• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

FredFish

Next time we have a custom game make it Dragon/Air Fuel...set in the Subway. Disco inferno

Forgot to ask if you made it to the observation deck on the Empire State building at night Bob. Yeah it sounds cheesy/touristy but it really is one of the most impressive vistas in the world

Kittonwy

Banned
LMAO GRENADE WARZ LMAO.
Indifferent2.gif

ChryZ

TEH-CJ said:
Did i mention resistance is the best fps out right now
There is actually a hidden game within Resistance: 40P Bomberman 3D! So it's pretty much two for the price of one! :lol

custom game: frag/air-fuel/edgehog grenades only

dralla

good games last night. strange that us east coaster's seem to stay up the latest.
sorry i left like that, my power went out

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
dralla said:
good games last night. strange that us east coaster's seem to stay up the latest.
sorry i left like that, my power went out

:lol Yeah we were wondering why you disappeared like that. Some good games tonight as usual.

Aeon712

So yea after I bailed last night I jumped back on after another go at Madden and some late night eating and played with Click and Efertlis till 5am. I'm not nocturnal like them so I'm already awake :(, ah well off to buy Zebra Cakes :lol.

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
So yea after I bailed last night I jumped back on after another go at Madden and some late night eating and played with Click and Efertlis till 5am. I'm not nocturnal like them so I'm already awake :(, ah well off to buy Zebra Cakes :lol.

You interupted their date night? Was there an awkward silence when you first entered their party?

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:

Holy smoke you guys played till 5? I left at around 2, I think. Too bad I needed to work today or I might have stayed on.
Indifferent2.gif

womfalcs3

Banned
I just got 3 7-kill medals in one two-round match. 16 snipers kills... picking them off one by one. I've never gotten 3 so quickly before. This is why I love Lexington when the team with which I play can protect one side of the ship.

patsu

BobTheFork said:
Glad to be back on clan night. I can't imagine how you got through this weekend without me.

Plan A: Kittonwy juggle flaming beer bottles in front, while we rifle butt enemies from behind.

Plan B: There is no Plan B.

That's how.

Arsenic

It was really fun playing with you guys last night, especially the Bomberman mini-game. I think i left around 3am or so....but i def wouldve stayed up til 5 if i didnt suck at this game so much.

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
Plan A: Kittonwy juggle flaming beer bottles in front, while we rifle butt enemies from behind.

Plan B: There is no Plan B.

That's how.

That's right, we don't believe in Plan B. Gimme beer or gimme beer!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Aeon712

Arsenic said:
It was really fun playing with you guys last night, especially the Bomberman mini-game. I think i left around 3am or so....but i def wouldve stayed up til 5 if i didnt suck at this game so much.
Don't worry I'll over compensate for you, darn I'm such a nice guy :D, Thanks to me Efertlis and Click have 17game winning streaks and I have a 22game winning streak meaning that when I left to play Madden they lost somewhere proving the Aeon Effect true once again.

Nah dude sucking doesn't matter, just play and have fun

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
the Aeon Effect

Is this any thing like the "Axe Effect" except it attracts hairy and morbidly obese women with saggy tits the size of your ginormous ego.

No thanks! :p

justjohn

god i suck at videogames. i just got this game and i'm stuck at the manchester cathedral. i just cant get rid of those crawlies, and even when i rid of them the more powerful chimera burst through and by then my health is too low and its over. i must have tried about 20 times already.
sigh and i was really getting into it as well

Arsenic

Aeon712 said:
Don't worry I'll over compensate for you, darn I'm such a nice guy :D, Thanks to me Efertlis and Click have 17game winning streaks and I have a 22game winning streak meaning that when I left to play Madden they lost somewhere proving the Aeon Effect true once again.

Nah dude sucking doesn't matter, just play and have fun
i hope they have a smart response to that :lol
ya i always play to have fun, dont worry my post was pretty much a joke post. and man you are one cocky bastard, and i love it.:lol
dont hurt me

tanod

when is my burrito
justjohn said:
god i suck at videogames. i just got this game and i'm stuck at the manchester cathedral. i just cant get rid of those crawlies, and even when i rid of them the more powerful chimera burst through and by then my health is too low and its over. i must have tried about 20 times already.

That part is pretty tough. That was the first place I got stuck, try this if you need help:

Weapon - Strategy

Step 1:
Bullseye is best but Carbine works too
-
Do not stray too far from the cathedral entrance and use your weapon from long range taking out as many as you can. Wait until they get on to the floor to shoot them. When they start grouping up around you, use the

Step 2:
Shotgun
-
, retreat to the entrance area and switch to this weapon. Keep them in front of you and don't let them flank you. It shouldn't be too hard as the entrance is very effective as a chokepoint.

Go back to step 1 when the next wave comes until all Crawlers are defeated.

When the Steelheads (auger-guys) break out, use the
Carbine
-
Wait until they clear the smoke and keep a pretty good distance from them so you can avoid their shots. One shot from the alternate fire of the carbine (the 40) will stun them and take a good chunk of their health away and about 4 more bullets will kill them. If you don't have any 40s, use frag grenades and carbine bullets liberally instead and don't wait for the smoke to clear.

Look around for health in between the crawlers and the steel heads but if you do the crawler part right, you shouldn't need more than 1 health pack.

jjasper

justjohn said:

Just go straight back to the entrance foyer. It will act as a funnel for the crawlers and you can take them out much easier there with either the shotgun or the carbine.

djkimothy

jjasper said:
Just go straight back to the entrance foyer. It will act as a funnel for the crawlers and you can take them out much easier there with either the shotgun or the carbine.

It took me forever and a post on this thread to figure that out. I'm such a retard. :/

I was jumping up and down like an idiot and running backwards into walls just trying to do crowd control on them.

jjasper

djkimothy said:
It took me forever and a post on this thread to figure that out. I'm such a retard. :/

I was jumping up and down like an idiot and running backwards into walls just trying to do crowd control on them.

It took me a couple of tries. It started out as me running between the pews trying to funnel them that way and trying to keep my squad alive. That didn't work out so I tried the back and gave up on the teammates it was so much easier.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
justjohn said:

It's a tough moment, but as others have said, use the foyer directly behind you when you start as a choke point. The bullseye is better as well since it spreads out more.

And keep trying. You will eventually get through.

NekoFever

justjohn said:
That part did my head in, especially because the game is such a bitch about checkpoints. The best way to do it is to run in clockwise circles along the outside of the room so that the pews herd them behind you. Then after you pass a chokepoint between a pew and the wall turn around and run backwards while firing your M5A2 into the crowd. It should only take a few laps to clear them out with very little damage to you, making it a simple (ahem) matter of taking on the Steelheads. A couple of grenades as they come through are your friends there.

Steroyd

justjohn said:

I sucked at that to.

Stay just behind the entrance of the church get your shotty out and spray those bastards, when you need to reload go backwards should buy some time and try to keep the guy to the left of you alive to deflect their attention away from you, you should be able to do that bit with minimum health lost, you need to throw a grenade just as the auger guys come out to at least kill one of them, good luck trying to take the second one out and dodge the auger shots.

methane47

Close range strategy: Crawlers aren't that big of a deal... you can do what the others said and just back into the entrance or you can run around making sure to keep moving....

When the steelheads pop out just throw a hedgehog and if you're in luck the hedgehog will kill them out right... And then... if they're still alive and If you have the shotty.. you can shotgun them to stun then melee them to kill em or vice-versa ... If you're quick enough you can do it pretty quickly...

ChryZ

djkimothy said:
You guys are insane at 5 AM. I was tired at 12. :/
Ahem

I hopped on around midnight CET and left 6:30AM. 6-7 hours of Resistance. My k/d ratio went from 1.235 to 1.245 in that session :lol

roxya

justjohn said:

Yeah, took me a few tries :) I ended up doing what the others just said, stand by the entrance with the carbine and pick most of 'em off before they get to you.

The guys who come in afterwards were alright once you knew they were coming. Just lob a grenade in there before they're through and you're almost done.

Steroyd

Holy crap at the fast insta-tips for justjohn. :lol

I do like, one level a day don't know why but I feel drained after each level.

tanod

when is my burrito
ChryZ said:
Ahem

I hopped on around midnight CET and left 6:30AM. 6-7 hours of Resistance. My k/d ratio went from 1.235 to 1.245 in that session :lol

6 hours is more than I play in a week. :\

You guys should spoiler your shit. There's been a lot of new people on the game recently and I wouldn't want to ruin parts of the game for them.

justjohn said:

Use the choke-point strategy. It works like a charm.

You are just getting started. There is sooooo much cool stuff still ahead of you in this game. Don't give up yet! :lol

IIRC, after this, your next section of significant difficulty is going to teach you a lot about jumping, ducking and switching/using all the weapons you've encountered thus far. You'll feel like a killing machine after blowing through that section. :D

Good luck!

patsu

NekoFever said:
That part did my head in, especially because the game is such a bitch about checkpoints. The best way to do it is to run in clockwise circles along the outside of the room so that the pews herd them behind you. Then after you pass a chokepoint between a pew and the wall turn around and run backwards while firing your M5A2 into the crowd. It should only take a few laps to clear them out with very little damage to you, making it a simple (ahem) matter of taking on the Steelheads. A couple of grenades as they come through are your friends there.

I did this and succeeded after about 20 tries (on Hard). The Steelheads costed me about 5 tries because my health was so low after taking out the mob.

Then I came onto this forum and saw the simple choke point suggestion. (argh !)

ChryZ

tanod said:
6 hours is more than I play in a week. :\
Usually that's true for me too, but yesterday mr dentist fucked up my jaw by doing work on the root of a tooth. Playing helped ... nice distraction.

methane47

Pristine_Condition said:
IIRC, after this, your next section of significant difficulty is going to teach you a lot about jumping, ducking and switching/using all the weapons you've encountered thus far. You'll feel like a killing machine after blowing through that section. :D

Good luck!

Difficulty goes up like crazy... I recently passed the level where you're in the Hangar
good grief that was crazy ... that big huge guy shooting the homing bombs at you plus 10 hybrids all over the place shooting... it took me a while to pass that section... Then after that when you go inside and you see the guys with the arc chargers for the first time... man... WAY too many steelheads and the hybrids seem to have gotten stronger and God dawg do the arc chargers take off tonnes of health... and the fricking tall chimera who run fast... urgh ... what a pain... Difficulty has DEFINITELY raised...

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Aeon712 said:
Thanks to me Efertlis and Click have 17game winning streaks and I have a 22game winning streak meaning that when I left to play Madden they lost somewhere proving the Aeon Effect true once again.

You have 2 wins for every loss.
I have 2.4 wins for every loss.

You have a 1.31 k/d.
I have a 1.69 k/d.

You like trannies.
I don't.

eFertLIS > Aeon confirmed.

I could go on and on with that list but what fun is that? Way too easy.

Kittonwy

Banned
patsu said:
I did this and succeeded after about 20 tries (on Hard). The Steelheads costed me about 5 tries because my health was so low after taking out the mob.

Then I came onto this forum and saw the simple choke point suggestion. (argh !)

I usually save up the bullseye and just tag and frag. I usually go for the quickest way to eliminate the biggest thread, like if you're being rushed by a bunch of blue bullseye-wielding advanced hybrids, it's probably better to just take them out with a Laark or use a grenade instead of trying to play it cute. I find when I'm under heavy fire, I would just use the fareye to take out a few of them to get the odds in my favor.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

Beatbox said:
You have 2 wins for every loss.
I have 2.4 wins for every loss.

You have a 1.31 k/d.
I have a 1.69 k/d.

You like trannies.
I don't.

eFertLIS > Aeon confirmed.

I could go on and on with that list but what fun is that? Way too easy.
:lol You Maddddddddd

patsu

Kittonwy said:
I usually save up the bullseye and just tag and frag. I usually go for the quickest way to eliminate the biggest thread, like if you're being rushed by a bunch of blue bullseye-wielding advanced hybrids, it's probably better to just take them out with a Laark or use a grenade instead of trying to play it cute. I find when I'm under heavy fire, I would just use the fareye to take out a few of them to get the odds in my favor.
Indifferent2.gif

I usually reserve the big guns (LAARK, Hailstorm) for the big guys (Stalker, Widow Maker, Giant Chimera). In the Cathedral, I used up all except 1 of my grenades on the miserable rodents. I saved one for the Steelheads.

I think in the next difficulty, I will probably do as you said. Take out the main threat pronto.

sd3127

Any tips for the beginner player? I just got the game today, and I've been crushed again and again. My teammates were shouting at me. (Online)

methane47

sd3127 said:
Any tips for the beginner player? I just got the game today, and I've been crushed again and again. My teammates were shouting at me. (Online)

Pro Tip 1: Play ranked matches.. that way you can avoid gay 1 hit kill custom matches

Pro Tip 2: Play a couple stages of single player before you jump online.

Pro Tip 3: Try to get on with some fellow Gaffers

arhra

So, I've kinda been staying out of the thread to avoid possible spoilers until i finished the campaign, and i really don't fancy digging through 200 pages... but i'm done with that now (holy shit was the last level intense), and i was wondering, any EU GAFfers playing multi? Or Americans with weird hours would do, for that matter. PSN id is arhra, if there is anyone. I promise not to bitch about the PS store. Not that i have a headset anyway...

Top Bottom