• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Rimshot

Is this game worth picking up for retailprice? (that is $89 in Sweden)

Or will I just wish I had bought Rainbow six Vegas?

Thanks for your help.

Proc

Rimshot said:

Thanks for your help.

It is worth every penny of full retail price, it is arguably the most "complete" experience the PS3 has to offer.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rimshot said:

Yes, absolutely.

Absolutely not.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.
Indifferent2.gif

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rimshot said:

Thanks for your help.

I have played through both, finished SP and played about 10 hours of Resistance multi and 20 of Vegas multi. They're both great games, but very different so I think it's unfair to pick one of them as being better. Vegas is a tactical shooter--you are constantly using the cover system and slowly taking out a relatively small number of enemies (except in the 2-3 huge firefights, the highlights of the game). Resistance is much more fast-paced. There is no cover system per se, but finding cover can be very important, especially on the higher difficulty levels of SP. Resistance definitely encourages blasting around a la Doom, and there are far more enemy types (obviously) as well as incredibly clever weapons designs. To use a cliched term, it's like Halo on speed, console-wise, though its much more a spiritial successor to PC FPSes like Doom.

It really depends what you're looking for. If you're a huge Doom/Duke/Quake fan, Resistance is the obvious choice. If you prefer slower pace (and online co-op), you may want to get Vegas. Gun to my head, I'd say Resistance. Totally arbitrary scoring-wise, I'd give Vegas a 9.0 and Resistance a 9.5. Be forewarned though, you really have to play through Resistance once (or play online) and then play on Hard before you can fully appreciate it. Vegas, OTOH, is something that is pretty steady throughout and that you can "get" immediately.

Damn that was long. hth.

Rimshot

Guess I'll go try it out then.

Played R6V on my 360 before and the online was the most fun I've had with a shooter in a long time. But then my 360 did as many other 360s did.

That's why I'm considering it to ps3.

But since I trust you gaffers I'll give Resistance a go ^^
I have a Japanese console with a US account. And I'm going to get a PAL game. Will I still be able to play with you all online? And if so, please send me your psn tags :)

I don't have any bluetooth headset yet though :/

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Rimshot said:
Guess I'll go try it out then.

Played R6V on my 360 before and the online was the most fun I've had with a shooter in a long time. But then my 360 did as many other 360s did.

That's why I'm considering it to ps3.

I have a Japanese console with a US account. And I'm going to get a PAL game. Will I still be able to play with you all online? And if so, please send me your psn tags :)

I don't have any bluetooth headset yet though :/
yes you'll still be able to play us. worldwide servers is a cool thing. no?

tanod

when is my burrito
Rimshot said:

Global servers FTW

Check the long-ass clan post by Kittonwy to get all the information you need on joining the clan, headsets, etc.

careksims

Beatbox said:
Oh okay, we split rounds that game right?
Anyways Beatbox = eFertLIS

I was gonna' ask about who you were on GaF. I was wondering why Efertlis wasn't posting on GAF! Major props for always organizing the clan and invites.

Steroyd

Rimshot said:

geez that's going to be a freaking headache for some games, not that any of that matters for Resistance.

Raist

Banned
Hey guys, wouldn't it be possible to have some clan meetings a bit earlier on weekends ?

Because it's like impossible to play with you for us EU folks. It's 3am - 6am :|

Last time I quit after one match. Sleeping in somerset = bad thing :lol

ROFL

Hail Britannia
Kittonwy said:
LOL I just noticed that ROFL did the concept art, good show ROFL, good show.
Indifferent2.gif

And why is that something to LOL and ROFL about? Sheesh...
Thank you, although I only did some of the environment concepts - along with Darren Q, Brian Y and Roland T - all of them extremely ****ing talented b*****ds.

methane47

Raist said:
Hey guys, wouldn't it be possible to have some clan meetings a bit earlier on weekends ?

Because it's like impossible to play with you for us EU folks. It's 3am - 6am :|

timezones suck dont they...

Anyways for those guys who I was talking to online.. Paintball was a freaking blast... Me and 10 other buddies went down to the paintball field at 10am and played for 3 hrs then came back at 7 for another 1 1/2 hrs...

It was a hell of alot of fun... I got a couple headshots... and NO one headshotted me :D:D:D ... But one of my team mates did team kill me with a paintball to the nads (thank god I'm hard as rock down there)... I was playing the game and it was killing me how I had to shoot 10-12 balls to get something on target (someones hopper) ... But God dog it was so much fun we had girls there and even they had a tonne of fun... One tiny girl got shot in the neck and she just kept on playing like it was nothing..

Most embarrasing thing was when we were playing on the inflatable ostacles field... I was on the right side of the field when I saw a baddie rush down the left... I immediately jumped up and ran for better cover while shooting him (which happened to be in the middle of the field) And as I reached the new cover.. There was another baddie just waiting for me.... So I skidded hit the cover then started running and dodging bullets from two directions to try to get away from the two guys... .I dodged the first 20-30 matrix style... but I only had so much bullet time left.. and eventually they laced me up and down the left side of my body with welts... My friends said I looked like I was doing the chicken wing...

Anyways it was a tonne of funn... Next Time I wont play games... I'll bring my Bullseye and start tagging people...

tanod

when is my burrito
ROFL said:
Thank you, although I only did some of the environment concepts - along with Darren Q, Brian Y and Roland T - all of them extremely ****ing talented b*****ds.

FWIW, I said WOW.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ROFL said:

Did Rolf censor himself on the forums? :lol

jstevenson said:
Hahaha... wait till you hear the podcast interview from NYC with Bobthefork... hahahaha.
Thursday, yes? Maybe as a present to Bobthfork it could come earlier...?

ROFL said:
I'm not going to take that bait... ;)
Rolf, you need to take your segment to the street. Better yet, film it; I'd like to see the people run as you chase them down :)

Arsenic

jstevenson said:
Hahaha... wait till you hear the podcast interview from NYC with Bobthefork... hahahaha.
Wait till everyone sees your gaming setup. hurry up and post those pics! (and answer my PM!)

Aeon712

Raist said:

Yea we really need to adjust that now that the servers are global. Know what else we need to adjust...the clan picture. We need a new Clan picture before we hit 10,000 posts, one that has me in it of course.

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
That is why the old picture is so awesome... No Aeon712.
Without me that's just some generic Resistance picture, with me it becomes the Awe Inspiring Totally Awesome Resistance Clan Pic Of GAF.

tanod

when is my burrito
I think a new clan pic is in order. 10,000 posts should be soon.

Next Sunday, anybody? It should be a little easier with voice chat output defaulting to speakers for the scant few who don't have headsets now.

What might work best is to get a custom game with 40 people and have efert on one team and sutdawg on the other. Then they can talk on the phone and coordinate the two teams to get everybody lined up.

Then we just need to figure out where to do it.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
Hey Patsu just to let you know, we won those two rounds last night :D.

Aha ! I thought so. The score was 974 vs 900 when I got disconnected. I was doing good in that round too :(

Maggot9

Banned
someone let me know when you guys decide to do another pic session. i know i sparsely play with you guys now, but i still want in..

le.phat

finally started the online portion of resistance ( after owning the game for 6 months :p) what does one have to do to become part of the gaf defence force, other then being godly ?

Aeon712

the_id said:
do you guys let junior members play with you? I left my clan so that i can play with you awsome GAFers...
le.phat said:
what does one have to do to become part of the gaf defence force, other then being godly ?
Kitton you need to make the Joining the Clan section stand out more.
TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

Kittonwy

Banned
Raist said:

It's not THAT late, is it? I wonder if we can get some EU people to start playing earlier but I don't know too many EU people.
gladtomeetya.gif

patsu

Aeon712 said:
Milk nah stuffs nasty, but you can pick me up a Monster :D, my supply is gone :(.

Now I know why Aeon was asking me about his Monster when I ran away with the clan from my family the other day.

Aeon, why do they pick on you so much ? What did you do (or not do) ?

Raist said:

If you EU guys have the initiative to start getting together earlier, go for it. Some of us NA players definitely might pop on to play a few rounds with you guys if we see a group there.

Personally though it's going to get tough to do in the Fall because, for at least a portion of us, from September to December, our Saturday afternoons will be dedicated to watching college football, and Sunday afternoons are dedicated to watching NFL football. :D

I can't speak for all of my fellow Americans, but as someone from Texas, (where football-watching is a near-religious experience) I pretty much know what I'm going to be doing most weekend afternoons for those 18 weeks or so, and it probably isn't too Resistance-intensive. :lol

The Philly crew might be down later in the season though, since they won't have to worry about the playoffs much. ;)

Kittonwy

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
If you EU guys have the initiative to start getting together earlier, go for it. Some of us NA players definitely might pop on to play a few rounds with you guys if we see a group there.

Personally though it's going to get tough to do in the Fall because, for at least a portion of us, from September to December, our Saturday afternoons will be dedicated to watching college football, and Sunday afternoons are dedicated to watching NFL football. :D

I can't speak for all of my fellow Americans, but as someone from Texas, (where football-watching is a near-religious experience) I pretty much know what I'm going to be doing most weekend afternoons for those 18 weeks or so, and it probably isn't too Resistance-intensive. :lol

The Philly crew might be down later in the season though, since they won't have to worry about the playoffs much. ;)

We at hoserland have teh CFL yo.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to be playing Resistance on the weekends.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
le.phat said:
finally started the online portion of resistance ( after owning the game for 6 months :p) what does one have to do to become part of the gaf defence force, other then being godly ?

Actually, you don't have to be good to join the clan. You just have to be registered on GAF. That is the only requirement. We play for fun.

As a matter of fact, everybody in the clan sucks, except for Aeon
who fucking blows
. He so cocky. :D

The only people who are consistently good are efertlisdotcom (beatbox on GAF), sutdawg, bobthefork, TONX, and Mr. cocky.

M3Freak

Banned
I'm baaaaaaaack!!! Man, I'm hankering for some shotty-up-yo-ass fun, tonight!

I'll be on by 10:30 p.m. See you guys then!

Aeon712

patsu said:
Aeon, why do they pick on you so much ? What did you do (or not do) ?
As Tanod just stated, I think it's cause I'm cocky :(, other then the cocky factor I'm actually a nice person :).
This pre season game is making me wanna shoot some Chimera but I must sleep so I can wake up early for Maddenoloday:D

Oh Crap last new page before we hit 10,000.

M3Freak

Banned
Hey....what did I miss over the weekend? Did Bob lose or win? Any new PS3 news? Did Bob talk about the clan on the podcast interview with Insomniac? Will he be on tonight?

WHAT THE HELLS IS GOING ON, EH?!

Greg

Aeon712 said:
As Tanod just stated, I think it's cause I'm cocky :(, other then the cocky factor I'm actually a nice person :).
This pre season game is making me wanna shoot some Chimera but I must sleep so I can wake up early for Maddenoloday:D

Oh Crap last new page before we hit 10,000.
Damnit, I think I'm going to break down and buy my first PS3 game since Motorstorm.

I will see you on the field. :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
<3 Aeon. I just find your cockiness entertaining. At least you're really good.

If you were terrible, it'd be a little different. :D

Top Bottom