• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Angelcurio

5zfmyyh.gif

Kittonwy said:
I unloaded my 40 and then threw my grenade. I knew it was a good idea to stand in the back row, when all the grenades exploded I was stilll standing.
Indifferent2.gif

I am the one with the Laark in the front row, i survived as well :D

methane47 said:
So has anyone noticed my homing LAARK missle hitting close to the end of the vid as yet?

You will see a quick flash above a character holding a LAARK right before the screen turns grey :lol

That was my missle that was hovering right above our heads...

you can also see the red laser a little bit if you look closely.

I remember looking up and seeing that Laark missile in the top of our heads :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Steroyd said:
eek a ghost!

That's probably me. :D

I'm glad that click was able to get a lot better shots. Thanks a lot click!

It probably helped having one person being able to set up the picture (who can communicate with everybody) and the other being in spectator mode (who can't). I thought the command part of the ship with the big 37 made a cool back drop.

M3Freak

Banned
There were a few key players missing from those pics (including myself, though I'm not sure I'm a key player - I've been sucking a lot the last few days). Also, I'm sure we had decided to wait until Big-E was back from his vacation before taking the new shots.

Who the hell decided we would do them last Sunday?

Kittonwy

Banned
t_sooooo_cute_170.jpg

^^ IT'S GAME BATTLE TIME, THINK OUTSIDE TEH BOX RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

MOAR NOTTINGHAM CTF MOAR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

SleazyC

Haha... priceless pics (especially that animated one)

I read Tanod's msg a bit to late on the PSN and couldn't make it but I definately will be coming back to this game when I go back to school (we'll see how I can split time between this and Warhawk and the 100 other games coming out over the fall). Look forward to playing with you gents again.

Angelcurio

I am not playing with you guys tonight. I have been playing God of War 2 for the last 2 hours and cant stop playing it, the game is too awesome. I could even say that the game is better than any next gen game out there
Indifferent2.gif

Nightz

I didn't make it to clan night today because I was busy with the single player mode. I literally beat the game 5 minutes ago (credits are rolling as I type), and all I have to say is wow. This game was awesome, especially near the end. All the action in the last 2 levels were intense and I couldn't put the controller down even after dying quite a few times. Good job Insomniac, I look forward to the next Resistance.

ChryZ

Last night was fun, but my highlight was conversion in camborne's tunnels with click and aeon before the actual clan night.

Aeon was driving click nuts, it was hilarious. Some random quotes "why did you pick map pack mayhem, you m*therfu*ker", "I didn't knew we have to kill each other". :lol

I managed to get 10 kills in before I died and out lived those two suckers ... well, no gaf win, so I guess we were all suckers ;P

Steroyd

Nightz said:
I didn't make it to clan night today because I was busy with the single player mode. I literally beat the game 5 minutes ago (credits are rolling as I type), and all I have to say is wow. This game was awesome, especially near the end. All the action in the last 2 levels were intense and I couldn't put the controller down even after dying quite a few times. Good job Insomniac, I look forward to the next Resistance.

I've nearly completed it myslef, I'm currently on "On thin Ice" and jesus was Burning Bridges hard to do at the start, Insomiac just decided to lay the smackdown so suddenly in the last quarter of the game.

Aeon712

Kittonwy said:
Did you finish early tonight?
Indifferent2.gif
Yea, :(

ChryZ said:
Aeon was driving click nuts, it was hilarious. Some random quotes "why did you pick map pack mayhem, you m*therfu*ker", "I didn't knew we have to kill each other".
:lol, me and Click are always a riot, shame he'll be moving on to Warhawk Tuesday. I'll just spam his psn till he plays with us :D.

theBishop

Banned
Is there any word on the rumored singleplayer content?

If this game was going to get an expansion, nowish would be a great time for it.

Steroyd

I completed it twice in one day. \o/

Co-op and on my own awesome.

Just played a bit on hard glad they didn't shortcut by taking more damage + respect points for that, I keep getting WTF pwned though.

TEH-CJ

Banned
theBishop said:
Is there any word on the rumored singleplayer content?

If this game was going to get an expansion, nowish would be a great time for it.

what there was a rumour about sinlge player content !? O_O

oh and JS how is resistance 2 comming along ? ...:)

tanod

when is my burrito
Bearillusion said:
Anyone else find it kind of frustrating when you get the same map 2 or 3 games in a row?

Some times, but when we play ranked, it usually ends up being a different game type and there is a different group of opponents, so it doesn't seem as bad.

patsu

Bearillusion said:
Anyone else find it kind of frustrating when you get the same map 2 or 3 games in a row?

Depends. If I screwed up a previous game, I don't mind repeating the same map right away to get even... with a different group of people though :(

Kittonwy

Banned
600 vs. 188 in teh hangar omg it was cruel.
Indifferent2.gif

Played well for a bit but towards the end I was just tired. M3 got his game back though, thanks to teh country tune.
Indifferent2.gif

dralla

any chance we get some new maps? now that there's actually going to be some online competition I think it's time for some new maps to keep players hooked. and this time don't make the mistake of having to pay for them, hardly anyone bought them

Kittonwy

Banned
dralla said:
any chance we get some new maps? now that there's actually going to be some online competition I think it's time for some new maps to keep players hooked. and this time don't make the mistake of having to pay for them, hardly anyone bought them

Most of us who play in the clan regularly do have the new maps, we're just waiting for them to get integrated into the ranked match-making system.

dralla

they'll never be added into MM unless they're free..whic is the problem with charging for maps when you have a MM system. have you ever checked the custom games list, maybe 5 games out of the 150 have the new maps in rotation. I want a level based on the last chapter in the campain, in the giant temple thing

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
dralla said:
they'll never be added into MM unless they're free..whic is the problem with charging for maps when you have a MM system. have you ever checked the custom games list, maybe 5 games out of the 150 have the new maps in rotation. I want a level based on the last chapter in the campain, in the giant temple thing

They actually said they are going to add them to the standard MM system. I would pick them more often but we ALWAYS end up in a FFA deathmatch or FFA conversion.

Beatbox said:
They actually said they are going to add them to the standard MM system. I would pick them more often but we ALWAYS end up in a FFA deathmatch or FFA conversion.

Were they not integrated into the MM system yet? I swear whenever I play on the new maps,I always play against 3 or 4 guys from the same clan.

ChryZ

Kittonwy said:
Don't you mean LAARK
whoring
service?
Indifferent2.gif

:p
That's mean!

Quite the opposite my friend. I'm giving them away to the needy., more like anti-whoring. Aeon, Click and myself played an 8p ctf game. The enemy was indeed laark whoring, but we still whooped their asses. I protected the flag carrier on the way home (with a reclaimed laark), when we scored Aeon (defense) joked around "commit suicide, so that I can pick up your laark". I had such a good game going, I felt like sharing and did it :lol

Top Bottom