• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Remember, you can still communicate with the whole team by pressing down L3 when you are in a squad, so if you have designated leaders they can still communicate eith everyone.

careksims

jstevenson said:
Remember, you can still communicate with the whole team by pressing down L3, so if you have designated leaders they can order stuff around.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Thanks!

What would we do without you!?

Remy

For those of you that were wondering about the clan blog, I had migrated to a new server last week, and the authentication files were all gummed up. They've been fixed. Perhaps new content soon?

Kittonwy

Banned
218312595_9f2240744a.jpg

^^ BERIEVE AND YOU SHALL BE BLESSED WIT GAME BATTLE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

DO NOT GET INTO THE WAY WHEN SOMEONE IS THROWING A GRENADE!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

dralla

im having trouble getting someone on my FL. i try to add him and it says "player not found". i typed it his name just fine, what's going on :[

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
dralla, has the person actually played Resistance online yet? PSN IDs aren't recognized by RFOM until the person logs into Resistance online MP at least once. If they've played the single-player but haven't touched the MP yet, not good enough.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
dralla said:
im having trouble getting someone on my FL. i try to add him and it says "player not found". i typed it his name just fine, what's going on :[

If you're sure they've created a Resistance account and used it, perhaps they haven't used their account in several weeks or months. I believe that causes their account to be put on "hold" of sorts as people like that don't show up on our clan list and their stats seem to disappear until they log in and play a bit.

dralla

I know he's played before, I don't know when he last did though.

and when you play ranked games, is it also HvC? is it ever HvH?

Beatbox

dralla said:
I know he's played before, I don't know when he last did though.

and when you play ranked games, is it also HvC? is it ever HvH?

So yeah it may have been a while since he logged on. The only other possibilities are that he deleted that account and started another or his Resistance specific friends list is full. I'm not sure which message you would get if their list was full though.

They recently took out CvC in ranked games (RIP - I miss it) and it seems that they accidentally removed HvH as well. Expect HvH to return in the near future.

Kittonwy

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
Chimera vs. Chimera isn't gone. I had an FFA on the new maps today that was C vs.C .

No C v C in TDMs though right? I actually LIKE C v C because I get to start with the bullseye for BOTH rounds.
Indifferent2.gif

dralla

I hate the Chimera, they're so cheezy. Even when I play as them I never use the Rage mode because it feels cheap. give me HvH plz

Beatbox

tanod said:
I thought Map Pack Mayhem is unranked so that would allow CvC, right?

At first, they didn't have an option to play it as a party but I believe it was always there for playing ranked solo games. They then added it as a ranked games type for parties but the stats didn't actually count (aside from games played). It's a seperate option from Deathmatch or Objective called Map Pack Mayhem which includes all game types but just the new maps and the stats now count. In the next few weeks the new maps should come up randomly when choosing Deathmatch or Objective granted the people in the party all have the map pack.

As far as unranked you can set them up to be HvH, CvH, CvC or mixed letting each player choose.

dralla

is anyone playing? i need something to do to pass the time until the HS demo is out.

ps. i just killed the entire time with one rocket on Rooftops. than I got a message from one of them in some foreign language, I think it's italian

tanod

when is my burrito
The Jer said:
Resistance Veteran's Day background?

I'm not sure I've heard of this or remember it. Could I get a link to the image?

They mentioned it on the podcast this last week but it was Nathan Hale's birthday recently so for one day only, they had a set of background images posted on myresistance.net. I snagged the 1024x768 background that you could download. IIRC, they were all the same image.

JS said on the podcast that it was to reward those people who check Myres regularly.

<3 firefox tabbed browsing

P.S. They look totally badass. :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BuddyC said:
I spoke with Insomniac's Ryan Schneider last week about all things Insomniac, and he had some cool things to say. As in, hints of more (already-finished) Resistance content on the way :D

Concise and to the point news post: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48158

Really really long awesome interview: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=478

Nice piece, totally deserves its own thread though --- great interview man (and I'm not just saying the because it's Insomniac :))

FightyF

Banned
BuddyC said:
I spoke with Insomniac's Ryan Schneider last week about all things Insomniac, and he had some cool things to say. As in, hints of more (already-finished) Resistance content on the way :D

Concise and to the point news post: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/48158

Really really long awesome interview: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=478

Great interview!

I liked the questions on project management, as I'm trying to get a "Software Engineering" concentration added to my degree. If anyone else is interested, there was a interview with Insomniac in Game Developer magazine and they go over some details there as well.

Raist

Banned
The demo is finished--I mean, you saw it [at E3], you played it--and when it comes out, we have a rough idea, but you never know. I think the PlayStation Store is a fluid storefront, and anything can happen.

WHATWHATWHAT ?

Hurry up Sony D:

Beatbox

FredFish said:
P.S. It seems I wasn't banned for the map glitch the other night thankfully :D

:lol It was hilarious to see you perched on top of that Cathedral sniping at them. Too bad I didn't get to see you Auger the guy through the wall.

Kittonwy

Banned
288285297_5c9cf082d7.jpg

^^ YOUR PINK TACOS ARE BELONG TO US, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

REMEMBER DEFENSE GO TO YANKEE RAWR!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy,

I just have to marvel at how different your posting stylez is different from what you're like on clan nights.

<3 Yours in Game Battle,
Tanod

ChryZ

To those of you who liked those wallpapers: I kinda breached Insomniac's community site. Stuff like that is usually only for people who signed up there. So don't thank me, but pay it forward and sign up at http://www.insomniacgames.com/community.php. They got regular updates and all kinds of other free stuff (Resistance, R&C, etc).

Aeon712

Me and Chryz just totally wrecked some guys 4 on 8, for the most part with two guys quitting near the end to make it 3vs7 on 32 player Manchester :D.

The Jer

tanod said:
They mentioned it on the podcast this last week but it was Nathan Hale's birthday recently so for one day only, they had a set of background images posted on myresistance.net. I snagged the 1024x768 background that you could download. IIRC, they were all the same image.

JS said on the podcast that it was to reward those people who check Myres regularly.

<3 firefox tabbed browsing

P.S. They look totally badass. :D
ummm... I guess that's my punishment for not checking MyRes regularly :(

ChryZ said:
Hot, there's a very sexy screen shot of Nathan Hale in there that work wonderfully for a background.

ChryZ

I have to write this down while my memories are still fresh. Aeon and myself just ended up in a TDM. 16p (or maybe 32p, the map was pretty big) Manchester, first round chimera (we) vs humans (the others). Our team got pretty much slaughter, I got sniped so many times, it wasn't funny anymore. The others worked really well as a team, the sniper houses were protected by other team members. I was only able to crack their defense for once to kill their sniper. Many people of our team just quitted. F*cking cowards. Second round humans (we) vs chimera, not the best odds for payback, but I got so pissed and kicked ass beyond sanity. We won that f*cking round with 3 people left vs 8 people on the other side and scored around 800-400. Aeon first place with 38-23 and I'm second with 37-27 (second round score 22-8). It took like forever and was nothing but epic.My hands are still shaking. I'm spend.

I killed that damn sniper from the first round like 10-12 times :lol

djkimothy

ChryZ said:
I have to write this down while my memories are still fresh. Aeon and myself just ended up in a TDM. 16p (or maybe 32p, the map was pretty big) Manchester, first round chimera (we) vs humans (the others). Our team got pretty much slaughter, I got sniped so many times, it wasn't funny anymore. The others worked really well as a team, the sniper houses were protected by other team members. I was only able to crack their defense for once to kill their sniper. Many people of our team just quitted. F*cking cowards. Second round humans (we) vs chimera, not the best odds for payback, but I got so pissed and kicked ass beyond sanity. We won that f*cking round with 3 people left vs 8 people on the other side and scored around 800-400. Aeon first place with 38-23 and I'm second with 37-27 (second round score 22-8). It took like forever and was nothing but epic.My hands are still shaking. I'm spend.

I killed that damn sniper from the first round like 10-12 times :lol

I wish I was there. Sounds like fun. :)

Kittonwy

Banned
266199739_5770b18a6c.jpg

^^ GBGBGBGB!!! :| !!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

GBGBGBGBGBGBGBGBGBGBGB!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

Top Bottom