• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
I think we need to keep the GAF tag. It's what identifies us to everybody we play. We can do something more creative than boogaloo though.

So, picture Sunday?

Big-E

Switch said:
Not so much for you I guess

dave.gif

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
tanod said:
I think we need to keep the GAF tag. It's what identifies us to everybody we play. We can do something more creative than boogaloo though.

So, picture Sunday?

I'm down.

M3Freak

Banned
tanod said:

Makes sense, and makes me feel dumb now since I was thinking the same thing before I wrote my reply!!!

How about one of these:

[GAF] NeoGAF 200
[GAF] NeoGAF RAWR
[GAF] 200 GAFfers
[GAF] NeoGAF RAWr WAR
[GAF] NeoGAF: The Fall of You
[GAF] NIFB.COM
[GAF] Anybody got a mic?!
[GAF] Shotty Whores
[GAF] Aeon Sucks
[GAF] Sutdawg is a tool
[GAF] Big-E is a Big Hoser

tanod said:
So, picture Sunday?

Sounds good to me. Should I take the picture again? I don't care if I'm in it or not, but it would be nice if I was.

Also, since there's a spectator mode now, we can take pics without any onscreen info displays or the picure takers weapon in view.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
tanod said:

So, picture Sunday?

I won't be able to make it. gotta travel for work that day. I'll be on tonight though :D

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Makes sense, and makes me feel dumb now since I was thinking the same thing before I wrote my reply!!!

How about one of these:

[GAF] NeoGAF 200
[GAF] NeoGAF RAWR
[GAF] 200 GAFfers
[GAF] NeoGAF RAWr WAR
[GAF] NeoGAF: The Fall of You
[GAF] NIFB.COM
[GAF] Anybody got a mic?!
[GAF] Shotty Whores
[GAF] Aeon Sucks
[GAF] Sutdawg is a tool
[GAF] Big-E is a Big Hoser

Sounds good to me. Should I take the picture again? I don't care if I'm in it or not, but it would be nice if I was.

Also, since there's a spectator mode now, we can take pics without any onscreen info displays or the picure takers weapon in view.

I happen to like [GAF]NeoGAF Boogaloo, that's our name (plus I like when people ask wtf is a boogaloo), I don't really want that changed, especially the [GAF] tag, that's who we are. I would rather not have the clan tag being changed every few months and then something ends up being broken.
Indifferent2.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Hey, if you guys like the clan name as it is, I'm not pushing for a change. Just thought it might be worth a refresh - figured "Boogaloo" was an overused meme around here.

Although I may just take executive privilege and change the name, since I like tanod's idea with a small amendment: [GAF] Over 200 Sent to die :D

Edit: agree about the tag - should stay the same at this point.

Big-E

tanod said:

So, picture Sunday?

Damn, I am taking a roadtrip down to cali late Thursday and won't be able to play for almost two weeks. I will be on tonight though.

tanod

when is my burrito
Big-E said:
Damn, I am taking a roadtrip down to cali late Thursday and won't be able to play for almost two weeks. I will be on tonight though.

How about we try a picture every clan night this week and just use the one that has the most people or comes out the best?

10PM EST?

EDIT: On second thought: we could try tonight and Sunday, since I know some people can only play during the week but not weekends or the other way around?

We need two picture takers so M3 can get in to one of the pictures and then we can have somebody photoshop him in.

Kittonwy

Banned
487653832_de13f53846.jpg

^^ NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM GIMME TEH PINK TACOS NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

LMAO N00BZ SEZ DON'T FINISH OFF TEH BASE LMAO!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Kittonwy

Banned
kaching said:
Hey, if you guys like the clan name as it is, I'm not pushing for a change. Just thought it might be worth a refresh - figured "Boogaloo" was an overused meme around here.

Although I may just take executive privilege and change the name, since I like tanod's idea with a small amendment: [GAF] Over 200 Sent to die :D

Edit: agree about the tag - should stay the same at this point.

[GAF] Over 200 Sent to die NOMNOMNOM

Indifferent2.gif

Maverick

Thanks to kaching for sending me an invite.

I'll be joining you guys for my first clan game tonight.

I should probably run out at lunch and pick up a bluetooth headset. Any recommendations? The link from the 1st post is blocked here at work.

tanod

when is my burrito
Maverick said:
Thanks to kaching for sending me an invite.

I'll be joining you guys for my first clan game tonight.

I should probably run out at lunch and pick up a bluetooth headset. Any recommendations? The link from the 1st post is blocked here at work.

You could save some money and pick up any old PS2 USB headset too. I use a logitech one and it was $20.

djkimothy

tanod said:
You could save some money and pick up any old PS2 USB headset too. I use a logitech one and it was $20.

Yah, that's the one I use, it works great, but I can't wait for the warhawk game to come out so I can finally use a wireless one.

Maverick

I sit too far away from my PS3 for a USB headset to be an option, so I went out and copped a Motorola bluetooth for $40. Not bad, I remember when these things were $100-$150.

Aeon712

tanod said:
EDIT: On second thought: we could try tonight and Sunday, since I know some people can only play during the week but not weekends or the other way around?
But today is the greatest holiday known to man Maddenoliday, I doubt I'll be on tonight.

tanod

when is my burrito
Aeon712 said:
But today is the greatest holiday known to man Maddenoliday, I doubt I'll be on tonight.

I forgot about that. My religion does not celebrate Maddenoliday. ;)

Looks like we'll just have to do Sunday.

Core407

Banned
f@luS said:
anyone tested this with resistance?
splitfish-fragfx-20070625042852350.jpg

(dont attack me on this plz :D)

Haven't seen any impressions yet. It's damn near impossible to get one of those Frag FX accessories. If I do get one, It'll be the wireless and that's probably even harder to find.

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
Don't you bail out on us now!!! Madden or no Madden!!!111!!! And no I didn't get Madden yet.
angry.gif
I love playing with you guys too much, I'll be on Resistance tonight after/if I play Greg and two of my other friends that picked it up today online :D. That and I also got someone to work for me tomorrow so YaY.
Big-E said:
Aeon may be important but he ain't half the clan.
It's hard to explain but I'm sort of a big deal :D.

Kittonwy

Banned
7pm and I'm already done with beer no. 2, I'm gonna be SHITFACED, SHITFACED, when we play at 9:30pm EST.
Indifferent2.gif

SHITFACED. Heck I'm on No. 3 and I'm getting teh buzz now.
Indifferent2.gif

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

djkimothy

Kittonwy said:
7pm and I'm already done with beer no. 2, I'm gonna be SHITFACED, SHITFACED, when we play at 9:30pm EST.
Indifferent2.gif

SHITFACED. Heck I'm on No. 3 and I'm getting teh buzz now.
Indifferent2.gif

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Your low tolerance is funny.

I'm sure we'll see you spinning around in a corner somewhere in Manchester. Or shooting our Blue base with an Augur commenting on how easy the opponents are these days.

M3Freak

Banned
Steroyd said:
As an European that's like kicking me square in the nuts.

American football

Ya, I should have said that.

I wonder why in the hell North Americans call it "football" when it's most clearly handball??!

Anyway: RAWR!

methane47

Sorry I had to jump off so fast guys... There's lightning by me now.. and it hit near by .. caused my electricity to actually go out for a split second... but I somehow was able to stay online.. But in the interest of safety for my PS3.. i had to turn it off quick... I'll be on later.. again hopefully.

Edit: Oh and i really dont care too much about my PC... its 5 years old and has been through much worse than a little lightning.. so it can take it

Angelcurio

I cant believe i missed this whole party. Having to work until late actually sucks :(

Congrats to Insomniac Games for this awesome game, its the most fun experience i have ever had online.

Also, Neogaf Boogalo has been an awesome clan. Lots of good players, excellent team work, the best online experience i have ever had. Kudos to you guys.

ChryZ said:
-our kickass infantrymen (shout-out to Kittonwy, eFertLIS(Beatbox), Aeon712, TheJer, HijoDelLocoRoco(Pristine_Condition), Sutdawg, BigE, BobTheFork, Click, patsu, Tonx, careksims, m3freak, lunlunqq).

:(

Top Bottom