• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
johnFkennedy said:
I logged in late last night and couldn't join the party because it was already full.It seems like I missed out. BIG TIME.

sorry :(

<---- new avatar GOT!! SO HAWT

suikodan

A friend and I played the game in coop mode last night. Even though I bought the game at launch, I never played it much and only got after the fight with the 1st stalker.

We had to start over in coop but we got even further! There are parts where it can get really rough and I wonder how I passed those in solo in the first place.

I guess we are near the end, I really can't wait to finish it. I might play online after that.

methane47

I can't believe I did so well in that Breach match... I think I came in 2nd overall... I was really pleased with myself...

Although I think the only reason I came in second was because I think i was glitching... Because I wouldn't be anywhere near the node and I would get recapture points constantly.. :lol

that was also my first (or second) time playing breach .... wait... was it breach or meltdown? I dont know..

JB1981

Sorry for leaving after the 1st round of that epic Breach match on Nottingham. We whipped their asses. How did you guys do in the second round?

Aeon712

dralla said:
IGN also has a Resistance clan. someone should set up a GAF vs IGN game for battle of teh message boards
Efertlis, Click Sutdawg? and myself played against them once, think they were lagging but we beat them. Shame it was only 1rd.

methane47

JB1981 said:
Sorry for leaving after the 1st round of that epic Breach match on Nottingham. We whipped their asses. How did you guys do in the second round?

snd round was alittle bit harder... there was quite a bit of back and forth.. and if I remember correctly... one guy snuck into our base pretty early and did some damage... but after that we just kept on pressing and pressing.. eventually they gave in..

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm good in deathmatches. I did well during that 40p Somerset deathmatch, but the following assault game on the same map was embarrassing. I think I got 17 points in both rounds combined.

Aeon712

womfalcs3 said:
I'm good in deathmatches. I did well during that 40p Somerset deathmatch, but the following assault game on the same map was embarrassing. I think I got 17 points in both rounds combined.
Don't worry about points during the objective games, I'm usually always at the bottom. Just help the team out in your own way rather it be defending, distracting, or clearing a path for the top Obj point getters.

womfalcs3 said:

You'll find your roll and your role, no worries. Winning the games is what is important to GAF Clan.

Also, sometimes in Obj. games, you simply don't get a chance to score much. If you are on base or node defense when the offense just mows everybody down, you might not score at all. Conversely, you may be on offense and, because of fluke timing, you end up clearing the path every time and dying (a lot) and never get to shoot a node, while somewhere the defense is just racking up the points.

What goes around comes around though.

One nice thing to know, even if you don't put up a big score, there are points distributed for the winning team, and even if you don't score, you will still get points that go towards raising your rank.

careksims

So it was BobtheFork who saved our asses in that Breach game! GG! Yeah that 2nd round was great. It's the reasons why I love Breach.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
sorry :(

<---- new avatar GOT!! SO HAWT

It is hot.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
I logged in late last night and couldn't join the party because it was already full.It seems like I missed out. BIG TIME.

Sorry we couldn't get you in on the action, I think MGSVAN also couldn't get in, it was an awesome turnout last night, we maxed out at 20 at least twice.

Kittonwy

Banned
kitties.jpg

^^ MADNESSSS??? THIZ IZ GAFFFFFF!!!! OHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

GAF!!! PREPARE FOR GLORY RAWR!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LOL

I got kicked from the clan! I'm no longer in it for some odd reason :( we should probably take a better bigger GAF picture

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Send Kaching a PM on GAF, not PSN for invites. G35 - you shouldn't have been kicked, are you sure you logged in and played a round or two, sometimes it takes a minute for your stats and clan to show up if you haven't played in a while. You weren't on the list of people I sent to Kaching to remove from the clan.

How do I join in on the Gaf Clan game? I went on and saw some gaffers online but I didn't know how to join them! Do I have to put some of you guys on my buddy list first so I can find the game? I'm already part of the clan as well.... :/

I still had fun though I killed a couple people with a bullseye tag for the first time which was pretty hard but rewarding at the same time. :D

Wollan

Does anyone know if MyResistance is supposed to work with EU accounts now? I always get a error when I try to link my forum account with PSN.

Raist

Banned
Wollan said:
Does anyone know if MyResistance is supposed to work with EU accounts now? I always get a error when I try to link my forum account with PSN.

Well, when global servers went up, I think I remember reading js sayin that the site should be updated. He even stated than a few EU people managed to link their account, but there was some bug so they took the page down, and he said that it would be fixed a few days after. Obviously it hasn't :p

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Efertlis, Click Sutdawg? and myself played against them once, think they were lagging but we beat them. Shame it was only 1rd.

I'm pretty sure if you were there we probably lost. :D

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
I'm pretty sure if you were there we probably lost. :D
That's it, I'm tired of putting up with this clan's constant bashing. I'm not playing with you all tonight.

Nah NFL Hall of Fame Game is tonight, Down with the cheating Saints

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
That's it, I'm tired of putting up with this clan's constant bashing. I'm not playing with you all tonight.

Nah NFL Hall of Fame Game is tonight, Down with the cheating Saints

For whom am I going to play my Maroon 5 songs? What am I to do?
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Awesome night, thanks to everyone as well as Kaz for showing up and playing with us, nice turnout.

The Assault and Breach games were very successful, and it's nice to end on a high note with the TDM on the carrier. How some of you managed to avoid getting killed on teh rooftops was like wtf.
Indifferent2.gif

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
TTP said:
Sex maybe?

Hahaha. Nooo far from it. Just stuff I had to deal with that I didn't see coming up.

The good news is, I'll be WITH BobTheFork next weekend cheering him on in NYC.

And, to any NY area GAFfers...should come party it up with us.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ah I see :)

Hey jstevenson, this is obviously a question you wont be able to reply to but I'll ask anyway.

I was wondering the other day about Resistance 2, more specifically its online aspect, even more specifically its maps. Considering the amount of effort Insomniac put in creating these huge, scalable maps for Resistance, what are the chances of them being offered in Resistance 2 (obviously alongside the new ones) with the graphical enhancements we can expect from the new game? Just like Bungie is doing with Halo 3 (or Zipper/Slant6 with SOCOM 2/Confrontation for that matter). It would be great to have this huge catalog of maps growning iteration after iteration.

Yes? No? No Comment? :)

Be advised No Comment = Yes.

tanod

when is my burrito
jstevenson said:
Hahaha. Nooo far from it. Just stuff I had to deal with that I didn't see coming up.

Problems with the stealth release of Ratchet & Clank Future in two weeks?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
jstevenson said:

The good news is, I'll be WITH BobTheFork next weekend cheering him on in NYC.

And, to any NY area GAFfers...should come party it up with us.

resistance Tourney finals?

dralla

the other day I was playing on Manchester and had some nice kills. I took some clips of it and made a small highlight. all the clips are from the same round, except 1 clip [I wanted to match the length of the music]. only a 50 meg download. a lot of grenade kills and paid homage to some other games with the music/sound effects. check it out

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdjxtz2dmvm

couldn't come up with a good name :[

edit. i re-aranged some of the audio.

methane47

dralla said:
the other day I was playing on Manchester and had some nice kills. I took some clips of it and made a small highlight. all the clips are from the same round, except 1 clip [I wanted to match the length of the music]. only a 50 meg download. a lot of grenade kills and paid homage to some other games with the music/sound effects. check it out

http://www.mediafire.com/?a4e4xhv551b

can any other gaffers be seen in this vid? or is it just you?

dralla

well I can only capture myself and it's only 1 round, so yea..it's just me. it's not a big montage or anything, just 1:30

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
dralla said:

that Manchester map configuration and the Mall are my favorite maps

dralla said:

Whoa that was pretty sick! :D Good choice of music too!

Edit: HAhahah did you put in a "hattrick" sound byte?

dralla said:
and a 'headhunter' @ :17. is it not loud enough? :[
No I heard that too, but I thought it said headshot at first.

What sensitivity do you play at, I just noticed that in the controls and started fiddling around with it.

Top Bottom