• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Big-E

I might have to come on to avenge our fellow comrade but in the spirit of the fallen I might have to go out and have multiples pints of Canadian in honor of him.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
Now Me, Chryz and Loco are wrecking things :D
My gosh, I for one wrecked very few things. I sucked so hard ... so after you guys abandoned the party, I was like "okay, one last FFA" and I ended up with this:

dscf1025.jpg

WTF is going on?!

tanod

when is my burrito
careksims said:
Again?! What have they got against the Kitt-meister!? I didn't even see anything ban-worthy in his posts!

He called somebody a fucktard. Personal insults are taken very seriously.

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
WTF is going on?!
It can only be the Aeon Effect, it doesn't just make me awesome but it makes the people I play with better :D.

:lol @ telling those guys it's an honor to be owned by me.

ChryZ

Aeon712 said:
It can only be the Aeon Effect, it doesn't just make me awesome but it makes the people I play with better :D.
Well, not while rolling with you ... your damn effect drained all my awesome (the little there is/was)!

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
4lsigxw.jpg

OH NOES!! KITTONWYSS IN TROUBLES AGAINZ???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!!!

HEY KEEDZ GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS? IT'S GAME BATTLE TIME RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

lol very funny. I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight or not. A friend of mine is coming over and I have a test next week im not ready for (why would I be :p).

Angelcurio

Sorry for not being online yesterday. Just when i was about to get opnlñine, a blackout happenned. I was so pissed off since i really wanted to play yesterday since i couldnt join in the whole past week due to being out of the city resolving some job matters. See guys in 3 hours.

tanod

when is my burrito
I rented Lair so I won't be on tonight. Just wanted to say that. I didn't want people to think I bought the game. Seriously though, it's probably the worst game I've played since DMC2. It's not quite as bad. DMC2 was much more boring than Lair but Lair is a lot more broke.

I gotta finish it though just to see what is up with the story. Music is pretty fricking awesome. EGM's review was totally spot on for this one.

I'll be on tomorrow night. Have a good time.

M3Freak

Banned
Stupid ass Internet connection got swamped because my backup server launched a backup job of a client's servers, which made me lag. I rescheduled the shit so it doesn't start until at least 2:00 a.m.

Getting disconnected twice because of lagging sucks ass. I just turned the PS3 off and thought I'd let you guys know (in case you're wondering).

I'm off to bed now. Going to wake up early to clean my new car - fun! Really, I'm going to have a blast!

Aeon712

Games I managed to play were fun, I seemed like a point guard tonight. Oh wells I'll be on tomorrow and I took off work Monday to watch the Eagles/Redskins so I won't have to bail early.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
2ujgzlj.jpg

4lsigxw.jpg

UH OHHZZZ, KITTONWY IS ON LOCKDOWN ONCE AGAIN???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

ICE CREAMZ SUNDAE!!!

HEY KEEDZ GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS? IT'S GAME BATTLE TIME RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

Kittonwy

Banned
kitty-10.jpg

^^ WAKE UP CALL!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

CHIMERA
CAME WITHOUT A WARNING
SO I HAD TO SHOOT HIM DEAD
HE WON'T COME AROUND HERE ANYMORE
COME AROUND HERE
I DON'T THINK SO!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm hoping to share the awesomeness that is GAF and Maroon 5 with a friend that is staying with me this weekend... you guys better not disappoint. :lol

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I'm going to try and lay off heavenly sword tonight and play with you guys.

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
Ouch! :lol

That's a running joke in the HS thread. :D I might have it beaten a couple of times between the time I get it out of my mailbox and when I sit on the couch.

Firewire

Banned
tanod said:
That's a running joke in the HS thread. :D I might have it beaten a couple of times between the time I get it out of my mailbox and when I sit on the couch.

I know about the joke, seriously the game took me about 7.5hrs to beat, playing through it on
hell mode now. (its pretty hard actually!)

Steroyd

I completed HS so fast I just had to look at the case in the shop.
Didn't even need a rental.

I'll try and be on tonight, since Sunday I decided to use my Biological clock to wake up rather than my phone with the Crazy Frog ringtone boy does that shit annoy me, on Sunday I woke up 2 hours too early and couldn't stay awake.

Firewire

Banned
Hey guys when the clan plays "Breach" is it everyone attack the enemy nodes, do guys usually stay behind and defend our reactor & captured nodes? Or is it take out the enemy nodes as fast as possible?
Sorry don't play many of the other modes allot, I primarily stick to TDM, don't think I've even played a CTF in Resistance.

Aeon712

Firewire said:
Hey guys when the clan plays "Breach" is it everyone attack the enemy nodes, do guys usually stay behind and defend our reactor & captured nodes? Or is it take out the enemy nodes as fast as possible?
Sorry don't play many of the other modes allot, I primarily stick to TDM, don't think I've even played a CTF in Resistance.
Stay away from CTF in Resistance, far far away. And yea me and a couple of people usually set up a perimeter around our reactor and the two closest nodes except on Somerset we ignore the forest and stick to the fort nodes.

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Stay away from CTF in Resistance, far far away. And yea me and a couple of people usually set up a perimeter around our reactor and the two closest nodes except on Somerset we ignore the forest and stick to the fort nodes.

Ok cool, didn't know last week, everyone took off and I was at the reactor alone, and I was like WTF! what am I supposed to do here! Were did everyone go! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Firewire said:

Depends on whether you're playing defense or offense, the defense stays behind to protect the nodes and the reactor while offense goes and captures nodes and then do damage to the enemy reactor. CTF can be fun when we're winning.
Indifferent2.gif

Firewire

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Depends on whether you're playing defense or offense, the defense stays behind to protect the nodes and the reactor while offense goes and captures nodes and then do damage to the enemy reactor. CTF can be fun when we're winning.
Indifferent2.gif

How do you know if your on defense or offense? :D

Aeon712

Firewire said:
How do you know if your on defense or offense? :D
I stay back on Defense cause I want my 2000 def kill medal, some stay back on def first rd and switch to off the second. Some stay back to pad their kill/death. And some stay back to hinder my d kill medal :mad:). Usually it's about 3-4 people that stay back so decide for yourself if you are defense or offense at the start of the game and call out which node you are at in Assault.

Top Bottom