• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
Hey guys I'm on and waiting!!!
angry.gif

Wollan

Introducing the new and updated OP: Light & Slim.
I just thought it was about time to cut away some of the fat and I trimmed down the pic sizes, took away chunks here and there..etc. Should be easier to browse through, though I guess most won't notice the differences at all.

The Jer

I actually noticed you update the OP from time to time.
And generally keep it tidy and organized, without losing any of the important original info.

Anyone who sees this thread for the first time (and it has been around a while, so that's likely alot of people) is going to see the OP, so ya, it's kind of nice to keep it nice.

Kittonwy

Banned
caturdayxx.jpg

^^ YEP!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

BREACH SPEED ROUND PWNAGE-WOWNAGE FTW!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

jjasper

Sorry I got cut out last night, I played playing but somehow my dog ended up pulling the power surge out where the PS3 was pluged in, I might try to play again tonight but man I suck compared to you guys.

Kittonwy

Banned
jjasper said:
Sorry I got cut out last night, I played playing but somehow my dog ended up pulling the power surge out where the PS3 was pluged in, I might try to play again tonight but man I suck compared to you guys.

Don't worry about that too much, I'm not too good either, we just play for fun. ~_~

rubso

Banned
sorry Kittonwy, I couldn't join the party, cuz I was a little bit late and didn't have the time to accept the invitations you sent, although I have enjoyed playing with rest of the clan members =) .

Kittonwy

Banned
rubso said:
sorry Kittonwy, I couldn't join the party, cuz I was a little bit late and didn't have the time to accept the invitations you sent, although I have enjoyed playing with rest of the clan members =) .

np, usually Efertlis runs the party, so if you want to play with the clan just message one of us and we'll send you an invite.
gladtomeetya.gif

patsu

Just a ping to say that I'm alive and still interested to play with the clan:

* I am still staying in a friend's place. His Internet is unreliable and slow (only 300kbps). So I get owned everywhere these days ^_^

* Due to deadlines, I still run 5 minute sessions late at night (like 2am PST).

Once my long term plan is settled and/or my line fixed, I'll be back gun blazing like the KAH-lifornia Governor (I hope :) ).

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
Just a ping to say that I'm alive and still interested to play with the clan:

* I am still staying in a friend's place. His Internet is unreliable and slow (only 300kbps). So I get owned everywhere these days ^_^

* Due to deadlines, I still run 5 minute sessions late at night (like 2am PST).

Once my long term plan is settled and/or my line fixed, I'll be back gun blazing like the KAH-lifornia Governor (I hope :) ).

LOL, anytime you want to play with us, just send us a message.
gladtomeetya.gif

Started my first beer already, I'll be ready by 9-9:30.
Indifferent2.gif

Raist

Banned
Nice couple of games with Aeon and AcidIce.
And Jer, too. Seems like the game didn't want to let you leave :p I've never seen games starting that fast :lol

ChryZ

Angelcurio said:
Sorry guys i couldnt pkay yesterday. I caught a cold and ended up going to bed early due to the effects of the medicine :(
No worries, there was another guy who filled the gap of not having the new maps ... so haven't played them again :lol

Get well soon! :)

Aeon712

That one Assault game we played where we weren't constantly on offense was awesome. So many def kills :D, I'm up to 1097 now. I'll be playing a little earlier then the clan night tonight since I'm going back to work tomorrow which means I'm back to getting up at 4:30am :(.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yo kaching if there is still place in the clan could you send a clan invite to Snake_TNT
He played with us last night and he registered on GAF today.

lunlunqq

WTF!!!!!!! SONY!!!!!!! WHY HAVENT YOU FIX THE DAMN H350 MIC PROBLEMS!!!!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!11
/rant

My family will go out for dinner tonight. Hopefully I can play with you guys after we come back.

Aeon712 said:
That one Assault game we played where we weren't constantly on offense was awesome. So many def kills :D, I'm up to 1097 now. I'll be playing a little earlier then the clan night tonight since I'm going back to work tomorrow which means I'm back to getting up at 4:30am :(.

All the Team Objective games last night were awesome.

I think I'm really starting to understand how to give the enemy fits with the Auger, especially in Assault.

If we have good defense and can our offense is able to move in and of the top and bottom nodes at will, we are pretty much unstoppable. Eventually, we will get in.

Gattsu25

Banned
Been playing the game for a week, off and on...pretty fun...online is better than expected but I'm waiting until I beat the single player before I dive into the multiplayer

PSN is Gattsu25

Aeon712

Best moment last night was when Me, LJ and M3 were on Defense and there was 4 guys rushing us. M3 started to panic and you could hear it in his voice that he was ready to call offense to come back on defense. I'm like M3 calm down I can handle this and I did :D. He was all I rather be safe then sorry, and I'm like hells no Offense would take my defense kills :lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Best moment last night was when Me, LJ and M3 were on Defense and there was 4 guys rushing us. M3 started to panic and you could hear it in his voice that he was ready to call offense to come back on defense. I'm like M3 calm down I can handle this and I did :D. He was all I rather be safe then sorry, and I'm like hells no Offense would take my defense kills :lol

Keep yapping about those defense kills and you may see me come steal ALL your D kills. I'll get two Defender medals before you get one :lol

This game is amazing. I had to quit for a little bit because I was surprised by a major motion sickness spell during the stage where you run up that lopsided, trench incline to take out the mortars. Even though I took out all the baddies on the incline, I had a hell of a time finding my way through the barbwired obstacles to the mortars, trying to hold on to consciousness as long as I could, unable to find a ****ing unobstructed path, until I just had to turn off the television and lie down. Sick as ****. There was no way in hell I was going to do that level again, and I knew I hadn't found a save point, so I just left it on pause for two days straight. Finally went back to the level and took out the mortars, taking pauses in between to look out my window at the horizon. Such a lightweight. :lol

I just passed the point in the game where you get the sniper rifle, and the game keeps getting more rewarding by each level. I'm having problems with my router -- when my PS3 attempts to connect, my laptop will display a message onscreen that says there's a duplicate DNS. I have no idea wtf is going on. I have a Linksys WRT54G. Hopefully a router firmware update will fix the issue.

Great game, Insomniac!

tanod

when is my burrito
johnFkennedy said:
So who is the annoying guy who is always telling defense to change squads and go to yankee?

If there's somebody saying that, he's from GAF and you need to listen. :p

Usually M3 and I.

EDIT: I'm now half way through the Superhuman campaign. It almost seems that as I pick out the correct weapon strategy, I just mow the NPCs down and zip through the stages in no time. :D

Can't wait to get my black ops skeleton skin for MP. :D

Gattsu25

Banned
PartlyCloudlike said:
This game is amazing. I had to quit for a little bit because I was surprised by a major motion sickness spell during the stage where you run up that lopsided, trench incline to take out the mortars. Even though I took out all the baddies on the incline, I had a hell of a time finding my way through the barbwired obstacles to the mortars, trying to hold on to consciousness as long as I could, unable to find a ****ing unobstructed path, until I just had to turn off the television and lie down. Sick as ****. There was no way in hell I was going to do that level again, and I knew I hadn't found a save point, so I just left it on pause for two days straight. Finally went back to the level and took out the mortars, taking pauses in between to look out my window at the horizon. Such a lightweight. :lol

I just passed the point in the game where you get the sniper rifle, and the game keeps getting more rewarding by each level. [snip]
Great game, Insomniac!
I'm at the exact same checkpoint and agree. Really a great game so far, especially for a console FPS.

LJ11

johnFkennedy said:
So who is the annoying guy who is always telling defense to change squads and go to yankee?

:lol

I had a really good Defensive kill last night. Guy got behind us on Nottingham and was running about 25 ft ahead of us heading for the base. I threw a Hedgehog as he jumped into the tunnel, bounced it off the wall, and it ended up landing in front of him. Best kill I ever had in this game.

Kittonwy

Banned
7237699_192ded81e2.jpg

^^ BURRITO TIME??? HELL NO!!! IT'S TIME FOR... GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

TEH HOURS GROW LATE... TEH POWER OF GB WILL CONSUME YOUR SOUL!!! ONE GAF TO RULE 'EM ALL!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LJ11 said:

Is there any system link support in the game? Trying to find a way to play the co-op online like online halo in the original xbox. :lol

I'm in Cheddar Gorge again. I don't know what it is about this go around, but I really like the game even more this time. It's a much better game than I even thought.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:

Panicing implies desperation, loss of emotional control and an all out break down. I didn't do any of that.

When those dudes rushed the base, from my point of view, it looked really bad. So, that's why I was ready to call for help. Besides, I've been scolded before for not asking for help sooner.

Aeon, my friend, your youth and inexperience betrays you. Let me hockey stick beat it out of you. You'll thank me later.

LJ11

Y2Kev said:

Is there any system link support in the game? Trying to find a way to play the co-op online like online halo in the original xbox. :lol

Unfortunately it doesn't for co-op, just LAN multiplayer.

M3Freak

Banned
PartlyCloudlike said:
I'm having problems with my router -- when my PS3 attempts to connect, my laptop will display a message onscreen that says there's a duplicate DNS. I have no idea wtf is going on. I have a Linksys WRT54G. Hopefully a router firmware update will fix the issue.

Duplicate IP - that means your PS3 is trying to use the same IP your laptop is using. That's bad.

Either turn on the DHCP server in your router, or change the IP assigned to your PS3. Just increment it by 1. For example, if the PS3's IP is 192.168.1.100, change it to 192.168.1.101. That should hopefully, unless there's something else on the network that is using the same IP.

M3Freak

Banned
johnFkennedy said:

Holy shit, I'm annoying. :D

I usually call that out because it works wonders in Objective games. With Defense on a different squad, offense is left free to use squad spawns. If we all stay on the same squad, and someone attacking decides to squad spawn, they could end up back at base/far away node with the defenders.

It also helps to cut chatter because then you're only communicating with the squad your working with, whether it be defense or offense.

We used it more before, but not as much lately. I think we're swinging back to using the squads more often, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I remember one time, early on when we started using squads in objective games, I could use squad spawning and spawn RIGHT BESIDE THE OTHER TEAM'S FREAKING REACTOR. That strategy worked best when we had three squads.

M3Freak said:
Duplicate IP - that means your PS3 is trying to use the same IP your laptop is using. That's bad.

Either turn on the DHCP server in your router, or change the IP assigned to your PS3. Just increment it by 1. For example, if the PS3's IP is 192.168.1.100, change it to 192.168.1.101. That should hopefully, unless there's something else on the network that is using the same IP.

I have DHCP enabled, that's the weird thing. We have multiple computers all connected just fine. I'll try assigning it a static IP.

M3Freak

Banned
PartlyCloudlike said:
I have DHCP enabled, that's the weird thing. We have multiple computers all connected just fine. I'll try assigning it a static IP.

Just check what IP your laptop has, and what IP your PS3 has. If they're the same, that's your problem.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:

I usually call that out because it works wonders in Objective games. With Defense on a different squad, offense is left free to use squad spawns. If we all stay on the same squad, and someone attacking decides to squad spawn, they could end up back at base/far away node with the defenders.

It also helps to cut chatter because then you're only communicating with the squad your working with, whether it be defense or offense.

We used it more before, but not as much lately. I think we're swinging back to using the squads more often, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I remember one time, early on when we started using squads in objective games, I could use squad spawning and spawn RIGHT BESIDE THE OTHER TEAM'S FREAKING REACTOR. That strategy worked best when we had three squads.

Yep, I agree having one offensive squad on x-ray and one defensive squad on yankee is the way to go, it has alot to do with taking advantage of squad spawn.
gladtomeetya.gif

I might be on later tongiht. I need to get some sleep first. Man, im really starting to get burned out on resistance LOL. I haven't played anything else in almost a month now, but I HAVE TO KEEP PRACTICING RAWWWR. see you guys on later

So Resistance does support LAN? I wasn't sure since it uses dedicated servers. We do LAN tournaments and I was wanting to get Resistance in there.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Mammothtank said:
So Resistance does support LAN? I wasn't sure since it uses dedicated servers. We do LAN tournaments and I was wanting to get Resistance in there.
Nope it doesnt. Warhawk does. However, can't you just connect the LAN to the Internet? Not sure if the whole one IP issue might cause a problem but hopefully it works

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I might be on later tongiht. I need to get some sleep first. Man, im really starting to get burned out on resistance LOL. I haven't played anything else in almost a month now, but I HAVE TO KEEP PRACTICING RAWWWR. see you guys on later

Don't wear yourself out lawlz.
Indifferent2.gif

ChryZ

BobTheFork said:
Play some stardust for recreation, although you might see gold melter icons in the somerset woods afterwards :lol

careksims

M3Freak said:

Dude I love it when he says that. It sounds all tactical and stuff. Yeah having different squads really help for the spawning. I hate to be spawn all the way back at the base if we are in the same squad.

FightyF

Banned
Count me in with the Defense on Yankee crew.

Squad spawning is the difference between winning and losing some rounds. I remember a few Breach games where we would be down, and then make a killer comeback because a few people were able to squad spawn in their base.

I couldn't get my Resistance fix this weekend...I'll have to wait till Tuesday.

lunlunqq: My H350 works 80% of the time. The 20% it doesn't work is mighty frustrating, but for the most part it's been working for me.

Here's what I do...

-turn on PS3
-turn on headset
-go to Audio Accessory Settings (I think that's what it's called)
-click on "Connect BlueTooth Device"
-wait a few seconds
-talk into the mic, see the visual response
-keep talking to test it for a good 10 seconds
-if it works, go into Resistance and go online
-if I hear a little bit of sound coming from the mic as I'm in the online menu screen, I'm good.
-if I have a problem at this step, or the one earlier, I turn off the HS, turn off the PS3, and retry

4 times out of 5 it works for me. And I've had nothing but problems with this headset prior and after the latest update. But whenever I do this routine, it usually works. And whenever it doesn't, it doesn't take me that long to try again until it does.

And yes, sometimes it just freezes my PS3, so when it doesn't work, it likes to take down the whole PS3 with it. :p

Pazuzu

Banned
My H350 works 80% of the time. The 20% it doesn't work is mighty frustrating, but for the most part it's been working for me.

Same headset, same problem, same solution. I just re-pair it everytime until a firmware update increases compatibility. (wait is it a Resistance problem or PS3 problem)?

Finally finished Sigma on Hard, taking a break, so back to Resistance! Hope to see you guys online.

ChryZ

Aeon, Click, Acid, Tonx and myself had some clan night foreplay last night. We gaf'd them well.

Even that CTF game was awesome. Okay, they had two more people on their team ... but we still did a fine job. I really enjoyed my moment of panic when I carried the flag and three of them were chasing me around our base, while the rest of our team tried to get our flag back. I owned a laark-wheeling guy and some other dude, but then my health was down to one bar. Aeon came just in time to save my ass and we scored :lol

1185059182697.jpg

Angelcurio

FightyF said:
Count me in with the Defense on Yankee crew.

Squad spawning is the difference between winning and losing some rounds. I remember a few Breach games where we would be down, and then make a killer comeback because a few people were able to squad spawn in their base.

I couldn't get my Resistance fix this weekend...I'll have to wait till Tuesday.

lunlunqq: My H350 works 80% of the time. The 20% it doesn't work is mighty frustrating, but for the most part it's been working for me.

Here's what I do...

-turn on PS3
-turn on headset
-go to Audio Accessory Settings (I think that's what it's called)
-click on "Connect BlueTooth Device"
-wait a few seconds
-talk into the mic, see the visual response
-keep talking to test it for a good 10 seconds
-if it works, go into Resistance and go online
-if I hear a little bit of sound coming from the mic as I'm in the online menu screen, I'm good.
-if I have a problem at this step, or the one earlier, I turn off the HS, turn off the PS3, and retry

4 times out of 5 it works for me. And I've had nothing but problems with this headset prior and after the latest update. But whenever I do this routine, it usually works. And whenever it doesn't, it doesn't take me that long to try again until it does.

And yes, sometimes it just freezes my PS3, so when it doesn't work, it likes to take down the whole PS3 with it. :p

I will be playiong with the Yankee defense group from now on. I am not one of the best players around here, but i managed to play better in the defense squad.

BTW, i will try those solutions with my headset to see if i can get it to work.

Top Bottom