• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

FredFish

Aeon712 said:
OMG you just confused me with M3, You are now on my Ignore list.

Did I? Oh. Well I guess without the entertaining family drama you're left with just being a shotgun whore. Probably better if you hadn't corrected me :lol Still enjoy playing with you though ;)

Kittonwy said:
Can you handle hard?

It doesn't matter, log online and play multiplayer with us, that's the part that gets those of us in the clan hooked since November.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm in Australia. How's the lag on worldwide servers now?

FredFish

Bearillusion said:
I'm getting a PS3 this week with Resistance. Should I start on normal or hard?

Actually I would recommend you start on Easy just until you get a hang of the controls (weapon cycling, secondary fire, aiming, movement etc.) then restart the game on Hard.

tanod

when is my burrito
I would recommend starting on Normal so you can use the extra weapons you get after beating it. Then you can use them on Hard and Superhuman.

Aeon712

FredFish said:
Did I? Oh. Well I guess without the entertaining family drama you're left with just being a shotgun whore. Probably better if you hadn't corrected me :lol Still enjoy playing with you though ;)
M3's the one I call shotty whore, I only have like 720 shotty kills(less then 1 shotty every 3games). I planned on stopping at 712 but since it spawns so freaking fast sometimes it's the only weapon I have till I kill a human/chimera and take their weapon ammo.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
M3's the one I call shotty whore, I only have like 720 shotty kills(less then 1 shotty every 3games). I planned on stopping at 712 but since it spawns so freaking fast sometimes it's the only weapon I have till I kill a human/chimera and take their weapon ammo.

My shotgun kill numbers are increasing fairly quickly - I use it a lot nowadays.

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
That somerset meltdown game where we came back in the second round and won by a hair because we got back to 4-2 was AWESOME.
Indifferent2.gif

Ya, that match was aweome. We were winning 4-2, then quickly went down to 2-4, and stayed there until we had a little bit left. Then we quickly took two of their nodes, putting us at 4-2. We ended up winning with a tiny bit of energy (coolant?!) left.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Ya, that match was aweome. We were winning 4-2, then quickly went down to 2-4, and stayed there until we had a little bit left. Then we quickly took two of their nodes, putting us at 4-2. We ended up winning with a tiny bit of energy (coolant?!) left.

I had my rally beer right there.
Indifferent2.gif

methane47

Good god.. so tonight I played my first round of online multiplayer on Resistance...

God did I suck.. I played a ranked game and was able to come away with THREE count em THREE kills and something like 15 deaths..

(let me add that this is the first time in months that I had even played resistance as I just bought my PS3.. also i didnt bother to play SP i just jumped into to multi and good god did I get raped hard.)

Oh well.. so i logged into SinglePlayer and played through York and Grimsby.. hopefully tonite when I try MP again i will get past the 5 kill mark :D

BTW SOMEBODY ADD ME PLEASE:D

PSN: Methane47

Nothing works. It's stuck at 75% for 2 hours now. No buttons are working. I even tried holding the PS button for 5 seconds to see if that does anything. Nothing. All I see is the update screen, and the Resistance title music. I'm seriously contemplating turning the damn system off.

dralla

probably the most rewarding thing to do in Resistance. there's nothing like throwing a grenade across the entire map and getting the target bomber medal.

643smsm.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
DarkJediKnight said:
Nothing works. It's stuck at 75% for 2 hours now. No buttons are working. I even tried holding the PS button for 5 seconds to see if that does anything. Nothing. All I see is the update screen, and the Resistance title music. I'm seriously contemplating turning the damn system off.

looks like your system froze. :S

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I played a few games of this multiplayer last night and it was incredible. Went ahead and bought the map pack and everything. First few games were decent, but they were just silly one-shot kill (ugh) unranked matches. The greatest benefit from these games was getting used to the speed of the game and making me mute all speech.

I then jumped into some ranked matches and they were ridiculously fun. One was regular deathmatch and the other was Conversion. Not knowing how any of the new weapons worked (have only played through on Normal and just about an hour in on Hard) was a slight disadvantage, but even though I managed to kill myself with fire twice in my Conversion match, I still wound up being the last man standing and losing by just two points. Absolutely won me over, and this was just the non-team modes.

Most fun I ever had in the first-time play of an FPS (which is usually pretty brutal).

Firewire

Banned
dralla said:
probably the most rewarding thing to do in Resistance. there's nothing like throwing a grenade across the entire map and getting the target bomber medal.

643smsm.gif

Yeah I love it to. Most satisfying kill!

methane47

AstroLad said:
So I played a few games of this multiplayer last night and it was incredible. Went ahead and bought the map pack and everything. First few games were decent, but they were just silly one-shot kill (ugh) unranked matches. The greatest benefit from these games was getting used to the speed of the game and making me mute all speech.

I then jumped into some ranked matches and they were ridiculously fun. One was regular deathmatch and the other was Conversion. Not knowing how any of the new weapons worked (have only played through on Normal and just about an hour in on Hard) was a slight disadvantage, but even though I managed to kill myself with fire twice in my Conversion match, I still wound up being the last man standing and losing by just two points. Absolutely won me over, and this was just the non-team modes.

you sound like your in the same boat as I am.

After I posted that msg last night..... I put some more time into the game and actually won a deathmatch game with 8 people one being ranked Supreme Comander or something like that i dont know... But its a whole lot of fun..

The lack of any sort of lack is just straight up impressive. I think I'm doing well now in Online play... regularly finishing within the top 10 in 30-40 player games.

I can't wait to get home from work and start it back up again.

Firewire

Banned
AstroLad said:

Most fun I ever had in the first-time play of an FPS (which is usually pretty brutal).

Be careful the game is highly addictive!

patsu

dralla said:

643smsm.gif

Muahahaha, YES !

I once threw a grenade from the Somerset cliff beside the barrel (near the fan and LAARK spawn point) all the way to a guy sniping from the central tower. Basically I jumped onto the updraft (a few times) to see the tower, aimed above it, lobed the grenade and jumped down quickly to avoid being sniped.

Somewhere before I touched the ground, I heard the ring and the "Target Bomber" medal showed up. :D

That is definitely a non-repeatable throw for me, but still ;-)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Firewire said:
Be careful the game is highly addictive!

Yep. Like methane said, it's one of those games that just gets into your head. And it will continue to stay there so long as they keep matching me up with noobs like me in ranked to boost my ego, or at least not shatter it.

JB1981

AstroLad said:
Yep. Like methane said, it's one of those games that just gets into your head. And it will continue to stay there so long as they keep matching me up with noobs like me in ranked to boost my ego, or at least not shatter it.
Are you going to play with the GAF clan? I believe tonight is a clan night. You should join up. Ranked Objective games might be a little overwhelming for you at first, but there's no better (or faster) way to learn all the different game types.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
JB1981 said:
Are you going to play with the GAF clan? I believe tonight is a clan night. You should join up. Ranked Objective games might be a little overwhelming for you at first, but there's no better (or faster) way to learn all the different game types.

Yep, I PM'ed kaching. I'll probably order a headset today or tomorrow but I won't mute you guys like I mute everyone else. ;P

methane47

dralla said:
pro tip:
use the Arc Charger on nodes. or if you can't get that close, Auger it through walls

Is it possible to kill people using the Arc Charger?

I tried... it never works for me... The fire rate seems too slow.. or am I doing something wrong?

tanod

when is my burrito
patsu said:
Muahahaha, YES !

The best target bomber kill I had, that I can remember, is the night JS and rocknchick played with us. It was on Lexington and I was right in the middle of the map and I chucked a grenade at a 45 degree angle towards the corner where people like to snipe from (where that glitch used to be) - TARGET BOMBER. I couldn't even see the guy. :D :D :D

Victory is sweet. :D

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
methane47 said:
Is it possible to kill people using the Arc Charger?

I tried... it never works for me... The fire rate seems too slow.. or am I doing something wrong?

If you are using it as a human it works best on a raging Chimera. If you fire the primary and hit them quickly hit the secondary to send a bigger charge through it - that combo should take away 3 of their four bars of energy. One more primary shot and their dead.

Using it as a Chimera seems to work best against groups of humans as it daisy chains through multiple humans. Using it the same way - a primary shot followed by a secondary seems to work best.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Time to purge the NeoGAF clan or form a second clan, because we're at the 200 member limit, as of the batch of FIVE new people I sent invites to last night. AstroLad is the first new person after that. There's a few people who are privates and have never played a ranked game that I can get rid of immediately, but new people continue to ask for invites, so that isn't going to be enough for long.

Congrats on hitting the clan max in any case. :lol

Firewire

Banned
AstroLad said:

I've spent countless nights playing, not realizing that hours are slipping away, only to figure out "oh sh*t its 4AM" and I have to work at 8!

But its worth it!

methane47

kaching said:
Time to purge the NeoGAF clan or form a second clan, because we're at the 200 member limit, as of the batch of FIVE new people I sent invites to last night. AstroLad is the first new person after that. There's a few people who are privates and have never played a ranked game that I can get rid of immediately, but new people continue to ask for invites, so that isn't going to be enough for long.

Do I need to send you a PSN private message to get in the clan? or a Gaf Private message?

Beatbox

kaching said:

Thanks again for putting in the work to organize this team and spreadsheet.

If you need help downsizing just let me know. I know of at least a dozen people on the list who have never played with us before.

methane47

Beatbox said:
If you are using it as a human it works best on a raging Chimera. If you fire the primary and hit them quickly hit the secondary to send a bigger charge through it - that combo should take away 3 of their four bars of energy. One more primary shot and their dead.

Using it as a Chimera seems to work best against groups of humans as it daisy chains through multiple humans. Using it the same way - a primary shot followed by a secondary seems to work best.

oh.. i see.. thanks.. I'll try that tonite.... thats something I've noticed alot of... Some weapons work better on one race than the other or in differenct circumstances....

kaching said:

Whoa. 200. Finally hit it.

Time to start culling...

Astrolad: If kaching doesn't manage to get a spot made for you in time tonight to get you your clan invite, just PM me (PSN: HijoDelLocoRoco - you are in my friend's list) and I'll make sure you get a party invite.

You guys who haven't played with the clan are in for a treat. Team Objective games with this clan are pretty awesome.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
methane47 said:
Do I need to send you a PSN private message to get in the clan? or a Gaf Private message?
GAF private message - I ignore PSN messages, because I want confirmation you're a member of GAF before I send an invite. It's about the only prerequisite we have, which is probably why the clan got as big as it did ;)

ChryZ

My favorite target bomber kills:

Somerset, sniperhill, top/botton platform across half the map to the ledge over the sniper rifle spawn point (did it a couple of times, you have to pretty much aim into the sky for the right angle).

Manchester, in the houses on the stairway, certain people like to hide around the corner with a shotty, with the grenade physics you can throw around the corner and hit them, just aim for the wall, then the grenade will rebound into its target. Also good for the base tunnels in Nottingham.

methane47 said:

PM kaching. He's El Hefe. :D

If you want in tonight, get on PSN and PM me (PSN: HijoDelLocoRoco) or any of the other clan members, (see Kittonwy's Rally Post for the link to the spreadsheet) during clan game hours (also in Kittonwy's Rally Post) and we'll get you into the party, even if you aren't signed up yet.

Beatbox

Firewire said:
it has the default & Logitech

I did Logitech for Audio in & out but I don't think it worked.

That's pretty much it. For my Logitech PS2 headset I need the volume at 5. Make sure your in-line volume control (if it has one) isn't turned all the way down. Test the mic settings with the on screen meter where you chose the headset.

ChryZ

Firewire said:
it has the default & Logitech

I did Logitech for Audio in & out but I don't think it worked.
I used the socom logitech for month, but since the last firmware update (1.90) it's not working very well anymore ... so I resorted to my BT headset.

Firewire

Banned
Beatbox said:
That's pretty much it. For my Logitech PS2 headset I need the volume at 5. Make sure your in-line volume control (if it has one) isn't turned all the way down. Test the mic settings with the on screen meter where you chose the headset.

Thanx. I'll try it out tonight.

when you play a ranked match do you automatically play against people from around the world?

or is it only in custom games that you can play against foreigners?

I only saw the country flags in custom games

Firewire

Banned
ChryZ said:
I used the socom logitech for month, but since the last firmware update (1.90) it's not working very well anymore ... so I resorted to my BT headset.

Oh, maybe thats it. It was weird I was still getting voices over the T.V. & not in the headset. Then I would get a blast of static on the headset, I'm not sure anyone heard me either. My friend broke my Jabra bluetooth headset last month, so I'm, waiting for the Warhawk deal to get a new one.

Beatbox

djtortilla said:
when you play a ranked match do you automatically play against people from around the world?

or is it only in custom games that you can play against foreigners?

I only saw the country flags in custom games

Yes, they show up in ranked games as well. There's a new option online for "international" or "local" servers. It should have defaulted to international. Don't forget the time zone differences which would make international players appear more often at different peak hours.

Aeon712

The Chimera's have blocked out the sun, so we shall fight them in the shade because GAFtans, tonight, we dine in HELL. And no it's not madness, it's Resistanceeeeee clan night.

I don't have to be up till like 9 tomorrow so expect me on for more then an hr or 30min like last night :(....Off to watch 300 on BRD.

Kittonwy

Banned
Glass.jpg

^^ With Resistance GAF night it's always glass half k/d!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

POWER WUZ OUT LASTNIGHT BUT TEH GAMING GOD HAF SMILED ON ME NOMNOMNOM!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Top Bottom