• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

jstevenson said:
Wait, a girl? Kittonwy? Now you guys are just trying to put me on.
Its some _______ (adj) woman at his _____ (place) picnic. I'm trying hard to keep him away from her. Thats two mistakes with one Rawr.

Let's try to be a little more coy, Resistance bros...

No sense busting his balls on a PUBLIC forum. (It will be so much more fun to do it in the lobby...)

What happens in Resistance, STAYS in Resistance.

Kittonwy

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
I found a picture of what you looked like this morning, Kittonwy:

16x16smileysadgi9.gif

"I NEEDZ teh ASPIRIN plz!"

Not surprisingly I did not have a hangover this morning, most of teh alcohol in my system has already been metabolized rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Its some MARRIED woman at his COMPANY picnic. I'm trying hard to keep him away from her. Thats two mistakes with one Rawr.

Yeah, not gonna happen, unless I want to sleep on the couch for teh rest of teh year, but she was hawt though rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Hey gang, make your own embarressing KittonWy stories at home with GafLibs:

Its some _______ (adj) woman at his _____ (place) picnic. I'm trying hard to keep him away from her. Thats two mistakes with one ____ (rawr).

Maggot9

Banned
Aeon712 said:
This is the new Resistance pre clan night warm up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cXZGkRMCY

Thought it was odd I didn't see you on playing Skate.

The last game I bought was Rainbow Six man. Next year is going to be expensive for school, so I want to save as much as I can to help cover even though I'm getting a loan.

I also recently got my G1 (first drivers license, 2 years overdue haha), so now I feel inclined to also save for a car. :( (Go VW Golf, Go!)

Kittonwy

Banned
575_clk_159.jpg

^^ GB YESSSS!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

DONATE TO TEH BEERDOM FUND PLZ RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Don't forget about the scheduled game tonight..

MEETUP TIMES:

Tuesdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Fridays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Saturdays 6pm PST / 9pm EST

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

1) LOGIN to Resistance MP online at least one time.

2) LEAVE any clan you are in right now.

3) PM kaching on NEOGAF to get added to the clan roster.

4) WAIT a couple days for him to get back to you.

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Worldwide servers and new maps in May.
Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

SOCOM and USB headsets compatible with PS2 work fine.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

Clan Roster: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p62Ro_nUUSfscF9g032W-Aw
Status of clan members and invites pending

Clan Blog: http://vjarmy.com/clangaf/
Clan Strategies and Tactics - MUST READ
The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

Official Website: RFOMps3.com
Cool Story Background details and hidden content.

Community Website: MyResistance.net
You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The Wedge tactic explained:

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

If you have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks!
Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

Chiggs

Gold Member
Well, I'm a year late, but I picked up a 60GB PS3 tonight, and just got Resistance: FoM. Gonna start the singleplayer in a few, and I'm pretty excited...I've heard wonderful things.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I should probably get on this weekend to say hi... tomorrow night is bad with Nebraska vs. Missouri though. I'll see what I cans do on Sunday...

Kittonwy

Banned
9ba61f37-1.jpg

^^ I WILLZ SAVEZ U ALL RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

CATURDAY NIGHT!!!

BEERDOM TO DA RESCUE RAWR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

5) In the meantime if you want to play with the clan, send one of the gaffers a buddy invite (please tell him you are from gaf) so he can get you invited to the party.

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

It would be a big plus if everyone invested in a headset. For headset details and recommendations, follow this link.

If you do not have a headset, you can at least set it up so that you can hear people without one. Set mic output settings to system default.

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

The login is "gaf", and the password is a five-letter word starting with "w" that is frequently used within the clan. If you can't figure it out, PM Remy. If anyone wants rights to help contribute, please drop Remy a PM about that as well.

You can check your stats outside the game and the forums are full of tips and tricks. This is also where you go to report cheaters.

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

The "flying wedge" is the term given to our tendency to mob together in a violent swarm and shoot the everliving hell out of anyone who dares get near us. It leads to multiple assists per kill which leads to a 20-60% increase in points. 16 points for a kill is far better than 10!

It does not, despite its name, resemble a true flying wedge - although generally whoever is at the front of the pack will get gunned down while those behind break through and destroy the opposition. So maybe it's not completely inaccurate.

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment are happy to announce that we will be instituting a new ban policy for Resistance: Fall of Man online gameplay, effective immediately. Players may report cheaters using lag devices or using exploits to leave the intended playable area. Make a report by sending a private message to the MyResistance.Net "cheating" account (username: cheating). Cheating and the use of in-game exploits is not allowed in any game type, including custom and private games.

To enforce this policy we have in-game moderators documenting players who are involved in using, discovering, or sharing exploits with others. These moderators have the ability to join and observe any game or user in ranked, custom, or private games without the knowledge of the players in those games.

Initial bans for first-time offenders will be 24 hours. Bans will grow in length with each successive rules-violation, and attempts to circumvent a ban are grounds for an extension of it.

Thanks!

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is there a clan list or how will I be able to find you guys once I'm added to the clan?

Send kaching a messaging on PSN, have him add you to the clan, once that is done we can see you on the clan list and when we're in the party lobby the party leader can easily see which clan member is online and if you're online he can invite you to the party, once you're in the clan you can see who in the clan is online, it's very easy and quick. If you haven't been added to the clan list yet you can send one of us a buddy invite, the party leader can also manually add you to the party in the meantime.
Indifferent2.gif

"Send kaching a messaging on PSN, have him add you to the clan, once that is done we can see you on the clan list and when we're in the party lobby the party leader can easily see which clan member is online and if you're online he can invite you to the party, once you're in the clan you can see who in the clan is online, it's very easy and quick. If you haven't been added to the clan list yet you can send one of us a buddy invite, the party leader can also manually add you to the party in the meantime."

I messaged kaching on psn. Who should I buddy invite? It says yours and kachings are full :/ I don't know who plays all the time.

magus

I want to buy this but I suck at console fps controls. I'm practicing on the demo of the game so maybe I'll get the hang of it soon =]. I want to play!

Any tips for a PC gamer to help me adapt ? =[

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Send kaching a messaging on PSN, have him add you to the clan, once that is done we can see you on the clan list and when we're in the party lobby the party leader can easily see which clan member is online and if you're online he can invite you to the party, once you're in the clan you can see who in the clan is online, it's very easy and quick. If you haven't been added to the clan list yet you can send one of us a buddy invite, the party leader can also manually add you to the party in the meantime."

I messaged kaching on psn. Who should I buddy invite? It says yours and kachings are full :/ I don't know who plays all the time.

efertlisdotcom, sutdawg, M3Freak, etc.
Indifferent2.gif

patsu

magus said:
I want to buy this but I suck at console fps controls. I'm practicing on the demo of the game so maybe I'll get the hang of it soon =]. I want to play!

Any tips for a PC gamer to help me adapt ? =[

Practise. Use the Rage Mode/Sprint during battle (Human is a little more tricky). Don't forget to aim for the head. Keep your left thumb agile/twitchy and right thumb steady.

And most importantly...

When you play Team Deathmatch with Sutdawg, Aeon712, eFertLisDotCom, Kittonwy, M3freak, and some really good newer players in the clan, you have to stay at the fringe (like in front of them). These guys kill enemies so quickly that everytime I stay among them, I have _nothing_ to kill >_< I call that the "comfort zone" (or may be "Eye of the Tornado" sounds more cool).

That's just crazy. They should have a law preventing people from killing aliens so quickly... some sort of endangered species protection. Seriously *close eyes, shake head, stern face*

Is there any way to find you guys on resistance? I've tried to add a bunch of people and they either have their lists full or ignore my friends requests...

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is there any way to find you guys on resistance? I've tried to add a bunch of people and they either have their lists full or ignore my friends requests...

I'll be on in like 30-45 minutes, what's your PSN name?

"I'll be on in like 30-45 minutes, what's your PSN name?"

PengyMcPenguin

Edit: O, and one question I'm gonna play the single player while I'm waiting, does it say if someone is sending you a friends request or inviting you when your in single player?

Steroyd

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I'll be on in like 30-45 minutes, what's your PSN name?"

PengyMcPenguin

Edit: O, and one question I'm gonna play the single player while I'm waiting, does it say if someone is sending you a friends request or inviting you when your in single player?

add friends request yes, inviting to MP match no.

Angelcurio

I am having problems getting online guys.

The ps3 cant log on, but the download management keeps working, but when i try to log to either PSN, or test my Network connection, i get the error "80710102".

On the test connection tab, where it says "Internet Conection: Failed". I really dont know whats going on.

EDIT: After restarting my router and ps3 a couple of times, everything came back to normal.

Maggot9

Banned
Angelcurio said:
I am having problems getting online guys.

The ps3 cant log on, but the download management keeps working, but when i try to log to either PSN, or test my Network connection, i get the error "80710102".

On the test connection tab, where it says "Internet Conection: Failed". I really dont know whats going on.
unplug both your router and modem for a couple minutes.

Kittonwy

Banned
Image20071005031701767.jpg

^^ GB WILLZ EAT U ALIVE!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

RAWR!!!
angry.gif

Tonight is...

SUNDAY NIGHT!!!

BEERDOM!!! IT'S WORTH FIGHTIN' FOR!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

MEETUP TIMES:

Sundays 6pm PST/ 9pm EST

TO JOIN THE CLAN:

SCHEDULED GAME UPDATES:

Maps will cost money.

HEADSETS:

OTHER IMPORTANT PAGES:

ChimNeoGAF.jpg
ResClan.gif

ONE OF OUR GROUP PHOTOS
ResistanceGAF05.jpg

Message from IG:

Hey all-

Thanks!

kevm3

Just got a PS3 a few days ago with Resistance. I was having a hard time choosing between REsistance and Ninja Gaiden. After playing Resistance, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Chiggs

Gold Member
kevm3 said:
Just got a PS3 a few days ago with Resistance. I was having a hard time choosing between REsistance and Ninja Gaiden. After playing Resistance, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Same here. This game is long.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
kevm3 said:

Awesome, really good to hear it :) Tell your friends!

Aeon712

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is anyone playing yet? It says none of you guys I played with last night are on right now.
Just checked my list and it looks like three of the regulars are playing piyotama, tekken and warhawk. I'll be on once the Bears/Packers game goes to halftime.

"I'll be on around 9:45-10 (probably 10, just finished my Thanksgiving Day turkey, needs to settle down a bit before exercise)."

Alright, I won't be on as late since people see to be starting later. It was a lot of fun playing with you guys last night even though I hurt you guys more than I helped due to my suckyness.:lol O kittonwy for being the only one to not accept my buddy invite last night :p

"Just checked my list and it looks like three of the regulars are playing piyotama, tekken and warhawk. I'll be on once the Bears/Packers game goes to halftime."

:lol That's the only reason I'll be on tonight since I'll be up watching that anyhow.

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I'll be on around 9:45-10 (probably 10, just finished my Thanksgiving Day turkey, needs to settle down a bit before exercise)."

Alright, I won't be on as late since people see to be starting later. It was a lot of fun playing with you guys last night even though I hurt you guys more than I helped due to my suckyness.:lol O kittonwy for being the only one to not accept my buddy invite last night :p

"Just checked my list and it looks like three of the regulars are playing piyotama, tekken and warhawk. I'll be on once the Bears/Packers game goes to halftime."

:lol That's the only reason I'll be on tonight since I'll be up watching that anyhow.

Sorry I accepted the invite (twice) but my PSN buddylist is currently at 50 so basically it doesn't allow me to accept anymore invites.
Indifferent2.gif

"Sorry I accepted the invite (twice) but my PSN buddylist is currently at 50 so basically it doesn't allow me to accept anymore invites."

I was only joking with ya, but since you brought it up can you only add 50 people to your buddy list in resistance? And is the resistance buddy list seperate from other games?

Edit: One more question. Is the resistance map pack worth it? I was playing with you guys last night and it didn't seem to make a difference even though I didn't have them.

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Sorry I accepted the invite (twice) but my PSN buddylist is currently at 50 so basically it doesn't allow me to accept anymore invites."

I was only joking with ya, but since you brought it up can you only add 50 people to your buddy list in resistance? And is the resistance buddy list seperate from other games?

Edit: One more question. Is the resistance map pack worth it? I was playing with you guys last night and it didn't seem to make a difference even though I didn't have them.

Actually most of us regulars have the map packs, but when we have people who don't have the map packs we would play only the regular maps, the new maps haven't been integrated yet, hopefully soon. I like the new maps, but I haven't played them enough to know them anywhere nearly as well as the regular ones (for the regular maps we pretty much have a game plan as far as the objective games are concerned).

"Actually most of us regulars have the map packs, but when we have people who don't have the map packs we would play only the regular maps, the new maps haven't been integrated yet, hopefully soon. I like the new maps, but I haven't played them enough to know them anywhere nearly as well as the regular ones (for the regular maps we pretty much have a game plan as far as the objective games are concerned)."

Ah, well at least I'm safe for now. I was going to buy them but I became hesitant when I saw it was $8 for 2 maps, which in my mind is pretty steep. :/ Maybe if I wind up playing it enough I'll get them but it seems like so much for so little.

Aeon712

Game is at half time, it's time for some Resistance :D.

And don't worry about the maps till they are added to the selection for ranked games. Biggest waste of money I've wasted on the PS3 so far. and I bought Tekken for a party and never played it since.

Top Bottom