• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

sutdawg

Beatbox said:
Me and Sutdawg should be on around 9:30 EST.

It's been a while since I turnturned down playing but I think I'm going to be MIA tonight. I'll try to get on for a little bit but sadly don't think I'll be playing tonight or tomorrow night.

FYI... don't make efertlis wait, he's turned into a mini m3freak and tends to fall alseep in the XMB waiting for people(right around 9:30pm). Especially when efertlis and he who shall remain nameless in the GAF forums (cough "Click" cough) have their all night resistance dates -- rumor has it click is a romantic who enjoys long walks at Nottingham and watching the sunset on the Lexington , while efertlis enjoys more athletic dates, like jumping off Rooftops and hunting in the Summerset forest.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Thanks for the tips. Who would have thunk knowing the basic game rules would help so much? Went from getting slaughtered last night to winning one of the two big deathmatches I played tonight. Raging makes a huge freaking difference; I can't believe I actually played almost completely without it yesterday. I also have a newfound love for sneaking on certain maps.

sutdawg said:
It's been a while since I turnturned down playing but I think I'm going to be MIA tonight. I'll try to get on for a little bit but sadly don't think I'll be playing tonight or tomorrow night.

FYI... don't make efertlis wait, he's turned into a mini m3freak and tends to fall alseep in the XMB waiting for people(right around 9:30pm). Especially when efertlis and he who shall remain nameless in the GAF forums (cough "Click" cough) have their all night resistance dates -- rumor has it click is a romantic who enjoys long walks at Nottingham and watching the sunset on the Lexington , while efertlis enjoys more athletic dates, like jumping off Rooftops and hunting in the Somerset forest.
Wow, with as much as Click hates Somerset thats great to see, i guess opposites do attract <3 awww

purg3

slept with Malkin
just bought the game today and would like to play with you guys. I'm downloading the update now, so how do I find everyone-I don't think I have any the GAF resistance guys on my friends list. Anyway my psn name is purgeface.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Hey Purgeface, that "join game failed" error/player kicker message just happens randomly. Don't think that we kicked you out or anything :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
Beatbox said:
Hey Purgeface, that "join game failed" error/player kicker message just happens randomly. Don't think that we kicked you out or anything :D

Ahh, I was wondering what happened. I said to myself "Man I know that I'm pretty bad, but not that bad" lol

That was a lot of fun, I need to get a mic ASAP-I don't know if I can wait until Warhawk comes out.

FightyF

Banned
purgeface said:
Ahh, I was wondering what happened. I said to myself "Man I know that I'm pretty bad, but not that bad" lol

That was a lot of fun, I need to get a mic ASAP-I don't know if I can wait until Warhawk comes out.

It's coz ur an Xbot dewd.

Add me to your friends list!

I can't add you, and the reason why I haven't been able to play is because my parents are using my PS3 as a BluRay player and are enjoying Planet Earth.

I hope to have it back by Friday, I need my Res fix!

purg3

slept with Malkin
FightyF said:
It's coz ur an Xbot dewd.

Add me to your friends list!

I can't add you, and the reason why I haven't been able to play is because my parents are using my PS3 as a BluRay player and are enjoying Planet Earth.

I hope to have it back by Friday, I need my Res fix!

Haha, yeah.

I'll make sure to add you before i done playing tonight.

patsu

AstroLad said:
I also have a newfound love for sneaking on certain maps.

Heh heh, besides long range grenading, I like to sneak behind snipers most, followed by Augering snipers. I hate being killed by exploding barrel most.

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
Heh heh, besides long range grenading, I like to sneak behind snipers most, followed by Augering snipers. I hate being killed by exploding barrel most.

I love shooting those barrelz.
Indifferent2.gif

Banking grenades seem to be working better for me these days, I think I tend to overthrow them when I toss them straight.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thanks for the games tonight guys-I should have bought this game weeks ago when I got my PS3. Didn't know what I was missing.

dalyr95

I've been playing alot of Resistance FFA and while getting slightly better is there any tips of a good online guide you can point me to, to get some hints.

Also stupid question if I see any of the clan members online, how can I join them in their game?

Nightz

dalyr95 said:
I've been playing alot of Resistance FFA and while getting slightly better is there any tips of a good online guide you can point me to, to get some hints.
Go to MyResistance.net and register for the forums. There are a bunch of guides for playing online that really help with the basics of FPS and this game. Other than that, I think practice is the best way to get better.

Aeon712

Also stupid question if I see any of the clan members online, how can I join them in their game?
Most of the regular members play ranked games which don't have late join, so if you wait in the lobby or do a ffa(since it's one rd)you should get an invite to the next game.

dralla

anyone know if they're getting rid of the infinite Bullseye tag? it's kind of dumb to walk around and see people not even trying to aim, just shooting out tags all the time.

The Jer

dralla said:
anyone know if they're getting rid of the infinite Bullseye tag? it's kind of dumb to walk around and see people not even trying to aim, just shooting out tags all the time.

You don't have to aim to use the tag?

dralla

Not when you have an unlimited ammount and can spam them to no end. Each BE should have 2 tags.

and what's with matchmaking lately, I just got 16p Manchester 4 times in a row

ggnoobIGN

Banned
The unlimited Bullseye tag is the best thing to happen to Resistance. It even up the playing field that much more is a must on certain maps.

JB1981

dralla said:
i agree with this 100%. None of the other weapons in the game have unlimited secondary fire.

JB1981 said:
i agree with this 100%. None of the other weapons in the game have unlimited secondary fire.
auger and arccharger say hi. Ive never had a problem with people tagging, they never last that long. Just kill them before you die : p

The Jer

dralla said:
Not when you have an unlimited ammount and can spam them to no end. Each BE should have 2 tags.

and what's with matchmaking lately, I just got 16p Manchester 4 times in a row
The rate of fire is slow enough, so that if you suck at aiming, you'll still get wasted. If you have to take two shots, you're already dead.

Even if it is a garunteed kill (and it's certainly not if you play with a very small number of people), you still have to make one shot and make it count; so it's not much diiferent from the sniper rifle in many games in that respect. Except that tags travel really slow, so you can't use it long range.

I'd rather not have tags be a pick-up-able item. That would just create another weapon to camp and whore in chimera games. Even having two tags per life would be a bad idea. That would encourage people to purposefully die in order to get two new tags and pick up kills faster (which is all that matters for winning a DM game).

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
M3Freak said:
Has any clan purging taken place yet? If it has, how's been cut?

I sent Kaching a starter list, so if anyone feels they were unfairly cut, bitch at me. However, those on the list have never played a clan night with us (or at least in the past 4 or 5 months).

FightyF

Banned
What do you guys think about the range of the Carbine? I know it's an odd time to bring this up now...but I think it could use some extension. It's kinda odd seeing your opponent on the opposite end of the roof on the Church, and not being able to shoot at him because of the very limited range of the carbine.

Don't know why I'm bringing this up now, but it's something I've always felt needed to be said. :p

sutdawg

Beatbox said:
I sent Kaching a starter list, so if anyone feels they were unfairly cut, bitch at me. However, those on the list have never played a clan night with us (or at least in the past 4 or 5 months).

Was the annoying guy/girl always screaming about the shotgun cut? You know the one always getting killed by barrelz? I remember, the other night we were starting a game at Grimbsy and he mumbled something under his breathe about shotty whores then quit out? I think his name was Aeon712... what a loser! :lol

Big-E

FightyF said:
What do you guys think about the range of the Carbine? I know it's an odd time to bring this up now...but I think it could use some extension. It's kinda odd seeing your opponent on the opposite end of the roof on the Church, and not being able to shoot at him because of the very limited range of the carbine.

Don't know why I'm bringing this up now, but it's something I've always felt needed to be said. :p

I agree. Giving me two sniper weapons is better than one. Also they need to boost the range of the Fareye. As it stands currently you cant hit someone from the sout east of manchester 40p if you are in the south west.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
I agree. Giving me two sniper weapons is better than one. Also they need to boost the range of the Fareye. As it stands currently you cant hit someone from the sout east of manchester 40p if you are in the south west.

God helps us if you sniper whores get a bigger range on teh fareye, like rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

sutdawg

Big-E said:

Good point, boost the range! How about they give us an unlimited secondary sniper shot that goes into first person view and you can direct the bullet with your sixaxis!

FightyF

Banned
Big-E said:

:lol

Kidding aside, it's not like you can kill someone with 1 or 2 shots of the carbine.

Bwah all this Resistance talk has me itching to play... :(

methane47

Beatbox said:

PLEASE tell me I made the cut to get into the clan!!

patsu

sutdawg said:
Good point, boost the range! How about they give us an unlimited secondary sniper shot that goes into first person view and you can direct the bullet with your sixaxis!

NIKITA from MGS !

Big-E said:

Actually.... if this is your wish, I would also make the _minimum_ magnification of the sniper rifle larger. In other words, Far-Eye can't see people who are "too close".

The Jer

sutdawg said:
shot that goes into first person view and you can direct the bullet with your sixaxis!

after-touch on a projectile?

fly-by-wire?

using the sixaxis to fly it?

That's actually an awesome idea.

I would love to see it in Resistance 2.

Kittonwy

Banned
61xvrtf.jpg

^^ WHERE IS MY SHOUTOUT???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Top Bottom