• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
Now that I'm part of the clan (yay me) do I still have to beg to beatbox to join the party?

I'm pretty sure you just have to beat his SSHD high score now, but I'm new too so don't take my word for it.

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
ok, im done for the night. I'm going to miss all 3 gaf nights this weekend. KittonWY is in charge until I return. damn so close to 10k.

YESSSSSSS!!! IMA IN CHARGE, BOB SEZ SO!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH
POWER
BEER

Actually Kittonwy, he said KittonWY is in charge. fail :p

Same difference, they look the same to me through teh beer goggles. My gun katas will be teh ready!!!
angry.gif

careksims

Kittonwy said:
Same difference, they look the same to me through teh beer goggles. My gun katas will be teh ready!!!
angry.gif

Oh Lawd! The kitten's in charge! We're all behind you Kittonwy! You'll be our shield of hope and fury!

OverHeat

« generous god »
Guys did You ever experience LAG will playing?
I restarted playing since the worldwide update and the game seem a little more laggy.

It happen so often that Im having a fire fight with someone he killed me but he died after me.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Aeon712 said:
:lol, I have no idea what that means but I'm cracking up.
I think it means

"whoever plays Phil Collins before a breach match, wins"

Although, im not fluent in Kitton.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Patsu sighting tonight?

There's been a few sightings lately but he hasn't partied with us. On the topic of bigfoot, Kaching joined us for a game or two last night! Good times!

careksims

Beatbox said:
There's been a few sightings lately but he hasn't partied with us. On the topic of bigfoot, Kaching joined us for a game or two last night! Good times!

Yes the President played wiht us. That was quite a sight!

patsu

Aeon712 said:
Patsu sighting tonight?

I got out of work hastily... at the last minute, Ms. Patsu called. *sigh*
I now need to fulfill the duty of a father... go buy milk and run errands.

Do you guys need milk ?

Angelcurio

Nice games last night.

I still remember that CTF game in which i was attacking the enemy base while one of us would try to take the flag while we were defending. All of a sudden, i was firing my Auger when i notice that everyone is staring at me, then i just heard a voice (i think it was efertlisdotcom) that said "Angel, you got the flag. Run to the base"

I was like WTF!, how did i end up with the flag :lol , then i started running to the base.

Aeon712

patsu said:
I got out of work hastily... at the last minute, Ms. Patsu called. *sigh*
I now need to fulfill the duty of a father... go buy milk and run errands.

Do you guys need milk ?
Milk nah stuffs nasty, but you can pick me up a Monster :D, my supply is gone :(.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Angelcurio said:
Nice games last night.

I still remember that CTF game in which i was attacking the enemy base while one of us would try to take the flag while we were defending. All of a sudden, i was firing my Auger when i notice that everyone is staring at me, then i just heard a voice (i think it was efertlisdotcom) that said "Angel, you got the flag. Run to the base"

I was like WTF!, how did i end up with the flag :lol , then i started running to the base.

:lol Yeah that was pretty funny. It wasn't me yelling at you since I was watching our flag on the map running around in circles at their base and laughing at whoever was yelling at you.

ty_hot

I bought this AMAZING game with my PS3 last Friday :) (a week ago)

I'm really liking it, both singleplayer(really amazing) and multiplayer (online) games... i couldn't try the coop mode :/

bill0527

I bought this game last November with my PS3 and I tried and tried to get into it and just couldn't.

I'm not really into shooters and I can usually only stand to play one or two of them a year. I tried at least a dozen times to get into Resistance, but never made it past the first few levels. I just didn't see what the big deal was all about.

I sold the game a few months ago... and yes, I picked it up again last week. I'm not 75% through the single player campaign and HOLY HELL, this game is pretty awesome. Maybe if the first few levels of the game weren't so bland, I might have been able to stick with it previously. I'm glad I picked it up again. The story kind of has me hooked at this point and I can't wait to see what happens to Hale next. I hope to god there isn't some kind of big let down at the end of this game ala Halo 2. I'm avoiding the rest of this thread for now so that nothing gets spoiled for me.

Andvary

First time playing with the clan, it was very fun! too bad my internet connection failed, I couldn't stay to see Kittowny perform his Gun katas :( .

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Beatbox said:
On the topic of bigfoot, Kaching joined us for a game or two last night! Good times!
I blame the influx of people wanting to join the clan - I got sloppy and started sending invites during your normal playtime. I could only get away with politely denying so many party invites. I'll be more furtive in the future.

Aeon712

TONX said:
Siq TDM game Aeon. Your 2 kills the entire match really contributed to our win. :D
Killing is over rated, I decided I wanted to help the newer members get kills by dishing out 18 assists.
spin spin spin

RoH

igRossMcIntosh said:
I never in my life expected to meet anyone else who liked Equilibrium.

I love this movie! If i was stranded on some post apocalyptic desert island, and given the choice to bring one movie, this would be my first and choice.

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:
Nice games last night.

That was hilarious.
gladtomeetya.gif

Angelcurio

I didnt know that when you talked with your headset your character would move his mouth accordingly. I was defending Foxtrot with Aeon in that breach game, and when i was in front of him i just noticed it. Looks really awesome :lol

btw, that was a really boring match for us, since no one from the orange team wanted to attack that node :(

Kittonwy

Banned
165056776_f92078e31b.jpg

^^ YOU CAN INCREASE YOUR LETHAL PROFICIENCY BY PERFECTING YOUR... GUN KATAS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SATURDAY NIGHT!!!

120 ACCURACY INCREASE FTW%%%%%!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

careksims

Angelcurio said:
Nice games last night.

Haha I remember that and you were heading BACK into THEIR area! That was funny. I thought you were taunting them!

tanod

when is my burrito
careksims said:
Haha I remember that and you were heading BACK into THEIR area! That was funny. I thought you were taunting them!

:lol That must have looked hilarious. Poor angel.

I can't wait to play tonight.

Send your thoughts to NYC right about now. Bob played a couple hours ago and if he won, he'll be playing again soon.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Steroyd said:
What is that block next to a players name and how come Kaz Hirai had a circle next to his a few weeks ago?
It's because he's from Insomniac. The circle is the Insomniac Moon in their logo.

ChryZ

Good games, guys. Personal highlights: making first place for once and the sight of Beatbox jumping over the handrail on Lexington into suicidal death after swooping my laark :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
Good games, guys. Personal highlights: making first place for once and the sight of Beatbox jumping over the handrail on Lexington into suicidal death after swooping my laark :lol

Good job on teh No. 1.
gladtomeetya.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Dudes who are unfamiliar with teh Nottingham Assault strategy please consult Remy's clan page. There's a reason why some of us were able to take down golf, we sniped at golf midway between where the augers are at the bottom of the map and golf, WHERE THERE IS AN AUGER AMMO RESPAWN (so when we run out of auger ammo sniping golf it's RIGHT THERE for us to refill!!! AND AUGER/AUGER AMMO are the fastest spawning weapon/ammo in the game), and teh auger is the ONLY weapon that can attack the node WITHOUT having to get close enough for the node to open up. You can pick up teh auger AND head over to the bridge to attack the node (THROUGH TEH WALL) above golf as well, or go to the top of the map to snipe at the node WITH TEH AUGER.
angry.gif

Also there needs to be a separate team attacking golf, spawning in the middle of the map and having to run all the way back to the auger spot is tiresome. We HAVE to get control of the bottom of the map because the other team can use the auger strategy against us and it's DEADLY (and much more effective than having control of the sniper rifle on the map, the auger is lethal to nodes AND essentially the base node where instead of having to fight THROUGH the tunnel, one can fire the auger into the base node while in the tunnel for MASSIVE DAMAGE).

tanod

when is my burrito
konrad77 said:
Does anyone know if there will be more SP story released as DLC before/if they release Resistance 2?

No clue but you can get more back story on the RFOMps3.com website, which is actually really cool.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
hey guys, I'm sorry I couldn't make it last night. I was busy learning how to build mac os apps with cocoa. got really into it and discovered pyobjc which really sparked my interest.

I will not miss the next match though :D

Kittonwy

Banned
63iycft.jpg

^^ GB ULTIMATUM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

LMAO N00BZ IN OBJ LMAO!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Aeon712

I was falling asleep while we were playing last night so I signed off early and then could'nt go to sleep and ended up staying up to 3am watching Weeds :lol.

Top Bottom