• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
The Chimera's have blocked out the sun, so we shall fight them in the shade because GAFtans, tonight, we dine in HELL. And no it's not madness, it's Resistanceeeeee clan night.

I don't have to be up till like 9 tomorrow so expect me on for more then an hr or 30min like last night :(....Off to watch 300 on BRD.

NOMNOMNOM.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Finished watching 300 and am totally pumped for Clan night, we're sooo going with a "Give them nothing, but take from them Everything" attitude in objective tonight.

sutdawg

Beatbox said:
Thanks again for putting in the work to organize this team and spreadsheet.

If you need help downsizing just let me know. I know of at least a dozen people on the list who have never played with us before.

Yes, yes... some of us are on almost every night so we can pretty much have an idea for whose been playing(even just every once in a while) and whose just taking up space. I will also lend a hand if needed.

I say we start with the ulitmate waste of space "looks at Aeon712" :lol

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Finished watching 300 and am totally pumped for Clan night, we're sooo going with a "Give them nothing, but take from them Everything" attitude in objective tonight.

Nice, I definitely need to get that. I'm watching The Warriors Bluray from Netflix for my pre-game warmup. Hijo was right, pretty nice transfer.

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
Nice, I definitely need to get that. I'm watching The Warriors Bluray from Netflix for my pre-game warmup. Hijo was right, pretty nice transfer.
You guys go so far over my head when you all start talking about transfers, amps, speakers and even coffee makers :lol.

Beatbox

Aeon712 said:
You guys go so far over my head when you all start talking about transfers, amps, speakers and even coffee makers :lol.
:lol HTR-5490, Klipsch Chorus II's and Senseo's baby.

Beatbox

Kittonwy said:
Can you put Bailey's in that thing?
Indifferent2.gif

It's only ported via the 15" passive radiator. You would need to remove it to gain access to the internals to place Bailey's inside. So yes.

JoeFenix

Wow!

Just got my PS3 with Ninja Gaiden, love that game.

I try the Resistance demo and my jaw absolutely DROPS! Wtf?

So smooth, so consistent, so immersive! When that stalker thing showed up I was floored.

I need this game now! This is a launch title? WTF!!!!

Kittonwy

Banned
RoH said:
Just got into the GAF clan can any one send me a game invite?

PSN REDEMPTOR

We play tonight starting 9-930ish, just show up we can see you if you're part of the clan and you'll get a party invite.
Indifferent2.gif

methane47

JoeFenix said:
Wow!

Just got my PS3 with Ninja Gaiden, love that game.

I try the Resistance demo and my jaw absolutely DROPS! Wtf?

So smooth, so consistent, so immersive! When that stalker thing showed up I was floored.

I need this game now! This is a launch title? WTF!!!!

the strange thing is.. its JUST as Fricking Smooth in Multiplayer!!
NO LAG ... or none that i've seen..

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
tanod said:
I just got my copy of Ninja Gaiden: Sigma in the mail! Resistance clan, what do I do?!?
Sounds like you're volunteering to be removed from the clan to me. Thanks, we certainly need the space.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Thanks for the inv guys, can't join tonight b/c of dinner with the wife. Invite me to the clan whenever you get a chance, I'll definitely be around for at least one or two more clan nights (plus I can read the tomes on the blog before then).

methane47

hmmm i just got a Party invite.. but when i clicked to accept it told me that the game had already started adn then my party invite disappeared...

.....am I currently in like a waiting list of sorts? or would i need another party invite before I can join the game?

patsu

It's normal... you should try to send another PSN message to one of the guys in the party. They will send you another invite.

Beatbox

methane47 said:
hmmm i just got a Party invite.. but when i clicked to accept it told me that the game had already started adn then my party invite disappeared...

.....am I currently in like a waiting list of sorts? or would i need another party invite before I can join the game?

I just sent you another game invite and a friends invite. We're gonna hop into another game right now so wait for us if you want to join up.

methane47

patsu said:
It's normal... you should try to send another PSN message to one of the guys in the party. They will send you another invite.

Oh I see... I got another one... but they were already in a game... i'll be ready next time.. :lol There really should be an audible clue that you got an invite..

Angelcurio

tanod said:
I just got my copy of Ninja Gaiden: Sigma in the mail! Resistance clan, what do I do?!?

cat-help.jpg
Aeon and i just had the same problem the other day. I just have beaten the first level and aeon just has beaten the first two levels, part of the reason for that is that each time i get some free time, its time for some resistance matches :D

tanod

when is my burrito
kaching said:
Sounds like you're volunteering to be removed from the clan to me. Thanks, we certainly need the space.

:'( I'm getting on now. You ****ers better still be playing. :mad:

exarkun

yo guys i think im gonna be on resistance tonight, I dont have that many GAF friends that play resistance so if anyone wants to invite me to the party my psn is exarkun.

Nightz

Thanks for letting me play with you guys tonight, even though I didn't have a working mic and I completely sucked. I'll try to dig up my old SOCOM USB mic so I can actually talk to you guys
and ask for help
next time.

FredFish

Nightz said:
Thanks for letting me play with you guys tonight, even though I didn't have a working mic and I completely sucked.

When I first started playing with the Clan I was probably worse then you are now...not that I've gotten much better really (I heard you snickering Aeon!) ;)
Pay some dues playing ranked FFAs, keep your eyes and ears open, try different things and you'll find your groove.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I read through most of the blog posts, but I need some really, really basic online strategy advice e.g., on sensitivity settings (thinking of going to 2 although I use 3 just fine on SP), when/how best to use the Rage, run, and crouch abilities and any other kind of really basic stuff.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
This coming from a BB employee!?!

patsu

TONX said:
This coming from a BB employee!?!

Well... he has to defend node Papa in BB. :)

AstroLad said:
I read through most of the blog posts, but I need some really, really basic online strategy advice e.g., on sensitivity settings (thinking of going to 2 although I use 3 just fine on SP), when/how best to use the Rage, run, and crouch abilities and any other kind of really basic stuff.

For me, it's mostly:
* Don't forget to aim higher (at the head)

tanod

when is my burrito
AstroLad said:

Everybody has their own preference but I would add this. If you want to stand any reasonable chance of killing somebody who sneaks up behind you, the minimum is 6.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
tanod said:
Everybody has their own preference but I would add this. If you want to stand any reasonable chance of killing somebody who sneaks up behind you, the minimum is 6.

Yeah, I've pretty much given up on that for now. I have a hard enough time killing people in front of me that I have the drop on. I tend overthink these kinds of games though.

What about Rage?

tanod

when is my burrito
AstroLad said:
What about Rage?

Almost always on unless you're trying to be stealthy. Humans can't see Chimera on the radar if they're not shooting or raging. Turn it off once you start losing health once in a while to regain your health or when you're traveling between nodes or something. It brings you down to 50% life which makes you a one shot kill with a close range shotgun or sniper rifle.

For humans, you should avoid running unless you're either trying to get away or running a long distance. You will not hit ANYTHING if you shoot while running, even if you are at point blank range with a shotgun. Also, anything that does hit, does less damage.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
tanod said:
Turn it off once you start losing health once in a while to regain your health or when you're traveling between nodes or something. It brings you down to 50% life which makes you a one shot kill with a close range shotgun or sniper rifle.

Can you elaborate on this? When/why does it bring you down to 50%?

tanod

when is my burrito
AstroLad said:

If you leave it on long enough, you start to overheat and you hear a hissing sound. Then you gradually start to lose health (unless you turn it off) until you're down to 50%. Once you're at 50%, you're health won't go down any further because of the rage mode, so you can keep it on without any further penalty.

Also, your health will not regenerate unless your rage mode bar (next to your health) is empty and it takes a while for your rage mode bar to come down after you turn it off.

In rage mode, you do more damage, you move about 2 times faster, and you take less damage (except for flame based weapons which do more). Unlike humans, Chimera still have great accuracy while in Rage mode too.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
AstroLad said:

While in Rage Mode you have a big advantage. You can see through walls and you can run faster while maintaining accuracy. But the disadvantage is if you keep it on too long, you start losing life, and humans can see you on their radar. The bar over your lifebar is your Rage meter, if it gets full, your life starts to dwindle down. It can only go to 50%. Its better to use it in bursts.

Beatbox

Astro, as fas as sensitivity goes, just try it at the default 5 and work it up or down if it feels too slow or fast. We have some people using 1 or 2, some people in the middle and I'm on the other extreme with mine set at 9.

Nightz

FredFish said:
When I first started playing with the Clan I was probably worse then you are now...not that I've gotten much better really (I heard you snickering Aeon!) ;)
Pay some dues playing ranked FFAs, keep your eyes and ears open, try different things and you'll find your groove.
Thanks for the advice. I played ranked FFAs all morning today and I'm starting to pick up some stuff. I actually had some rounds where I had more kills than deaths! :lol I also improved my k/d ratio from the low .400s to .678. Pathetic, I know, but at least I'm slowly improving.

FredFish

Nightz said:
...I also improved my k/d ratio from the low .400s to .678

Don't get too hung up on the k/d metric. It's valid if you're only soloing but team objective is going to mess with the ratio if you're on offense. Reason being is that attacking nodes is pretty much suicidal.

Some random general tips I can give from my limited experience: Go for headshots unless you have the Lark in which case aim for the feet. Grenades are great: yeah target bombing is extremely rewarding but just as important to remember is that throwing a grenade usually forces your opponent to take evasive action. Use that to your advantage. Mess around with sensitivity and find the balance you're comfortable with between shot accuracy and pivot speed.

Top Bottom