• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

M3Freak said:
Hey....what did I miss over the weekend? Did Bob lose or win? Any new PS3 news? Did Bob talk about the clan on the podcast interview with Insomniac? Will he be on tonight?

WHAT THE HELLS IS GOING ON, EH?!
Bob is under NDA till Wednesday or something like that
Podcast is this Friday
Shotty still is overpowered and sucks

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:
Hey....what did I miss over the weekend? Did Bob lose or win? Any new PS3 news? Did Bob talk about the clan on the podcast interview with Insomniac? Will he be on tonight?

WHAT THE HELLS IS GOING ON, EH?!

Just in case you didn't know, it's Monday, M3 and while you were gone - Halo 3 got delayed. The podcast is this week. I may have heard a rumor about how Bob did but I can't say anything.

Steroyd

tanod said:
Just in case you didn't know, it's Monday, M3 and while you were gone - Halo 3 got delayed. The podcast is this week. I may have heard a rumor about how Bob did but I can't say anything.

Don't you mean GTA?

Oh look I've randomly woke up at 3am in the morning all those GAF nights has now turned me into an insomiac.

lolz an insomiac playin' an insomiac game.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tanod said:
I think a new clan pic is in order. 10,000 posts should be soon.

Next Sunday, anybody? It should be a little easier with voice chat output defaulting to speakers for the scant few who don't have headsets now.

What might work best is to get a custom game with 40 people and have efert on one team and sutdawg on the other. Then they can talk on the phone and coordinate the two teams to get everybody lined up.

Then we just need to figure out where to do it.

I can probably have something nice to wear to a clan photo... :D

Steroyd

Network connection error AGAIN!
And on my one of my more productive days as well no less.

That's two nights in a row now i'll have to find what's causing it because it's happening too frequent lately for my liking, i'll use it as a excuse to bail out right now and get back to sleep.

Big-E

Steroyd said:
Network connection error AGAIN!

That's two nights in a row now i'll have to find what's causing it because it's happening too frequent lately for my liking, i'll use it as a excuse to bail out right now and get back to sleep.

Check your NAT type in your Network Settings in the XMB.

Steroyd

arias said:
Is it just me, or is everyone else ALSO waiting to nab the 10,000th post? :D

With pointless posts like these yes.

Be funny if a newbs first ever post nicks the honour. :lol

Why am I still not asleep.

Andvary

I couldn't play with you guys over the weekend, my internet connection keeps failing :(, I hope it gets fixed this week, I'd hate to miss the next clan photoshoot.

Arsenic

hey guys whats going on?

10,000th reply on the way huh.....
i think the halo beta hit over 18,000 replies within a month? or am i exaggerating?

Proc

Finally finished the campaign!

I gotta say, this is an excellent example of how an old-school shooter done right can still be addictive fun. I don't think people realize how beautiful this game is either at times, especially when it is snowing (obviously this thread does) and within "the tower". The ending and narrative in general really sucked, but was clearly a result of being short on development time. I also don't think I'm alone in wanting a sequel to this much more so than Ratchet. Don't get me wrong, I welcome both but Resitance 2 has sooo much potential, especially seeing as the devs were getting the pacing just right towards the end of the game.

A properly told story, with fleshed out characters and a decent narrative coupled with the tried and true gun play that this game delivers hand over fist on would be so kick ass. Kudos to Insomniac for making such a nice package under such little time. Even the bonus features are unheard of in most "non-collector's" packages (about to watch the behind the scenes as we speak and try out replacing the soldier's bags with clank lol).

patsu

To the European and Asian soldiers... if you guys get some clan games going... I might be able to join you too since I play late at night too.

If I play in the evening or daytime, I will usually be disrupted by dinner plans, grocery, conference calls, TV shows, yard work, fire drill, blah blah.

Steroyd

How awesome instead of going to sleep or playing Resistance I'm trying to solve this frikken NAT Type 3 Bullshit.

It's not even worth me sleeping now.

Big-E

Steroyd said:
How awesome instead of going to sleep or playing Resistance I'm trying to solve this frikken NAT Type 3 Bullshit.

It's not even worth me sleeping now.

Open the DMZ for the PS3's ip address.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Even better than one of you getting post #10000, is the fact that 7 of us will be playing Resistance while it happens. Pwnage.

Kittonwy

Banned
Beatbox said:
Even better than one of you getting post #10000, is the fact that 7 of us will be playing Resistance while it happens. Pwnage.

I was watching iron chef, you guys are still playing? Jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Arsenic said:
hey guys whats going on?

10,000th reply on the way huh.....
i think the halo beta hit over 18,000 replies within a month? or am i exaggerating?

Yeah, don't do that. Can we possibly get wollan to update the OP with the clan information and such. It might save us from having a 100 more posts that say, "I suck, can I join the clan?" :p

@proc: I agree about the potential of Resistance 2. There were some presentational issues in between levels and such that could definitely have been improved if they had more time. All I know is that I'm gonna totally nerd out when (yeah I said when, not IF :p) they announce a sequel.

How about we let JS post #10,000 and he can hook us up with some exclusive screens of awesomeness or something?

Big-E

tanod said:
Yeah, don't do that. Can we possibly get wollan to update the OP with the clan information and such. It might save us from having a 100 more posts that say, "I suck, can I join the clan?" :p

@proc: I agree about the potential of Resistance 2. There were some presentational issues in between levels and such that could definitely have been improved if they had more time. All I know is that I'm gonna totally nerd out when (yeah I said when, not IF :p) they announce a sequel.

How about we let JS post #10,000 and he can hook us up with some exclusive screens of awesomeness or something?

It is a good idea to let JS get the greatest post. I think in celebration we should all get access to the Insomniac only skins.

tanod

when is my burrito
Name - post count
Kittonwy 756
Aeon712 514
M3Freak 350
tanod 300
JB1981 287
Wollan 268
The Jer 247
jstevenson 244
Big-E 243
patsu 219

Bad_Boy 181
AltogetherAndrews 173
Pristine_Condition 165
kaching 155
Beatbox 144
sutdawg 136
SleazyC 133
TTP 128
careksims 127
lunlunqq 127

Safe Bet 117
FightyF 112
ChryZ 105
Crackerman16 98
jjasper 98
Remy 96
Greg 91
BobTheFork 85
djkimothy 84
Angelcurio 74

TONX 72
davepoobond 67
hukasmokincaterpillar 66
BuddyC 66
My Arms Your Hearse 63
theBishop 60
Doom_Bringer 60
mckmas8808 51

If you see a name on this list talking about Resistance, it would probably be wise to listen to them in clan games. These are your leaders. Post counts recorded for the archives.

We have played on over a 100 clan nights since the game was released. Almost 9 months exactly.

NeoGAF Boogalo FTMFW

tanod

when is my burrito
Big-E said:
It is a good idea to let JS get the greatest post. I think in celebration we should all get access to the Insomniac only skins.

Agreed. JS should ook us up with a sweet skin code. PLZ???

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
tanod said:
Agreed. JS should ook us up with a sweet skin code. PLZ???

You know the codes vary based on your PSN account and part of the equation is a field in the PSN database that only MyResistance.Net can read?

Makes it sort of challenging for me to distribute ;-)

Big-E

tanod said:
Name - post count
Kittonwy 756
Aeon712 514
M3Freak 350
tanod 300
JB1981 287
Wollan 268
The Jer 247
jstevenson 244
Big-E 243
patsu 219

Bad_Boy 181
AltogetherAndrews 173
Pristine_Condition 165
kaching 155
Beatbox 144
sutdawg 136
SleazyC 133
TTP 128
careksims 127
lunlunqq 127

Safe Bet 117
FightyF 112
ChryZ 105
Crackerman16 98
jjasper 98
Remy 96
Greg 91
BobTheFork 85
djkimothy 84
Angelcurio 74

TONX 72
davepoobond 67
hukasmokincaterpillar 66
BuddyC 66
My Arms Your Hearse 63
theBishop 60
Doom_Bringer 60
mckmas8808 51

If you see a name on this list talking about Resistance, it would probably be wise to listen to them in clan games. These are your leaders. Post counts recorded for the archives.

We have played on over a 100 clan nights since the game was released. Almost 9 months exactly.

NeoGAF Boogalo FTMFW

Damn I have posted a lot in this thread. And with this I will have posted as much as JS.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Guys, from everyone at Insomniac, we just want to thank you all for all of your support of Resistance. This is by far one of the best groups of players in the game... and that is something said throughout Insomniac time-and-time again. We totally appreciate your passion for our game.

Thanks again, and here's to 10,000!

Top Bottom