• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

Core407

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Played Resistance online the other day and played a human vs human for the first and hopefully last time. What the hell is that nonesense? It is too hard to tell who's on my team. At least in Halo it's red vs blue and you are actually red or blue.

Enemies have their aliases in red above their heads.

Core407

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Yeah but it's not same as I lose a split second before my brain catches on.

Stop playing stoned.

Edit: Your crosshair goes red too I believe. I sold my copy of the title months ago. Wish i didn't.

Nizz

Just wondering. There's a thread for "another" console FPS going where they're talking about sensitivity settings. I'd like to ask, what sensitivity are many of you playing at? Me, I'm playing at the default setting, which seems fast enough for me. Anyone playing this higher than 4 sensitvity?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just to respond to another thread... Ted isn't leaving Insomniac. it's obviously a very silly rumor, and if it is true that an ex-intern started it... well, we have no idea how they would get such a thought into their head.

Anyways, just giving official confirmation that it's false since the mods locked the thread and BuddyC isn't on AIM for me to bug so I can post in there.

jstevenson said:
Just to respond to another thread... Ted isn't leaving Insomniac. it's obviously a very silly rumor, and if it is true that an ex-intern started it... well, we have no idea how they would get such a thought into their head.

Anyways, just giving official confirmation that it's false since the mods locked the thread and BuddyC isn't on AIM for me to bug so I can post in there.

I think most reasonable people assumed as much, dude. I think Odysseus had the best post in that thread, "ted price to leave his own studio to start his own studio?". But hopefully your comment will stop any small brush fires from flaring up.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
fps fanatic said:
Just wondering. There's a thread for "another" console FPS going where they're talking about sensitivity settings. I'd like to ask, what sensitivity are many of you playing at? Me, I'm playing at the default setting, which seems fast enough for me. Anyone playing this higher than 4 sensitvity?

Yeah we have people playing with every possible setting.

I'm probably the only person in our clan at 9.
Big E is probably the only one at 1.
Sutdawg is 7 or 8.
A bunch of people in between.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
AltogetherAndrews said:
I think most reasonable people assumed as much, dude. I think Odysseus had the best post in that thread, "ted price to leave his own studio to start his own studio?". But hopefully your comment will stop any small brush fires from flaring up.

Well, when you have a crazy rumor that is completely false, you deny it quickly... Someone saw it on Gametrailers earlier and e-mailed Ted, and he left me an e-mail so I have been squashing this on various boards since I got back from a panel I was at tonight.

jstevenson said:

I thought Ted leaving was to balance out the influx of Bungie employees?

jstevenson said:
Well, when you have a crazy rumor that is completely false, you deny it quickly... Someone saw it on Gametrailers earlier and e-mailed Ted, and he left me an e-mail so I have been squashing this on various boards since I got back from a panel I was at tonight.

Oh, it's been that widespread? :lol Sounds like good times. I'm sure it will make an appearance in this thread too soon enough.

jstevenson said:

Wow ridiculous it's obviously a counter rumor to the news about Bungie.

Aeon712

jstevenson said:

Lets just ignore the rumor of you haxing my PS3 when I'm getting an awesome amount of def kills....And wtf I miss all the good rumors when I sleep, I had no idea Ted was leaving Insomniac for Shakira :lol.

llTll

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Lets just ignore the rumor of you haxing my PS3 when I'm getting an awesome amount of def kills....And wtf I miss all the good rumors when I sleep, I had no idea Ted was leaving Insomniac for Shakira :lol.

what? Ted is leaving Insomniac for Shakira?... the singer?....

i wana go too.

also, i didnt play Resistance for sometime. but i will be back this weekend. so get ready boys and girls. its time to.......get my ass kicked.

Kittonwy

Banned
6b0o2vl.jpg

^^ BLOODY HELL IMA RAN OUT OF BEERDOM!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

GB IS COMIN' RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

M3Freak

Banned
Resistance has me hooked.
I think about it when I shit.
I think about it when I shower.
I think about it on my way to work.
I think about it when I dream about beating Aeon to 2000 defense kills.

One day during online play:

efertlis: WHAT THE FUCK?
m3freak: what? what happened?
efertlis: Some dude killed me.
m3freak: ....
efertlis: You can't kill me.

Earlier:

[ lots of chatter in the lobby ]
sutdawg: m3geek is...
hijo: [ interrupting ] how's it going, guys?
sutdawg: blha blha blah [completely drowned out by Aeon whining]
sutdawg: he he
m3freak: what the hell is sutdawg talking about?

During a game:

m3freak: nice work, hijo: 7 and 976
hijo: I was going for stealth kills.
m3freak: really?
hijo: thanks, m3freak. I appreciate it.
m3freak: I'm just saying I was surprised by your massive suckage.
hijo: ....
hijo: fucking m3.

Meanwhile:

[grenade goes off, careksims dies]
careksims: what the heck man, I was like 1 foot away from it
[careksims chucks a grenade 50 ft over a guys head, and blows up a window]
careksims: why don't my grenades kill anyone?
careksims: ...
careksims: come on, man...::sigh::

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
I think about it when I shit.
I think about it when I shower.
I think about it on my way to work.
I think about it when I dream about beating Aeon to 2000 defense kills.

One day during online play:

efertlis: WHAT THE FUCK?
m3freak: what? what happened?
efertlis: Some dude killed me.
m3freak: ....
efertlis: You can't kill me.

Earlier:

[ lots of chatter in the lobby ]
sutdawg: m3geek is...
hijo: [ interrupting ] how's it going, guys?
sutdawg: blha blha blah [completely drowned out by Aeon whining]
sutdawg: he he
m3freak: what the hell is sutdawg talking about?

During a game:

m3freak: nice work, hijo: 7 and 976
hijo: I was going for stealth kills.
m3freak: really?
hijo: thanks, m3freak. I appreciate it.
m3freak: I'm just saying I was surprised by your massive suckage.
hijo: ....
hijo: fucking m3.

Meanwhile:

[grenade goes off, careksims dies]
careksims: what the heck man, I was like 1 foot away from it
[careksims chucks a grenade 50 ft over a guys head, and blows up a window]
careksims: why don't my grenades kill anyone?
careksims: ...
careksims: come on, man...::sigh::

M3Geek, you owe me 25 seconds of my life back for making me read this whole thing!

Although the Careksims part was funny... it might actually be the first funny thing you've ever said.

Big-E

Beatbox said:
Yeah we have people playing with every possible setting.

I'm probably the only person in our clan at 9.
Big E is probably the only one at 1.
Sutdawg is 7 or 8.
A bunch of people in between.

Right now I am at 2 but I think I will be trying 9 tonight. With my little hiatus I am starting to lose single engagements which I would normally win 9 times out of 10.

ChryZ

fps fanatic said:
I used to play quite some time on the default setting, then lowered it to 3 (enjoyed all the headshots, hated the backstabbing), then stepped it up to 8/9, too twitchy, played some time on 7, played more Warhawk (less RFoM) and had to drop a notch to my current setting of 6. I think it really takes constant training to maintain a good performance on 7/8/9, but it's clearly an advantage.

Firewire said:
If anyone gets together, I'll get them to invite you.
Hey thanks I got an invite from queeg or something like that I think. The game was full though! But thanks anyways.
Steroyd said:
The game is freaking hard on hard or I haven't played the SP section in ages.
Loudninja said:
Man Resistance has some GREAT AI.

I second that I'm playing through the SP again but this time on hard.

Steroyd said:
The game is freaking hard on hard or I haven't played the SP section in ages.

I've already finished it on every mode, ect, but I played through it a bit this weekend, just to show my buddy what was up in between rounds of finishing Halo 3. What I like most about Resistance SP, especially the harder modes, is how it makes you learn to use all the weapons at your disposal. Sounds like a simple thing, but I'm always shocked at how few FPS games really make you utilize the entire available weapons set.

Firewire

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I had network error towards teh end but mainly I was just hammered, wasn't much good shooting randomly.
Indifferent2.gif

Dude you were hilarious last night, I hope you get lucky with that women you were talking about! Anyways good games!

Big-E

Sorry I kept on disconnecting. My network was acting weird. I could get on but then 10 minutes later I would be kicked. I could then get immediately back on but the problems continued. I think it may have been a dns error but I am not sure. Going to leave my PS3 on all day and hopefully yesterday was just an isolated issue.

M3Freak

Banned
Big-E said:
Sorry I kept on disconnecting. My network was acting weird. I could get on but then 10 minutes later I would be kicked. I could then get immediately back on but the problems continued. I think it may have been a dns error but I am not sure. Going to leave my PS3 on all day and hopefully yesterday was just an isolated issue.

That's too bad - Kittonwy was freaking hilarious. He gave me material for days - now I just have to work on a story/poem/or something else lame.

sutdawg

M3Freak said:
That's too bad - Kittonwy was freaking hilarious. He gave me material for days - now I just have to work on a story/poem/or something else lame.

You should have stressed the lame part. :lol

Aeon712

sutdawg said:
You should have stressed the lame part. :lol
:lol

Sounds like I missed a fun night. Plus side I'm in a new department at work sort've so I won't have to be to work at 6am after tomorrow. Bad thing is I'll have to close more like this Friday and Saturday. I'll be on Friday night though but might not make it Saturday cause I have a meeting at 7am Sunday.

Aeon712

Stink said:
just finished the main game ^_^

slightly odd but not the mega-boss that I was half-dreading, so it's all good ^_^
The level of intensity made up for not fighting a big bad boss at the end. I still remember having a meltdown on Normal trying to beat the part where the Hybrids are sniping down on you with bullseyes while you fight two angels.

Firewire

Banned
Aeon712 said:
The level of intensity made up for not fighting a big bad boss at the end. I still remember having a meltdown on Normal trying to beat the part where the Hybrids are sniping down on you with bullseyes while you fight two angels.

I so hated that. It took me like 15 tries to beat it.

Aeon712 said:
:lol

Sounds like I missed a fun night. Plus side I'm in a new department at work sort've so I won't have to be to work at 6am after tomorrow. Bad thing is I'll have to close more like this Friday and Saturday. I'll be on Friday night though but might not make it Saturday cause I have a meeting at 7am Sunday.

Three words to describe last night:

Drunkest.
Kittonwy.
Ever.

:D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pristine_Condition said:
Three words to describe last night:

Drunkest.
Kittonwy.
Ever.

Oh I wish I had been playing with you guys instead of taking screenshots... that just sounds amazingly awesome.

jstevenson said:
Oh I wish I had been playing with you guys instead of taking screenshots... that just sounds amazingly awesome.

It was. Even more amazingly awesome than when you joined us in a similar state.

Well, maybe not...but certainly more, uh, RANDY...

I wish I was taking the screenshots. I had fun doing a bunch of Uncharted screens, but it's not the same. Uh, and I didn't get paid. (OK, I feel like a chump now...)

F U and your cool job, JS!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pristine_Condition said:
I wish I was taking the screenshots. I had fun doing a bunch of Uncharted screens, but it's not the same. Uh, and I didn't get paid. (OK, I feel like a chump now...)

F U and your cool job, JS!

Ok... how did you do uncharted screens for free... and on top of that, WHY do you like doing screens? I've blogged on our site about the pain it causes.

jstevenson said:
LOL the parts we could understand were really funny. Some of it ran together though. About the girl: all I could figure out was that Kitton was all "RAWR!" and she was all "RAWR!".

The Royal Bank of Canada must throw bitchin' keggers.

jstevenson said:
Ok... how did you do uncharted screens for free... and on top of that, WHY do you like doing screens? I've blogged on our site about the pain it causes.

I just did stills on based on the videos from Gamerside's new gameplay video.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8044296&postcount=1537
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8045075&postcount=1566
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8047706&postcount=1712

Why? I'm a photographer by trade so that sort of thing is fun for me, trying to capture "the moment" when the action and angle make for a good composition and all that... Compared to spending hours and hours and hours on one shot and (at least in the "good old days) spending countless more hours in the darkroom, it seems like a fun diversion. Short answer: I'm sick like that! :D

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
LOL the parts we could understand were really funny. Some of it ran together though. About the girl: all I could figure out was that Kitton was all "RAWR!" and she was all "RAWR!".

all I heard was "I'm so drunk!" :lol

Aeon712

BobTheFork said:
Sounds like the Kittonwy mating call, all it needed was some Boom Chicka Wah Wahhhhhh :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BobTheFork said:

Wait, a girl? Kittonwy? Now you guys are just trying to put me on.

Top Bottom