• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Haunted

Kittonwy said:
Canoes here in hoserland are naturally indestructable due to superior hoser craftsmanship, nothing to worry about, plus we don't have hurricanes in hoserland... unless you're outside of hoserland in some american-made canoe, in which case you're ****ed.
Indifferent2.gif
Is it wrong to enjoy this thread just because of kittonwy's posts? so awesome.

What happened to BobtheFortyFork in New York btw? Did he win? lose? where can I get the info?

Steroyd

Haunted One said:
Is it wrong to enjoy this thread just because of kittonwy's posts? so awesome.

What happened to BobtheFortyFork in New York btw? Did he win? lose? where can I get the info?

Insomiac podcast.

Kittonwy said:
Canoes here in hoserland are naturally indestructable due to superior hoser craftsmanship, nothing to worry about, plus we don't have hurricanes in hoserland... unless you're outside of hoserland in some american-made canoe, in which case you're ****ed.
Indifferent2.gif

You should capitalize teh word "Hoserland." Have a little more respect for Kanadia...geeze.

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6112.gif
kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6116.gif
kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6111.gif

66kg6cg.jpg

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6194.gif
kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6117.gif
kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6200.gif

Angelcurio

4p1othx.gif

I live in the Dominican Republic, looks like this is a Dry hurricane since no storms have ocurred so far. I actually live in the part with the blue paint, exactly parallel to were the hurricane is located right now. We only have an storm alert right now, but we already have no electricity. I am posting from my gf´s house since she has an emergency power plant. So far, just a couple of casualties.

6gwy70z.jpg

tanod

when is my burrito
Stay safe Angel.

I'm up for some IGN playing.

BTW, I'm gonna PSN message some peoples about doing that something-something tomorrow night. You know that thing we could use about 40 people for. Feel free to pass it along to others so we can get a good turnout.

I found some awesome games bargain hunting today and some "funny to me" happenings. Check out the LTTP MGS: POOPS thread I'm gonna make in a few minutes.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
My aunt's flight to Haiti was cancelled, my cousin over there said HURRICAN dean is there alread

.....is God angry at Resistance? we may never know

*ends pathetic attemp to keep on Topic*

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I'm on now if anyone wants to play, although i can't really talk on the headset right now :(

WTFing

Banned
Angelcurio, this shit is crazy and scary. I hope everything will be ok.
Just to let you know, you have the best avatar on the whole internets. :D

Angelcurio

Everything went okay in the part where i live. The hurricane already passed our contry area and its now entering Haiti. Its only raining, but we still have heavy storm alerts. Electricity is back since a couple of hours ago, so i will join you guys in Resistance in a couple of minutes, looks like not even a hurricane could stop me from playing Resistance today :D

Thanks for the messages.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can someone invite me. I tried getting Kittonwy but got on error when trying to send the friend invite.

EDIT - Or whomever is in the game, what is the name of the room?

dralla

there is no room name..ranked games only. and only party leader can invite, im not in the game ATM but beatbox is usually party leader

LiquidMetal14

dralla said:
there is no room name..ranked games only. and only party leader can invite, im not in the game ATM but beatbox is usually party leader
Searched beatbox and [GAF]beatbox and nothing.

the_id

I would really love to play with you guys but everytime i join in a game, i get disconnected and this thread isn't helping either. everytime i read it i get envious of you guys having a great time with the game.

Dreaded Nat 3 curse...:( :(

TEH-CJ

Banned
tha_con said:
Angelcurio - Stay safe.

On another note, you guy's know what would make my day? A tiny, teeny, itsy bitsy morsel of information in reference to...

Resistance 2.

Basically, it is even remotely possible to know if this game is in any stage of pre-production? I played through story mode (again) for the 5th time, and dammit, I'm stoked for a sequel.

I 2nd this

i am replaying resistance for the 8th time on superhuman and it feels fresh every single time

it is still hands down the best fps out right now imho

plz tell me somthing on resistance 2 !!!!1

Angelcurio

Kittonwy said:
129023459_8b2fbfd843.jpg

^^ LMAO BREACH @ NOTTINGHAM LMAO!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

¬_¬

¬_¬

¬_¬

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

MOAR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment
Quoted for this page :D

womfalcs3

Banned
the_id said:
I would really love to play with you guys but everytime i join in a game, i get disconnected and this thread isn't helping either. everytime i read it i get envious of you guys having a great time with the game.

Is it really a firewall problem? If so... http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=74303

I'm asking because I think type 3 should only affect you when you're using a headset. It shouldn't stop you from connecting all together. (I play with the NAT type 3 setting fine.)

Edit: Try disabling the media server feature.

the_id

womfalcs3 said:
Is it really a firewall problem? If so... http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=74303

I'm asking because I think type 3 should only affect you when you're using a headset. It shouldn't stop you from connecting all together. (I play with the NAT type 3 setting fine.)

Edit: Try disabling the media server feature.

I can play fine online with 40 people who don't yell / joke around as much as you Gaffers. when playing with these guys, going to X-ray squad and watch your fellow team mates warping like star trek.

tried everything, port forwarding, static IP address, DMZ enabled, UPnP enabled. but still the same shitty problem.

tanod

when is my burrito
the_id said:

Try looking in this thread to see if you can find a solution:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159086

If none of that works, try calling your ISP. They should be able to help and make sure you have the proper ports forwarded or other advice.

@Liquidmetal:
Log into Resistance. Most regular members PSN friends list are full. Open up the Resistance buddy list and add "efertlisdotcom" which is beatbox's PSN name and the one who leads the party normally. Once you have him on your friends list in Resistance. You should get added to the group. You can also add me as a buddy in Resistance and I can keep an eye out for you. PSN = Tanod

and BTW: I'M ON!!
Indifferent2.gif

Steroyd

WTMF is up with my connection!? >_<

DMZ, uPnP, switched off PC, Firewall out of the way and I'm still getting error messages.

Screw this if I get another error message I'm out for the night and tearing my router apart limb from limb to find the problem.

It's inexplicable my connection was working perfectly when I first got my PS3 and the only thing that's changed since is getting NAT2.

LiquidMetal14

tanod said:
Try looking in this thread to see if you can find a solution:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159086

If none of that works, try calling your ISP. They should be able to help and make sure you have the proper ports forwarded or other advice.

@Liquidmetal:
Log into Resistance. Most regular members PSN friends list are full. Open up the Resistance buddy list and add "efertlisdotcom" which is beatbox's PSN name and the one who leads the party normally. Once you have him on your friends list in Resistance. You should get added to the group. You can also add me as a buddy in Resistance and I can keep an eye out for you. PSN = Tanod

and BTW: I'M ON!!
Indifferent2.gif
Thanks for the help. It was nice being humilated by everyone else skill. The CELL is great in some of yous. Anyways you're all good company, thanks for humbling me with my muzac. Look forward to future games.

bill0527

I skipped multi-player tonight so I could plow ahead in the single player campaign. I've now got 2 levels to go and damn... what a great game. I'll try to get in the clan games tomorrow night.

mackaveli

hey guys,

sorry about my microphone problems. its the socom mic, and the wire that is connected to the ear piece is all chewed up, and i just duct taped it. Hopefully i can buy a cheap blue tooth headset at best buy or futureshop.

Also sorry about leaving the assault game, I got disconnected.

it was fun though, hopefully i see some of you guys tomorrow.

and can some of you add me to your friends list? i only have a couple of gaffers on my friends list that play resistance so i never see anyone online and don't know if people are actually playing the game.

PSN ID: Mackaveli

thanks.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Fun games guys. Sorry for dragging the team score down. :lol

HEY THAT'S MY JOB!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Moar rooftops plz rawr, right M3?
Indifferent2.gif

Oh and thanks to all the non regulars for joining up with us tonight.

FightyF

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Plus, the ones built by Red Green also got built in propellers so you can use the hurricane's wind power to power a motor on your boat.

I had hockey tonight...I coulda hopped on after 11pm MST, but I figured that would have been a bit late. I've been busy the last month since I was trying to finish a correspondence Stats course in 4 weeks. :p

Steroyd

WTF!?

I've done something to my router and my PS Store downloads which I started on Thursday suddenly went blisteringly fast.

Last night was rediculous I must have got invited like 4 times and I don't think I even finished a full two rounds. :(

How am I supposed to stop sucking If I can't even play speaking of which what little I did play I can say I got my first five kill badge. \o/

tanod

when is my burrito
10 KILL MEDAL!!!! WOOOT!!

Remember, log on at 10:30 EST for the picture. Forward that message I sent to everybody on your friends list. Be early or on time because I don't think we should have to waste game time trying more than a couple shots.

tanod said:

Remember, log on at 10:30 EST for the picture. Forward that message I sent to everybody on your friends list. Be early or on time because I don't think we should have to waste game time trying more than a couple shots.

That's 10:30 pm right?

ChryZ

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

10:30:00 p.m. Sunday August 19, 2007 in EST = 08:30:00 p.m. Sunday August 19, 2007 in PST8PDT
10:30:00 p.m. Sunday August 19, 2007 in EST = 03:30:00 a.m. Monday August 20, 2007 in GMT
10:30:00 p.m. Sunday August 19, 2007 in EST = 05:30:00 a.m. Monday August 20, 2007 in CET
10:30:00 p.m. Sunday August 19, 2007 in EST = 01:30:00 p.m. Monday August 20, 2007 in Australia/Sydney
10:30:00 p.m. Sunday August 19, 2007 in EST = 12:30:00 p.m. Monday August 20, 2007 in Japan

Angelcurio

tanod said:

I dont know if i will be able to be on that early. 11:00 p.m. would be more easier for me, but i will try.

BTW, that static sound was driving me crazy. I hope you get a new headset soon mackaveli.

jjasper

:lol I just got the fetch skill point. I don't know why I didn't think of that one sooner.

I also just noticed the videos section (yeah I know) the "stranger than fission" one made me laugh and the making of was pretty cool too.

Kittonwy

Banned
four-cute-kittens_149.jpg

^^ LMAO CLAN PICTURE NIGHT LMAO!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

MOAR GRIMSBY ASSAULT MOAR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF00.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Top Bottom