• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
I stay back on Defense cause I want my 2000 def kill medal, some stay back on def first rd and switch to off the second. Some stay back to pad their kill/death. And some stay back to hinder my d kill medal :mad:). Usually it's about 3-4 people that stay back so decide for yourself if you are defense or offense at the start of the game and call out which node you are at in Assault.

OK! got it!

Wollan

ResHaloThread.jpg

Angelcurio

Aeon712 said:
Stay away from CTF in Resistance, far far away. And yea me and a couple of people usually set up a perimeter around our reactor and the two closest nodes except on Somerset we ignore the forest and stick to the fort nodes.
Well, its usually me that stays with you at delta in a lot of Breach games.

patsu

^
Is this a new game mode in Resistance ?

Anyway, I exchanged my 20Gb for a 60Gb using BestBuy's extended warranty :p
Had to say good bye to the 20Gb (It's still working very well, but I wanted to trade up to the 60Gb instead of the 40Gb, if the rumor turns out to be true). Also moved the PS3 to my office. But in my haste, I left all my games and BD movies at home 60 miles away.

Once I retrieved them later this week, I should be able to join the game more since I practically camp in the office these days.

Kittonwy

Banned
Nice to see Click showing up for one of our clan nights.

Air-fuel/hedgehog-only was fun.

So drunk right now...

STEP DA FOCK UP!!!

RAWR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Kittonwy said:

So drunk right now...

STEP DA FOCK UP!!!

RAWR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

I petitioned for his reinstatement around here, but no love. He posts a sh!tton on the Infected boards at MyRes...

rc213

Kittonwy said:

So drunk right now...

STEP DA FOCK UP!!!

RAWR!!!111!!!
angry.gif

I missed out on that last game cause I accidentally switched to spectator mode. =c

Where was JS?

Aeon712

I wanted to play last night but also wanted to watch Superman vs Doomsday...That and I'm avoiding Loco(Prestine Condition)

Firewire

Banned
Steroyd said:
What the hell, I've been getting inexplicable network errors lately.

Same happening to me!
I got booted out of Resistance last night (some numerical error), couldn't get into Wowhawk or even PS store. I would sign in then I would get booted out. Still not working as of this morning.

Anyone else having problems with PSN?

Aeon712 said:
I wanted to play last night but also wanted to watch Superman vs Doomsday...That and I'm avoiding Loco(Prestine Condition)

Pretty smart (for an Eagles fan). I was waiting for you last night... :lol

Romo>>>>>>>>>>>Donny McHasBeen

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:

I don't blame you, I'd avoid Loco right now too..... if I was an Eagles fan.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
sutdawg said:
I don't blame you, I'd avoid Loco right now too..... if I was an Eagles fan.

It's going to be a great day when both the Phillies and Eagles miss the playoffs and the Flyers win the cup.

Maggot9

Banned
I can't believe im this excited over all my previously bought PS3 games getting rumble. I'll replay each at least once.

SSHD + rumble = w0w

-viper-

Banned
Good news. I liked Resistance when I played it at my cusion's house but felt empty without rumble. Rumble = good.

I don't own a PS3 yet, but I'll get it once it'll come with rumble. Sadly its coming in the UK in Spring 08.

SONY YOU CUNTS.

theBishop

Banned
jstevenson said:

Awesome stuff.

BTW: is there some way I can request LAN (aka System Link) play via a patch? Some of my friends are getting PS3's now, and we'd like to do the LAN-party thing. I'm sure you guys know about the massive popularity of Halo in college dorms thanks to System Link. You gotta hook that up! ... Please, that is. :D

Esperado

I honestly don't care about rumble. The only time I really notice it is when I put my controller on a table to get a drink or something and makes an annoying noise as it rumbles against the wood. I really don't see what the big deal is. Though, this reminds me that I still haven't beaten Resistance..

Ok I need some help. I guess I'm nearing the end. I'm in the snow not long after you leave the tank. At the start of this section you have to fight two stalkers (? I've gotten their name wrong haven't I?) and then after that a widowmaker comes out and totally owns me. I can't see a way to take it down.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Bearillusion said:
Ok I need some help. I guess I'm nearing the end. I'm in the snow not long after you leave the tank. At the start of this section you have to fight two stalkers (? I've gotten their name wrong haven't I?) and then after that a widowmaker comes out and totally owns me. I can't see a way to take it down.

That part can be a bitch. I usually start in the left building and use the Laark on the Stalkers. I either refill the Laark in that building (if there is ammo that is....been a while) or work my way to the top floor in the building on the right. Don't forget to watch your back upstairs in both buildings as Chimera will come in. Grab that Laark and take out the Widowmaker before it even gets close enough to attack me. I believe there is Laark ammo in that right building or it respawns or something. Good luck.

djkimothy

Bearillusion said:
Taking out the stalkers isn't a problem it's the widowmaker. How many hits with the lark does it take to bring it down?

If I remember, quite a few. Though I had a tough time against it as I was pretty wreckless with the stalkers.

Top Bottom