust score just now. I check my friends list and nobody is playing Resistance. I try logging on anyways and can't get on :(

Greg

Beatbox said:
I slaughtered my Super Stardust score just now. I check my friends list and nobody is playing Resistance. I try logging on anyways and can't get on :(
What'd you get? I have like 4 million because i'm too busy staring at all the damn colors. :lol

I might be on Resistance late tonight.

Bebpo

Banned
So the servers are international now? Awesome. I look forward to finally messing around with the multiplayer. When's the next night you guys are playing?

Pazuzu

Banned
Alright guys, I'm in the Clan now, and ready to kick ass with GAF. I'm +12 hours from EST, though so keep that in mind. Otherwise, see you on the battlefield!

One thing though, on the Asian servers (with my limited Chinese) we used to always discuss tactics and basic game related stuff, and I was always in the top 5. Now on the worldwide servers, I'm getting my ass handed to me by 13 year olds who are constantly screaming about having sex with my mother. You guys are probably used to this, but for me it was reverse culture shock all weekend! :lol Oh I miss the States. Can I get a fat kid.gif?

I3rand0

Really should've won that last CTF game. Is there like a set limit for how many people can join one? This is the first night in a while I can remember playing CTF.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bebpo said:
So the servers are international now? Awesome. I look forward to finally messing around with the multiplayer. When's the next night you guys are playing?

Tuesday, Friday, Sat and Sun at 9PM EST

Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Wow at everybody's online experiences lately. I might just wait until I finish the Darkness before I jump in to Resistance MP again. Hopefully by then, they have it figured out. I'll be on this Friday or Saturday regardless, though.

Just to let everybody know, I did get the map packs and I tried them out off-line. There was something I noticed while screwing around in the MP maps: particle effects, when you shoot the ground (like dust kicking up), and also sparks, lots of sparks (carbine) :D . Have I completely missed these little details in MP until now or is it because they only appear in offline games?

The reason I wasn't on this weekend is because I was playing through Halo 2 for the first time and replaying Halo 1. I had to do it this last weekend since my friend is coming back for his Xbox this week. The ending to Halo 2 really is terrible. :/

Madman

Aeon712 said:
This is bullcrap, I just tried another 5x to get online and they all failed. Can't believe I payed to get my game bricked.
Try more than that. I try until it works. Usually works.

M3Freak

Banned
neogaf_cage_free said:
I've been playing quite a bit since the update and have seen the disconnect issues and the trouble logging in as well, but I'm not seeing the problem M3 mentioned about sensitivity tweaking or speeding up the game. We did not adjust any of those settings so if anything changed at all in the controller it might have something to do with one of Sony's firmware updates. We'll certainly investigate and see if we can figure out anything more on that topic.

Not everyone complained about it, but some did say something was off. After playing for a few minutes, Efertlisdotcom agreed that the sensitivity had been increased. After that others chimed in and said the same thing.

The sensitivity is definitely different now. It happened after the Insomniac patch.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
This is bullcrap, I just tried another 5x to get online and they all failed. Can't believe I payed to get my game bricked.

I got disconnected last night playing with Sutdawh, Kittonwy and Efertlisdotcom. When I tried to log back in, I kept getting network errors. I tried 5 times and gave up.

I'm going to try a few FFA games today. They seem to be working better. But, I still get join game errors, so it's not perfect.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I got disconnected last night playing with Sutdawh, Kittonwy and Efertlisdotcom. When I tried to log back in, I kept getting network errors. I tried 5 times and gave up.

I'm going to try a few FFA games today. They seem to be working better. But, I still get join game errors, so it's not perfect.
I wasn't even given the option of being disconnected since I never once reached the lobby last night.

In other news Sigma just came into my store, urge to buy rising stupid release date.

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have the join game errors back rather than people being dropped. That seems to be the compromise that was made with the March patch.

The Jer

neogaf_cage_free said:
Finally, I know people are frustrated by the map pack and ranked game issue. That is not how it is intended to work. Parties were supposed to be allowed on map pack mayhem and I believe this is a server deployment issue that we can clear up quickly. Also map pack mayhem is a short term solution until we integrate the map packs into the standard ranked game supersets.
Awesome.

neogaf_cage_free said:
Thanks everyone for bearing with us and supporting the game. The issues that occurred during this rollout are not in line with our standards for how we support our games and we will be working closely with Sony to hammer home that message and help them make sure this doesn't happen again.

-Unofficial Chimeran Apologist
:)

gogogow

womfalcs3 said:
I was looking forward to playing worldwide, but I earlier went into the options and switched it to just North America. It seems there's a considerable lag playing WW.... and that ruins the experience for me.

I played a couple of games after that change and it was a lot better. Although for some reason like the other 10 players on my team suddenly just left all at once during one round and I was left to fend for myself. :lol

I was "LAARK"ed to death.

Hey womsfalcs3,

What happened, you were gone after the first minute of the team deathmatch.
You experienced lag too while playing that game?

Anyway, we won that match.

ChryZ

M3Freak said:
Not everyone complained about it, but some did say something was off. After playing for a few minutes, Efertlisdotcom agreed that the sensitivity had been increased. After that others chimed in and said the same thing.

The sensitivity is definitely different now. It happened after the Insomniac patch.
I noticed it too, but I don't think it's the sensitivity. The online MP game seems to run faster after the patch. The gameplay is a lot more twitchy now. I bet they optimized the netcode and curbed some of the necessary headroom to avoid lag issues.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
just played against a few people from spain in a TDM on the new maps, had no problems going on, played great. Now im not sure its because its a monday afternoon or what, but it was running lag free, just the way i like it :D

tanod

when is my burrito
dralla said:
i just logged on, it actually worked. is there any human vs human in ranked games? i f'n hate the stupid chimera

The answer to oyur question is yes. About chimera, I felt the same way when I first started playing. It takes a while to get used to the Chimera playstyle, but ultimately it ended up being different AND fun, for me.

womfalcs3

Banned
gogogow said:
Hey womsfalcs3,

What happened, you were gone after the first minute of the team deathmatch.
You experienced lag too while playing that game?

Anyway, we won that match.

I sent you a message. It started out great with no lag, but then it turned for the worst after my second kill.

I've given up on the voice for now because of my NAT 3 issue...I'm going to try to update my router's driver today and see if I can get the port forwarding (or DMZ) to actually work. Even though I've changed the settings and played around with it extensively, it hasn't helped in changing the NAT.

If you're still on, we can try playing a few deathmatches. (no mic this time though. :D )

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
I noticed it too, but I don't think it's the sensitivity. The online MP game seems to run faster after the patch. The gameplay is a lot more twitchy now. I bet they optimized the netcode and curbed some of the necessary headroom to avoid lag issues.
Back when the game let me play(yes its been long enough since I've been able to get on that I can say back when) after the patch I played a ffa on subway and was like wtf is everyone moving so fast. Took me a couple minutes to get used to it, if not I would've won by more then 3 kills :D.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
M3Freak said:

Well I was wrong. I forgot that I turned off auto-aim the other day and that made a huge difference in circle fights. Turned it back on and all was good last night.

llTll

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Back when the game let me play(yes its been long enough since I've been able to get on that I can say back when) after the patch I played a ffa on subway and was like wtf is everyone moving so fast. Took me a couple minutes to get used to it, if not I would've won by more then 3 kills :D.

how come i dont see you online anymore?

god damn i just finished some unranked game. kicked some ass then left.. then i got invitation from gaf member gogow.. dont know who he is. tried to join his game but i dont know how. so i left :lol

Switch to the NA servers if you think it gets too bad. I've been playing an honestly I only have issues when in team games. We can never seem to get big clans games going now, but i have yet to be kicked out of a ranked FFA game yet. Just as well they seed the tournament in 3 days, and i needs my skillz up to par

BTW conversion game are now teh sex. Its not over instantly just because you spawn near some camper. I went 14-1 last night in a conversion. With 5 llives, you can actually get some kills racked up

gogogow

llTll said:

god damn i just finished some unranked game. kicked some ass then left.. then i got invitation from gaf member gogow.. dont know who he is. tried to join his game but i dont know how. so i left :lol
Dude........it's me gogogow, with the hot babe avatar, remember? Are you maggot9 in Resistance?
WTH happened, you were in the party menu already, the only thing was that I couldn't hear you speak, but you could hear me? Weird.....

And X-E-N-O-N was playing an unranked tdm, probably one of those 3000 points one, he played for another 30 min. so no party for me :(

Aeon712

gogogow said:
Dude........it's me gogogow, with the hot babe avatar, remember? Are you maggot9 in Resistance?
WTH happened, you were in the party menu already, the only thing was that I couldn't hear you speak, but you could hear me? Weird.....

And X-E-N-O-N was playing an unranked tdm, probably one of those 3000 points one, he played for another 30 min. so no party for me :(
He's actually X-E-N-O-N, Maggots psn is the same as his gaf name.
llTll said:

god damn i just finished some unranked game. kicked some ass then left.. then i got invitation from gaf member gogow.. dont know who he is. tried to join his game but i dont know how. so i left
I'm only able to play during the daytime on like Fridays. Though this week I have off Thursday and Friday so maybe we can get some games in then.

gogogow

Aeon712 said:
He's actually X-E-N-O-N, Maggots psn is the same as his gaf name.

I'm only able to play during the daytime on like Fridays. Though this week I have off Thursday and Friday so maybe we can get some games in then.
Alright, yeah, the fact was when you llTll were playing the tdm I send you a invite, I also invited Maggot. He left for some reason, maybe because of his headset, I couldn't hear him, but he could hear me. Anyway, he left and I disbanded the party, (long before you finished your tdm), but after that, you were still playing the unranked game, so I went offline for a while and later went back online, and you were still playing that match lol :lol

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:

I hope they fix this before the tournament or it looks like me and Efertlis will be playing by ourselves. WAIT!!! Who am I kidding, we're probably better off without that crapy 3rd team member.. . I forget what his name was, haven't seen him on much lately. All I remember is he plays as well as the new patch works. Aeon do you remember who the
3rd member of Philly Gaf is? :lol

calder

I've been under a self-imposed exile from RFoM for a couple of months now as I'd always freeze up while in a party in team games. I wonder if that's no longer an issue with the patch and shit... hell I bought the map pack despite being unsure I'll ever play it again simply because the game was *so freaking awesome* for me.

I just played a custom game with my brother and his friend (they've never played it before) and it was... funny. After The Darkness and other games and being away for so long it took me 10 deaths to remember how to switch guns and reload. ;) I keep meaning to start playing Vegas properly but I'll keep an eye on Resistance to see how the post-patch online shakes out.

Kittonwy

Banned
sutdawg said:
I hope they fix this before the tournament or it looks like me and Efertlis will be playing by ourselves. WAIT!!! Who am I kidding, we're probably better off without that crapy 3rd team member.. . I forget what his name was, haven't seen him on much lately. All I remember is he plays as well as the new patch works. Aeon do you remember who the
3rd member of Philly Gaf is? :lol

LOLZ, wuved by teh barrelz.
Indifferent2.gif

CTF on the new maps is great.

Since I got the pack I keep having trouble loging on. Also how come ranked map pack matches dont count towards my stats?

Aeon712

Recap of my last hr

Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
TDM with Tonx going 19-11
Disconnected at stat screen
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
TDM with Tonx and someother guy on my buddy list, disconnected during first round going 12-3
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
TDM with Tonx/Yama(don't remember stats but I only died 5x first rd and one was a phantom suicide)
TDM with Tonx/Yama disconnected at 6-6

Going back to stardust where I just got my new high of 21mil :D, M3 your super low score has vanished from my buddy list, guess it doesn't support 6digits :p.

I3rand0

Beatbox said:
Well I was wrong. I forgot that I turned off auto-aim the other day and that made a huge difference in circle fights. Turned it back on and all was good last night.
I was going to post the same thing, 3 seems to be the sweet spot with it turned back on. One thing that bothers me still is I'm not the best player at this game and yet I can't figure out why/what I'm doing wrong. I've beat the game on Superhuman, and yet when it comes to MP, I get killed all the time. Especially last night in that CTF game we played on Manchester, I must've died over 100 times.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
Recap of my last hr

Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
Login-failed
LOGIN-FAILED

rfom-av15.gif

there is talk is delaying the tournament... i am angry.. hopefully since its us only, they will jsut have everyone use the NA only servers that roxx.

Kittonwy

Banned
108_clk_280.jpg

^^ HANG IN THERE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

HURRY INSOMNIAC!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

The Jer

BobTheFork said:
there is talk is delaying the tournament... i am angry.. hopefully since its us only, they will jsut have everyone use the NA only servers that roxx.
huh?

Where'd you here about this?

Will they still be seeding on the 4th?

Top Bottom