• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
My ISP went down at midnight local time so I got disconnected and couldn't get back on again last night. I had a good time. See you guys online this weekend and... GO BOB!!!!

EDIT: Resistance is fucking awesome!

Gattsu25

Banned
The Jer said:
I believe the auger rounds both lose speed and gain power as they travel through an object.
Yep.

In fact, the only reason I started doing good for a bit that round was because for a while I stopped having shootouts with people and started hiding behind walls and shooting at them

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
BobTheFork said:
damnit, we have to get to 10k posts before i leave for NYC. BTW great games tonight. The auger only match was teh best.

oh I hated that one. I suck so bad with the auger.

overall a great game night. thanks for letting me in the clan guys, you're awesome.

pswii60

Looking forward to playing some of this online tonight. I've not really played it much online yet, just ploughed through the singleplayer, so looking forward to it. Still hard to believe that this was a launch title.

tanod

when is my burrito
Bearillusion said:
That's why you need an announcer.

'You gained the lead'

*two seconds later*

'You lost the lead'

I don't know if you were on, but I was doing some "announcing" during a game last night. I was annoyed with myself. I can imagine how other people felt.

"Sutdawg is in the lead"
"Three kills left"
"Bobthefork is in the lead"
"Sutdawg is in the lead"
"Bobthefourty has won the game"

Yeah... no. *barfs*

Gattsu25

Banned
tanod said:
I don't know if you were on, but I was doing some "announcing" during a game last night. I was annoyed with myself. I can imagine how other people felt.

"Sutdawg is in the lead"
"Three kills left"
"Sutdawg is in the lead"

Yeah... no. *barfs*
ah, that was you? :lol you were annoying

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:

"Sutdawg is in the lead"
"Three kills left"
"Sutdawg is in the lead"

Yeah... no. *barfs*

LOLZ.
Indifferent2.gif

Nightz

Fun stuff last night. I was able to find my old SOCOM headset but I don't think the mic works. Oh well, just gotta wait until Warhawk to be able to talk to you guys.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Nightz said:
Fun stuff last night. I was able to find my old SOCOM headset but I don't think the mic works. Oh well, just gotta wait until Warhawk to be able to talk to you guys.

Did u check it in the System Setting?

tanod

when is my burrito
Nightz said:

A lot of people use Socom or PS2 USB headsets. They work just fine. You just need to make sure you enable it under the sound options in the game or on the XMB.

LJ11

Nightz, I could have sworn that I heard you speaking at one point. Make sure the Logitech option is checked in your mic settings, and that you switch to squad X-Ray when we get in game.

Nightz

TTP said:
Did u check it in the System Setting?

tanod said:
A lot of people use Socom or PS2 USB headsets. They work just fine. You just need to make sure you enable it under the sound options in the game or on the XMB.

LJ11 said:
Nightz, I could have sworn that I heard you speaking at one point. Make sure the Logitech option is checked in your mic settings, and that you switch to squad X-Ray when we get in game.
Yeah all the settings are correct and I know about X-Ray. I tried out a buddy's SOCOM headset (exact same one I have) and it worked fine. We also tried talking to each other and he said that sometimes he could hear me, but the sound was cutting out.

The earpiece on my headset works and I can hear you guys perfectly, I think the mic is just busted :\

dralla

the socom mic has stopped working after one of the firmware updates. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't even bother with mine, just waiting for Warhawk

dionysus

Yaldog
What is the feeling in the clan about the upcoming ps3 multiplayer games? Warhawk or UT3 getting more hype? I didn't really get into resistance multiplayer, but I figure I will play one of the other two pretty heavily. And since none of my real life friends own ps3s, I need a group to play with. There is only room for one multiplayer game in my life, so tell me what to buy!

Wollan

Warhawk is getting a good amount of hype but I think UT3 is getting much less than it deserves. This rests on Midway of course but so far they aren't doing a good job me thinks.
UT3 is a absolute purchase for me this fall, many big games I would drop in favor of it.

dralla

it's hard to get hyped for a game we know nothing about. I asked a question on the Epic forums about the features on the PS3, and my post was deleted.

but why are you talking about UT3 in the Resistance thread?

dionysus

Yaldog
dralla said:
it's hard to get hyped for a game we know nothing about. I asked a question on the Epic forums about the features on the PS3, and my post was deleted.

but why are you talking about UT3 in the Resistance thread?

Sorry, this just seems to be the biggest community of online ps3 gamers...

tanod

when is my burrito
dionysus said:
What is the feeling in the clan about the upcoming ps3 multiplayer games? Warhawk or UT3 getting more hype? I didn't really get into resistance multiplayer, but I figure I will play one of the other two pretty heavily. And since none of my real life friends own ps3s, I need a group to play with. There is only room for one multiplayer game in my life, so tell me what to buy!

I think the people who are playing now, will probably keep playing until Resistance 2 comes out as long as Insomniac keeps supporting the game. There are a lot of people stoked for War Hawk but it's mostly people who have played it already.

During the WarHawk beta, some regulars weren't on as much but we have a pretty constant in-flux of new people and a good turnout every clan night. In other words, War Hawk won't affect things very much because it's part of a different MP niche.

UT3 is still too far away to know what will happen or if/how it supports clan play and such.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Maverick said:
Just picked up a mint, used copy of Resistance for $35.

Now to get that PS3 today...
Nice, i will be on tonight if you want to play a few matches. Sorry i missed out on the Auger match last night. Not sorry that i missed out on Tanod's announcing debut. :D

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
johnFkennedy said:
How come we never play on the new maps? They're very good.

We're pretty much waiting for them to be integrated in the normal game searches (TDM/Objective). Most of us got sick of playing regular non team based convergence over and over and over and over.

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
We're pretty much waiting for them to be integrated in the normal game searches (TDM/Objective). Most of us got sick of playing regular non team based convergence over and over and over and over.
Some games tonight?

Greg

Beatbox said:
If you haven't noticed I play every night :lol
I lied and said I would be on last night, damnit. I need to get this last bit of money in before classes start in 3 weeks.

I'll try to log on tonight after Rescue Me at 11 EST.

pswii60

Damn I love this game. Was playing it for the first time properly online tonight, really enjoyed it. Nottingham with 32 people was insane.

So smooth, no lag. The pinaccle of my console online gaming experience so far.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
pswii60 said:
Damn I love this game. Was playing it for the first time properly online tonight, really enjoyed it. Nottingham with 32 people was insane.

So smooth, no lag. The pinaccle of my console online gaming experience so far.
Welcome to the fold :) I've been saying this forever and noone ever believes me until they see it with their own eyes.

Edit: Going online now. Chimera beware.

dralla said:
the socom mic has stopped working after one of the firmware updates. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't even bother with mine, just waiting for Warhawk
yeah I used to have a old socom mic. It would cut in and out. It would work, then in the middle of a match it would die for the rest of the night. I got a good deal on a nice padded usb headset.

Nightz

BobTheFork said:
yeah I used to have a old socom mic. It would cut in and out. It would work, then in the middle of a match it would die for the rest of the night. I got a good deal on a nice padded usb headset.
So I'm not the only one having problems with it. Guess I'll just stick it out until I get my copy of Warhawk in the mail.

Aeon712

Greg said:
I lied and said I would be on last night, damnit. I need to get this last bit of money in before classes start in 3 weeks.

I'll try to log on tonight after Rescue Me at 11 EST.
We need to set up Eagles vs Packers for Tuesday. This game can set the tempo for the season opener.

Aeon712 said:
We need to set up Eagles vs Packers for Tuesday. This game can set the tempo for the season opener.
O-o massive packers fan!!! Too bad they are going to suck again. and for the next few years until they get a crazy QB draft pick. At least the eagles will play like an expansion team this year and I don't have to grieve alone. I'll be on in the next hour or so.

methane47

BobTheFork said:

Hmm i thought that was only me.. i have one of the old logitech usb headsets and when it's first plugged in it works fine... works for half the first match.. then dies for the rest of the night... its very annoying..

Greg

Aeon712 said:
Not sure if I'm buying the game right away, so hopefully I can find someone that rents it out soon after release. Ahhhh, I can't wait. :D

BobTheFork said:
O-o massive packers fan!!! Too bad they are going to suck again. and for the next few years until they get a crazy QB draft pick. At least the eagles will play like an expansion team this year and I don't have to grieve alone. I'll be on in the next hour or so.
Hell yes Packers! They won't suck this year - Favre will play like the man of 10 years ago and we can win this superbowl so he can retire in peace.

...ok, that's the fan inside talking, but I will hope for the best. :lol

Steroyd

Okay I would like to say SCREW YOU GAF. >_<

I got banned for a freaking month, A FREAKING MONTH okay the first few days were okay, i was cool but then the urge to get a PS3 was rising... rising and then I got one, no Gaf no post make Steroyd go crazy.

Okay so i get the predictable launch titles, Motorstorm and Resistance, Motorstorm is a awesome game didn't like the triggers at first got used to them, then after a while the controller started to hurt my hand after long periods of use, i was pissed off at using the triggers until a few days ago when i learned you can change the configuration so that accel is X.

Anyway this thread isn't the I've got a PS3 thread so to the point.

I am shocked and amazed Resistance is a LAUNCH TITLE WTF!?! The first few levels weren't something to shout home about, I was starting to believe the criticisms the game was receiving until I got to the Manchester level and realised how much of a sinner I was for letting such thoughts creep in and because i haven't played a FPS in ages I kept getting WTFPWNED at the Church (and those bastards with the augers afterwards didn't help me past that bit either), the game has variety I like that, it's neither a definitive fast pace FPS or a Scary slow one, it mixes them up nicely.

Right now I'm up to the level that's very Doom-esque in the darkness using a torch thingy haven't even tried that level yet cause I've been playing online which is friggen awesome, been tagging along with the clan for the last couple of weeks, not very European Friendly, i has to get up 3AM just to play with you guys.... but it's worth it. :D

Oh yeah how the fuck does everyone kill me faster when I'm one on one with someone (i.e Carbine vs Bullseye, Bullseye vs Bullseye or Carbine vs Carbine), I swear they've gimped the weapons I hold because the bullets must be weaker even when i aim at their heads it's like 70/30 not in my favour, and damn those shotgun bastards. >_<

Do I just generally suck with the machine guns, because when we went the Auger only match I killed BobtheFork twice in one round.... I'd probably never be able to say that ever again and it was most probably because of the slower rate of fire.

Oh and give the heads up when your going to use those purchasable maps, for GAF nights, i haven't purchased them yet, because i fear the PSN stores incredibly low pricing on everything will make me spend a crapton unintentionally.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Steroyd said:
Okay I would like to say SCREW YOU GAF. >_<

I got banned for a freaking month, A FREAKING MONTH okay the first few days were okay, i was cool but then the urge to get a PS3 was rising... rising and then I got one, no Gaf no post make Steroyd go crazy.

Okay so i get the predictable launch titles, Motorstorm and Resistance, Motorstorm is a awesome game didn't like the triggers at first got used to them, then after a while the controller started to hurt my hand after long periods of use, i was pissed off at using the triggers until a few days ago when i learned you can change the configuration so that accel is X.

Anyway this thread isn't the I've got a PS3 thread so to the point.

I am shocked and amazed Resistance is a LAUNCH TITLE WTF!?! The first few levels weren't something to shout home about, I was starting to believe the criticisms the game was receiving until I got to the Manchester level and realised how much of a sinner I was for letting such thoughts creep in and because i haven't played a FPS in ages I kept getting WTFPWNED at the Church (and those bastards with the augers afterwards didn't help me past that bit either), the game has variety I like that, it's neither a definitive fast pace FPS or a Scary slow one, it mixes them up nicely.

Right now I'm up to the level that's very Doom-esque in the darkness using a torch thingy haven't even tried that level yet cause I've been playing online which is friggen awesome, been tagging along with the clan for the last couple of weeks, not very European Friendly, i has to get up 3AM just to play with you guys.... but it's worth it. :D

Oh yeah how the fuck does everyone kill me faster when I'm one on one with someone (i.e Carbine vs Bullseye, Bullseye vs Bullseye or Carbine vs Carbine), I swear they've gimped the weapons I hold because the bullets must be weaker even when i aim at their heads it's like 70/30 not in my favour, and damn those shotgun bastards. >_<

Do I just generally suck with the machine guns, because when we went the Auger only match I killed BobtheFork twice in one round.... I'd probably never be able to say that ever again and it was most probably because of the slower rate of fire.

Oh and give the heads up when your going to use those purchasable maps, for GAF nights, i haven't purchased them yet, because i fear the PSN stores incredibly low pricing on everything will make me spend a crapton unintentionally.

Breathe!

Top Bottom