• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I am a little disappointed that you guys didnt hit 10k before the finals :p.

I am in a cab on my way to JFK. The 3v3 finals were intense, couldnt stick for 1v1 duel to delays and our flight leaving.

Fun weekend though, the show is on Gameplay HD on Thursday night.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
ChryZ said:
Good games, guys. Personal highlights: making first place for once and the sight of Beatbox jumping over the handrail on Lexington into suicidal death after swooping my laark :lol

:lol I spawned right next to it and saw you guys backing off from the control room. I ran in there and Laarked one guy only to realize there was another one in there. As I was about to Laark him I noticed the air fuel smoke filling up behind me. Like an action movie, I started to run away from certain death jumping away at the last second....only I made a right out of the doorway and noticed that the fall was taking way too long. Oh wells. At least someone witnessed my awesomeness. And after I mentioned my stupid suicide I hear Chryz say "yeah with MY Laark" :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
dralla said:
Resistance: Fall of Man OR How I Stopped Worrying and Learned To Love an FPS
http://kotaku.com/gaming/personal-s...orrying-and-learned-to-love-an-fps-288530.php

One of the things that really stands out about Resistance is simply how AMAZINGLY SMOOTH the game controls. Like butter.
Indifferent2.gif

careksims

I wanted to stay and wait til the TDM ended but my water heater started leaking and I had to attend to that ;[. My connection is fine (I forgot to turn off my torrents) and so I will be playing tonight without warping like the Enterprise :D

Beatbox

careksims said:
I wanted to stay and wait til the TDM ended but my water heater started leaking and I had to attend to that ;[. My connection is fine (I forgot to turn off my torrents) and so I will be playing tonight without warping like the Enterprise :D

Yikes, that stinks. I didn't know you were coming back after you were lagging - that's why we hopped into a game and just missed you.

Kittonwy

Banned
Beatbox said:
:lol I spawned right next to it and saw you guys backing off from the control room. I ran in there and Laarked one guy only to realize there was another one in there. As I was about to Laark him I noticed the air fuel smoke filling up behind me. Like an action movie, I started to run away from certain death jumping away at the last second....only I made a right out of the doorway and noticed that the fall was taking way too long. Oh wells. At least someone witnessed my awesomeness. And after I mentioned my stupid suicide I hear Chryz say "yeah with MY Laark" :lol

Ya bunch of laark whores!!!
angry.gif

I'm not a big fan of teh laark in TDM, everytime I go to laark someone, some dude HAS to get in the way of my shot. That's like my pet peeve, along with dudes who keep standing in the doorway, I wuz like gtfo of the way so I can go through!!! I was more of an angry drunk last night though.
angry.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
One of the things that really stands out about Resistance is simply how AMAZINGLY SMOOTH the game controls. Like butter.
Indifferent2.gif

U dont know how much I appreciate that. And it's not just the controls but the frame rate :p

So are u guys gonna play tonight at 6PST? Thinking about joining the party today, but since it's gonna be like 4am here, I'd kinda like to be sure I'll catch u :p

Big-E

Kittonwy said:
Ya bunch of laark whores!!!
angry.gif

I'm not a big fan of teh laark in TDM, everytime I go to laark someone, some dude HAS to get in the way of my shot.
angry.gif

That happens to me a lot too. Now I don't even use the LAARK in TDM's. I will pick them up at the spawns but not use them just so the enemy or Click will not be able have them.

Aeon712 said:
I was falling asleep while we were playing last night so I signed off early and then could'nt go to sleep and ended up staying up to 3am watching Weeds :lol.

On Blu-ray? How is it? I have it in my netflix queue. Thinking about bumping it up.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
That happens to me a lot too. Now I don't even use the LAARK in TDM's. I will pick them up at the spawns but not use them just so the enemy or Click will not be able have them.

That's teh best part, along with teh bitching (aka "damn you bitch for grabbing my laark!!!") afterwards.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Big-E said:
I'm the same with the shotty, I ran around with the sniper rifle last night as my primary weapon while looking for carbine/bullseye ammo cause I didn't wanna use the shotgun.

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
On Blu-ray? How is it? I have it in my netflix queue. Thinking about bumping it up.
Sadly not, but the show is still awesome. I'm up to ep 9 of season 1 with season 2 almost done. I should really get netflix.

Beatbox

Aeon712 said:
I'm the same with the shotty, I ran around with the sniper rifle last night as my primary weapon while looking for carbine/bullseye ammo cause I didn't wanna use the shotgun.

Well the best revenge for getting shottied over and over and bitching about it over and over is to actually USE the shotty and kill those fuckers with it. :D

womfalcs3

Banned
I was on from 9 to 10 PM last night and not many showed. The 3 others that were on were either playing in their own match or in the lobby. When did y'all start?

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
Well the best revenge for getting shottied over and over and bitching about it over and over is to actually USE the shotty and kill those fuckers with it. :D
I use it too much already, darn weapon is 2.7% of my kills :D.

Beatbox

womfalcs3 said:
I was on from 9 to 10 PM last night and not many showed. The 3 others that were on were either playing in their own match or in the lobby. When did y'all start?

To be honest, the start time is usally right around 10. We'll try to make it on around 9:30 tonight.

Wollan

Resistance really is smooth. I'm not sure if it was just the Halo 3 Beta but it is something about how that game updates it's frames compared to Resistance. Both games are supposed to be 30 fps locked but there was a noticeable difference that I can't quite put my finger on, it might be something with the scaler in the X360 but what I saw is that Resistance actually runs smoother. Anyone else here that tried the Halo 3 beta and noticed the same?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
Resistance really is smooth. I'm not sure if it was just the Halo 3 Beta but it is something about how that game updates it's frames compared to Resistance. Both games are supposed to be 30 fps locked but there was a noticeable difference that I can't quite put my finger on, it might be something with the scaler in the X360 but what I saw is that Resistance actually runs smoother. Anyone else here that tried the Halo 3 beta?

Maybe it was just the speed? I mean, since Resistance is much faster paced than Halo 3, maybe the smoothness shows up more there.

Wollan

You have vehicles in Halo 3 with good speed so I don't think that's the case. It might be a Component vs HDMI issue maybe (though this was definitely a fps issue). It was as if Resistance was running at 35-40 and Halo 3 running at 30fps. Maybe the Beta skipped a frame here and there randomly.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
You have vehicles in Halo 3 with good speed so I don't think that's the case. It might be a Component vs HDMI issue maybe (though this was definitely a fps issue). It was as if Resistance was running at 35-40 and Halo 3 running at 30fps. Maybe the Beta skipped a frame here and there randomly.

Hmm dunno. Looked pretty similar to Resistance frame rate wise. As I said, only difference I noticed was the speed of everything (I'm talking on foot. Running, turning around, looking up/down...). Or maybe was how differently the crosshairs accelleration works in the two games.

Wollan said:
Resistance really is smooth. I'm not sure if it was just the Halo 3 Beta but it is something about how that game updates it's frames compared to Resistance. Both games are supposed to be 30 fps locked but there was a noticeable difference that I can't quite put my finger on, it might be something with the scaler in the X360 but what I saw is that Resistance actually runs smoother. Anyone else here that tried the Halo 3 beta and noticed the same?

TTP said:
Maybe it was just the speed? I mean, since Resistance is much faster paced than Halo 3, maybe the smoothness shows up more there.

Yeah, I played the Halo 3 demo for a while. There is something to what you are saying, Wollan, but I'd tend to go with TTP's explanation of why Resistance seems so much smoother. I'm pretty sure the frame rate of Halo 3 was fine.

Another thing that struck me about going from playing a lot of Resistance and then playing Halo 3, in a addition to the slower pace, was how barren some of the Halo maps seemed, especially Snowbound, so that might have something to do with it too. (Compare Snowbound to Westmoreland...it's a stunning difference in complexity.) When you see all that architecture moving around, it all really showcases how smooth Resistance is.

Big-E

dralla said:
I was playing yesterday and there was this guy lagging around but he was still able to shoot perfectly accurate. than he did that thing where he falls over and dies, but he's not really dead...is that someone trying to cheat or just lag

Its probably both.

Beatbox

Big-E said:
Its probably both.

Maybe, but as Careksims demostrated last night it can happen when you are using up most of your bandwidth with torrents. Happened to me once (forgot to close out of my torrents as well) and everything looks smooth on your end but your kills on other people show up a few seconds late. I imagine about half the people do it on purpose and half are just downloading stuff.

Big-E

Beatbox said:
Maybe, but as Careksims demostrated last night it can happen when you are using up most of your bandwidth with torrents. Happened to me once (forgot to close out of my torrents as well) and everything looks smooth on your end but your kills on other people show up a few seconds late. I imagine about half the people do it on purpose and half are just downloading stuff.

Ya it happens to me too. Like last night I had about 5 torrents and 4 devices on my network and was noticing some weapon pick up lag which is usually the first sign of lag. I then turned them off. If in his situation the guy was lagging the whole game usually its because hes cheating.

womfalcs3

Banned
My DSL connection has been sketchy lately so I got disconnected after the match. I was going to leave anyway so I didn't bother signing back on. Just wanted to say I didn't abandon y'all for no reason.

ChryZ

Fun games tonight.

Those CTF games went almost too smooth though ... they were almost boring :D

Beatbox said:
One of those priceless moments :lol

Beatbox said:
Spot on, if they want cheap then they'll get cheap!

Steroyd

Don't get me started with the shotty at first I took it up the butt like a good sport, but now I knw how to use the bastard... RAPE TIME!!11!!1!one!!!1!!

Beatbox

dralla said:
just had a 20 game win steak broken. stupid fucking shotgun. i was getting sniped with it

Good games tonight. Which one broke our streak? The small Grimsby one? By the way, that guy with the 4.5/1 k/d from that game has 530 games played and 350 incompletes. What a bitch.

dralla

i don't even remember, i think it was a Somerset match. so sick of that map. just once I'd like to see Bus Yard come up

are you click or effort

Beatbox

dralla said:
i don't even remember, i think it was a Somerset match. so sick of that map. just once I'd like to see Bus Yard come up

are you click or effort

Oh okay, we split rounds that game right?
Anyways Beatbox = eFertLIS

dralla

methane47 said:
Couldn't sleep any more... i had a nightmare :( :( :(

about shotgun whores?

i think we split the 8p Grimsby but lost both on Somerset. we played so many games i can't remember all the details. I think I may start capturing some games

tanod

when is my burrito
I loved that assault match (2nd to last game for me) where somebody said "OK, we've got 5 minutes left" in the second round and there was just a sliver of health left on their node. Then we all gathered just outside the enemy base and waited for people to grab augers and whatnot. I'm pretty sure there were at least 10 people (literally) rushing into the right tunnel.

I just wish I hadn't led the charge so I could have seen the masses flooding in. :D The GAF clan is like the UPS Next Day Air of pwnage.

Pristine_Condition said:
I'll bet $10 it's a lot of movies that rhyme with the words "rarely beagle."
or "honky tow"

Steroyd

Pristine_Condition said:
I'll bet $10 it's a lot of movies that rhyme with the words "rarely beagle."

or "bjorn"

I loved that assault match (2nd to last game for me) where somebody said "OK, we've got 5 minutes left" in the second round and there was just a sliver of health left on their node. Then we all gathered just outside the enemy base and waited for people to grab augers and whatnot. I'm pretty sure there were at least 10 people (literally) rushing into the right tunnel.

awe yeah I heard someone say that, wish I was there but i was too busy picking off anyone that spawned at the dead nodes.

Top Bottom