• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Aeon712

ChryZ said:
GGs, guys ,,, epic fun. I'm spend for tonight, keep on wreckin'
Yup Yup was a blast, we even met a new Gaffer that we've never played with before(marko). I even enjoyed that CTF on Somerset since they didn't camp the flag and actually played. Ordering my Pizza now :D.

Aeon712

patsu said:
I missed Resistance for more than 2 months. So I tried to make up for it.

Stayed up 2.5 nights to play online. I think I'm falling sick :(

If all goes well, I might join you guys later tonight for one or two game. Then I have to drive 60 miles home.
Dude go to sleep and get your rest, a healthy Patsu will have a higher k/d :). Plus a sick and tired Patsu driving 60miles is a no no.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
Hi Fellow Clan Members,

You are all massive BEETCHASSES.

Regards,

Ranbir

Who's Ranbir?
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712

So yea I got on and nobody was on, waited in the lobby while watching Kaibutsu Oujo and still nobody. I'm watching Real World instead.

patsu

Aeon712 said:
Dude go to sleep and get your rest, a healthy Patsu will have a higher k/d :). Plus a sick and tired Patsu driving 60miles is a no no.

Well... I played for a short while with the clan and had to rush home after 5 games :(

The melt down game was fun. We nearly lost the second set.

Kittonwy

Banned
Fun_Cat_Caturday3.jpg

^^ STEP DA FOCK UP!!! IT'S TIME TO GAME BATTLE RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

HURRY UP AND EAT YOUR CURRY!!! YOU'LL NEED UR STRENGTH!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Steroyd

Christ on a bike.
angry.gif

After playing with Aeon and Chryz earlier the exact moment I log out of Resistance my freaking internet decides to take a big fat shit and shuts down all night, I only just got the damn thing working now.

Bloody cocks I'm blaming either Sky Broadband or Sony's 1.93 update, I'm not pleased and getting sick of this shit. >:[

Here's hoping Restoring the router to it's default settings minus the one little change this time, sorts this out for good, AAARGH!! >_<

On a lighter note I go my 10 kill without dying medal... just. :D

ChryZ

Steroyd said:
Christ on a bike.
angry.gif

After playing with Aeon and Chryz earlier the exact moment I log out of Resistance my freaking internet decides to take a big fat shit and shuts down all night, I only just got the damn thing working now.

Bloody cocks I'm blaming either Sky Broadband or Sony's 1.93 update, I'm not pleased and getting sick of this shit. >:[

Here's hoping Restoring the router to it's default settings minus the one little change this time, sorts this out for good, AAARGH!! >_<

On a lighter note I go my 10 kill without dying medal... just. :D
You know, that new 10 kills-in-a-row medal of yours might be the reason for all the trouble. The 20 one will prolly set your router on fire! :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I've got a special joke for NeoGAF. Ready?

Ok, here we go.

What type of compression system does Kittonwy like to use?
Win-RAWR
Indifferent2.gif

Bwahaha! That took me several months to come up with.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
chubigans said:

Ok, here we go.

Win-RAWR
Indifferent2.gif

I lawlolled.

chubigans said:

Ok, here we go.

Win-RAWR
Indifferent2.gif

...ok i laughed. I'll be on late, going out to dinner.

Kittonwy

Banned
chubigans said:

Ok, here we go.

Win-RAWR
Indifferent2.gif

LOLZ it's true.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
I haven't been on for quite a while but I've needed to take a break from Resistance to play some other games. My free time is a little more at a premium lately, so I'm going on an "official" break until I get some of my backlog cleared or they get the map pack/ranked issue fixed.

I haven't got any other MP games because I haven't seen anything that is really gonna trump the good times I've had with Resistance (WarHawk and Orange Box be damned). So, at the very least, I'm not cheating on you guys. ;)

Resistance will be my old standby for good times for the foreseeable future. See you on the boards.

I still need to finish the Superhuman campaign. I'm still about half way through.

Kittonwy

Banned
ksm309.jpg

^^ SUNDAY MORNING GB IS CALLING!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

ARE YOU READY TO GAME BATTLE RAWR???!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

So, is there a good number of you who still play this online then? I should be getting my ps3 sometime this week and if you guys still play pretty often I'll join you.

Steroyd

Do you not see Kittonwy's big massive post.

This month has been tough for Resistance numbers (other great online games coming out) we're weathering the storm and we still average out at about 10 people on a clan night. :)

"Do you not see Kittonwy's big massive post.

This month has been tough for Resistance numbers (other great online games coming out) we're weathering the storm and we still average out at about 10 people on a clan night. :)"

I saw his big post but it didn't say how many people still played it was just saying he wanted to keep it going it seemed. It was a big post so I only skimmed it. But ya, if there's about 10 of you or so when I get my ps3 I'll join you guys.

Angelcurio

Steroyd said:
Do you not see Kittonwy's big massive post.

This month has been tough for Resistance numbers (other great online games coming out) we're weathering the storm and we still average out at about 10 people on a clan night. :)
Last week we had almost 20 people. That was a uncommon day though, as even Click was online.

Firewire

Banned
I'll be on tonight! (making the clan look bad again with my terrible kill/death ratio) :lol
I feel like a fool playing with you pro's! But I'm getting better, that last game on Thursday I got 4 kills! and only 11 deaths:(

Did I mention how bad I suck! Oh wait....I did! :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
I'll be on tonight! (making the clan look bad again with my terrible kill/death ratio) :lol
I feel like a fool playing with you pro's! But I'm getting better, that last game on Thursday I got 4 kills! and only 11 deaths:(

Did I mention how bad I suck! Oh wait....I did! :lol

All is forgiven \/\/
leggycopy.jpg

Aeon712

Eagles vs Giants tonight so don't expect me on, if you see me with a new av it's cause we lost and Wellington gets to pick my avatar.

Aeon712

Resistance was just what I needed to get that Eagles game out of my system. I'm noticing a pattern of when I get a lot of def kills that game freezes me out. The first rd of that Nottingham meltdown where the center node was up for grabs for like 3/4ths the match was awesome. Sutdawg had 38kills and I had 29 and we both had mad d kills then second rd my game froze and I was the only one kicked :(. I blame no one else but JStevenson.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Its been awhile due to work and moving to an new apt, but its my duty to exterminate as many Chimera as possible so i will be on tonight!

sutdawg

Aeon712 said:
Resistance was just what I needed to get that Eagles game out of my system. I'm noticing a pattern of when I get a lot of def kills that game freezes me out. The first rd of that Nottingham meltdown where the center node was up for grabs for like 3/4ths the match was awesome. Sutdawg had 38kills and I had 29 and we both had mad d kills then second rd my game froze and I was the only one kicked :(. I blame no one else but JStevenson.

I think you may be on to something here. It's not like you play well every game(maybe 1 or 2 matches a night) and you do seem to get kicked during those few games. If only this trend had occured during the Tournament, me and Efertlis would have been in NY with Bob. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
TONX said:
Its been awhile due to work and moving to an new apt, but its my duty to exterminate as many Chimera as possible so i will be on tonight!

We're playing tonight? How come I didn't get no memo rawr?
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
sutdawg said:
I think you may be on to something here. It's not like you play well every game(maybe 1 or 2 matches a night) and you do seem to get kicked during those few games. If only this trend had occured during the Tournament, me and Efertlis would have been in NY with Bob. :lol

Touche rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Aeon712 said:

The old, awesome Aeon would have remembered to include some sort of jab at "Delaymiac" for moving the Ratchet and Clank future release date a week.

Your posting skills have slipped almost as badly as the Eagles' O-line and Donny McHas-been's mobility in the pocket, dood. Sad.

:lol

PS: Romo.

PPS: Romo Romo Romo Romo Romo Romo Romo Romo Romo.

2qapu83.jpg

#1 Team Player. Keep Smiling, TO.

Aeon712

Pristine_Condition said:
The old, awesome Aeon would have remembered to include some sort of jab at "Delaymiac" for moving the Ratchet and Clank future release date a week.

Your posting skills have slipped almost as badly as the Eagles' O-line and Donny McHas-been's mobility in the pocket, dood. Sad.
:lol
In my defense I let them have it in the lobby about having a delayed Demo and now a delayed game. If I was them I'd just stop naming dates.

Played Resistance online the other day and played a human vs human for the first and hopefully last time. What the hell is that nonesense? It is too hard to tell who's on my team. At least in Halo it's red vs blue and you are actually red or blue.

Top Bottom