• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

FightyF

Banned
Hmm...I could do a clan movie in 1080i via handycam (Sony HC3)...but I don't have my tripod with me, so I'm gonna have to put it on some table and take it from a funky angle, and more importantly my bro's gonna watch Big Brother 8 on the TV so your gonna hear that... :p

Also, it takes a while to grab the HD footage and convert it and all that jazz...

It would be a lot easier if someone had the hardware, but that costs a lot. Blim's got that sort of stuff :D

If I'm home in time, I'm gonna try grabbing some stuff. It'll be short...it's gonna be like a test run. Hope you guys don't mind.

the_id

another great idea for a clan movie:

someone with a DVD recorder could record the whole thing. act as a spectator / camera.

wish i could join in the fun. work and NAT 3 keeps bugging me.

Wollan

Kittonwy said:
four-cute-kittens_149.jpg

^^ LMAO CLAN PICTURE NIGHT

:lol

Gribbix

TEH-CJ said:
Is there any news on resistance 2 ?

Nothing official, but it's pretty much a surefire thing that it's in production. The latest issue of EGM has an interview with Mark Cerny where he mentions that he's currently working on an unannounced Insomniac title. Seeing as how Resistance is far and away the most successful PS3 title, it's a pretty safe bet that Resistance 2 is what they are working on.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Gribbix said:
Nothing official, but it's pretty much a surefire thing that it's in production. The latest issue of EGM has an interview with Mark Cerny where he mentions that he's currently working on an unannounced Insomniac title. Seeing as how Resistance is far and away the most successful PS3 title, it's a pretty safe bet that Resistance 2 is what they are working on.

Ill cum more then a bukkake party if thats true

TEH-CJ

Banned
Bearillusion said:
I'm loving Resistance but I hope we don't see a sequel until late 2008 at the very earliest.

as much as i love resistance i have to agree

resistance is amazing albet nothing new..its like they were playing it safe, and there is so much potential its just ready to explode

i want resistance 2 to explode

you know what i mean...

Wollan

They took a risk with the weapons though and all of them has a place in combat crazy enough. Also, they have racial skills which most don't dare.

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm going to be on at around 10 PM EST. So I'll be there for the picture too. I would be on earlier, but I have to cut the weeds outside (Yes. I'm doing it at night).

TEH-CJ

Banned
Wollan said:
They took a risk with the weapons though and all of them has a place in combat crazy enough. Also, they have racial skills which most don't dare.

Yea i agreed

best in weapons in a fps hands down

Wollan said:
Also, they have racial skills which most don't dare.

Care to explain what you mean?

I've stopped playing single player until I get my HDTV next week. I'm up to the bit where you first get the sniper rifle for the first time. Just MP for me until then.

methane47

Bearillusion said:
Care to explain what you mean?

I've stopped playing single player until I get my HDTV next week. I'm up to the bit where you first get the sniper rifle for the first time. Just MP for me until then.

as in humans can run indefinitely but can't shoot accurately when running and also have a motion detector
and hybrids can run and shoot and see through walls but it makes them over heat when activating those powers

most games would never try these things because of balancing issues.. while Insomniac managed to pull it off perfectly.

Wollan

Chimera:

Rage ability - L2 (make sure not to over heat or else health deplets to 50%)
This enables:
- Faster walk speed
- More resistant to damage
- Deals more damage
- See through walls

It's all about keeping the heat balanced using the ability in the right spots
(Also, you must be completely cooled to be able to recharge your health)

Humans:

- Sprint mode - L2 (no stamina limit)
- Radar - Passive (movement detection only)
- Smaller targets - Passive
- Can recharge health at all times - Passive

I play team deatmatch (ranked) almost exclusively and I'm not seeing anything in the way of radar/motion detector showing up on my screen as a human. Is that right?

methane47

Bearillusion said:
I play team deatmatch (ranked) almost exclusively and I'm not seeing anything in the way of radar/motion detector showing up on my screen as a human. Is that right?

lol how long have you been playing?

Its in the upper corner of the screen..

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
hey I'm sorry I couldn't play with you guys. I really wanted to but I'm on a business trip and therefore; ps3-less.

I look forward to playing with you next Friday. :D

Steroyd

the_id said:
another great idea for a clan movie:

someone with a DVD recorder could record the whole thing. act as a spectator / camera.

wish i could join in the fun. work and NAT 3 keeps bugging me.

What Router do you use?

The humans radar isn't motion it's heat sensitive if you cool off completely as Chimera your invisible on the radar, which would be funny as hell if one person switched rage mode on in the middle of a wedge. :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
We're gonna play a death match first and then we're gonna take the picture.

We have a part of 20 and we're creating a custom game. Click and I have the cameras. We're gonna try a couple different maps for pics. Just pay attention and try not to fuck around.

Top Bottom