• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kreuzader

Ooof, I have a lot to learn; I played mp for the first time tonight and got my ass handed to me. Feels a lot different from the PC fps games I'm used to!

Kittonwy

Banned
FFA in westmore.
angry.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
just started gettin into gamebattles... I wanna try finding some competition? Does the GAF clan play game battles or just ranked games? Any ways I'm a bit confused on how exactly it works (noob) anybody help me get started?

The Jer

I'm just messing around.

We don't set up our clan matches through a website or anything.

We do ranked matches.

We get asked to do GB... ummm.... quite often. too often, really.

Big-E

msdstc said:
you use... neogaf message board to find OTHER clans to play against? Doesn't that get repetetive.

We don't game battle. We just play ranked games against random people. Sometimes an opposing clan will be on the other end, sometimes we will play a bunch of noobs. I am sure if we did game battles we would do pretty good but the clan is more casual and a lot of people like it that way, myself included.

patsu

I thought that's the easy part ? I mean I got invited to a few game battles after I sent a PSN message to a guy saying his girl friend is fat. *nod* *nod*

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Big-E said:
We don't game battle. We just play ranked games against random people. Sometimes an opposing clan will be on the other end, sometimes we will play a bunch of noobs. I am sure if we did game battles we would do pretty good but the clan is more casual and a lot of people like it that way, myself included.

Yah I played with you guys a couple times a while back, but I felt bad.... verizon would disconnect me and you guys would be down a man. Yah I used to play more casual, but I wanna make it a little more interesting, keep track of my clans wins and such, tryin to find motivation to play the game more.

patsu said:
I thought that's the easy part ? I mean I got invited to a few game battles after I sent a PSN message to a guy saying his girl friend is fat. *nod* *nod*

:lol :lol :lol

Just wondering though... you just registered to game battle and you just get a challenge? Because I'm on the site, and it looks like all you do is join ladders, not just find pick up games, I dunno it's not very user friendly for starters.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sorry I didn't stay on to play guys... when Major posted the podcast I had to check that out and I've been doing other E3 wrap-up stuff and chatting with friends online... then suddenly it was Entourage time and then got into some Stardust... whee

careksims

jstevenson said:
Sorry I didn't stay on to play guys... when Major posted the podcast I had to check that out and I've been doing other E3 wrap-up stuff and chatting with friends online... then suddenly it was Entourage time and then got into some Stardust... whee

Excuses, excuses... just kidding. The podcast was funny though darn that Major. Thanks for the E3 stories.

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:

Thanks for coming and hanging out last night and thanks for the stories and impressions. I'm looking forward to this week's podcast.
Mikami?? :)
Can't wait.

Insomniac's podcast totally owns the major's podcast. owned

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Sorry I haven't been playing much lately. I got hooked into SP again. I will be on Tuesday night if I can break away from playing NCAA with my buddy. :)

jjasper

:lol Last night I figured out how to do the thing where you get a swarm of bullseye bullets. Only took me 2 full play throughs and a 1/3 of the way through superhuman.

Aeon712

ggnoobIGN said:
Looking to join the GAF clan.

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

This is from the Call to Arms post Kitton makes every clan night.

tanod

when is my burrito
rubso said:
I want to join the NeoGAF clan too.

just tell me how to do that :D
Thanks in advance.

Log into MP, go to "community." In community, there should be an option for "Clan Sheet" and on that screen, you should see an option or a button press that says "Leave Clan" if you are already in a clan.

patsu

I just played Meltdown in Cambourne yesterday in a 8 vs 8 game. It's the first time I ever played objective games on the new maps. It seems that there are more people in the game now (probably due to the price drop and Blu-ray promotion).

Kittonwy

Banned
43fc6daf0ea23.jpg

^^ HELLO??? YEAH, IT'S TUESDAY ALREADY!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT... SPECIAL PLAYSTATION PREMIERE EDITION!!!

MICKEY SEZ BEER AND WOMEN MAKE US WEAK, I SAY HE'S WRONG!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Heard that "Kaz_Hirai" was playing with you guys last night, and he had some weird "snowglobe" icon next to his name. Any confirmation?

The Jer

WasabiKing said:
Heard that "Kaz_Hirai" was playing with you guys last night, and he had some weird "snowglobe" icon next to his name. Any confirmation?

The "snowglobe" is a moon (the Insomniac symbol). Insomniac employees have it next to their user names.

It looks like a pokeball to me. ;)

FredFish

Saw the party invite as I was staging for a FFA last night. Was only on for a quick match before I hit the sack. I should be on tonight to help the wedge clear whatever rabble stumbles into our path

FightyF

Banned
Heh, as a testament to my laziness, I hope someone here has been able to take pics of all the maps, including the new ones, so that strats can be shown in visual form.

If I am the first to post such maps, I swear that I'm going to give names to all the streets and areas to make it easier to identify while we are playing. With names like "things break" avenue and "O Rly" road...I'm sure that'll motivate you guys to try to beat me to it.

womfalcs3

Banned
Have they changed the gameplay?

I've only been away for a week, yet it seems like the gameplay is different. It's weird picking it up again now.

tanod

when is my burrito
womfalcs3 said:
Have they changed the gameplay?

I've only been away for a week, yet it seems like the gameplay is different. It's weird picking it up again now.

I took a two and a half week break. It seems the same to me.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Sorry I can't join ya, still in the office and working on the podcast.

Too bad you couldn't make it, Kaz was there, we had a pretty good crowd tonight right up until the end and we were DOMINATING that Somerset Breach!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom