• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Angelcurio

Kittonwy said:
We still play the old maps. We have 18 on right now, we could use more people.
Indifferent2.gif
I am trying to to get online. I am still receiving those "login failed" messages.

EDIT:

Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed
Login Failed

Jesus Christ, its driving me nuts.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aeon712 said:
Obvious score since I'm not there, Efertlis and Sutdawg don't seem to be on either. Team Philly not representing tonight?

Why don't you come on so I can beat you too? And efert is on.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Obvious score since I'm not there, Efertlis and Sutdawg don't seem to be on either. Team Philly not representing tonight?

No - team Philly Gaf disbanded since you lacked the dedication needed to be successfull in this day and age. Slacker.

Maggot9

Banned
Sorry I wasn't able to make it tonight. I was playing Rainbow 6 ALLLLL freaking day/night. I'm ranked 65 out of 15000 or so in deathmatch in that game. :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I just played Click (Crackerman) in 1v1. Took him down 25-6... including a Dragon kill, an Air Fuel kill, and the final kill being me sniping an exploding barrel as he ran by :lol .

careksims

jstevenson said:
I just played Click (Crackerman) in 1v1. Took him down 25-6... including a Dragon kill, an Air Fuel kill, and the final kill being me sniping an exploding barrel as he ran by :lol .

You're evil! :lol Congrats.

Good Assault game guys with Click as the leader. Completed my night. :D

Pazuzu

Banned
(I'm Mifune) Great set of games guys, (except the last one together we did alright!) I could hear out of my mic, but it wasn't transmitting my voice. Sorry. Think that was a one-time thing.

Got a few questions for better play next time:

1. There was a ridiculous echo while we were in the lobby. Was that just me/my mic, or is it always that way?

2. I usually only play deathmatch games, so regarding assault/meltdown...I was usually guarding Echo alone, should I even bother, or just stick with a squad even if we leave a node unguarded?

3. I have the Asian version of Resistance, will the new maps work if I buy them off the US store or do I have to buy them of the Asian PSN? (I have no funds in my Asian account, but loads in my US account).

Thanks again, see you guys online later!

M3Freak

Banned
Pazuzu said:
1. There was a ridiculous echo while we were in the lobby. Was that just me/my mic, or is it always that way?

We don't get that crazy echo with the regular guys. Someone that we don't play with very often or a new dude was the source of that echo.

The only way to fix it is to try to mute players and see if things improve.

About the clan: I think we should remove players that don't have the new maps, or don't allow them to play on clan nights, otherwise those of us that have bought them will never get a chance to play them on clan nights - that would be major ass suckage. What do you guys think?

djkimothy

I don't know about removing players. But we should definitely have clan night with payers that only bought the map pack. Cause you're right. It would suck if our clan nights were mostly the normal maps.

We should do a special "every other night" clan night with map pack buyers until everyone is up to speed.

tanod

when is my burrito
djkimothy said:
I don't know about removing players. But we should definitely have clan night with payers that only bought the map pack. Cause you're right. It would suck if our clan nights were mostly the normal maps.

We should do a special "every other night" clan night with map pack buyers until everyone is up to speed.

I like this idea better. How about on Saturdays, we have the non-map pack night and every other clan night, only map pack people.

ChryZ

tanod said:
I like this idea better. How about on Saturdays, we have the non-map pack night and every other clan night, only map pack people.
I'm only able to join clan nights on Saturdays (pretty much), so I don't second this proposal.

Angelcurio

M3Freak said:
We don't get that crazy echo with the regular guys. Someone that we don't play with very often or a new dude was the source of that echo.

About the clan: I think we should remove players that don't have the new maps, or don't allow them to play on clan nights, otherwise those of us that have bought them will never get a chance to play them on clan nights - that would be major ass suckage. What do you guys think?
Being one of the few gaffers who still dont have the maps i think thats a fair suggestion. The team shouldnt be held back because of us. I dont like to be kicked put from the party, since i plan to get the maps when i find a way to do so (or sony releases the PSN cards), so the suggestion of not being allowed into clan nights its a fair one.

I will try now with the visa debit cards that tanod mentioned during the last night clan meeting.

M3Freak

Banned
djkimothy said:

I like that better, but the problem is getting everyone together "every other night" will be difficult. How about one of the official clan nights gets turned into a "map pack 1 buyers" only night? I suggest one of the weekdays - Fridays, anyone?

patsu

slider said:
Damn global servers. Has this game suddenly got very hard online?

*Nod* *Nod* Right before joining the clan last night, I was in a 10K - 64D Somerset game. It's a sad combination of 5 snipers, LAARKers + 3 excellent 1v1 Asian players. Only 2 of us stayed for the entire game (down from 8).

I was _so_ happy to receive ChryZ's invite when the result screen popped up.

As for the new maps... I actually don't mind gifting it to someone who contributed heavily (read: grunt work) to our game clan. Want to take this opportunity to thank people like Kittonwy, Wollan (for his significant earlier push), kaching (for the "paperwork") and Beatbox (whose PSN id is incredibly hard to remember for someone as old as me :lol ).

I left early last night after a network disconnect. Was in a party and they all wanted to see the shiny PS3. I ended up running off with the clan for a few hours while my family entertained the guests. :p

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
jstevenson said:

Damn i missed it!

Geoff9920

M3Freak said:
I don't think that was me, as my mic died half-way through the night, but what causes that? Is it just someone having their stereo too loud or what?

Aeon712

What's the point of removing members that don't have the maps if we can't even play the maps ranked?

Angel have you tried creating another account for a different region and seeing if that store will accept your credit card and then sharing the maps with your main account. Or using the buy/sell thread to ask a JP member to get you a pscard and buying the maps from the JP store.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:

I don't know, I want everybody to play, even if it means that sometimes we might have to stick with the regular maps.
Indifferent2.gif

For those who don't have the new maps... GET TEH ****ING MAPS!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I like that better, but the problem is getting everyone together "every other night" will be difficult. How about one of the official clan nights gets turned into a "map pack 1 buyers" only night? I suggest one of the weekdays - Fridays, anyone?
Don't even think about touching Fridays or Saturdays since those are the two clan nights that I can def not only play but can play the longest so I'd rather enjoy them with everyone.

Besides I rather come off as a cocky jerk then an elitist I have the maps you don't jerk :lol .

Kittonwy

Banned
223864721_4a01003af1.jpg

^^ GUYZ MORE 1v1 HUGGLEZ!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

IT'S TIME FOR GAME BATTLE... ASSEMBLE IN TEH THUNDERDOME!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

patsu

In principle, I agree that we should leave the clan nights open for everyone, including newcomers. But we should really figure out something for the new maps. I have not seen the larger version yet (The biggest I have seen is 8 player DM).

Angelcurio

Aeon712 said:
What's the point of removing members that don't have the maps if we can't even play the maps ranked?

Angel have you tried creating another account for a different region and seeing if that store will accept your credit card and then sharing the maps with your main account. Or using the buy/sell thread to ask a JP member to get you a pscard and buying the maps from the JP store.
The problem with the CC is that everytime i try to register them, it always gives me some weird error, like my info not being correct. To make things even more wierd, i can buy things from everywhere in the world with that CC, in fact with that same CC is that i buy most of my games from US stores.

Now, buying the maps from the JP store sounds like a good idea. How would i transfer the money to the jap user?

On the other hand, i was checking out the visa debit cards that tanod mentioned last night, but they require me to have an actual physical adress in the states, and i only have a P.O. Box one to ship my games to it, and they do not ship those cards to P.O. box adresses. So i would like anyone from here to help me in this matter, to give me a physical adress to send the visa debit card to it when i buy them online, so they could receive them for me and give me the info later via pm or msn.

Kittonwy said:
I don't know, I want everybody to play, even if it means that sometimes we might have to stick with the regular maps.
Indifferent2.gif

For those who don't have the new maps... GET TEH ****ING MAPS!!!111!!!
angry.gif
Sony doesnt want me to get the maps =/

djkimothy

M3Freak said:

Well, I prefer Saturday over Friday as i'm out most of the time that night. But then again, ditto with Saturday. Sunday would probably work best for me.

ChryZ

One can download so much free crap off the PSN store, it gave me a nice idea: they should include the maps into the patches so that all Resistance owner will get them. In order to play on them you have to buy an entitlement, if you're not having the entitlement and you're part of a party, that is heading into a "new maps" game, then you'll be a spectator.

M3Freak

Banned
ChryZ said:
One can download so much free crap off the PSN store, it gave me a nice idea: they should include the maps into the patches so that all Resistance owner will get them. In order to play on them you have to buy an entitlement, if you're not having the entitlement and you're part of a party, that is heading into a "new maps" game, then you'll be a spectator.

That's a good idea, but it's too long term. We need a solution now.

Basically, I bought the maps, and so did the regular clan dudes. I for one want to play them - I don't care if matches aren't ranked at the moment.

I like playing with everyone, but if everyone doesn't have the new maps, that screws shit up. So, what do we do? Not play the new maps? I can play by myself with random people, but that destroys 90% of the fun for me.

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
I like playing with everyone, but if everyone doesn't have the new maps, that screws shit up. So, what do we do? Not play the new maps? I can play by myself with random people, but that destroys 90% of the fun for me.
So you wanna destroy the fun for the members that aren't able to buy the maps by excluding them? Selfish much ?

FightyF

Banned
Y'know, I'd try this if there weren't sensitive CC info I don't want to erase...but couldn't you simply share map packs?

I mean, if I was on Angel's PS3, created a new account with my nrXic account email, it will allow me to download all the things I've purchased from PSN. So I could dload the maps.

And then he can log me out, and log in as he usually does, and play Resistance...he may very well have the map pack included...that is unless it looks at the username of the player who logged in, and then chooses not to make them available.

The only one that can confirm this is js...

patsu

Aeon712 said:
So you wanna destroy the fun for the members that aren't able to buy the maps by excluding them? Selfish much ?

Ouch... there is probably a middle ground somewhere. How about we find a day (just a day) to play the new maps first ? We let everyone know that this is happening for that day, so people would be disappointed last minute.

We might even pick up some new guys off the new maps since I think most of them have not played on the large version. When enough guys with new maps show up, it might even take a life of its own (long shot but we can try).

I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. We just need to give room for things to grow.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
That's a good idea, but it's too long term. We need a solution now.

Basically, I bought the maps, and so did the regular clan dudes. I for one want to play them - I don't care if matches aren't ranked at the moment.

There are 4 regular clan nights, FOUR, so we could probably designate ONE of the clan nights as the new maps night until some of the other people get the maps as well, that way those of us who have the new maps can enjoy the maps while those who don't can still play on the remaining three clan nights.

Personally I quite enjoyed having 18-19 people showing up on the clan night last night even if it meant we didn't get to play the new maps, I love big crowds, but I see your point and obviously some sort of compromise has to be made to allow people with the new maps to try them out as a clan. That said, we need to figure out the days where people are going to be on so we can be fair to everyone.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:
The problem with the CC is that everytime i try to register them, it always gives me some weird error, like my info not being correct. To make things even more wierd, i can buy things from everywhere in the world with that CC, in fact with that same CC is that i buy most of my games from US stores.

Now, buying the maps from the JP store sounds like a good idea. How would i transfer the money to the jap user?

On the other hand, i was checking out the visa debit cards that tanod mentioned last night, but they require me to have an actual physical adress in the states, and i only have a P.O. Box one to ship my games to it, and they do not ship those cards to P.O. box adresses. So i would like anyone from here to help me in this matter, to give me a physical adress to send the visa debit card to it when i buy them online, so they could receive them for me and give me the info later via pm or msn.

Sony doesnt want me to get the maps =/

I'm still kind of confused by your dilemma and I don't know how to help you even though I want to. Which region do you reside in? Which region is your PS3? Which region is your Resistance game disc? Which region is your CC?

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
There are 4 regular clan nights, FOUR, so we could probably designate ONE of the clan nights as the new maps night until some of the other people get the maps as well, that way those of us who have the new maps can enjoy the maps while those who don't can still play on the remaining three clan nights.

Personally I quite enjoyed having 18-19 people showing up on the clan night last night even if it meant we didn't get to play the new maps, I love big crowds, but I see your point and obviously some sort of compromise has to be made to allow people with the new maps to try them out as a clan. That said, we need to figure out the days where people are going to be on so we can be fair to everyone.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Indifferent2.gif

That's why I suggested Friday or Saturday, but everyone is free to suggest another day. One of our clan nights has to go "new maps only". It can either be one of the existing clan nights, or a new one.

I'll be destroyed by the wife if I told her we're adding a new clan night, though. Sucks to be me. :(

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I'm still kind of confused by your dilemma and I don't know how to help you even though I want to. Which region do you reside in? Which region is your PS3? Which region is your Resistance game disc? Which region is your CC?

He appears to have a North American PS3 in a different part of the world, but his credit card is obviously for his local region. Could PSN and/or Insomniac be checking where the credit card is from, finding it's outside of North America (even though he has the NA PS3 and game), and is denying him the ability to purchase?

Maybe Angel uncovered a bug in the PSN, or doing what he's trying to do is specifically banned.

M3Freak said:
He appears to have a North American PS3 in a different part of the world, but his credit card is obviously for his local region. Could PSN and/or Insomniac be checking where the credit card is from, finding it's outside of North America (even though he has the NA PS3 and game), and is denying him the ability to purchase?

Maybe Angel uncovered a bug in the PSN, or doing what he's trying to do is specifically banned.
can we 'share' him the maps? i know JS is here but he cant buy them anyway, so same off.

Angelcurio

Kittonwy said:
Everything is from the states. My CC is from my country, Dominican Republic. I have a P.O. Box address from the states, miami, which i use to buy my games, since i import them from the states, they are shipped to my p.o. box address and then a local company retrieves the packages and bring them to my country. My CC has that same address as well. The only place in the whole world where i cant use my CC is the PSN.

I really want to buy lots of thing from the store, specially the map packs and SSHD, but not being able to set up my CC into the PSN network has me almost aisled.

Tanod gave me a great idea as i mentioned before with the visa debit cards, but they dont ship to p.o. box address either.

If anyone wants to volunteer, i could send you the money needed for the map packs via any agency, so once you receive it you could log on into my account from your ps3 and buy the map packs for me.

I guess i should thank Sony for not releasing the PSN cards =/

Kittonwy

Banned
LOL @ teh massive death count and teh subsequent squirming in that first Nottingham assault game, welcome to my world. The last assault game was awesome though, everybody was working well together and we were kicking ass even with the other team setting up snipers and stuff.
Indifferent2.gif

careksims

Kittonwy said:
LOL @ teh massive death count and teh subsequent squirming in that first Nottingham assault game, welcome to my world. The last assault game was awesome though, everybody was working well together and we were kicking ass even with the other team setting up snipers and stuff.
Indifferent2.gif

Hell yeah! On that first match we were getting swarmed and then "back to the base!" and then we set our defenses there and just calling out where the enemy was spotted. The other Assault games were beautiful too. GG and teamwork Guys!

tanod

when is my burrito
I had a really good time on Saturdays guys. I hadn't been on for two weeks and my first round in, I got first and the second round I got 4th. :D :D :D

To Kittonwy: As you said, we had a really great group on Saturday with almost 20 people, but the thing is that only 3 people didn't have the map packs (queeg - AUS, mifune - KOREA, and angel - DR). Angel has an excuse but I don't know who the others are.

For sure, I don't think we should kick anybody out, but we really do need to set aside a couple (if not all but one) clan nights for people with the map packs. The vast majority of clansmen have them so it's only fair.

Angel, have you also tried contacting Sony? Ask them why it isn't working. Maybe try setting your CC billing address as your physical address in the DR. Maybe that will work?

Orlics

I have a similar problem with the maps. I have a US account so I can't use any credit card from where I live (Philippines). It won't work with a HK or Singapore account either.

I will be able to buy the maps when I go to the US for college in the fall, though. (hm, but that'll be just a month before Halo 3 :p)

Kittonwy

Banned
I forgot all about sharing the new strategies discovered during Sunday night's games.
Indifferent2.gif

In Nottingham assault (if starting from the right), spawn at delta, go through where alpha would be, pick up auger and attack echo LONG RANGE using zoom. You don't have to go near the node or even have an unimpeded shot since the auger shot will just get stronger through the wall as long as you properly line it up which would be EASY. OR if you want to attack the node just north of echo you can always take your auger to where bravo would be, and shoot across the bridge and through the wall, once again reaping the benefit of the increased power of the auger shot. None of this will ever require having the node open up in order to do significant damage, while others can approach and try to destroy the node in the traditional way. And if you're sniping from half-way between echo and alpha, there's an auger ammo right there so when you unloaded ALL THREE CLIPS into echo, you just move a few feet and reload.

In Somerset assault (if starting from the left), spawn at delta, pick up the auger at delta and proceed to either the bottom of the hill at echo, or get up on the upper level of the fort and snipe the node from afar, a great way to complement the traditional method of attacking the node.

The key is that THE AUGER SPAWNS FAST, and basically you can have the whole squad equipped with it and pummel the node to submission before the other team even knows wtf happened.

That's about it.
Indifferent2.gif

Pazuzu

Banned
tanod said:
...only 3 people didn't have the map packs (queeg - AUS, mifune - KOREA, and angel - DR).
I'm Mifune, and I got the Maps now, so now I can start complaining about the people who don't. :D

FightyF

Banned
I'm liking the frequency of Breach lately...much better than before. There was one Breach round where it was 8 vs. 8. Would have never happened before.

Top Bottom