• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
I'm liking the frequency of Breach lately...much better than before. There was one Breach round where it was 8 vs. 8. Would have never happened before.

It was cool to have both breach and assault more often, before the patch I was getting pretty tired of having to play meltdown everytime we picked obj, it's not that I don't like meltdown because I do but it's just not as exciting and satisfying as breach or assault. Althought losing meltdown isn't anywhere nearly as heartbreaking as losing breach or assault.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
536451162_90ce8f1689.jpg

^^ DAMMIT I PREFER CHATTING WITH TEH KEYBOARD!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT... SPECIAL E3 EDITION!!!

WHILE GAF IS HAVING ITS MELT-DOWN... WE'LL BE HAVING OUR OWN MELT-DOWNS!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

tanod

when is my burrito
Sorry, not gonna make it Tuesday. Gotta watch the MS press conference, the Killzone meltdowns and the new Harry Potter flick. It's gonna be a CRAZEE night!!!

FightyF

Banned
Kittonwy said:
It was cool to have both breach and assault more often, before the patch I was getting pretty tired of having to play meltdown everytime we picked obj, it's not that I don't like meltdown because I do but it's just not as exciting and satisfying as breach or assault. Althought losing meltdown isn't anywhere nearly as heartbreaking as losing breach or assault.
Indifferent2.gif

Well, everyone is getting better, and we just need a bit of practice. People were busy with Warhawk, and now that everyone's back we can get back to form and DOMINATE.

On Sat we lost one Assault round by a hair, but dominated the next round...so I suppose you can say that already did turn it around.

careksims

Dunno about Tuesday night because of the MS conference but then again I have the comp near the TV. Nice strategies Kittonwy. Too bad I'm defense ^^;

Aeon712

Angelcurio said:
I will skip tonights game, the killzone meltdown thread is gonna be awesome
Indifferent2.gif
Gaf will have a meltdown and become error city before Killzone gets revealed. Also I thought the MS press conference was tomorrow. Ah well no way I'm letting 360 keep me from Resistance.

Also now that I have my stealth kill medal, I think me and Efertlis are the closest gaffers to getting all the medals. We both need 2 more but the one we share in common is the 5000 game medal and I'm 3000 games away :(.

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Gaf will have a meltdown and become error city before Killzone gets revealed. Also I thought the MS press conference was tomorrow. Ah well no way I'm letting 360 keep me from Resistance.

Also now that I have my stealth kill medal, I think me and Efertlis are the closest gaffers to getting all the medals. We both need 2 more but the one we share in common is the 5000 game medal and I'm 3000 games away :(.

I will be playing tonight.

tanod

when is my burrito
InterMoniker said:
Damn I hope kaching gets my message I've been wanting to play with you guys for a while now...

Message 'Kittonwy' or 'efertlisdotcom' in-game between 9PM and 10PM EST and you should get an invite.

Kittonwy

Banned
aef.jpg

^^ ARGGGGG!!! LET'S FINISH THIS FIGHT!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

TO VICTORY!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

lynux3

jstevenson said:
Gooo kitty!

Got things to do this weekend, otherwise I'd join on to rock your worlds.

Maybe next Tuesday?

So when are we going to be able to choose to play between Team Obj. on the new maps and Team Deathmatch/Deathmatch? :p

jjasper

Hey JS I was wondering will you guys go back and add rumble to Resistance or is the team so focused on 2 that they will just pass?

djkimothy

Aeon712 said:
I'll be on tonight, wanna try out a new sensitivity of 3 from the 5 I've been playing with.

Plan on sniping much? I find it's much too slow for regular turning. :( I figure, I spend more time shooting than sniping.

BTW, I'm out tonight, maybe Saturday or Sunday.

Kittonwy

Banned
14885399_335878c2f6.jpg

^^ SORRY I MISSED IT LAST NIGHT I GOT HOME AT 2AM AND WUZ PISS-DRUNK!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

MAKE IT COUNT!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

Big-E

JS, a couple of guys experienced issues last night. For some us like me, efertlis and click we could not see or hear any weapons fire for a couple of games. We could only hear and see out own. We were getting killed by invisible grenades, invisible air fuels etc. It did not appear to be lag because everyone was moving at the right speed and kills were registering instantly. One of the games did return to normal but the game was almost over. Just wondering if you have seen anything like this before.

tanod

when is my burrito
Who's up for some E3 discussion chat at the normal time before we start playing??? I would really like to hear what some people thought of some of the games on display.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
Who's up for some E3 discussion chat at the normal time before we start playing??? I would really like to hear what some people thought of some of the games on display.

I'll be on, since I'm not going out tonight (not hung over or anything, just tired).

Hey, this is probably old news but I thought I'd let the Clan know...Amazon is running the SIXAXIS for $39.99 ($10 off) right now w/ free Super Saver shipping.

See ya'll on tonight in a little while.

tanod said:

Meeeeeeee! Meeeeeee! Pick Meeeeeee!

tanod

when is my burrito
djkimothy said:
What time is this round table chat?

Well it depends on whether people want to do it on PSN or in the Resistance lobby. I would prefer the Resistance lobby at about 9:30 EST / 6:30 PST so we can fit more than 6 people in.

JS, are you up for some E3 talk?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Too late for E3 chat tonight?

I can probably jump on tomorrow for an E3 chat session. Let's set a solid time though, that'll make me sure to do it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i just beat the game (on easy, so what, at least i got through it). that was ridiculous. i dont think i can do it on any other difficulty without punching something.

i guess i'll play through it again sometime in the future just because there are "new weapons" to use...

Angelcurio

Kittonwy said:
We played the normal maps tonight.
I know, since no one actually answered my question on time i just decided to join you without any confirmation. Really Awesome games last night, specially the almost an hour long Assault game :D

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:
Too late for E3 chat tonight?

I can probably jump on tomorrow for an E3 chat session. Let's set a solid time though, that'll make me sure to do it.

I'd really like to do it still. I just need to see who all is interested. Maybe we can do it earlier than the normal scheduled time (9PM EST). Maybe we can do it at 8:30 EST.

I just need to know who is interested.

careksims

tanod said:
I'd really like to do it still. I just need to see who all is interested. Maybe we can do it earlier than the normal scheduled time (9PM EST). Maybe we can do it at 8:30 EST.

Oh yeah I'm interested. Is this like chat in the Resistance lobby?

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:

I'm in. I'll be on at 8:30 p.m., hopefully.

Kittonwy

Banned
t_4_cats_101.jpg

^^ WHEN IN NOTTINGHAM ASSAULT, TAKE THE SOUTHERN ROUTE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

TEH AUGER IS YOUR FRIEND!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

Kittonwy

Banned
Like I've said before in Nottingham assault NOTHING does more damage to echo/delta than an auger (I'm including the probably of success since you have to get right up to the node to use an arc charger and you don't always make it all the way to the node with it, with an auger AND a clear shot you can always do some damage, and the closer to the enemy node the more likely you'll get shot at, and the more easily you'll get shot at) and it's accessible from where alpha (at the bottom of the map) is, you pick up the auger, and as soon as you can spot echo/foxtrot, you can fire at it without having to approach to open up the node, you can even zoom in to get a better view.

And the auger ammo is right between echo and alpha, by the time you have to reload the ammo is right there, it will spawn faster than you can empty all three clips. BOTH the auger and the ammo spawns probably the fastest among weapons and ammo. 3 clips of auger fire can take down 50+ points in damage to the node, couple that with regular style attack you can take down the node very easily AND MUCH FASTER.

You do not have to get the auger from the base, get it from alpha, there are TWO auger spawn points there. Alpha is also the spawn point of the laark. I saw last night people were going through the top route (charlie route), yes it has a lot of weapons but none as effective as the auger against a node and you have to either make it up the ramp or go up the elevator from the bottom, both of which exposes you to enemy fire. You can also auger the upper node with the auger through the wall without exposing yourself to enemy fire since there's a sniper rifle in the middle platform (I think, correct me if I'm wrong), so you can also snipe at people trying to go around the middle. If you want to rack up the kills you can also camp at alpha and clear the tunnel with the auger during the later stages without exposing yourself to attack when both nodes are taken down.

Like Breach we have to secure the alpha route and the middle platform first, especially in assault since the nodes don't recover from damage and you can't stop auger fire, but this is even more important in assault because of how much permanent damage auger fire does to enemy nodes. I don't know why not everybody is on the same page, and I understand people need to do their own thing but if we give up the alpha route, the other team will use it against us, they can see last night that we're doing this, and there's no way to defend against it when that route is being conceded to the enemy.

Thank you all.
gladtomeetya.gif

Kittonwy said:
Like I've said before in Nottingham assault NOTHING does more damage to echo/delta than an auger (I'm including the probably of success since you have to get right up to the node to use an arc charger and you don't always make it all the way to the node with it, with an auger AND a clear shot you can always do some damage, and the closer to the enemy node the more likely you'll get shot at, and the more easily you'll get shot at) and it's accessible from where alpha (at the bottom of the map) is, you pick up the auger, and as soon as you can spot echo/foxtrot, you can fire at it without having to approach to open up the node, you can even zoom to get a better view.

And the auger ammo is right between echo and alpha, by the time you have to reload the ammo is right there, it will spawn faster than you can empty all three clips. BOTH the auger and the ammo spawns probably the fastest among weapons and ammo. 3 clips of auger fire can take down 50+ points in damage to the node, couple that with regular style attack you can take down the node very easily AND MUCH FASTER.

You do not have to get the auger from the base, get it from alpha, there's TWO auger spawn points there. Alpha is also the spawn point of the laark. I saw last night people were going through the top route (charlie route), yes it has a lot of weapons but none as effective as the auger against a node and you have to either make it up the ramp or go up the elevator from the bottom, both of which exposes you to enemy fire. You can also auger the upper node with the auger through the wall without exposing yourself to enemy fire since there's a sniper rifle in the middle platform (I think, correct me if I'm wrong), so you can also snipe at people trying to go around the middle. If you want to rack up the kills you can also camp at alpha and clear the tunnel with the auger during the later stages without exposing yourself to attack when both nodes are taken down.

Like Breach we have to secure the alpha route and the middle platform first, especially in assault since the nodes don't recover from damage and you can't stop auger fire, but this is even more important in assault because of how much permanent damage auger fire does to enemy nodes. I don't know why not everybody is on the same page, and I understand people need to do their own thing but if we give up the alpha route, the other team will use it against us, they can see last night that we're doing this, and there's no way to defend against it when that route is being conceded to the enemy.

Thank you all.
gladtomeetya.gif

Actually Kittonwy, I think if we only had a couple more people securing Alpha in the South and using the weapons spawned there, we'd be fine.

You still need a major fighting detachment on the Northern route, because that helps the defense immensely. The tougher the fight for that route, the less the enemy has to throw at the defense. Plus, once the enemy is closed off from easy access to those weapons, (and consequently the weapons in the top middle...a side-effect of a strong two-front attack) it makes his defense from our attacks in the South a lot harder.

I think finding the balance between having the right players on offense for both of the two routes plus just enough on defense is the real key. If you have a good mix of skilled players in the right places, you are tough to beat.

Trying to figure out the best way of communicating where and how to put a just a few extra guys right where they need to be when they need to be, either to exploit an enemy weakness or to react to an enemy threat, without sending too many guys away from their posts, is the real $1,000,000 question.

tanod

when is my burrito
It should also be noted that a squad of 3 decent snipers camped out at the top of the map are a HUGE threat to winning, which also makes the northern route important as well.

I have one questions Kittonwy: You can hit a node when the shield is up with the auger??? That sounds like what you're saying.

Also E3 chat is gonna happen in the Resistance lobby at 8:30 EST sharp. I will create the party. This will just give us an opportunity to hear what everybody thought of the show.

I have format and some questions in mind to help move the discussion along. See you there. Oh, I'll send out a reminder on PSN to everybody on my friends list.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
It should also be noted that a squad of 3 decent snipers camped out at the top of the map are a HUGE threat to winning, which also makes the northern route important as well.

I have one questions Kittonwy: You can hit a node when the shield is up with the auger??? That sounds like what you're saying.

Also E3 chat is gonna happen in the Resistance lobby at 8:30 EST sharp. I will create the party. This will just give us an opportunity to hear what everybody thought of the show.

I have format and some questions in mind to help move the discussion along. See you there. Oh, I'll send out a reminder on PSN to everybody on my friends list.

That is correct. You can hit the CLOSED NODE (with the shield up) with the auger from a distance and do damage.

Top Bottom