• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Andvary

Wollan said:
Res10K.jpg
:lol Great pic!

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Guys, from everyone at Insomniac, we just want to thank you all for all of your support of Resistance. This is by far one of the best groups of players in the game... and that is something said throughout Insomniac time-and-time again. We totally appreciate your passion for our game.

Thanks again, and here's to 10,000!

THIS WUZ FIXED!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Wollan said:
Res10K.jpg

And obviously a big thanks to Insomniac for everything!

Nice one, Wollan... I see super-sexy HijoDelLocoRoco (Me, standing, far Right Side of the pic framed by the blue and orange balloons) in that pic, too!

Too bad teh sniper scope is obscuring my handlebar mustache! :lol :lol :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
The memories of this game on GAF in cat pictures:

In memory of all the great Kittonwy posts:
cat-rawr.gif

Actual RL picture of Kittonwy:
cat-getting-a-beer.jpg

In memory of all the trolls that have met their end in this thread:
cat-perma-banned.gif

The map pack and server delays:
cat-what-the-f-is-this.jpg

You guys at Insomniac deserve the best. You have made one damn fine amazing game and I can not WAIT to play more and see what is coming. Thank you so much.

I bought this game on a whim when I picked up my PS3 and I am SOOOOOO glad I did even though I didn't like shooters very much. Insomniac single handedly made my PS3 worth buying for the $600 I paid and they have provided gamers with the best console online MP experience there has ever been.

Every time I boot up the game, I am instantly reminded why I love it so much.

Smiles ear to ear. Thanks also to JS for all of his hard work on the community website and the podcast too and for putting up with us on some days..

Wollan

Also, Kaching is rarely in the light but that guy needs applauce! He's doing a lot of clan member work in the background and has been doing so since last November. Good work!

Kittonwy have been keeping the community together for many months now so huge kudos to the kitten and Beatbox for managing the party groups.

And last but not least JStevenson who has kept us up to date on whatever happenings over at Insomniac and more. Good times.

tanod

when is my burrito
Mr. Ted Price, if you're lurking, we'd like to see you show your face around here every once in a while.

Thanks to kittonwy, kaching, efertlis, click and wollan for helping to build the clan into what it is today. I really appreciate it.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
Mr. Ted Price, if you're lurking, we'd like to see you show your face around here every once in a while.

Thanks to kittonwy, kaching, erefertlis, click, M3, Sutdawg, AEON and wollan for helping to build the clan into what it is today. I really appreciate it.

There.
Indifferent2.gif

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Seriously, to those of you who played with us back at the beginning in December, mad props. Some of you guys are just incredible.

And Kitty, the first community member/poster I think of every single day on my drive into work when I cross Kittridge street on my way to the office. :lol

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Originally Posted by tanod:
Thanks to kittonwy, kaching, erefertlis, click, M3, Sutdawg, AEON and wollan for helping to build the clan into what it is today. I really appreciate it.

There.
Indifferent2.gif

Someone remembered me! WAAAAAHH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! GROUP HUG!!!

10,000 posts - wow. That's some serious posting. I can't believe I have so many in this one thread. It's like it's own mini-messge board.

insomniac, keep up the good work, and I must say I'm really looking forward to Resistance 2. I'm also not a FPS guy, so it's surprising that I like Resistancec so much.

Just one minor issue: get some contests going up here in Canada, for crap's sake! I'd probably get destroyed, but I would enter just for the hell of it!

the_id

INSOMNIAC we LOVE YOU!!!!
stupid question to jstevenson: are you guys really insomniacs? seriously, pushing AAA games every year. you guys must have sacrificed a lot and probably sleep is one of them.

theBishop

Banned
In commemoration of the 10,000th post, i'd just like to say one thing for old time's sake:

Resistance > Gears of War

:lol

Congrats to Jstevenson and Insomniac for a great game that's still going strong.

M3Freak said:
Someone remembered me! WAAAAAHH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! GROUP HUG!!!

10,000 posts - wow. That's some serious posting. I can't believe I have so many in this one thread. It's like it's own mini-messge board.

insomniac, keep up the good work, and I must say I'm really looking forward to Resistance 2. I'm also not a FPS guy, so it's surprising that I like Resistancec so much.

Just one minor issue: get some contests going up here in Canada, for crap's sake! I'd probably get destroyed, but I would enter just for the hell of it!

I was going to give you a special shout-out, but he beat me to it, M3...after all, you took the first clan team photo, remember?

I'd give a special shout-out to everyone I roasted in this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6809388&postcount=58

...plus any one of the regulars I missed in there. You've all made it a great clan to be a part of.

theBishop

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
I was going to give you a special shout-out, but he beat me to it, M3...after all, you took the first clan team photo, remember?

I'd give a special shout-out to everyone I roasted in this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6809388&postcount=58

...plus any one of the regulars I missed in there. You've all made it a great clan to be a part of.

So many Resistance players from Philly... (me too)...

We should do a podcast.

Steroyd

Okay I've figured it's NAT 3 because of the uPnP is not available but it's Enabled on both my router and PS3....what?

I tried a bit of Resistance online and I still get error.

rc213

Steroyd said:
Okay I've figured it's NAT 3 because of the uPnP is not available but it's Enabled on both my router and PS3....what?

I tried a bit of Resistance online and I still get error.

Is your PS3 on a static ip? Have you tried forwarding the ports listed on the PS3 online manual? UPnP not working or Disabled should not kick the PS3 into NAT3 mode.

FightyF

Banned
rc213 said:
Is your PS3 on a static ip? Have you tried forwarding the ports listed on the PS3 online manual? UPnP not working or Disabled should not kick the PS3 into NAT3 mode.

My PS3 is on a static IP, that is a DMZ, and my router has PnP disabled, and I put it disabled on my PS3, and I get a NAT3...but I have no extraordinary issues with Resistance online.

rc213

FightyF said:
My PS3 is on a static IP, that is a DMZ, and my router has PnP disabled, and I put it disabled on my PS3, and I get a NAT3...but I have no extraordinary issues with Resistance online.

I have mine on a static ip with the port forwarded and UPnP off and I get NAT2

FightyF

Banned
rc213 said:
I have mine on a static ip with the port forwarded and UPnP off and I get NAT2

I wonder if the ISP has anything to do with it? I had to call my ISP in another town I work in to get Live working, yet I had no trouble with it at the place I live. I don't think it was a NAT issue, but you never know with these ISPs. Shady ISPs....

ChryZ

jstevenson said:
Guys, from everyone at Insomniac, we just want to thank you all for all of your support of Resistance. This is by far one of the best groups of players in the game... and that is something said throughout Insomniac time-and-time again. We totally appreciate your passion for our game.

Thanks again, and here's to 10,000!
You're welcome.

Thanks to Insomniac and GAF, you guys pulled off the impossible and roped me back into playing first person shooters!

Steroyd

Whatever the issue is I'm getting more network errors in the past few days than I've had since I first got my PS3.

And it's GAF night tonight.

Kittonwy could you change your update post to include GMT timezone for the few of us up at that time.

ChryZ

Finally read the last two pages!

Please let's take the photo at a fixed date. The idea to do it in a custom game with two parties is awesome!

Regarding the EU/Asia clan nights/extension: I'm from the EU, playing the current clan nights (mostly caturdays) since Feb'07 and there are good reasons for that:

-Kittonwy's call to arms

-eFertLIS's party management (I did the job 2-3 times, so I can really appreciate it)

-tanod for being the brainbug/chief strategists

-our kickass infantrymen (shout-out to Kittonwy, eFertLIS(Beatbox), Aeon712, TheJer, HijoDelLocoRoco(Pristine_Condition), Sutdawg, BigE, BobTheFork, Click, patsu, Tonx, careksims, m3freak, lunlunqq).

-very good chemistry (lobby, drinking, joking, props, squad chatter, etc etc)

I'd prefer to stay up late or get up early for this, then to play the lite version of it!

Needless to say, if any gaffers spot me on Resistance feel free to party up. I'm always down for a game or two ... and some of the best games were not even on clan nights ;)

Aeon712

Gosh Darn Sleep, I missed like over 100 posts including the 10,000th post. Can't believe it went to some noob. I still remember when I first got this game in January and was accepted with open arms dispite my crappy k/d and not knowing how to play the objective games. And YaY I even got some shout outs this page :D.

Raist

Banned
ChryZ said:
Regarding the EU/Asia clan nights/extension: I'm from the EU, playing the current clan nights (mostly caturdays) since Feb'07 and there are good reasons for that:

Well yeah, I don't say actual clan meetings should be replaced, but, couldn't we also try to have some games a bit earlier during week ends ?

I usually manage to play with you, Aeon or Acid because you guys jump in for a game or two when it's late noon in europe, but most of the other gaffers don't. Now I understand people can't during the week
bring your PS3 at work kthxbai
, but I just wondered if people could sometimes play a few games "early" on saturdays and sundays, that's mostly why I asked, just trying to promote some early meetings :D

Arsenic

Lets celebrate with a video from gamestop ill be posting later on today, it displays some of the excitement towards the end of the semi-finals match.

and to Tanod, yeah i sounded like a jerk with that last post I wrote but really that wasnt my intention. I was answering a question asked earlier

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Kudos to 10K. Unbelievable lasting power, this game has. I had no idea when I impulsively decided to take the reins of the GAF clan last year that I'd still be sending out 5-10 invites per week, 9 months later. jstevenson, I need better clan tools, like 5 months ago! This clan needs to go to 300!

I've been thinking the clan needs a name/tag change, to celebrate the fact that we're sitting at 200 members and going nowhere but up if anybody'd let us. Anybody interested in clan tag 200? Could be temporary, just for a few weeks.

And the actual clan name isn't the height of creativity either - sorry. How about voting for a new clan name?

djkimothy

Go RESISTANCE! I know I haven't been playing much.

Been catching up with sleep and spending my free time with Sigma.
Seriously, wtf is up with that shit. It's not like it's hard, it's more annoying. When I load a game I spawn in the middle of 3 ninjas. WTF!!??! o_O
I'll hop on the next game for sure to revel in the 10,000 post match!

I want me some assult games. :D

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Woo! 10,000! Seriously ever since i first played this game back in November, i knew it was something special. The fact that so many people enjoy Resistance despite the somewhat negative light due to fanboyism and press earlier in the year (sent to die, PS3 no games blah blah bullshit), makes me soooo happy.

Here's to Insomniac, and to Resistance 2, 3, and the eventual PSP spinoff! :D

tanod

when is my burrito
djkimothy said:
Go RESISTANCE! I know I haven't been playing much.

Been catching up with sleep and spending my free time with Sigma.
Seriously, wtf is up with that shit. It's not like it's hard, it's more annoying. When I load a game I spawn in the middle of 3 ninjas. WTF!!??! o_O
I'll hop on the next game for sure to revel in the 10,000 post match!

I want me some assult games. :D

I'm stuck at the same part right now. :lol

Kaching, I wish I could think of a better name but I was up way too late last night celebrating the 10,000 and my brain is fried.

On that note, I'm sorry I didn't mention Aeon, M3 and sutdawg in my thank yous. I should have but I was really tired and forgot.

M3Freak

Banned
kaching said:
jstevenson, I need better clan tools, like 5 months ago! This clan needs to go to 300!

I'm sure they've taken notes. There are tons of improvements that could be made for Resistance 2, all based on our experience with the game. kaching, if you haven't already, make a list of the things that would make your life easier and send it to jstevenson.

I used to have a list (kept in my head) when I regularly ran the clan nights. But, I haven't done that on a regular basis for so long, I can't remember them all. The only one I can recall is being able to tell from the clan members screen who is in the party - that would make figuring out who needs an invite much, much easier.

kaching said:
I've been thinking the clan needs a name/tag change, to celebrate the fact that we're sitting at 200 members and going nowhere but up if anybody'd let us. Anybody interested in clan tag 200? Could be temporary, just for a few weeks.

And the actual clan name isn't the height of creativity either - sorry. How about voting for a new clan name?

I like the name 200. But, I don't want to drop the NeoGAF Boogoola (or whatever) either. Hmmm....what about [200] NeoGAF 200, or something like that?

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Seriously, to those of you who played with us back at the beginning in December, mad props. Some of you guys are just incredible.

And Kitty, the first community member/poster I think of every single day on my drive into work when I cross Kittridge street on my way to the office. :lol

That's awesome.
gladtomeetya.gif

Top Bottom