• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Euro Gaf should start playing throughout the day on Friday. Since that's my day off I usually get some early games in with Chryz, Tonx, Acid. This morning me and Chryz played from around 11am-1pm EST then I bailed due to hunger.
Since Aeon is winning rarely, here is a snapshot of his brief moment of glory:

5y7exit.jpg

djkimothy

Aeon712 said:
Euro Gaf should start playing throughout the day on Friday. Since that's my day off I usually get some early games in with Chryz, Tonx, Acid. This morning me and Chryz played from around 11am-1pm EST then I bailed due to hunger.

I may be out of a job soon so I might just join you guys. :D

:(

M3Freak

Banned
dralla said:
since more and more people have been interested in Resistance thanks to this thread, I took 5 of the video's I captured the other night, compressed than uploaded them for people to watch. All videos are from my perspective. I'd appreciate it if no one uploaded them to YouTube, I'd rather not get hundreds of PSN messages from people telling me they'd "pwn me in teh butt"

Hangar - Human
This was one of the last games we played and the majority of the GAF'ers already left. It's just myself, Click, and eFertlis. We finished 1,2,3, like usual :]

Rooftops - Chimera
Rooftops - Human
The Mall - Chimera
These 3 games have the majority GAFer's.

Nottingham - Human
I wanted to get some Breach shown. Unfortunately this is the game where many GAFer's were booted and ended up sucking for the rest of us. So I just took the first 2 minutes of footage since no one wants to see endless spawning in the base only to be gunned down by a group of Chimera. What I wanted to do was follow Queeg into the base since he's usually the one who damages the reactor - and that's exactly what this video is.

That's awesome man, simply awesome. I really wish Resistance or the PS3 itself had a record feature builtin - I want to record a few of our ojbective games.

Steroyd

Meltdown sucks when your team is disorganised and just wants to defend leaving me as the only attacker to get butt raped all the time, first time in a while I screamed at the TV in frustration last I did that was playing Pro Evo.

I did well for myself came second, now to translate that into the larger scale matches...

djkimothy

patsu said:
Ouch. Hope you're doing ok there.

LOL, i'm fine. I'm currently a temp filling in for someone who was on mat leave. She's coming back so my term is over. I'll see if I can get an in between job to fill in the gap until I get a real job. No worries here. Unless you don't see me logged on for a long while! o_O

tanod

when is my burrito
No 1UP Yours tonight until way late. :mad:

I suppose I'll be on later, if you're lucky.

See. I can be cocky too.

Kittonwy

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I quit my other clan. Can you sen me an invite around 10 after 10 EST?

Send one of us a buddy invite in-game when you're on, I tried sending you a buddy invite but I kept getting an error.

ChryZ

That last game in the mall ... I wish all my games would be like this. Everything came together, bulltagged people off air vents, shotty-gunned groups of people, carbined folks through glass, augered headshots through walls ... and danced through the map like fucking fairy on crack :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
That last game in the mall ... I wish all my games would be like this. Everything came together, bulltagged people off air vents, shotty-gunned groups of people, carbined folks through glass, augered headshots through walls ... and danced through the map like fucking fairy on crack :lol

You were everywhere in that game. I took out one guy in a room and turned around and you were right there. Teh mall is great.
gladtomeetya.gif

rc213

Good stuff tonight, Sorry I bailed a bit early but my eyes started burning from the awesomeness of Kittonwy. Need to get back to playing Resistance more often now that I have the game back. :p

patsu

ChryZ said:
... and danced through the map like fucking fairy on crack :lol

Now that is a rather disturbing picture... >_<

But YES ! The Mall is really fun. I once saw a couple (1 Auger and 1 shotgun) owned everyone else as they circle the entire Mall. The Auger guy fired in front, while the shotty lashed out from behind to finish people off.

Sniping and grenading in the mall is fruitful too.

methane47

Kittonwy said:
You were everywhere in that game. I took out one guy in a room and turned around and you were right there. Teh mall is great.
gladtomeetya.gif

Yeah... Gaf seems to excel in the Mall.. even I did well... I just went in that room right above their spawn.. and just through air fuel grenades at them.. and if the got close ... gave them shotties to the face...

I thought I was doing well then at the end of the match i was like OMG you guys were doing even better..

Steroyd

Did anyone get any network errors last night, I got a crapton leading upto and during Clan night, at least there should be no excuses from now on, I've fully haxorred my Skybroadband Netgear router to allow the DMZ (whereas I uninstalled the firewall previusly), my connection ordeal should be over now... should. :/

Need to test this NAT2 baby out today.

nib95

Banned
Hi guys, saw your mention on the Insomniac podcast, good going.
We're a relatively new clan (only 2-3 weeks old as the clan before it went inactive) but do some of your guys want to play clan IGN (IGN.com) any time? Not a proper match, just a friendly. Try not to bring all your best players, because most of ours aren't even that high ranked.

We mainly play for fun, and I think it'd be cool for some of the lads to play with you guys. We might even pick up a few tips and tricks. Anyway, I'm the current clan leader, hit me up with a buddy invite so we can talk further and perhaps arrange a game.

We play most days, and have quite a few members in our clan. Around 10 are really active. Though there are actually 45+ members in the clan lol.

My Resistance/PSN name is: NIBZY

methane47

nib95 said:
Hi guys, saw your mention on the Insomniac podcast, good going.
We're a relatively new clan (only 2-3 weeks old as the clan before it went inactive) but do some of your guys want to play clan IGN (IGN.com) any time? Not a proper match, just a friendly. Try not to bring all your best players, because most of ours aren't even that high ranked.

We mainly play for fun, and I think it'd be cool for some of the lads to play with you guys. We might even pick up a few tips and tricks. Anyway, I'm the current clan leader, hit me up with a buddy invite so we can talk further and perhaps arrange a game.

We play most days, and have quite a few members in our clan. Around 10 are really active. Though there are actually 45+ members in the clan lol.

My Resistance/PSN name is: NIBZY

Is she going to be playing?
avsam9ls7.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
129023459_8b2fbfd843.jpg

^^ LMAO BREACH @ NOTTINGHAM LMAO!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

¬_¬

¬_¬

¬_¬

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

MOAR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

nib95

Banned
methane47 said:
BAH..... we will only play you guys if she comes on the headset and tells us sweet nothings in our ears..

Lol she's at her parents at the moment, but it can be arranged.
Just warning you, all she's likely to say is "stop playing this game, it takes my husband away from me". Or "This game is my husbands mistress". :D

methane47

nib95 said:
Lol she's at her parents at the moment, but it can be arranged.
Just warning you, all she's likely to say is "stop playing this game, it takes my husband away from me". Or "This game is my husbands mistress". :D

ARRANGE IT :D :D

Angelcurio

I will try to join you guys tonight, even though Hurricane Dean is hitting my country right now. Lets hope we dont end up having electricity problems and the like.

BTW, i got tired of seeing my Motorola H350 being unused, so i decided to buy a socom headset yesterday to finally play Resistance the way its meant to be played.

methane47

Angelcurio said:
I will try to join you guys tonight, even though Hurricane Dean is hitting my country right now. Lets hope we dont end up having electricity problems and the like.

BTW, i got tired of seeing my Motorola H350 being unused, so i decided to buy a socom headset yesterday to finally play Resistance the way its meant to be played.

what country is that>?

Kittonwy

Banned
Aeon712 said:
:lol

I'll be on normal time tonight around 11:45-12 depending if I wanna eat before or after playing. Also this should be the new clan picture:D

5y7exit.jpg

11:45 is normal? We start at around 10PM MOAR.
angry.gif

Angelcurio said:

Shit, Angel that sucks...stay high and dry, OK? Be safe.

Man, I did the same thing. I have a great Plantronics set, but always forgot to charge it. I still use the SOCOM set, even though now I have to have it held together with gaffer's tape since I sat on it and broke the mounting point off of the doohicky that goes around your head!

careksims

Angelcurio said:

Damn sorry to hear that! Hopefully nothing bad happens! We love to have you on clan nights and welcome to the Socom headset family! :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Angelcurio said:

Stay safe rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

tha_con

Banned
Angelcurio - Stay safe.

On another note, you guy's know what would make my day? A tiny, teeny, itsy bitsy morsel of information in reference to...

Resistance 2.

Basically, it is even remotely possible to know if this game is in any stage of pre-production? I played through story mode (again) for the 5th time, and dammit, I'm stoked for a sequel.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
What do you do if you're caught in a hurricane in a canoe?

Canoes here in hoserland are naturally indestructable due to superior hoser craftsmanship, nothing to worry about, plus we don't have hurricanes in hoserland... unless you're outside of hoserland in some american-made canoe, in which case you're ****ed.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom