• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

FightyF

Banned
If we're talking potential R2 weapons...I think a team based weapon would be the shiznit. One that requires at least 3 people to properly perform a deadly secondary fire...that would be sweet for modes like Breach.

dralla

new video software = easy gif making

4ul143s.gif
4mrcgo9.gif
646aia1.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Teh similarities are astounding:

SPARTA_2av.gif

Gerrard Butler (Leonidas)

gafgb.gif

Kittonwy (Kittonidas)

Spartan Shield: Kitton Shield

300 (3 numbers): GAF (3 letters)

Spartan Phalanx formation: GAF Wedge

Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
LOLZ @ teh punies who hid back at their base with our flag and refused to face us like real warriors in that CTF game, after we won that first round.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
193445271_b2ccc4c43d.jpg

^^ GAF TONIGHT WE DINE IN GAME BATTLE!!! TAKE FROM THEM ALL THEIR PINK TACOS RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

COME AND GET IT RAWR!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

patsu

Kittonwy said:
LOLZ @ teh punies who hid back at their base with our flag and refused to face us like real warriors in that CTF game, after we won that first round.
Indifferent2.gif

Heh heh, they probably didn't know where to deposit the flag like my first time !

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
patsu said:
Heh heh, they probably didn't know where to deposit the flag like my first time !

lolz It was at Nottingham and both flag carriers were hidden back in their own base tunnels. Soooooo boring.

methane47

Quite frankly one of the most retarded boring games I've played..

And what was also making me upset.. is that the douches were so frickin accurate with the stupid tags... But that accuracy dimished the closer they got to our base...

It seemed that the tags would fly through walls and lock on to me... It was impossible that they were so good with em..

anyways at least my kill death ratio got a healthy upgrade. I was ~52 kills and ~40 deaths on that map :D

methane47

Btw I just wanted to say thanks for inviting me into the clan.. I'm having a bunch of fun with you guys...

.... hey question.. .does kittonwy have a mic? i see him sending text msgs but i'm not sure if he talks? Does he not want to give his voice up? Does he in reality not sound as cute as his name? Does he have the voice of Macho Man Randy Savage? I need these questions ANSWERED

rawr

Andvary

methane47 said:
Btw I just wanted to say thanks for inviting me into the clan.. I'm having a bunch of fun with you guys...

.... hey question.. .does kittonwy have a mic? i see him sending text msgs but i'm not sure if he talks? Does he not want to give his voice up? Does he in reality not sound as cute as his name? Does he have the voice of Macho Man Randy Savage? I need these questions ANSWERED

rawr

Do you really want to know the truth? can you handle it?

Kittonwy is a girl :O

methane47 said:

rawr

He has a mic. He talks, but rarely. Mostly just in-game. He just prefers to type in the lobby, and that's...OK.

So, to answer your questions in order:

Yes.
He does.
He doesn't.
He doesn't sound like Macho Man Randy Savage at all.

Kittonwy

Banned
methane47 said:

rawr

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Couldn't make it last night because my net connection was hosed (turned out to be a bad splitter). I'll be on tonight though.

I be shottying all zee criminals!!

tanod

when is my burrito
methane47 said:

rawr

She has a mic, likes beer, plays Resistance, and rarely talks. Kittonwy is the perfect woman
, except for the whole not being a woman part. :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I've decided to stop playing around and get my 20 kills tonight. See you in Somerset.

Busty

Banned
:lol

Kittonwy said:
Teh similarities are astounding:

SPARTA_2av.gif

Busty

gafgb.gif

Kittonwy (Kittonidas)

Spartan Shield: Kitton Shield

300 (3 numbers): GAF (3 letters)

Spartan Phalanx formation: GAF Wedge

Indifferent2.gif

:D Fixed.

So, thought you could sneak that past me eh...? Nothing escapes the man with the most 'quoted' avatar on GAF. :p

*disappears into the night*

Great games tonight guys. That last breach game was badass. Well, it didn't turn out that well, but here some picture proof from the game tonight.
Picture070.jpg

Hmm You'll never see an in-focus picture of kittonwy winning, kind of like BigFoot : ).

Greg

BobTheFork said:
Great games tonight guys. That last breach game was badass. Well, it didn't turn out that well, but here some picture proof from the game tonight.
fakepicture.jpg

Hmm You'll never see an in-focus picture of kittonwy winning, kind of like BigFoot : ).
Looks like kittomry - I'm not buying it.

careksims

BobTheFork said:

It was great to see that part. Also that Breach game was one of the great ones. Good games!

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Picture070.jpg

IMA KILLIN MACHINE LAWLZ.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
BobTheFork said:
Hmm You'll never see an in-focus picture of kittonwy winning, kind of like BigFoot. :)

:lol :lol :lol
That's great Bob. Good job kitormny. :D

Awesome games tonight. Especially, the assault games and that epic breach game against that had JSD from Insomniac on the other side. I probably won't be on tomorrow but I just wanted to wish Bob luck on his journey to the big city. I'll definitely see you guys on Tuesday.

jstevenson said:
Dangit, we played against JSD and I wasn't there? Doh!

It was a pretty epic Breach game too, JS. We ended up beating 'em in straight sets. The first match, we flat-out just took their nodes and blew 'em up real good, and our defense didn't let them have a sniff of our home cooking. The second match was really looking like a pretty bleak war of attrition for a while, with us actually losing ground a bit, until BobTheFork (we think) went on a one-man ninja mission and somehow knocked about half their base node down. Amazing how something like that can completely inspire everyone else and the momentum turns completely.

Wish you coulda been there.

Good to see quite a few new guys finding their way in the Clan and even making solid contributions. Having a full house again (sometimes even over the 20-man limit too) is great, as well.

Looks like Resistance has legs. It's cool that it's not just the same crowd that's been singing the praises of this game for months.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Pristine_Condition said:
It was a pretty epic Breach game too, JS. We ended up beating 'em in straight sets. The first match, we flat-out just took their nodes and blew 'em up real good, and our defense didn't let them have a sniff of our home cooking. The second match was really looking like a pretty bleak war of attrition for a while, with us actually losing ground a bit, until BobTheFork (we think) went on a one-man ninja mission and somehow knocked about half their base node down. Amazing how something like that can completely inspire everyone else and the momentum turns completely.

Good to see quite a few new guys finding their way in the Clan and even making solid contributions. Having a full house again (sometimes even over the 20-man limit too) is great, as well.

Looks like Resistance has legs. It's cool that it's not just the same crowd that's been singing the praises of this game for months.

Yeah that was quite an awesome match, I just remember protecting a node while the enemy still had a few and then all of a sudden we are rushing their base. That was one of the best matches I've had-in terms of my own contribution. I still need a lot of practice, but then again I've only had the game for a few days :lol

I probably wouldn't be playing this game online if it were not for GAF. Good times indeed.

patsu

methane47 said:

Hmm... a cereal killer.

jstevenson said:
Dangit, we played against JSD and I wasn't there? Doh!

Alas ! I have lost touch ! Who is JSD ?

... and who is this kittomry from GAP ? Is she the fashion director ? How many girls in that game ?

I want my Resistance fix back. We have just released final candidate on Friday. Soon.... soon.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pristine_Condition said:

Yeah -- it's really awesome to see nights where we are over-full, now what, nearly 9 months after the game came out? Very cool indeed.

I don't think I have plans tomorrow night, I'll try to keep it open to play with you guys... need to finish Lair first tho.

exarkun

1. That is a sexzzy box cover.
2. I just had a killer run of 5 games in Resistance where I felt like the s*** (I did well in them so im happy, so sue me). I really want to play with you guys, is there gonna be a clan night tonight or no?
3. I never have had a fps (other than counter strike and maybe halo but I stopped playing it when I stopped playing with my xbox1) that I keep going back to. Ive had this game since day one and I'll play pretty heavily for a month, take a week or two break, and play again. Its so weird cause I didn't think the online MP was anything special at first but now I find myself playing through and during some matches saying "damn that was like a heated CAL match (and I loved my CAL matches)". I don't really know what it is, but i keep coming back.
4. How are the new maps? Worth the purchase? Well designed? I just want to know cause my cursor sometimes goes down the "Purchase" button and I kinda want to get it but I don't know yet.

Angelcurio

Yesterdays breach game was insane. It lasted more than an hour. And yeah, that JSD guy from insomniac was a really good player.

I remember in one occasion i captured charlie in the easiest way possible (well, that base had to be recaptured a hundred of times in the second part of the match). I entered the base, threw an air fuel grenade directly in the middle of the node and it simply went completely down.

Bobthefork also did a an awesome job when he infiltrated the enemy base. I remember i saw him walking all alone and i was thinking "where is he going?" since that node we were attacking was on the opposite direction. I guess we will have to call him Bob Snake :D

F-Pina

I never seem to catch a break to play with the clan.

I must say i never played with the clan, but then again when i have on or two nitghts free or i log in i never find any neo-gaffer online...

Nos_G

Damn, looks like I missed out big time on the epic battles. I dropped early because I wanted other GAF clan members to get in.

Anyway, I went 0/7 in one match and then sniped a 7/0 another game... I really need to start practicing for consistency.

Good games last night though.

Top Bottom