• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

careksims

Kittonwy said:
Too bad you couldn't make it, Kaz was there, we had a pretty good crowd tonight right up until the end and we were DOMINATING that Somerset Breach!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Hell yeah. We be dominating and they be rollin' down - dead.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Kittonwy said:
No, just an Insomniac who took Kaz's name before Kaz did (not that I think Kaz would want to run around online with people knowing he's Kaz).
Indifferent2.gif

We pretty much have all the big exec names, and then some. You should've seen the entire office waiting for the PSN registration to open about 2 weeks before launch, USB keyboards were in short supply that day.

milkham

hey guys, new ps3 owner here, I was wondering if resistance has been patched to enable 1080i output yet. My tv does 720p but 1080i sources come out sharper due to the tv scaler's poor handling of 720p signals.

careksims

Haha! Though that one TDM sucked for me, it was made up in that Subways map. Thanks Click and nrXic for the matches at 12am Pacific time!

FightyF

Banned
Took pics of the maps just now...for Breach and Assault game modes.

They didn't turn out that well...perhaps the best quality could be obtained if someone has an HD capture card.

I'll post them all tomorrow, but here is an example.

67yv1q1.jpg

nofi

milkham said:
hey guys, new ps3 owner here, I was wondering if resistance has been patched to enable 1080i output yet. My tv does 720p but 1080i sources come out sharper due to the tv scaler's poor handling of 720p signals.

No, I wouldn't bank on it happening either.

Did we ever have a EuroGAF vs GAF match-up?

rc213

milkham said:

No dice my friend, Neither has Motorstorm.

tanod

when is my burrito
rc213 said:
No dice my friend, Neither has Motorstorm.

MotorStorm, and Resistance are the only titles that have this problem. Generally, everything that came out after GDC has scaling in the code, since that's when they updated the SDK.

Mifune

Mehmber
Is it me, or does the single player difficulty ramp up bigtime in the last third of the game? I was telling my friend how surprisingly easy the game was one day. Maybe the game heard me because it then decided to kick my ass...

LJ11

Mifune said:
Is it me, or does the single player difficulty ramp up bigtime in the last third of the game? I was telling my friend how surprisingly easy the game was one day. Maybe the game heard me because it then decided to kick my ass...

Nah, it ramps up towards the end. I said the same shit, and got pummeled towards the end.

xaosslug

10,000 posts or bust! Come on, at this rate the Killzone 2 thread is gonna hit 10k before this thread, and that games not even out yet. :lol

Aeon712

JB1981 said:
You fools playin' tonight? I feel like playing tonight. I'm on a Resistance high. LJ you can't hang.
We might have a tournament match tonight so you can randomly pop in again :lol

Firewire

Banned
xaosslug said:
10,000 posts or bust! Come on, at this rate the Killzone 2 thread is gonna hit 10k before this thread, and that games not even out yet. :lol

Relax, there only in the 6,000 range. We have plenty of time! :lol

FightyF

Banned
Camborn Breach
5yd62vm.jpg

Camborn Assault
54n1kk3.jpg

Westmorland Breach
53sd5ld.jpg

Westmorland Assault
4zvxnp5.jpg

Manchester Breach
6g187i8.jpg

Manchester Assault
4ukfibb.jpg

Somerset Breach
6gd7f6d.jpg

Somerset Assault
63cucfs.jpg

Grimsby Breach
62f4t3a.jpg

Grimsby Assault
6ey10sy.jpg

Nottingham Breach
6f8jxbs.jpg

Nottingham Assault
6az21z6.jpg

Sorry for the quality, I suppose it would be best if someone had an HD capture card to cap each map instead.

Kittonwy

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Took pics of the maps just now...for Breach and Assault game modes.

They didn't turn out that well...perhaps the best quality could be obtained if someone has an HD capture card.

I'll post them all tomorrow, but here is an example.

67yv1q1.jpg

Thanks!!! Those are more than adequate for strategy purposes.
gladtomeetya.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
We pretty much have all the big exec names, and then some. You should've seen the entire office waiting for the PSN registration to open about 2 weeks before launch, USB keyboards were in short supply that day.

It's great when you or Kaz show up in our party and people keep asking what that moon thing in your name is.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Stats are back online at Myresistance, I'm up to a 1.265 k/d :D.
<- 1.202 :D

Crazy Cherries: 15751 kills / 1442 games = 10.92 kills per game
Aeon: 21885 kills / 2234 games = 9.79 kills per game

;P

jstevenson said:
Do those execs know? ;)

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
<- 1.202 :D

Crazy Cherries: 15751 kills / 1442 games = 10.92 kills per game
Aeon: 21885 kills / 2234 games = 9.79 kills per game

;P
I blame it on the node suicides in objective :(.

PS I never liked Cherries :lol

Lain

I didn't read the latest posts, so maybe it's old, but seems like it' now possible to link an EU PS3 to an EU account on the myresistance.net website!

Kittonwy

Banned
kittens0006-small.jpg

^^ STOP MESSING AROUND TEAM PHILLY!!! BACK TO YOUR TRAININ'!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

MORE BEER = MORE WIN!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Oooo, I'd make it, but I totally just found out Sunshine is opening tomorrow at Arclight and we're going to the 10:35.

I may still drop in before I leave for dinner/movie.

Try to bug me Sunday... I'm shooting a short film project this weekend but should be around then.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Also - just a reminder to everyone that tonight is "Play with Insomniac" at 5pm PDT. We'll have some Custom Games up on the new maps.

Aeon712

Yea I'll be on, I played for 4hrs with Chryz and an alternating party this afternoon. Now I need food and umm more food :).

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Yea I'll be on, I played for 4hrs with Chryz and an alternating party this afternoon. Now I need food and umm more food :).

Fatso. I would've joined you but a Gaffer (FistFullOfMetal) beat my Stardust score by 1 million. Played for 3 hours or so and beat his score by 2 million :D

Top Bottom