• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
The new maps are so awesome. We need to badly play Breach, Assault and Meltdown on them.
We should just do them in custom like we were with splitting the clan in half and leaving it open for anyone to join. The 2 ranked games we played didn't increase our stats but it increased our games played I believe. I'm now +2 total games vs my wins/loses. As it stands now it's pointless to play mayham ranked(cries for 2 missing stealth kills I'd be at 98 now)

Also Verizon is really ****ing me, I just tried to play with gogo and X-E-N-O-N and got disconnected three times. Right before the tourny my internet decides that it hates Resistance.

ChryZ

Hey Aeon, you're killing me (literally). Those four distracting xmb messages cost me one ship, but I was still able to get my new stardust highscore of 39M :p

I'm now available :lol

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
Hey Aeon, you're killing me (literally). Those four distracting xmb messages cost me one ship, but I was still able to get my new stardust highscore of 39M :p

:lol

I'd try to play but i'd get disconnected, Verizon is being money hatted against the PSN.

womfalcs3

Banned
ChryZ said:

Speaking of which, SCE needs to change that. I hate when somebody goes on/offline or sends me a message when I'm playing as a human in MP. The notification messages block out the radar.

Aeon712

womfalcs3 said:
Speaking of which, SCE needs to change that. I hate when somebody goes on/offline or sends me a message when I'm playing as a human in MP. The notification messages block out the radar.
You can turn notifications off

Greg said:
But you don't want to do that - then you can't tell when Greg signs online. :lol
Yeah have you even played lately. LOL you gonna get raped. Hopefully they will update the brackets Today. If anyone want to see the updates i made to the Tourney thread, go check it out, but please dont bump it until the brackets are up. I updated it as if they already had.
I made Gif of everyone killing people, not too bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Aeon712 said:

I'd try to play but i'd get disconnected, Verizon is being money hatted against the PSN.

same here... I played a couple nights with everyone, and i started gettin dissconected every night... it's so annoying :(

InsomRPS

Jstevenson's stunt double
Hey everyone,

jstevenson is capturing some gameplay footage for E3 today on RCF. BUT, I'm here to let ya know that a new episode of the Full Moon Show is now live here: http://www.insomniacgames.com/podcast/podcast.php

Normally, we don't really give away our Mystery Guests...but...if you like RPGs...or Sonic...or Canada...well, I'd check out the show. I'm jus' sayin'...

Hope all is well, peeps.

RS

tanod

when is my burrito
BobTheFork said:
Yeah have you even played lately. LOL you gonna get raped. Hopefully they will update the brackets Today. If anyone want to see the updates i made to the Tourney thread, go check it out, but please dont bump it until the brackets are up. I updated it as if they already had.
I made Gif of everyone killing people, not too bad.

:lol What's up with all the Killzone avatars!? It's like that Kittonwy thread where everybody changed their avatars to have smilies in them.

InsomRPS said:
Hey everyone,

jstevenson is capturing some gameplay footage for E3 today on RCF. BUT, I'm here to let ya know that a new episode of the Full Moon Show is now live here: http://www.insomniacgames.com/podcast/podcast.php

Normally, we don't really give away our Mystery Guests...but...if you like RPGs...or Sonic...or Canada...well, I'd check out the show. I'm jus' sayin'...

Hope all is well, peeps.

RS
Thanks JStandin, i like the FullMoon Show. Ill give is a listen later tonight.

Edit: oh that. I normally dont change mine up alot, but it looked like fun LOL.

The Jer

BobTheFork said:

ermm.... too late.

I had already bumped it wondering when they were going to update the brackets.....

djkimothy

InsomRPS said:
Hey everyone,

Hope all is well, peeps.

RS

Canada? I'm intrigued.... Sonic? No.

Greg

BobTheFork said:
Yeah have you even played lately. LOL you gonna get raped.
Yeah, it has been a good 10 days since I last played - and before that, a good 5. :lol

As you can see, I'm taking this competition rather seriously - dibs on being the first one to let GAF down! :lol

Andvary

InsomRPS said:
Hey everyone,

Hope all is well, peeps.

RS

Thanks for the podcast guys, I love it.

FightyF

Banned
M3Freak said:
I know you don't like CTF, but last night's match was fun. elDumb**** was the best oppenent, EVER. Oh man....elDumb****. hahahaa

Yeah I got disconnected when playing that new map FFA stuff. I was whoring the shotgun in the tunnels like crazy. I actually couldn't stop laughing as it was so brutally unfair...shotguns in the tunnel = instant death. I was 6 and 1 and I still had lots of ammo when I got disconnected. :p As I said, it was karma.

InsomRPS said:

I like Sonic, and Canada...but I don't listen to podcasts. :p Do you have transcripts available? Oh, read clues, Bioware? Nice.

Congrats, you've made my listen to my first podcast ever. :)

Aeon: if we split up the teams so it's all of GAF versus randoms, we could nail down some strats and stuff...but I do suppose that it may not be that competitive because our discouraged opponents would drop out like flies.

Aeon712

Fight for Freeform said:
Aeon: if we split up the teams so it's all of GAF versus randoms, we could nail down some strats and stuff...but I do suppose that it may not be that competitive because our discouraged opponents would drop out like flies.
Yea thats the problem, If people join a game and see 20 gaf members on blue and 1 or 2 people on orange they won't stay. So it's easier to split the clan and leave it open to get 40players.

Angelcurio

I guess i wont be playing for while, until i figure out a way of getting the map packs. I will try to see if i can send money to a friend of mine in the states so he can put money on my wallet using her cc.

Release the damn PSN cards sony =/

The Jer

Ga Arg.

Registration is closed.
Release the darn brackets for the tournament already.
I gots to know who I'm going to lose to already! :)

I don't want to wait till Saturday. :(

Aeon712

Just got kicked offline :(, atleast it lasted for the ranked games we played. I was just about to stealth kill Godai :D.

I3rand0 on the vents :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
74203549_5bb06ccecd.jpg

^^ TACOS IZ TEH TASTY SO GIMME!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

IT'S TIME TO PREPARE FOR... GAME BATTLE!!! DEAR LORD BEER ME TEH STRENGTH!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
As usual for Fridays after podcasts, there will be a play with Insomniac session at 5pm PST. So get on early before GAF night, and find us in the Custom Games section.

We'll only be playing on the new maps though - so make sure to pick those up if you haven't already.

JS

jstevenson said:
As usual for Fridays after podcasts, there will be a play with Insomniac session at 5pm PST. So get on early before GAF night, and find us in the Custom Games section.

We'll only be playing on the new maps though - so make sure to pick those up if you haven't already.

JS
I wish i could have been there, got on late today. I was really in and out of the clan games tonight. I got booted twice and I got called away to play my Resistance Tourney Match, the other guy really wanted to fight tonight. My next one wont be for several days i think, so im on for tomorrow.

Kittonwy

Banned
536361687_9c777f0ad6.jpg

^^ HAVE A DELICIOUS CUP OF... GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

LOOK ITZ AEON, SHOOT 'EM BARRELZ!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
slider said:
Damn global servers. Has this game suddenly got very hard online?
Ever since our japanese friends joined, yes. I've been having a very hard time defeating them. Chimerian Samurais!

Raist

Banned
TONX said:
Ever since our japanese friends joined, yes. I've been having a very hard time defeating them. Chimerian Samurais!

Yeah they're pretty tough. I ended up on an 8 players TDM yesterday on the manchester map, all 7 other players were japanese <_<
Still managed to win tho :D

It's pretty interesting because their gameplay style is completely different.

Oh, and I think acidice doesn't like them much :lol

Wollan

The Jer said:
wow kittonwy; you are fast with those clan meet-up posts.

Kittonwy & Kaching both deserve all the recognition they can get as they´re the men and reason for the clan still going strong. It´s always interesting reading up on the latest events in this thread.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Kittonwy & Kaching both deserve all the recognition they can get as they´re the men and reason for the clan still going strong. It´s always interesting reading up on the latest events in this thread.

A lot of the credit goes to Beatbox for running the party on game nights and making up for my tendency of dying alot, his mad SSHD skillz is the reason why I would rather just throw up my paws and be playing Resistance instead.
gladtomeetya.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
I'm jumping on tonight too. First time in two weeks. Damn these other games that are worth playing now. :p

Angelcurio

I am planning on getting online right now. Are you guys playing only on the new packs or playing on every maps as always?

I dont want to be left out.

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:
I am planning on getting online right now. Are you guys playing only on the new packs or playing on every maps as always?

I dont want to be left out.

We still play the old maps. We have 18 on right now, we could use more people.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom